Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-25-2020, 12:29 PM   #31
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
And?? Are they all democrats?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
They are now....
Old 05-26-2020, 04:41 PM   #32
wdmso

RNC Sues California Governor for November Mail-in Ballot Order

Shocking. Do they understand this isnt mandatory mail in voting you can still go to a polling station to vote..

But why should facts matter
Old 05-26-2020, 06:35 PM   #33
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Love the fact that twitter put a fact check button on Trumps latest rant about how voter fraud will be wide spread if mail in voting is allowed, not that any study ever done has proven it is wide spread at all; in fact its very rare unless you are republican.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:06 AM   #34
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Love the fact that twitter put a fact check button on Trumps latest rant about how voter fraud will be wide spread if mail in voting is allowed, not that any study ever done has proven it is wide spread at all; in fact its very rare unless you are republican.
He administration allready saying its a plot by silicon valley Tec companies.

Donald Trump accuses Twitter of 'stifling free speech' with fact-check warning, says platform is interfering in US election
Old 05-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #35
wdmso

POTUS Press secretary uses mail is voting claming the press missed what that means

In a statement emailed after the story published, McEnany said: “Absentee voting has the word absent in it for a reason. It means you’re absent from the jurisdiction or unable to vote in person. President Trump is against the Democrat plan to politicize the coronavirus and expand mass mail-in voting without a reason, which has a high propensity for voter fraud. This is a simple distinction that the media fails to grasp.”

However, Florida does not have absentee voting. Anyone can vote by mail here without a reason. The Times asked McEnany if Florida should change its law to restrict voting by mail to those unable to vote in person.

Guess who lives in Florida,, and she said she never lies
Old 05-29-2020, 06:23 AM   #36
scottw

if pete was my mailman...I definitely wouldn't trust him with my mail-in ballot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	375
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	67144  

Last edited by scottw; 05-29-2020 at 06:51 AM..
Old 05-29-2020, 12:14 PM   #37
Pete F.
Canceled

For decades Republicans have developed sophisticated programs to promote and harvest votes by mail. Across this country there are Republicans who would have lost without it. Now suddenly Tweety decides it's corrupt.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-29-2020, 01:35 PM   #38
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
For decades Republicans have developed sophisticated programs to promote and harvest votes by mail. Across this country there are Republicans who would have lost without it. Now suddenly Tweety decides it's corrupt.
You make it sound corrupt.
Old 06-25-2020, 07:51 PM   #39
scottw

NEW JERSEY NEWS

More Jersey Democrats Caught Committing Voter Fraud with Mail-In-Ballots

By Shore News Network
Posted on June 25, 2020
Old 06-25-2020, 11:27 PM   #40
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
You make it sound corrupt.
Fake news

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-26-2020, 10:00 AM   #41
Pete F.
Canceled

Tweety logic

The number of Americans against me is rising, so I said to my people, slow the voting down please......
Old 06-26-2020, 10:07 AM   #42
detbuch

Quote:
Tweety logic

The number of Americans against me is rising, so I said to my people, slow the voting down please......
That's actually pretty funny, and I can picture Trump saying it in exactly that same way with his Trumpian style. Of course, if he said it, it would no longer be a joke.
Old 06-26-2020, 10:09 AM   #43
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
NEW JERSEY NEWS

More Jersey Democrats Caught Committing Voter Fraud with Mail-In-Ballots

By Shore News Network
Posted on June 25, 2020
no they have been charged .... and if True they should be punished.. they will have their day in court...

Here we go finding a needle and presenting it see ,,, look at the massive fraud..

its like the Guy who catches a cod fish while haddock fishing to then proclaiming that Cod fish have recovered .. cuz he caught One
Old 06-26-2020, 11:28 AM   #44
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
no they have been charged .... and if True they should be punished.. they will have their day in court...

Here we go finding a needle and presenting it see ,,, look at the massive fraud..

its like the Guy who catches a cod fish while haddock fishing to then proclaiming that Cod fish have recovered .. cuz he caught One
easily triggered...
Old 06-26-2020, 12:57 PM   #45
Pete F.
Canceled

AG Barr: “I think there's a range of concerns about mail-in ballots. ...But but one of the things I mentioned was the possibility of counterfeiting.”

NPR: “Did you have evidence to raise that specific concern?”

Barr: “No, it's obvious. It's obvious that it can be done”

Since 5 states have been doing it for a number of years it should be pretty easy to find evidence of fraud in any substantial quantity and Kobach's commission didn't find any either.

But in the end demonizing voting by mail will likely hurt the Reds more than the Blues, solely because of demographics.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-26-2020, 01:38 PM   #46
detbuch

Quote:
AG Barr: “I think there's a range of concerns about mail-in ballots. ...But but one of the things I mentioned was the possibility of counterfeiting.”

NPR: “Did you have evidence to raise that specific concern?”

Barr: “No, it's obvious. It's obvious that it can be done”

Since 5 states have been doing it for a number of years it should be pretty easy to find evidence of fraud in any substantial quantity and Kobach's commission didn't find any either.

But in the end demonizing voting by mail will likely hurt the Reds more than the Blues, solely because of demographics.
Barr said counterfeiting mail in ballots was one of a range of concerns. The ability to counterfeit a ballot is not so far out of possibility as in how ballots have been counterfeited in other ways where the vote was not in person at the polling station.

As you said in post #37 "For decades Republicans have developed sophisticated programs to promote and harvest votes by mail." And there is this comment on harvesting votes by mail in The Federalist: "With ballot-harvesting, paper votes are collected by intermediaries who deliver them to polling officials, presumably increasing voter turnout but also creating opportunities for mischief." Also, in that article there was this "evidence":

In Florida, a Palm Beach Post investigation into numerous 2016 primary races uncovered significant evidence of voter fraud by Democratic candidates, who pushed back on any criticism by claiming racial discrimination.

Three Democratic candidates, County Commissioner Mack Bernard, state Rep. Al Jacquet, and a candidate for state Senate, Bobby Powell, all ordered mail ballots on behalf of constituents, in many cases without those constituents’ knowledge. Then, they either filled out the ballots for them or had them fill out the ballots while the candidates were present in their homes. All three candidates won on the strength of massive margins in absentee votes.

One Boynton Beach couple told the Post that Bernard just showed up at their door one day in August. Joseph Cerfius, a blind Haitian man, said he didn’t even know who Bernard was, or that he was a candidate for office. But Bernard produced a ballot, filled it out on Cerfius’s behalf, then actually signed Cerfius’s name.

“I couldn’t sign because I can’t see,” Cerfius said. “I gave him my voting card number. That’s all I did. He wrote my name.”

It is not unreasonable to see how mail in ballots could be counterfeited in a similar way by those who receive the mailed ballots either by personal pickup as above, or by those who receive them at the polling stations.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-26-2020 at 02:01 PM..
Old 06-26-2020, 03:05 PM   #47
scottw

you can't put anything past the democrats or assume there is anything they won't do...they are encouraging lawlessness and mayhem right now...it's pretty shameful
Old 06-26-2020, 03:18 PM   #48
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Barr said counterfeiting mail in ballots was one of a range of concerns. The ability to counterfeit a ballot is not so far out of possibility as in how ballots have been counterfeited in other ways where the vote was not in person at the polling station.

As you said in post #37 "For decades Republicans have developed sophisticated programs to promote and harvest votes by mail." And there is this comment on harvesting votes by mail in The Federalist: "With ballot-harvesting, paper votes are collected by intermediaries who deliver them to polling officials, presumably increasing voter turnout but also creating opportunities for mischief." Also, in that article there was this "evidence":

In Florida, a Palm Beach Post investigation into numerous 2016 primary races uncovered significant evidence of voter fraud by Democratic candidates, who pushed back on any criticism by claiming racial discrimination.

Three Democratic candidates, County Commissioner Mack Bernard, state Rep. Al Jacquet, and a candidate for state Senate, Bobby Powell, all ordered mail ballots on behalf of constituents, in many cases without those constituents’ knowledge. Then, they either filled out the ballots for them or had them fill out the ballots while the candidates were present in their homes. All three candidates won on the strength of massive margins in absentee votes.

One Boynton Beach couple told the Post that Bernard just showed up at their door one day in August. Joseph Cerfius, a blind Haitian man, said he didn’t even know who Bernard was, or that he was a candidate for office. But Bernard produced a ballot, filled it out on Cerfius’s behalf, then actually signed Cerfius’s name.

“I couldn’t sign because I can’t see,” Cerfius said. “I gave him my voting card number. That’s all I did. He wrote my name.”

It is not unreasonable to see how mail in ballots could be counterfeited in a similar way by those who receive the mailed ballots either by personal pickup as above, or by those who receive them at the polling stations.
Oddly enough they are not in jail, are they?

It's also odd that Barr has no issue making claims in public with no evidence other than hearsay.
Quite the political presentation for an Attorney General, but it's not about the rule of law in this administration.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-26-2020, 03:19 PM   #49
zimmy

Looks like he can't win if it is allowed, so try to suppress it and if he can't suppress it he has an excuse for losing. See "millions of illegals voted."
Old 06-26-2020, 03:34 PM   #50
Sea Dangles

I am sure you must be correct. But we will wait and see what happens. PerhapsBiden will shatter the snowflake glass ceiling. Again
Old 06-26-2020, 04:14 PM   #51
RickBomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I am sure you must be correct. But we will wait and see what happens. PerhapsBiden will shatter the snowflake glass ceiling. Again
I really can’t believe somebody with a half-million dollar boat talks like this.

Nice work, if you can get it, guess?

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
Old 06-26-2020, 04:50 PM   #52
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
I really can’t believe somebody with a half-million dollar boat talks like this.

He didn't buy it, only pays for the gas.
Old 06-26-2020, 05:29 PM   #53
Sea Dangles

Straight cash homie
Old 06-26-2020, 05:32 PM   #54
Sea Dangles

Quote:

Don’t take it personally Rickman. Life is all about the journey so enjoy every moment.❤️

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-26-2020, 05:40 PM   #55
Nebe

Quote:

Marry well and you might get one too
Old 06-26-2020, 05:46 PM   #56
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Wait his wife bought it?
Old 06-26-2020, 07:21 PM   #57
Sea Dangles

The personal attacks are taking their toll.
Oh,the humanity!!!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-26-2020, 07:22 PM   #58
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
#sailboatsmatter

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-26-2020, 07:31 PM   #59
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Wait his wife bought it?
This is speculation based on jealousy but I will pacify....

I met my wife when she was 19 and she was obviously swept off her feet.
After 6 years of dating she finally asked me to marry her.
She comes from a typical background,in other words not wealthy.
Nobody I know has worked as hard for their success as she.
The American Dream is alive and well for those with brains and big tits.
36 years later we are still in love
The end

Last edited by Sea Dangles; 06-26-2020 at 08:36 PM.. Reason: Being nice to Ricky

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 06-26-2020, 07:36 PM   #60
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
He didn't buy it, only pays for the gas.
This is presented as evidence but as usual nowhere close to being accurate.
I love the attention regardless

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN