Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-05-2019, 01:37 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Trump visiting the Mexican Border

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 04-05-2019, 03:37 PM   #2
Nebe

MAGA - Mexicans Always Get Across
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-05-2019, 03:41 PM   #3
spence

I read that a section of fencing that the Obama admin approved to get upgraded was adorned with a plaque commemorating Trump's first section of the new border wall.

No, I didn't just make that up.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:16 PM   #4
Sea Dangles

This must mean a code red is soon to follow.
Old 04-08-2019, 07:23 AM   #5
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump ran on building a wall, then comes in and built nothing and ironically his actions and policies have dramatically increased the problem he was going to stop. This of course sets him up to run in 2020 on his favorite platform, look what’s happening still at our southern border, elect me again and I promise this time I will build that wall.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:17 AM   #6
Jim in CT

he deserves criticism for not fulfilling that promise, no question.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:21 AM   #7
Raven

Arrow in the desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
MAGA - Mexicans Always Get Across
on a friday afternoon:
i used to take our 2 mexican workers down to tecate mexico since i was
going there anyways to buy diesel fuel @ 1/2 price

and they'd say "see you on monday" ---- as they knew the trail back like memory.... come monday, there they were all smiles
every single time
Old 04-09-2019, 02:00 PM   #8
wdmso

rump lying seems to be his national priority

Trump's false claim that child separations were carried out by the Obama administration has been frequently refuted.

but yet he still insists it to be True .....
Old 04-09-2019, 04:43 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
rump lying seems to be his national priority

Trump's false claim that child separations were carried out by the Obama administration has been frequently refuted.

but yet he still insists it to be True .....
Pretty sure it happened under Obama, was expanded under Trump, no?

"Past administrations also separated children from the adults they arrived with in the United States. But immigration experts said those separations were relatively rare and nowhere near the scale under the Trump administration."

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...rations-were-/
Old 04-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Pretty sure it happened under Obama, was expanded under Trump, no?

"Past administrations also separated children from the adults they arrived with in the United States. But immigration experts said those separations were relatively rare and nowhere near the scale under the Trump administration."

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...rations-were-/
Obama did it in a limited manner when the parents were being charged with more serious crimes or they believed it could be child trafficking. Trump made it a policy to charge all parents with crimes and sepearate most kids. The policies are very different.

Jim, we’ve covered this like 10 times.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:35 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Obama did it in a limited manner when the parents were being charged with more serious crimes or they believed it could be child trafficking. Trump made it a policy to charge all parents with crimes and sepearate most kids. The policies are very different.

Jim, we’ve covered this like 10 times.
wdmso said that obama
didn’t separate kids from parents. false.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:41 PM   #12
spence

Quote:
wdmso said that obama
didn’t separate kids from parents. false.
Use your brain.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:52 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Use your brain.
a cowardly, unsubstantiated insult? get outa here, so
unlike you.

i posted a link, stating that obama separated kids from parents.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:35 AM   #14
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
a cowardly, unsubstantiated insult? get outa here, so
unlike you.

i posted a link, stating that obama separated kids from parents.
Yes, you did. In the cases the politico article outlines.
https://images.app.goo.gl/7cJgC4P2UrWaXpYV9

Can you admit trump vastly increased the use of this policy?

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-10-2019, 07:03 AM   #15
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post

In Jim's world they are the same thing . And he clearly believes Trump at all times.

President Obama separated children. They had child separation; I was the one that changed it," Trump said. Trump made the comments during a photo op

It was then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions who instituted the "zero tolerance" policy at the Southern border in April 2018, which resulted in children being separated from their parents who were taken into custody for criminal prosecution.

Last edited by wdmso; 04-10-2019 at 07:27 AM..
Old 04-10-2019, 07:33 AM   #16
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If Trump could have his way and get rid of all the judges, he would ramp it up and there would be a massive amount of humiliation violations taking place. Trump has no respect for the law, it’s hard to believe a president of the United States would call to eliminate the judges, no authoritarian impulses there boys.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:52 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:

i refer you to post #9, where i say explicitly that obama didn’t do it nearly on the same scale..

now, can you admit that obama separated kids from parents at the border? and that he got no criticism for it? it only became shameful when trump did it. and no one said the issue was how frequently trump was doing it ( is there an acceptable number of times to do it?), only that he was doing it.

Trump Derangement Syndrome, in all its glory.

the arrival of huge numbers of children at the border is a new thing: itbused to be that 90% of illegals were single males. not anymore. we don’t have anywhere NEAR the infrastructure to deal with it.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:54 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
In Jim's world they are the same thing . And he clearly believes Trump at all times.

President Obama separated children. They had child separation; I was the one that changed it," Trump said. Trump made the comments during a photo op

It was then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions who instituted the "zero tolerance" policy at the Southern border in April 2018, which resulted in children being separated from their parents who were taken into custody for criminal prosecution.
read your post. you claimed obama didn’t separate kids from parents. that’s not true, it’s demonstrably false. that’s all i was responding to.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:53 AM   #19
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
i refer you to post #9, where i say explicitly that obama didn’t do it nearly on the same scale..
Sorry, I missed that.

Quote:
now, can you admit that obama separated kids from parents at the border? and that he got no criticism for it? it only became shameful when trump did it. and no one said the issue was how frequently trump was doing it ( is there an acceptable number of times to do it?), only that he was doing it.
Yes, but again, this was done when the parents were being charged with a serious crime OR it was suspected trafficking. Not as a 'deterrent' as Trump so proudly admitted.

Quote:
the arrival of huge numbers of children at the border is a new thing: itbused to be that 90% of illegals were single males. not anymore. we don’t have anywhere NEAR the infrastructure to deal with it.
Agreed, but I don't think the answer to this is to separate families and put kids in dog kennels.

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 04-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Sorry, I missed that.

Yes, but again, this was done when the parents were being charged with a serious crime OR it was suspected trafficking. Not as a 'deterrent' as Trump so proudly admitted.

Agreed, but I don't think the answer to this is to separate families and put kids in dog kennels.
dog kennels aren’t ideal. but we also know for a fact that some of the “families” are using rented kids to appear as a family, to exploit our laws. How the hell do you respond to that?

it’s a mess. it’s a mess becuse. the snugglers know that if children are present, the group had a much better chance of staying.

a huge, huge mess. one side denies there’s even an issue.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:27 PM   #21
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

It wasn’t a huge mess until Trump and his policies turned it into one, but this is his bizarre strategy to create more chaos and amplify it by firing the department head. Now he will ramp up the rhetoric to instill fear in his base to prepare his 2020 campaign run to sell Trump and his policies as the solution to the mess he created so he could solve it. Classic move don’t be fooled.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:33 PM   #22
PaulS

That Damn Obama separating an adult who the border patrol thinks may have committed a serious crime like murder or kidnapping a child from the minor child they are with. I guess they could have done the following instead of separating them:

1) Detain the adult in a cell with the minor child so as to not separate them.
2) Let the adult and child go so as to not separate them and hope they come back
3) Any other suggestions?
Old 04-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #23
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
It wasn’t a huge mess until Trump and his policies turned it into one, but this is his bizarre strategy to create more chaos and amplify it by firing the department head. Now he will ramp up the rhetoric to instill fear in his base to prepare his 2020 campaign run to sell Trump and his policies as the solution to the mess he created so he could solve it. Classic move don’t be fooled.
What? It was not a huge mess? We have anywhere from 11 million to 30 million or more illegals in this country and you say it was not a huge mess? And there was no effective, sincere, and sustained effort to stop that mess. And blocking this current President from attacking the mess is not a mess?

Right, right, all was well until the Don stepped in and mucked it all up. If he would just stay out of it, all would be just dandy.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:13 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
That's not true. It turned into a mess when the majority of immigrants changed form being single men, to family units. American law says that single men can be quickly processed and shipped back. American law precludes that with families, we have to hold them for a period. we didn't then, nor do we now, have the facilities for that.

The criminals are aware of our laws, so are staging fake family units. There's no easy answer to this. well there is, the answer I sto change the law and ship families back as fast as we used to send individuals back. Right now, theres a huge incentive for illegals to bring kids with them.

It's a mess, and it's not one of Trumps making, any more than the recession was Obama's fault.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:18 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
That Damn Obama separating an adult who the border patrol thinks may have committed a serious crime like murder or kidnapping a child from the minor child they are with. I guess they could have done the following instead of separating them:

1) Detain the adult in a cell with the minor child so as to not separate them.
2) Let the adult and child go so as to not separate them and hope they come back
3) Any other suggestions?
Paul, what would you do, when overnight, the majority of illegals switched form individuals we could ship back the next day, to families with kids who by law, cannot be shipped back right away.

Tens of thousands of such people every month. Every month, tens of thousands. You have no idea who they are, you don't know if it's an actual family or a staged family designed to skirt our laws. What would you do? What should we be doing?

If Trump didn't separate them, and put them all together in a huge pen, and any of those kids were harmed by adults, then the liberal zombies would be saying Trump would have separated those kids if he cared about them, that's it's wrong to foerce kids and adults to be penned together.

Can we let them all go in your neighborhood Paul? Are you OK with that? 100,000 in March alone? can they all get housing, education, and healthcare in your town?

What should he be doing?
Old 04-10-2019, 03:39 PM   #26
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
That's not true. It turned into a mess when the majority of immigrants changed form being single men, to family units. American law says that single men can be quickly processed and shipped back. American law precludes that with families, we have to hold them for a period. we didn't then, nor do we now, have the facilities for that.

The criminals are aware of our laws, so are staging fake family units. There's no easy answer to this. well there is, the answer I sto change the law and ship families back as fast as we used to send individuals back. Right now, theres a huge incentive for illegals to bring kids with them.

It's a mess, and it's not one of Trumps making, any more than the recession was Obama's fault.
Ok so explain the spike?
Old 04-10-2019, 03:49 PM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
Ok so explain the spike?
Could be various reasons. Perhaps the fear that something may now actually be done to stop the flow inspires a whole bunch to cross over before it becomes a lot harder to do. Perhaps some leftist orgs like Soros's "America's Voice" are helping to fund a massive inflow in order to overwhelm the system in order to bring Trump down and to instigate a so-called "comprehensive immigration plan" that gives amnesty to all those illegals here and to make it easier to promote an "open borders" policy which can forever tip the number of voters here toward transforming the great USA into the tip of the spear that militates the global community into the great, egalitarian social justice dream. Or maybe it's just a coincidence.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:14 PM   #28
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Thanks so we are in agreement, the policies have made it far worse
Old 04-10-2019, 04:32 PM   #29
detbuch

Quote:
Thanks so we are in agreement, the policies have made it far worse
No, Trump's policies have been blocked. The previous policies, that have essentially allowed the borders to be porous while allowing millions who enter illegally to stay, are still in place. The threat that Trump's policies will actually be allowed may spur some to take advantage of the porous border en masse now while they can. When and if Trump's policies are actually wholly in place, the "mess" may become less of one.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:53 PM   #30
wdmso

So in 2000 856,256 aperhension 1st 6 months of that fiscal year

And 361,087 1st 6 month's of fiscal year 2019

How did we ever survive what happened in 2000