Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-15-2019, 10:14 PM   #1
detbuch

A Black perspective that covers it all.

This is too good not to watch. A black perspective that covers all the political hot points:

Old 04-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #2
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
This is too good not to watch. A black perspective that covers all the political hot points:

And your Point?
Old 04-16-2019, 12:50 PM   #3
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
And your Point?
I stated it in the intro to the video.
Old 04-16-2019, 06:00 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
I stated it in the intro to the video.
Are you suggesting this represents how blacks think on these topics ..or are you shocked black conservatives see things the same as white conservatives ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 04-16-2019, 06:57 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Are you suggesting this represents how blacks think on these topics ..or are you shocked black conservatives see things the same as white conservatives ?
Again, you don't understand the meaning of the definite article "A." I said "A" black perspective, not "the" Black perspective.

I don't know why you asked If I am shocked. Where does that come from? What does that have to do with the video?

As usual, you, in one way or another, deflect from actually discussing a video that I post. I'm guessing that you dislike them and/or disagree with them. But making the video about me is evading the point of this forum--political discussion and debate. The search for truth and the back and forth discussions on points of view that can lead to some agreement on what is true and good as opposed to what is wrong and destructive.

I think that Owens and Elder are spot on in their opinions and statistics. And that they expose a connection with the Democrat party that is destructive to Blacks. I welcome you to dispute what they so eloquently say.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:47 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Again, you don't understand the meaning of the definite article "A." I said "A" black perspective, not "the" Black perspective.

I don't know why you asked If I am shocked. Where does that come from? What does that have to do with the video?

As usual, you, in one way or another, deflect from actually discussing a video that I post. I'm guessing that you dislike them and/or disagree with them. But making the video about me is evading the point of this forum--political discussion and debate. The search for truth and the back and forth discussions on points of view that can lead to some agreement on what is true and good as opposed to what is wrong and destructive.

I think that Owens and Elder are spot on in their opinions and statistics. And that they expose a connection with the Democrat party that is destructive to Blacks. I welcome you to dispute what they so eloquently say.

so in a nutshell they believe what you believe ... This post was about optics not content..

Candace owens (29) is the only person of color that Conservatives parade around. as an example as see we have black conserives (no kidding )

to bad they dont take time to read her History ... she's flip flopped more than Trump In less time

Owens was In a 2015 column that Owens wrote for the site she criticized conservative Republicans, writing about the "bat-#^&#^&#^&#^&-crazy antics of the Republican Tea Party", adding, "The good news is, they will eventually die off (peacefully in their sleep, we hope), and then we can get right on with the OBVIOUS social change that needs to happen, IMMEDIATELY.

By 2017, Owens had become known in conservative circles for her pro-Trump commentary and for criticizing liberal rhetoric regarding structural racism, systemic inequality, and identity politics

n October 2018, Owens launched the Blexit movement, a campaign to encourage African Americans to abandon the Democratic Party and register as Republicans.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:20 AM   #7
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

With age comes wisdom

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 04-17-2019 at 03:13 PM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 04-17-2019, 10:26 AM   #8
detbuch

Quote:
so in a nutshell they believe what you believe ... This post was about optics not content..

So there it is. It's not about ideas and principles. It's about who's side, which tribe. In a nutshell, she doesn't believe what you believe. Eff actually discussing the video.

Candace owens (29) is the only person of color that Conservatives parade around. as an example as see we have black conserives (no kidding )

There are several others. And they are not, as you denigrate, being "paraded around". They are speaking out on their own. And doing so eloquently and persuasively.

to bad they dont take time to read her History ... she's flip flopped more than Trump In less time

It's not a negative that she changed her thinking away from being stuck in the stupid non-productive, destructive, victimization and dependence race identity.

Owens was In a 2015 column that Owens wrote for the site she criticized conservative Republicans, writing about the "bat-#^&#^&#^&#^&-crazy antics of the Republican Tea Party", adding, "The good news is, they will eventually die off (peacefully in their sleep, we hope), and then we can get right on with the OBVIOUS social change that needs to happen, IMMEDIATELY.

That's the crap that she was fed in her formative years and informed her way of thinking before she started examining what actually was true and not true. When she became "woke" she was liberated from the stifling notion that she was being held back because of her race.

By 2017, Owens had become known in conservative circles for her pro-Trump commentary and for criticizing liberal rhetoric regarding structural racism, systemic inequality, and identity politics

What is more critical is she is becoming known in Black circles.

n October 2018, Owens launched the Blexit movement, a campaign to encourage African Americans to abandon the Democratic Party and register as Republicans.
That is why the leftists must marginalize and destroy her. Not by debating her, but by smearing her character--sort of like what you're doing here.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-17-2019 at 10:33 AM..
Old 04-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
With age comes wisdom
wdmso still has time to age a bit more and get there. I hope.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 04-17-2019 at 03:13 PM..
Old 04-17-2019, 03:05 PM   #10
wdmso

Quote:
That is why the leftists must marginalize and destroy her. Not by debating her, but by smearing her character--sort of like what you're doing here.
So when you bring up actual things she has said and done or topics that she's flipped flopped on .. you see that as smearing her character

I question her credibility based on that

she is smart she's playing conservatives like Trump did .. they both roll with who ever they think has the money
Old 04-17-2019, 03:13 PM   #11
PaulS

Wasn't she the person who settled a racism case for 35K and then later said the US doesn't have a problem with racism?

Is that smearing her character to ask that?
Old 04-17-2019, 06:33 PM   #12
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
So when you bring up actual things she has said and done or topics that she's flipped flopped on .. you see that as smearing her character

I question her credibility based on that

she is smart she's playing conservatives like Trump did .. they both roll with who ever they think has the money
When Obama and Hillary flip-flopped on Gay Marriage, did you question their credibility? Just trying to establish a base line.

Old 04-17-2019, 06:36 PM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Wasn't she the person who settled a racism case for 35K and then later said the US doesn't have a problem with racism?

Did she sue the entire U.S. or did she have a case against an individual?

Is that ok to clarify before we label the entire country racist?

Old 04-17-2019, 08:00 PM   #14
PaulS

Quote:
Did she sue the entire U.S. or did she have a case against an individual?

Is that ok to clarify before we label the entire country racist?
No one has claimed the entire US is racist but for her to say there is no problem when she in fact had a problem seems a little hypocritical to me.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:01 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:

Yes, it is a smear by the leftists because their narrative is false. They claim she said that racism is over in America. She did not say that. She said that America is not a racist country. Yes we have racists. That does not make us a racist country. Otherwise, if we accept the standard that having some racists makes a country racist, then I don't know of a country that isn't racist.

And the Owens family initial complaint was that the delay in arresting the teens was because one of them was the son of the mayor. They did not request the help of the NAACP. The NAACP saw another opportunity to show how racist America is and further the victim status of Blacks in this country, and jumped in to sue for racism. It was an NAACP maneuver, using the Owens family to implement it. But a racist country would not have allowed the suit, much less the verdict.

The left also tried destroying her by misrepresenting something she said about Hitler, portraying it as supporting him. And that support supposedly showing the true roots of why she doesn't see nationalism as the evil that the left sees it. Among other things, she has noted that when nationalism is mentioned, there is an immediate attachment of Hitler to it. Actually, she has stated that she despises Hitler. And that he was not a nationalist, but that he was more of a globalist, as shown by his desires to conquer all of Europe and Russia and make alliances with Italy and Japan and Muslim anti-Jews in the Middle East.

If you want to find a truly racist country, look to Asia, or Africa, or the Middle East. Those areas are rich in pervasive and legal racism.

Here is an article that says it better: https://www.redstate.com/diary/daven...-creates-stir/

So yes, the effort by the left is not to accurately depict who she is and what she has said or believes, but to destroy her in whatever way possible because she is a threat to their anti-American narrative.

Last edited by detbuch; 04-17-2019 at 08:23 PM..
Old 04-17-2019, 08:10 PM   #16
detbuch

Quote:
No one has claimed the entire US is racist but for her to say there is no problem when she in fact had a problem seems a little hypocritical to me.
I can't find where she said that there is no problem or that racism doesn't exist. I've seen leftist media implying that she said those things.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:20 PM   #17
detbuch

BTW. How about the other person in the video. Any leftist smears some of you want to bring up about Larry Elder?

Last edited by detbuch; 04-17-2019 at 08:28 PM..
Old 04-17-2019, 09:05 PM   #18
PaulS

Quote:
Yes, it is a smear by the leftists because their narrative is false. They claim she said that racism is over in America. She did not say that. She said that America is not a racist country. Yes we have racists. That does not make us a racist country. Otherwise, if we accept the standard that having some racists makes a country racist, then I don't know of a country that isn't racist.

And the Owens family initial complaint was that the delay in arresting the teens was because one of them was the son of the mayor. They did not request the help of the NAACP. The NAACP saw another opportunity to show how racist America is and further the victim status of Blacks in this country, and jumped in to sue for racism. It was an NAACP maneuver, using the Owens family to implement it. But a racist country would not have allowed the suit, much less the verdict.

The left also tried destroying her by misrepresenting something she said about Hitler, portraying it as supporting him. And that support supposedly showing the true roots of why she doesn't see nationalism as the evil that the left sees it. Among other things, she has noted that when nationalism is mentioned, there is an immediate attachment of Hitler to it. Actually, she has stated that she despises Hitler. And that he was not a nationalist, but that he was more of a globalist, as shown by his desires to conquer all of Europe and Russia and make alliances with Italy and Japan and Muslim anti-Jews in the Middle East.

If you want to find a truly racist country, look to Asia, or Africa, or the Middle East. Those areas are rich in pervasive and legal racism.

Here is an article that says it better: https://www.redstate.com/diary/daven...-creates-stir/

So yes, the effort by the left is not to accurately depict who she is and what she has said or believes, but to destroy her in whatever way possible because she is a threat to their anti-American narrative.
As usual I didn't read most of your post but when I was typing this I did see you talk about anti-American of the left. If you really believe that you have more anger than I thought you do
Old 04-17-2019, 09:33 PM   #19
detbuch

Quote:
As usual I didn't read most of your post but when I was typing this I did see you talk about anti-American of the left. If you really believe that you have more anger than I thought you do
Yes, well I'm sure that it makes you feel better to dwell on how angry I am than it would be to read my post and discover how wrong you are.

Stay ignorant and happy.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:12 AM   #20
wdmso

Quote:
When Obama and Hillary flip-flopped on Gay Marriage, did you question their credibility? Just trying to establish a base line.
decades not 3 years.. and add no political party switching to the baseline

She's the Conservative version of AOC minus she's not elected they pulled her from youtube
Old 04-18-2019, 06:17 AM   #21
wdmso

Quote:

Candace Owens lives rent-free in $3,500 apartment, claims toxic mold illness, sues landlord,

But if this was AOC OMG what a different tune the usual suspects would be singing
Old 04-18-2019, 06:34 AM   #22
PaulS

Quote:
Yes, well I'm sure that it makes you feel better to dwell on how angry I am than it would be to read my post and discover how wrong you are.

Stay ignorant and happy.
I am happy and it is not ignorant to not care what 1 person says (similiar to the thread you just started about someone else). Anyone can find someone on the internet who fits their narrative. But if it makes you feel better that you found a black person who is a Rep, knock yourself out. I could care less if there is 1 white non college educated man who hates the Repub. It means nothing to me and I couldn't be bothered to start a thread about it.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:05 AM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
decades not 3 years.. and add no political party switching to the baseline

She's the Conservative version of AOC minus she's not elected they pulled her from youtube
You know the more you type, the more you prove Jim's point

Dem = Good
Rep = Bad

A normal person would say "yeah, that was pretty banged up too" Not you though, there's acceptable time limits on questioning credibility.

Old 04-18-2019, 08:28 AM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
You know the more you type, the more you prove Jim's point

Dem = Good
Rep = Bad

A normal person would say "yeah, that was pretty banged up too" Not you though, there's acceptable time limits on questioning credibility.
your funny only Dems or people who dont tow the republican narrative are boxed as Dem = Good
Rep = Bad

this whole thread was started to point out how evil Dem's are ..

you must have missed that part ...

But in true conservative fashion you see changing one's mind as changing one's mind .. and are equal and the reasons are irrelevant... its amazing to watch
Old 04-18-2019, 08:55 AM   #25
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
this whole thread was started to point out how evil Dem's are ..
It was??? I thought it was created to bring about discussion on what she was saying

Quote:
you must have missed that part ...
because you made that part up.

and what, exactly, was this thread intended to do? Point out how evil Republicans are? I think you can find the definition of Hypocrit in the mirror
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WDMSO.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	66167  

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 04-18-2019 at 09:01 AM..

Old 04-18-2019, 08:58 AM   #26
Nebe

Quote:
It was??? I thought it was created to bring about discussion on what she was paid to say to plant an opinion that may not really be hers in your mind

because you made that part up.
I fixed it for you.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:02 AM   #27
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I fixed it for you.
Nah, you fixed it for you

and is that any different than Don Lemon or Rachel Maddow?

Old 04-18-2019, 09:47 AM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
I am happy

Ignorance is bliss.

and it is not ignorant to not care what 1 person says

If you don't read a post, then you are ignorant of what is in it.

Anyone can find someone on the internet who fits their narrative.

And anyone can find an article that tries to smear the narrative

But if it makes you feel better that you found a black person who is a Rep, knock yourself out.

I "found" a lot of black persons that are Republicans. Didn't have to knock myself out doing so. Didn't even have to search. Reality exists for you to bump into it, if you care to open your eyes.

I could care less if there is 1 white non college educated man who hates the Repub. It means nothing to me and I couldn't be bothered to start a thread about it.
I could care less if you think I'm angry, or more angry than you thought. I could care less if you couldn't be bothered to start a thread. Or . . . actually, it would be a relief if you didn't.

So, I'm happy for you that I started a thread that you couldn't care less about, but must somehow try to denigrate
Old 04-18-2019, 10:01 AM   #29
PaulS

Lot of caring less yet your actions seem to suggest otherwise. Look at your posts

Doesn't Owens appear w/Alex Jones a lot? She recently said there was no such thing as Nixon's southern strategy.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:16 AM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
Lot of caring less yet your actions seem to suggest otherwise. Look at your posts

I care about what I post. I could care less about your opinion on what you consider my anger. I could care less about what you could care less about.

Doesn't Owens appear w/Alex Jones a lot?

Is this another attempt to smear her? Guilt by association? What are the contexts and what was discussed? Oh, maybe you could care less about the details. I suppose that you think everything Jones has said is false and that all of his evil rubs off on anyone who gets next to him.

She recently said there was no such thing as Nixon's southern strategy.
There was a Southern strategy, but there was no big switch in party ideology.