Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-16-2018, 04:41 PM   #31
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I guess the right has nothing to say
It’s a gaffe, I’m more concerned with the new lawsuit that they used his charity as a slush fund including absuing veteran donations.

This on top of the 20 other scandals plaguing them.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-16-2018, 04:58 PM   #32
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It’s a gaffe, I’m more concerned with the new lawsuit that they used his charity as a slush fund including absuing veteran donations.

This on top of the 20 other scandals plaguing them.
But her emails......
Old 06-16-2018, 05:22 PM   #33
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
But her emails......
How about we talk about the 2000 children sepearated from their parents at the border in the past few months? I’m sure Jim can tell us what the good book would say.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #34
Sea Dangles

I am pretty sure they are just Mexicans Jeff.
Old 06-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #35
Jim in CT

Quote:
How about we talk about the 2000 children sepearated from their parents at the border in the past few months? I’m sure Jim can tell us what the good book would say.
In all seriousness, why are the kids getting separated? Are the parents also not breaking the law?

I don't like it, but I have zero problem kicking out people who aren't supposed to be here, and I notice that you din't cry about Obama's deportations, of which there were many.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:36 PM   #36
detbuch

[QUOTE=spence;1144701]How about we talk about the 2000 children sepearated from their parents at the border in the past few months?

When American citizens are placed in detention, they are separated from their children. Should their children stay with them while they are in prison or being held for trial?

It might be a strong deterrent for you if you know that you will be separated from your children if you illegally cross the border.

I'm sure the children are well taken care of.

I’m sure Jim can tell us what the good book would say.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/QUOTE

The Good Book says in the Tenth Commandment "Let not your desire be turned to your neighbor's house . . . or anything which is his."
Old 06-17-2018, 04:16 AM   #37
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
In all seriousness, why are the kids getting separated?
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...ids-at-border/
Old 06-17-2018, 04:17 AM   #38
scottw

[QUOTE=wdmso;1144694]
Quote:
Originally Posted by /QUOTE

Seems you have closed your eyes to information any facts and have gone over to tin foil hat
oh yeah...I forgot the IRS too...

I think "tin foil hat" has already been used three or four times this week...

Last edited by scottw; 06-17-2018 at 05:02 AM..
Old 06-17-2018, 04:18 AM   #39
scottw

Quote:
I guess the right has nothing to say
photoshop that yourself?
Old 06-17-2018, 05:10 AM   #40
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

Again, maybe not criminal, but certainly warrants the continuation of the investigation, whatever Gulliani wants to say.
better do something soon....

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...mp-poll-643491
Old 06-17-2018, 05:37 AM   #41
scottw

fun to watch old video clips of high ranking democrats and their views an immigration back when they differentiated between legal and illegal immigration....SAY WHAT!!!

https://youtu.be/728SW65tlU0?t=199

Last edited by scottw; 06-17-2018 at 05:42 AM..
Old 06-17-2018, 06:38 AM   #42
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Ahh. So in spenceworld, murderers who have little kids, should not have to go to prison, because its bad to separate kids from parents.

I don’t like the separation, and 100% of the blame lies with the parents.
Old 06-17-2018, 06:52 AM   #43
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Ahh. So in spenceworld, murderers who have little kids, should not have to go to prison, because its bad to separate kids from parents.

Trump says it’s the Democrats fault
This administration has made the choice to charge all people who cross the border criminally rather than civilly.
This is America and we incarcerate a higher percentage of people than anybody else by far.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-17-2018, 07:45 AM   #44
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
This is America and we incarcerate a higher percentage of people than anybody else by far.
....are you saying those incarcerated didn't earn it?
Old 06-17-2018, 07:56 AM   #45
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Sad for the children no doubt and the blame clearly is with the parents and the Mexican government. People fleeing abusive husbands, fear of death from gang violence and maybe a desire for the American dream; where is the support for those people in their own government? That is the real story hear, there wouldn't be a flood of people coming across if their own government and society was a decent environment to raise their own children and enjoy a safe productive life. There are people in the US with the same fears and they are making a run with children in tow to the Mexican border. Unfortunately the children are pawns in a very bad game of chess and nobody comes out the winner in this one.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:03 AM   #46
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Sad for the children no doubt and the blame clearly is with the parents and the Mexican government. People fleeing abusive husbands, fear of death from gang violence and maybe a desire for the American dream; where is the support for those people in their own government? That is the real story hear, there wouldn't be a flood of people coming across if their own government and society was a decent environment to raise their own children and enjoy a safe productive life. There are people in the US with the same fears and they are making a run with children in tow to the Mexican border. Unfortunately the children are pawns in a very bad game of chess and nobody comes out the winner in this one.
You know who is winning? The people who own the private prisons that are housing all those kids. Connect the dots to the prisons investors and their ties to people who are in the government and I’m sure it all makes sense. But on the surface, this is wonderful news to the blue collar trump fan who would call those like us who care about what is right and wrong about how to respect a family a snowflake and tell us to go hide in our safe space.
Old 06-17-2018, 08:26 AM   #47
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
The people who own the private prisons that are housing all those kids.
wait...all those kids are being sent to prisons?
Old 06-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #48
spence

Quote:
In all seriousness, why are the kids getting separated? Are the parents also not breaking the law?

I don't like it, but I have zero problem kicking out people who aren't supposed to be here, and I notice that you din't cry about Obama's deportations, of which there were many.
The spike in separations is largely an attempt to gain leverage over democrats...

As for Obama, he was aggressively prioritizing criminals...nothing wrong with that.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:39 AM   #49
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
It might be a strong deterrent for you if you know that you will be separated from your children if you illegally cross the border.

I'm sure the children are well taken care of.
Yea, blame the women trying to seek asylum because the alternative is gang rape and murder.

As for the kids, many are just toddlers. There’s no scenario where taking them from a parent can be considered being well taken care of unless there’s danger to the child.
Old 06-17-2018, 09:43 AM   #50
spence

Quote:
Has said no one ever.

Quote:
I hope you’re going to church this morning Jim.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:32 PM   #51
Jim in CT

Quote:
Has said no one ever.

I hope you’re going to church this morning Jim.
You bet I did. I get why people want what’s best for their
Kids. But not everyone who might want to come here, can come. There are limits.
Old 06-17-2018, 01:51 PM   #52
wdmso

Under federal law, it is a crime for anyone to enter into the US without the approval of an immigration officer -- it's a misdemeanor offense But again comparing Inmates and separating them from their children is just another False equivalence the right love to use to justify an action

they even brought the bible in to the argument

I would cite you to the Apostle Paul and his clear and wise command in Romans 13 to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained them for the purpose of order,” said Sessions

Saw this comment on line

I wish the pro-life community would get as upset with ripping a child from his mother's arms as the community does over ripping a child from his mother's womb. The illegal act should not be met with the evil act of separating a child from his parents

If this is supposed to be a deterrent, perhaps the government should just kill the kids. After all, if taking children from parents is a deterrent, surely killing the children will be even more of a deterrent. At this point we're just arguing about degrees of evil and monstrous acts.
Old 06-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #53
detbuch

Quote:
Yea, blame the women trying to seek asylum because the alternative is gang rape and murder.

Are you responding to the right person? What did I blame the women of?

As for the kids, many are just toddlers. There’s no scenario where taking them from a parent can be considered being well taken care of unless there’s danger to the child.
Is there danger to the child by taking it illegally through hundreds of miles including many areas that are loaded with rapists and murderers and across two borders in order to, hopefully, arrive to an uncertain fate? Do you actually believe that is safer for the child than being in the custody of some legal child service agency or relative other than the parent until the situation can quickly be resolved?

And why do you keep asking Jim stuff such as going to church or what the Good Book says? Do you give a rat's azz about church or the Good Book? That's a pitiful, disgusting technique plied by leftists and the Muslim Brotherhood in order to use someone's beliefs or laws against them when you don't care about those beliefs except to use them as a weapon. And it's really pitiful when you don't even understand those beliefs well enough to do that.

wdmso doesn't approve of bringing the Bible into the argument. Maybe he should chastise you as he did the "right" for doing so. Naah. It's only bad for him, I guess, if the "right" does it.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-17-2018 at 07:13 PM..
Old 06-17-2018, 07:19 PM   #54
detbuch

Quote:
I agree totally with what you say here--including the other Latin American governments from where the illegals come.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:09 AM   #55
Jim in CT

Quote:
I wish the pro-life community would get as upset with ripping a child from his mother's arms as the community does over ripping a child from his mother's womb. The illegal act should not be met with the evil act of separating a child from his parents

Oh give me an effing break. You're going to say with a straight face, that there is any equivalence whatsoever, between (1) temporary separating children from parents so the parents can be processed through the criminal justice system (and providing basic care for the kids during that time), and (2) slaughtering an unborn baby who by definition, hasn't done anything wrong?

And where was the moral outrage over this, from 2009 - 2016? Is this something Trump invented, or was this taking place when the Nobel Peace Prize winner was POTUS?
Old 06-18-2018, 07:10 AM   #56
Jim in CT

Quote:
^

Best post on the topic.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:25 AM   #57
Jim in CT

Here is a photo from 2014. Is this Trump's fault? The Associated Press published this photo at the time, and no one cared. And the guy who was POTUS at the time, was probably polishing his Nobel Peace Prize when this photo was taken.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	immigrants.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	65340  
Old 06-18-2018, 07:37 AM   #58
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Here is a photo from 2014. Is this Trump's fault? The Associated Press published this photo at the time, and no one cared. And the guy who was POTUS at the time, was probably polishing his Nobel Peace Prize when this photo was taken.
Jim,
That is a picture of a place they put unaccompanied minors upon arrival. Not the same thing.
Just another but............ to justify the current actions.
Of course it is the american way, lock them up, that will show them.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-18-2018, 07:48 AM   #59
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
The spike in separations is largely an attempt to gain leverage over democrats...

As for Obama, he was aggressively prioritizing criminals...nothing wrong with that.
I did not hear many people screaming when Obama did it.

If I did something that had me go to jail, I would be separated from my children, even when they were young.

These people came in through back door, not front door. Hardly fair to those that waited in line and went through legal means.

This is a great political wedge issue - only ones that benefit are the politicians and talking heads.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 06-18-2018, 07:56 AM   #60
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
I did not hear many people screaming when Obama did it.

If I did something that had me go to jail, I would be separated from my children, even when they were young.

These people came in through back door, not front door. Hardly fair to those that waited in line and went through legal means.

This is a great political wedge issue - only ones that benefit are the politicians and talking heads.
"I did not hear many people screaming when Obama did it."

You bet you didn't.

"If I did something that had me go to jail, I would be separated from my children, even when they were young"

Obviously. Happens every single day.

"These people came in through back door, not front door. Hardly fair to those that waited in line and went through legal means."

I have a friend who was here legally on a student visa, he wanted to stay, but got sent back to Albania when his visa ran out, took him almost 3 years to come back. What on Gods name do you say to him (he had to wait 3 years in a godforsaken sh*thole), when we advocate letting others jump the line? What message does that send?

"This is a great political wedge issue "

That remains to be seen. The left keeps swinging, Trump keeps dodging.