Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 09-09-2010, 06:03 AM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Spend Baby SPEND 2

CNSNews.com - Obama Added More to National Debt in First 19 Months Than All Presidents from Washington Through Reagan Combined, Says Gov?t Data

: smash:
Old 09-09-2010, 06:42 AM   #2
Raven

180 billion yesterday alone......

Hillary finally said something Brilliant yesterday

that the national debt has become

a threat to national security

um DUH......... have ya been feelin us.... HC

cuz we real people have known that for awhile
before the Government screwed up the Business incentives
So badly ..........that we are now owned by CHINA
Old 09-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post

cuz we real people have known that for awhile
Wow, glad she told us , cuz weez American people are sooz
stupid we neva woulda known.

Tell us something we don't know.

Hillary in 2012?

" Choose Life "
Old 09-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #4
Bronko

Its all they know how to do. Spend and spend until there is none left. Tax the people to the point of revolt and spend some more.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Old 09-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #5
ecduzitgood
time to go

I can't believe we can't even make a rotor (disc for disc brakes which is heavy) for my 1997 Ford Explorer cheaper than China when they have the added cost of shipping $48each. I think what is happening is they will loose money making and selling products knowing no one can compete. Then when all the competition has closed their doors and lost the ability and equipment necessary to produce said products they will be the only source. Which then they will raise prices and start making a profit, and because the cost of developing the machines/technology will prohibit anyone else from producing the product. They think in terms of generations, meaning suffer now and the future generations will rule the world.
We have to wake up and stop them from stealing our technology and make it tougher for them to undersell American companies which make products here before we no longer make anything here. I will be bringing the rotors back tomorrow not just because it's made in China but because after I removed the tires and inspected the brakes I found the noise is coming from the trans axle
Old 09-11-2010, 06:10 AM   #6
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
I can't believe we can't even make a rotor (disc for disc brakes which is heavy) for my 1997 Ford Explorer cheaper than China when they have the added cost of shipping $48each. I think what is happening is they will loose money making and selling products knowing no one can compete. Then when all the competition has closed their doors and lost the ability and equipment necessary to produce said products they will be the only source. Which then they will raise prices and start making a profit, and because the cost of developing the machines/technology will prohibit anyone else from producing the product. They think in terms of generations, meaning suffer now and the future generations will rule the world.
We have to wake up and stop them from stealing our technology and make it tougher for them to undersell American companies which make products here before we no longer make anything here. I will be bringing the rotors back tomorrow not just because it's made in China but because after I removed the tires and inspected the brakes I found the noise is coming from the trans axle
We send our scrap steel over there. With the EPA and others, it's much cheaper. It's the Feds that make it a no brainer.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:40 AM   #7
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
We send our scrap steel over there. With the EPA and others, it's much cheaper. It's the Feds that make it a no brainer.
that's the bottom line, someone's trash is their treasure, turn it around and sell it to you again
Old 09-11-2010, 08:55 AM   #8
spence

Quote:
The flip side is you can actually drink your water without worry.

-spence
Old 09-11-2010, 09:08 AM   #9
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The flip side is you can actually drink your water without worry.

-spence

Since when?
Old 09-11-2010, 09:19 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
Since when?
Well, unless you live next to a paper factory.

-spence