Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-22-2019, 12:16 PM   #1
Jim in CT

They weren't Christians, they were Easter Worshippers

When Muslims were slaughtered in New Zealand, both Obama and Hilary were very specific to say they were sorry for what happened to Muslims. They identified the victims as "Muslims", and they were correct to do so.

On Easter, when hundreds of Christians were killed in Sri Lanka, neither Obama nor Hilary used the word "Christians". The victims were identified as "Easter worshippers".

Can't figure out how Hilary lost, that's a real head-scratcher. Why is it offensive to say the word "Christians?"

That's some pollitical ideology you got there, when the word "Christian" is as distasteful as the saying the name Voldemort.

If only there was a single word to describe people who worship at Easter, to celebrate Christs' rising from the dead?

I. for one, still can't figure out how Hilary lost, it's a real head-scratcher.

Those deplorable Easter-worshippers...a bunch of bitter clingers, too...
Old 04-22-2019, 01:38 PM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
When Muslims were slaughtered in New Zealand, both Obama and Hilary were very specific to say they were sorry for what happened to Muslims. They identified the victims as "Muslims", and they were correct to do so.

On Easter, when hundreds of Christians were killed in Sri Lanka, neither Obama nor Hilary used the word "Christians". The victims were identified as "Easter worshippers".

Can't figure out how Hilary lost, that's a real head-scratcher. Why is it offensive to say the word "Christians?"

That's some pollitical ideology you got there, when the word "Christian" is as distasteful as the saying the name Voldemort.

If only there was a single word to describe people who worship at Easter, to celebrate Christs' rising from the dead?

and trump said 138 million were killed ( thats a i dont care mistake not a typo) and no mention of christian? or did you miss that as well ? and when you say Easter people understand easter is attached to christianity like ramadan is attached to muslims.. did you know there are 33,000 christian Denominations"? should they all be mentioned by name

Heartfelt condolences from the people of the United States to the people of Sri Lanka on the horrible terrorist attacks on churches and hotels that have killed at least 138 million people and badly injured 600 more,” Trump tweeted. “We stand ready to help!”

Last edited by wdmso; 04-22-2019 at 01:48 PM..
Old 04-22-2019, 01:51 PM   #3
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Again, you are so blinded by TDS that you miss the point.

Yes Trump didn't use the word Christians per se, but the others actually replaced the word "Christians" with the words "Easter Worshippers". Is it really too hard for them to say Christian.

Trump made a mistake and rectified it, not a big deal. And before you start with the "Typical Trump Base BS", I didn't get all worked up over Obama's "57 states" comment either because I can recognize an honest mistake when I see one.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-22-2019, 02:23 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
and trump said 138 million were killed ( thats a i dont care mistake not a typo) and no mention of christian? or did you miss that as well ? and when you say Easter people understand easter is attached to christianity like ramadan is attached to muslims.. did you know there are 33,000 christian Denominations"? should they all be mentioned by name

Heartfelt condolences from the people of the United States to the people of Sri Lanka on the horrible terrorist attacks on churches and hotels that have killed at least 138 million people and badly injured 600 more,” Trump tweeted. “We stand ready to help!”
so instead of simply admitting that it’s offensive to Hilary/obama to bend over backwards to avoid calling them christians, you reflexively ( and it is literally a reflex for you) point to something unethical Trump did. TDS is strong in you.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-22-2019, 02:26 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Yes Trump didn't use the word Christians per se, but the others actually replaced the word "Christians" with the words "Easter Worshippers". Is it really too hard for them to say Christian.
Perhaps they just wanted to highlight that it was Easter?
Old 04-22-2019, 02:29 PM   #6
Jim in CT

Quote:
Is it really too hard for them to say Christian.

Not that it’s too hard, more that there’s no political payoff, no firing up the base, by sympathizing with christians. because only those anointed by the left with “victim “ status, deserve sympathy, because that’s the only kind of liberal snowflake sympathy, which makes liberals feel morally superior to everyone else.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:30 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
or perhaps they are really, truly, azzholes.

they could have said “some people
did something”.
Old 04-22-2019, 02:45 PM   #8
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Do they often use the term "Ramadan Worshippers"?

Old 04-22-2019, 02:55 PM   #9
Jim in CT

spence, when your political
ideology is, literally, so f*cked up, that they can’t admit what actually happened unless it’s politically beneficial, isn’t it time for a new ideology?
Old 04-22-2019, 02:56 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
now imagine, if Trump had referred to those victims as “Kiwis who arent exactly enthralled with the concept of Easter.”
Old 04-22-2019, 03:31 PM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Again, you are so blinded by TDS that you miss the point.

Trump made a mistake and rectified it, not a big deal. And before you start with the "Typical Trump Base BS", I didn't get all worked up over Obama's "57 states" comment either because I can recognize an honest mistake when I see one.

Wow Trump doesn't mention Christians or use the word at all .. but using Easter Worshippers" is somehow worse .. Talk about a leap

Trump made an Honest mistake ... (I am sure he didn't think millions had died honest mistake nope ) when was the last time you spelled Millions when you ment Hundreds even autocorrect can't make that jump ... it was mistake all right a not giving a F---k mistake
Old 04-22-2019, 03:35 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
so instead of simply admitting that it’s offensive to Hilary/obama to bend over backwards to avoid calling them christians, you reflexively ( and it is literally a reflex for you) point to something unethical Trump did. TDS is strong in you.
funny you could have put all three in your outrage post and i would have seen your point

But you conveniently left him out

And because I called you on it.. I am the one with TDS clearly you have no mirrors in your house

Also several hotels were targeted not just churches.

Last edited by wdmso; 04-22-2019 at 04:39 PM..
Old 04-22-2019, 04:56 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
funny you could have put all three in your outrage post and i would have seen your point

But you conveniently left him out

And because I called you on it.. I am the one with TDS clearly you have no mirrors in your house

Also several hotels were targeted not just churches.
whatever trump said, i’m not concerned that he’s biased against christians. no christian has any such concern. he rejects all religions equally.

obama routinely trampled on the rights of christians, he was successfully sued multiple
times ( hobby lobby, little sisters if the poor).. there’s zero evidence trump is an anti christian bigot. so there’s no hypocrisy i’m sorry to say.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:50 PM   #14
spence

Quote:
spence, when your political
ideology is, literally, so f*cked up, that they can’t admit what actually happened unless it’s politically beneficial, isn’t it time for a new ideology?
You’ve gotten to such a level of crazy I don’t even know how to respond to these posts.
Old 04-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #15
Jim in CT

Quote:
You’ve gotten to such a level of crazy I don’t even know how to respond to these posts.
yes . Your side can’t say that christians were targets of terror, they are literally incapable of saying it. but when i point out how stupid that is, I’m the crazy one.

i know you don’t know how to respond. because there’s no easy way for you to paint it as

liberal=good
conservative=bad
Old 04-22-2019, 06:24 PM   #16
spence

Quote:
yes . Your side can’t say that christians were targets of terror, they are literally incapable of saying it. but when i point out how stupid that is, I’m the crazy one.

i know you don’t know how to respond. because there’s no easy way for you to paint it as

liberal=good
conservative=bad
Last time I checked people who worship at Easter are generally Christians, you’re just falling for the same old birther smears.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:04 PM   #17
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:

I just read the official press release from the White House.... didn’t see the word Christian there either, just ‘precious lives on this Easter Sunday’.... they easily could have said Christians in that statement had they desired.

https://publicpool.kinja.com/subject...ary-1834198284

For what it’s worth I identify as somewhere between agnostic or atheist... if I had been in a church for a service because my catholic wife wanted to take the kids, I wouldn’t really be a Christian.... just saying....

Oh look Obama wore a brown suit that one time.....

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 04-22-2019 at 07:31 PM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-22-2019, 07:24 PM   #18
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
It was a tan suit!

Think the right blogs are trying to distract from anything?
Old 04-22-2019, 07:35 PM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
I just read the official press release from the White House.... didn’t see the word Christian there either, just ‘precious lives on this Easter Sunday’.... they easily could have said Christians in that statement had they desired.

https://publicpool.kinja.com/subject...ary-1834198284

For what it’s worth I identify as somewhere between agnostic or atheist... if I had been in a church for a service because my catholic wife wanted to take the kids, I wouldn’t really be a Christian.... just saying....

for the second time, trump has zero history of being bigoted against christians. Obama
and Hilary? can’t say the same.

and
my previous post, where i said trump would have been crucified if he called the victims of the new zealand attack as kiwis who don’t worship easter.

the attack wasn’t carried
out to passers by. it was carried out to kill christians.
Old 04-22-2019, 07:38 PM   #20
Jim in CT

obama’s choice of suit color, is the same as his continued hostility toward christians, and their constitutional protections?
Old 04-22-2019, 08:11 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Just think what life on this planet would be like without religion, it’s been responsible for so much wrong done in the sake of the greater “good”.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:32 PM   #22
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Just think what life on this planet would be like without religion, it’s been responsible for so much wrong done in the sake of the greater “good”.
You might want to look a little deeper than the superficial notion that a world without religion would be free from "so much wrong done in the sake of the greater 'good'" as you put it. A Jew and a Gay Man Agree: America was Founded on Christian Values:

Jim, this might help to explain why they said "Easter worshippers" instead of Christians.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:03 AM   #23
Jim in CT

christian values motivated the founding of the greatest country in the history of the planet, they motivated the end of slavery and segregation.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:44 AM   #24
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I would suggest you don’t need to be religious to have good values or morals. Look at the latest killing of 320 people, all over radical religious beliefs, just add it to the millions killed in the name of religion.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:44 AM   #25
wdmso

Quote:
whatever trump said, i’m not concerned that he’s biased against christians. no christian has any such concern. he rejects all religions equally.

obama routinely trampled on the rights of christians, he was successfully sued multiple
times ( hobby lobby, little sisters if the poor).. there’s zero evidence trump is an anti christian bigot. so there’s no hypocrisy i’m sorry to say.
Oh now its about Obama .. the Christian anti christian. Thats the problem with good Christians like yourself and most holy rollers they are arrogant love throwing stones
they see gay marriage sex ed , transgender rights , teaching of evolution rights to birth control all as attacks on christianity. In a nut shell if they don't get their way it's an attack on christianity. seems you have ODS and HDS WDS
But its acceptable for you?
Old 04-23-2019, 06:56 AM   #26
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

The bias in politicians and media is why you would have a headline that read like "27 Muslims praying a their Mosque during the Holy month of Ramadan were victim to an attack" and "27 Easter worshipers were killed by unknown gunmen with unknown motivations". Can totally see it.

That said, it is equally abhorrent when good innocent people praying or simply living life regardless of their views or religion, are killed.

Quote:

No, it is usually "The Faithful worshiping holy month of Ramadan prayers attacked"...

Quote:

Human nature has its very bad seeds, religion is sometimes just the vessel, as sometimes is labor, as sometimes is greed, as sometimes pride, as sometimes is nationalism, as is often the want to help others (cough, Marxism).

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 04-23-2019, 07:44 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
I would suggest you don’t need to be religious to have good values or morals. Look at the latest killing of 320 people, all over radical religious beliefs, just add it to the millions killed in the name of religion.
i don’t think anyone has ever suggested that religion is a prerequisite to being a good person.

but it helps. studies show pretty clearly that believers who try to live in accordance with what they believe,,identify as being happier, less likely to get divorced, etc. i’m willing to bet they commit less violent crime, less likely to do drugs, etc.
Old 04-23-2019, 07:46 AM   #28
Jim in CT

Quote:
Oh now its about Obama .. the Christian anti christian. Thats the problem with good Christians like yourself and most holy rollers they are arrogant love throwing stones
they see gay marriage sex ed , transgender rights , teaching of evolution rights to birth control all as attacks on christianity. In a nut shell if they don't get their way it's an attack on christianity. seems you have ODS and HDS WDS
But its acceptable for you?
yes, it’s about obama
and hilary specifically, and liberals in general, hating christianity.

that obama calls himself a christian, doesn’t make him a christian, no more than Pelosi is actually a catholic.

obama, not knowing the mic was
on, called them bitter clingers who don’t like people whose skin color is different. thats someone who doesn’t like christians.

hilary says that people
on the right, and most christians are on the right, are deplorable and sexist and racist.

did i get any of that wrong?

wayne, you don’t think there was any specific reason why obama/hilary used the word
muslims to describe the victims in new zealand, but wouldn’t use the word christians to describe the victims in sri lanka?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-23-2019 at 08:01 AM..
Old 04-23-2019, 08:24 AM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
yes, it’s about obama
and hilary specifically, and liberals in general, hating christianity.

that obama calls himself a christian, doesn’t make him a christian, no more than Pelosi is actually a catholic.

obama, not knowing the mic was
on, called them bitter clingers who don’t like people whose skin color is different. thats someone who doesn’t like christians.

hilary says that people
on the right, and most christians are on the right, are deplorable and sexist and racist.

did i get any of that wrong? (no they were both spot on you reinforce this every time you bring up religion .. you act as if these people dont exist in your christian world )

wayne, you don’t think there was any specific reason why obama/hilary used the word
muslims to describe the victims in new zealand, but wouldn’t use the word christians to describe the victims in sri lanka?

There is no specific reason why obama/hilary used the word
muslims to describe the victims in new zealand, but wouldn’t use the word christians to describe the victims in sri lanka? were they all christians its clear why they targeted churches and the hotels

only your conspiracy minded brain and hate for thoses 2 is the only thing driving that logic ..

For normal people its easy

Mosque translate to Musulim

synagogue translates to Jews

Kingdom Halls translates jehovah witness

Notre-Dame translates catholic

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints translates mormons

Easter translate into whatever denomination you are

for me I was raised catholic I would see it as a catholic not as the technical term "christian "

Sri Lankan Official Says Bombings Are Retaliation For New Zealand Massacre

Where in history have we seen this story before Tit for tat Retaliation

I bet their are some christians willing to do such a thing and continue the endless cycle

While us none religious folks sit back and watch ... shaking our heads
Old 04-23-2019, 08:40 AM   #30
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Easter translate into whatever denomination you are
Easter noun
English Language Learners Definition of Easter
: a Christian church festival that celebrates the return of Jesus Christ to life following his death
also : the Sunday in early spring on which this festival is observed

A better comparison would have been:

Ramadan translates to Muslims
Passover translates to Jews
Easter translates to Christians

Catholics are Christians, Protestants are Christians, Lutherans are Christians.

Just like there are different flavors of Islam, but they are all called Muslims.