Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 08-14-2007, 06:49 AM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

No more plumbers crack

MANSFIELD — “Pull ‘em up or pay up.”

That’s Police Chief Don English’s interpretation of a new law that takes effect in Mansfield on Sept. 15

Anyone caught wearing sagging pants who exposes his or her underwear will be subject to a fine of up to $150 plus court costs, or face up to 15 days in jail.

Mansfield aldermen voted unanimously at today’s 4:30 p.m. meeting to enact the new law.

The law makes it illegal to found in a “state of nudity, or partial nudity, or in any indecent exposure of his or her person or undergarments, or be guilty of any indecent or lewd behavior.”

City attorney Richard Z. Johnson Jr. said he used a similar law in Delcambre as a guideline in creating Mansfield’s ordinance. Several municipalities and parish governments in Louisiana have enacted similar laws in recent months.
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 06:52 AM   #2
spence

That's just stupid. I'd love to see someone argue that exposing a bit of boxer short is lewd, when walking around without a shirt isn't.

Borderline racist if you ask me.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 07:19 AM   #3
stripersnipr

Racist, no. Dumb waste of taxpayers money, yes.

The beatings will continue until morale improves
stripersnipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Bet you'll never see a law like that in New Orleans.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:03 AM   #5
stripersnipr

What if the exposed "undies" are actually gym shorts? Still lewd?

Old 08-14-2007, 08:09 AM   #6
Saltheart

With all the problem out there , they will use police resources to regulate how you wear your pants?

i can just see it at this chiefs retirement party.

"he served the city well for many years. his biggest accomplishment was enacting the butt crack law which saved our city's citizens from seeing unsitely cracks."
footnote...violent crime rose 38% during his tenure do to lack of available officers for rape and assault crimes who were tied up on the more important butt crack issues.

hats off to the Chief ! .........Ut Oh , Sorry , keep your hats on , new law coming out next week against exposing bald spots.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart
Saltheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 08:49 AM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

They created this law because of all the nitwit kids that walk around with their pants hanging 3/4 of the way down their A$$.....what they really need to do is pass a law which makes it Legal to walk up to these same idiots and Biatch-Slap them upside the head and tell them they look like friggin morons and to pull up there friggin pants.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:14 AM   #8
EarnedStripes44

Dumb waste of money and effort. On the other hand, I don't complain if it some hotties spaghetti string thong or g-string. I love those low rise jeans those broads wear.
EarnedStripes44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #9
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
They created this law because of all the nitwit kids that walk around with their pants hanging 3/4 of the way down their A$$.....what they really need to do is pass a law which makes it Legal to walk up to these same idiots and Biatch-Slap them upside the head and tell them they look like friggin morons and to pull up there friggin pants.
Thanks for saying what I was thinking. This look started in Harlem in the 60's because poor inner city kids had to wear clothes handed down from their older siblings. It became popular in the 90's when hip hop stars started doing it to show how they were "keepin' it real". Hip hop artists set trends in the inner cities, then all the white kids from the suburbs want to show how "ghetto" they are so they start doing it. It's ridiculous that anyone thinks this "look" is cool or makes them more attractive to the opposite sex. This all started because people couldn't afford to buy clothes for all of their kids, so they had no choice but to wear clothes that didn't fit. The only good thing about this look is that it makes it harder for these idiots to run from the cops. And Spence, this is not racial profiling because it is directed at the white who dress like this as well. Also, I understand that most of these kids dressing like this are probably good, law abiding kids. But, they look like criminals, and that's what people are going to think they are without getting to know them. I guess I'm just a little old fashioned, but my son will not be allowed to dress like this when he's old enough to pick out his own clothes. To me, it just makes kids look like thugs.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:59 AM   #10
MakoMike

what are they going to do about al the braods that run around in tank tops with their bra straps showing?

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:04 AM   #11
striperman36
Old Guy

No this is not MANSFIELD MA
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:11 AM   #12
Gloucester2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakoMike View Post
what are they going to do about al the braods that run around in tank tops with their bra straps showing?

Hopefully, nothing
Gloucester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 10:21 AM   #13
fishbones

Quote:
If they want to arrest them and lock'em up, I will volunteer my time to do the frisking.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:01 AM   #14
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Ditto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloucester2 View Post
Hopefully, nothing
Yah and those hip hugging denims that dont stretch when they bend over exposing those g strings they call undies. Urr whats wrong with that crack?

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:28 AM   #15
MakoMike

What if she is a plumber?

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:45 AM   #16
2boxers

That is so dumb, make more laws for things that we dont need laws for. what a wast of time and money

Last edited by 2boxers; 08-14-2007 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: because im slo today

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

"The cure for everything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea" Isak Dinesen
2boxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 12:40 PM   #17
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boxers View Post
That is so dumb, typical MA move make more laws for things that we dont need laws for. what a wast of time and money
Uh, we don't have aldermen in Mass.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:11 PM   #18
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
I think here in Mass we would be far more likely to encourage "diverse" attire.

Old 08-14-2007, 01:12 PM   #19
EarnedStripes44

Thanks for saying what I was thinking. This look started in Harlem in the 60's because poor inner city kids had to wear clothes handed down from their older siblings. It became popular in the 90's when hip hop stars started doing it to show how they were "keepin' it real". Hip hop artists set trends in the inner cities, then all the white kids from the suburbs want to show how "ghetto" they are so they start doing it. It's ridiculous that anyone thinks this "look" is cool or makes them more attractive to the opposite sex. This all started because people couldn't afford to buy clothes for all of their kids, so they had no choice but to wear clothes that didn't fit. The only good thing about this look is that it makes it harder for these idiots to run from the cops. And Spence, this is not racial profiling because it is directed at the white who dress like this as well. Also, I understand that most of these kids dressing like this are probably good, law abiding kids. But, they look like criminals, and that's what people are going to think they are without getting to know them. I guess I'm just a little old fashioned, but my son will not be allowed to dress like this when he's old enough to pick out his own clothes. To me, it just makes kids look like thugs.

Somebody said that look started in Harlem. That look started in prison. That's right folks, america's imprisoned populace started that trend. They are not permitted belts behind bars, and they don't exactly fit inmates for prison rags, its more like give and go. It spilled over into the urban ghetto where those most likely to be locked up resided. The same goes for oversize white T shirts we commonly see as well. That's how it broke into pop culture gentlemen.
EarnedStripes44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 01:35 PM   #20
2boxers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
oops my reading comprehension is a bit slow today

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

"The cure for everything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea" Isak Dinesen
2boxers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 03:05 PM   #21
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 View Post

Somebody said that look started in Harlem. That look started in prison. That's right folks, america's imprisoned populace started that trend. They are not permitted belts behind bars, and they don't exactly fit inmates for prison rags, its more like give and go. It spilled over into the urban ghetto where those most likely to be locked up resided. The same goes for oversize white T shirts we commonly see as well. That's how it broke into pop culture gentlemen.
There is a rumor that the look started in the 80's in prisons, but it was around way before that in Harlem and also in the Hispanic neighborhoods in L.A. Tough guys think that it's cooler to look like an inmate than to look like a poor person. It's all about the "I'm really, really tough" image they thing they are portraying. As far as prisons, they do take your belt so you cannot use it to kill yourself. But, they have different size pants and most inmates wear them to fit at the waist. Prisoners who wear their pants baggy and low are letting others know that that area is open for business, so to speak. It is strictly a homosexual invitation if they wear loose pants, and the prison administrators usually try to prevent that. If you have ever been to a large prison, you will see that prisoners have pants and shirts that fit. This is another way to try to keep everyone looking alike in those places. Remember that everything you see on t.v. is not always accurate.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:04 PM   #22
tattoobob
Soggy Bottom Boy

What do Plumbers have to do with this, Don't group us all in one
I for one never show ass crack when at work, out back at the pool
well that's a different story

Surfcasting Full Throttle

Don't judge me Monkey

Recreational Surfcaster 99.9% C&R
tattoobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #23
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

HAHA!!!
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 09:50 PM   #24
teaser
Wave Jumper

Quote:
Hopefully ... make them take them off! Any votes out there for this to be passed into law?

Insanity is a long and winding road ... I think I finally made it there.
teaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:46 AM   #25
"uffah!!"

Clammer better stay out of Mansfield!! They would make a bundle on him!!!

"Non temere mai Roma, il serpente rimane attorcigliato a Napoli!"
"Baci Mio Culo"
"uffah!!" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:15 AM   #26
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Im glad its not Mansfield MA, I walk outside to my car in my undewear all the time,,,,,,,,,

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #27
striperman36
Old Guy

I thought I saw that in the police log.
Sasquatch reported in East Mansfield, with briefs
Dogs howling.
striperman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #28
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish