Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-19-2020, 12:09 PM   #1
Sea Dangles

Happy Juneteenth

Stronger together
💪🏼

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-19-2020, 06:49 PM   #2
RickBomba

I think strong people can walk down ramps by themselves, know England is a nuclear contender, know Finland is not a part of Russia, be able to drink water without needing a walker, and realize that McCarthur is not MacGuyver.

Maybe you guys have smarter role models.

This one is brain dead.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-19-2020, 06:55 PM   #3
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Don’t wish the virus on anyone, but apparently Trump doesn’t care as long as he can have his moment, if a few supporters die it’s for a good cause. Can you say desperation, his poll numbers are dismal for “the best president of our lifetime”.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:04 PM   #4
RickBomba

Dude,
It’s the perfect example of natural selection.

I encourage all to attend sans masks.

I thought smoking would kill the Redd Hats, but I guess it’s gonna be just dumb luck.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:59 PM   #5
Sea Dangles

Guys, find your own thread to bash politics. This is to celebrate Juneteenth.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-19-2020, 09:36 PM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
No Chit, just wow. Talk about rent Free.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-20-2020, 06:08 AM   #7
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

I'll bite.

Juneteenth should be a federal holiday (not at the expense of Columbus day) as it marks the day when all slaves were "freed".

I tend to look at other hard dates like the Emancipation Proclamation, or when the actual work was being done by Sherman from Chattanooga to Atlanta to the Sea to Raleigh

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-20-2020, 07:15 AM   #8
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Yeah sure, but your Potus chose that date and location to hold a rally all his own health experts say is a really bad idea, so no the most abrasive person on this board doesn’t get a pass.
Old 06-20-2020, 07:35 AM   #9
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Yeah sure, but your Potus chose that date and location to hold a rally all his own health experts say is a really bad idea, so no the most abrasive person on this board doesn’t get a pass.

It's OK, all the other Health Experts that said it was OK to gather in massive groups over 2 weeks to protest.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-20-2020, 08:22 AM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
It's OK, all the other Health Experts that said it was OK to gather in massive groups over 2 weeks to protest.
Inside no masks close quarters and outside majority with masks moving about yes. their close but the 2 are not remotely the same

Saw one example Trump rally 18x more likely to transmit covid

The protesters are not wanted by the POTUS or many Americans

But Trump has promoted his rally encouraging no masks by his cabinet's example sign wavers and pass out masks and handsantizer , as a ploy to show responsibility.. mixed messages that's an understatement but the Typical trump supporters its unless Trump says different then its for joy
Old 06-20-2020, 02:09 PM   #11
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Like most liberals you cannot stay focused. I hope you realize that he is also your president dummy.It’s too bad we just can’t celebrate Juneteenth without being political

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-20-2020, 02:46 PM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Like most liberals you cannot stay focused. I hope you realize that he is also your president dummy.It’s too bad we just can’t celebrate Juneteenth without being political
You do realize this is a political forum and just because he is my president, doesn’t mean I don’t support him, my opinion of him is the complete opposite of yours. His choice of the date and location opens him and you by association up to criticism, I guess if you didn’t want that post thread to become political, it should have gone elsewhere.
Old 06-20-2020, 02:54 PM   #13
Sea Dangles

Quote:
You do realize this is a political forum and just because he is my president, doesn’t mean I don’t support him, my opinion of him is the complete opposite of yours. His choice of the date and location opens him and you by association up to criticism, I guess if you didn’t want that post thread to become political, it should have gone elsewhere.
This is a good example of how much liberals hate black people

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-20-2020, 03:11 PM   #14
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
This is a good example of how much liberals hate black people
You really are stretching for something, I don’t even consider myself a liberal and I embrace all people of all colors, but keep reaching.
Old 06-20-2020, 03:17 PM   #15
Sea Dangles

Quote:
You really are stretching for something, I don’t even consider myself a liberal and I embrace all people of all colors, but keep reaching.
Why muddy up a thread about what many blacks consider their Independence Day with partisan banter. Zero respect for dark skin is my guess.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-20-2020, 03:23 PM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Why muddy up a thread about what many blacks consider their Independence Day with partisan banter. Zero respect for dark skin is my guess.
Keep trying, if there is zero respect for the day, it’s the scheduling a rally on that day and at that location. You of course see Trump as never doing anything wrong, your arguments are of course always amusing.

On a side note, anyone signing a Covid-19 waiver in order to attend a rally to hear about how Covid-19 isn’t a big deal anymore, is a special kind of stupid.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 06-20-2020 at 03:41 PM..
Old 06-20-2020, 03:47 PM   #17
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Keep trying, if there is zero respect for the day, it’s the scheduling a rally on that day and at that location. You of course see Trump as never doing anything wrong, your arguments are of course always amusing.

On a side note, anyone signing a Covid-19 waiver in order to attend a rally to hear about how Covid-19 isn’t a big deal anymore, is a special kind of stupid.
I am sure you can start a thread if it upsets you rather than spit in the face of those who show respect. ✊ there will never be equality when fools inject politics for personal gain.
Black lives matter

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-20-2020, 03:58 PM   #18
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I am sure you can start a thread if it upsets you rather than spit in the face of those who show respect. ✊ there will never be equality when fools inject politics for personal gain.
Black lives matter
That’s rich, said the guy who has spit in the face and disrespected almost every person frequenting this board, but wait you don’t even stop there, you throw your vile crap on to family members and beyond. I have zero respect for you or the BS horse you road in on, you posted a thread which by its name and Trumps scheduling opened it up to criticism, pull up your skirt and look hard there might be a set hiding there.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:01 PM   #19
Sea Dangles

This thread was about showing some respect to a race which has been oppressed for hundreds of years and recognizing their independence. Too bad you had to make it about you. Done here with your racism.
👋
Keep on criticizing Juneteenth.
Old 06-20-2020, 05:46 PM   #20
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
This thread was about showing some respect to a race which has been oppressed for hundreds of years and recognizing their independence. Too bad you had to make it about you. Done here with your racism.
👋
Keep on criticizing Juneteenth.
You suggesting your taking the high road is f*cking hilarious, you have lived on the low road for as long as I’ve been posting here. I’m not criticizing Juneteenth, just the best president of our lifetime picking that day and that spot to hold a rally where he will do what he does best, divide and promote exactly what he probably hopes will happen outside.

Good try, but hey I applaud your attempt to make my post something it wasn’t.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:12 PM   #21
Sea Dangles

Quote:
You suggesting your taking the high road is f*cking hilarious, you have lived on the low road for as long as I’ve been posting here. I’m not criticizing Juneteenth, just the best president of our lifetime picking that day and that spot to hold a rally where he will do what he does best, divide and promote exactly what he probably hopes will happen outside.

Good try, but hey I applaud your attempt to make my post something it wasn’t.
So I recognize Juneteenth.
You take that opportunity to make it about OUR President for some reason (TDS).
You refuse to yield nor join me in my tribute.
But I made your post something it wasn’t.🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
I get it.
F the blacks and their holiday
Trump lives in your head and you can’t escape it long enough to show some civility. Nor resist the urge to display your bias.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-20-2020, 06:17 PM   #22
spence

Quit stirring the pot Chris.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:50 PM   #23
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Quit stirring the pot Chris.
When he says Happy Juneteenth
If he doesn’t say it, you know what happens next.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-21-2020, 06:36 AM   #24
scottw

I bought this last year....only example I've seen in 30 some years of doing what I do and the earliest Emancipation item in pottery/porcelain item I've seen....this is the first date of Emancipation following the British Slavery Abolition Act 1833 which began in the British West Indies, interesting to read about because it wasn't full Emancipation till 1838 most continued to work under apprenticeships till 1838...

Juneteenth should be a National holiday
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	47150358_1126556134175360_6768928484958928896_n.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	67197  
Old 06-21-2020, 09:24 AM   #25
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Inside no masks close quarters and outside majority with masks moving about yes. their close but the 2 are not remotely the same

Saw one example Trump rally 18x more likely to transmit covid

The protesters are not wanted by the POTUS or many Americans

But Trump has promoted his rally encouraging no masks by his cabinet's example sign wavers and pass out masks and handsantizer , as a ploy to show responsibility.. mixed messages that's an understatement but the Typical trump supporters its unless Trump says different then its for joy
It is the same. Ten thousand people in a confined space for 4 hours in one session versus a million people over two weeks in multiple sessions in many locations with some distancing and some mask wearing.

One side gets hammered by the press and medical profs and the other side gets hugs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I bought this last year....only example I've seen in 30 some years of doing what I do and the earliest Emancipation item in pottery/porcelain item I've seen....this is the first date of Emancipation following the British Slavery Abolition Act 1833 which began in the British West Indies, interesting to read about because it wasn't full Emancipation till 1838 most continued to work under apprenticeships till 1838...

Juneteenth should be a National holiday
Very interesting.

Also interesting, France and England abolished slavery at different times but still somewhat before the US. But when France and Britain hold their noses at us one must remember they stopped it just before we did and they were responsible for it in the Americas.

England stopped the Slave Trade in the early 1800s but did not abolish it until 1833.

France abolished slavery in 1798?? but Bonaparte restarted and it lasted another 30 years.

England started the West Africa Squadron early 1800s to STOP slave ships from Africa to the Americas (vast majority NOT to the USA) and the US Navy started assisting them a dozen years later.

The USS Constitution was the US Navy's Flagship of a couple Anti- Slavery patrols and captured a Slaver on her last actual tour of Duty as a combatant.

So Western slavery, which existed for over a 1000 years (total 10,000 years??) was being (finally) exhaustively strangled during the 1800s. France and England beat us by a couple decades, the decreed it, we had to go to war to stop it.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-21-2020, 01:31 PM   #26
scottw

Quote:

Very interesting.
a friend of mine has the largest private collection of anti-slavery ceramics in the country...it is fascinating...some of the items are here

http://www.chipstone.org/images.php/...7%E2%80%931865

if you have some time to peruse it's really worth a look
Old 06-21-2020, 03:03 PM   #27
spence

Quote:
It is the same. Ten thousand people in a confined space for 4 hours in one session versus a million people over two weeks in multiple sessions in many locations with some distancing and some mask wearing.

One side gets hammered by the press and medical profs and the other side gets hugs.
On one side you have people protesting for change the country thinks necessary, the other an event organized to stroke a fragile man's ego.

Not quite the same.
Old 06-21-2020, 05:57 PM   #28
Sea Dangles

Which is a better cause for stupidity?
Apples and oranges Jeff
Old 06-21-2020, 06:36 PM   #29
JohnR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
On one side you have people protesting for change the country thinks necessary, the other an event organized to stroke a fragile man's ego.

Not quite the same.

I don't think there should have been a rally, and I don't think there should have been protests that go against what was considered THEN necessary precautions (masks and six feet). I do not condone the violence.

With that said it sounds like, For You, it is OK for the people protesting to conduct their First Amendment right to peacefully assemble but not OK for Trump Supporters First Amendment right to peacefully assemble.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-21-2020, 07:05 PM   #30
Sea Dangles

Quote:
I don't think there should have been a rally, and I don't think there should have been protests that go against what was considered THEN necessary precautions (masks and six feet). I do not condone the violence.

With that said it sounds like, For You, it is OK for the people protesting to conduct their First Amendment right to peacefully assemble but not OK for Trump Supporters First Amendment right to peacefully assemble.
This is a keen observation that any snowflake will dismiss as context

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN