Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-12-2018, 02:28 PM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Truck Tires

Been counting the days until I can replace the piece of crap Wrangler tires that Chevy puts on their trucks, solely as I understand it; so they can advertise the better gas mileage. Then they go out of round and you have to deal with highway vibration, thankfully I'm retired, so my days of blasting around to get to meetings are over. Been in three times now and they can't get rid of it and they finally took their magic pekco meter out multiple times, to tell me I have three out of round tires. Thankfully they are now just over 50K so in a month, I'm taking them off and putting on new tread.

So the dealer is highly recommending either the Bridgestone Dueler A/T RH-S at $1,126 installed with 4 wheel alignment and balance or the Michelin Energy Saver A/S at $933 and since they will price match Town Fair Tire at $865 for the same, I'm leaning towards the Michelin. Most of my travel is highway now and that tread just looks like it will be quieter than the Dueler, anyone running these? Comments? Feedback? I'm in a 2014 Chevy Silverado quad cab with P265/65R18 wheels currently.

Reading reviews that I've found online seem to make me think that while the lesser priced Michelin tires are attractive, they are know for unbearable (yeah that's the wording used) road noise on grooved pavement; which might be really annoying on my drive to FL this winter. Anyone driving south knows many of those 95 stretches are almost like grooved highway.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 10-12-2018 at 02:59 PM..
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote