Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-03-2015, 10:34 AM   #1
rphud
GrandBob

Would we expect anything less.....

from any politician of "significant stature"?

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB106221...84390421645776
Old 07-03-2015, 06:50 PM   #2
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

And the beat goes on when it comes to Hillary,
"Liar, Liar, Pants Suit on fire."

" Choose Life "
Old 07-03-2015, 07:31 PM   #3
Raven

she's a dinosaur version of barney
that's my only expectation
Bill should never become her white-house Beotch
Old 07-03-2015, 08:53 PM   #4
Nebe

For the love of god I hope she isn't the next president
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-04-2015, 08:58 AM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
For the love of god I hope she isn't the next president
As someone that has left the democratic party (yes, I was a registered Dem - even momentarily flirted with Progressive) for the wild west unaffiliated, please come join the middle. Understand that we need at least two strong parties nationally. Anytime one party tries to legislate / squeeze out the other party (laws/gerrymandering/buying votes) we remove a little piece of the balance that keeps this country together.

I was having a conversation recently with two different people at different times, one technical and one not. The technical person, knowing how much a mistake this was from a technical security aspect, was still willing to ignore issues that would get anyone else fired and was willing to ignore undisputed technical facts. A (usually) smart person fully willing to ignore fact for ideology.

The second person, we'll say not technical, did not care that items of National Security were offered up on a silver platter for nation states that are at best, not our friends.

If any one of us "little people" had done that we would, at minimum, be fired and lose security clearance. Yet these two well educated people were willing to ignore hard truths for ideology.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-04-2015, 09:46 AM   #6
Nebe

Who is a viable candidate who is considered middle ground material and who isn't a corrupt corporate puppet?
I'm all ears.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:27 AM   #7
PaulS

Quote:
Who is a viable candidate who is considered middle ground material and who isn't a corrupt corporate puppet?
I'm all ears.
I don't think they are all puppets but it is hard not to be with the way campaigns are funded.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:30 AM   #8
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
I'm all ears.

Who is a viable candidate who is considered middle ground material and who isn't a corrupt corporate puppet, is competent, and is not a closet communist/marxist?

FIFY

Don't know. May not be possible.

Keeping an eye on Jim Webb for Dems. At least he has some National Security experience. I don't think people appreciate how rough of a global conflict picture is on the horizon. People like you and me with kids approaching or in their early teens need to be extra concerned with the next decade or two. There is not a pretty picture out there and clicking ruby slippers and unicorn farts is not going to allow us through those shoaly waters. Contrary to popular belief, there has been bayonets and horses and resurgent Russia and most all of the things Obama said there would not be during the last election. The foreign policies of this administration have been horrible.

We know Chaffee is beyond horrible. We know Hillary want to be President because she thinks it is her post.

They are all corruptocrats at one level or another. They all have various interest groups with hands pulling their strings.

Really just don't know. At this very early stage I would rather Ted Cruz or Scott Walker over Bernie Sanders and I would rather Jim Webb over Christie or Trump.

/ramble

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 07-04-2015, 12:50 PM   #9
Raven

trump just garnished some support after the senseless
SANFRAN pier Murder.......... of KATE.
i hope he never see's a court room
Old 07-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #10
Redsoxticket

Old 07-05-2015, 11:22 AM   #11
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
I'm all ears.
At this point I don't know enough about all the candidates running except Hillary ,who I couldn't vote for because of her lack of integrity alone.
Will have to wait for the debates as the news is so biased in their reporting.
I do think a lot of people will take notice of Christie in the debates as having the experience as a Governor and his history of working with the Dems.

" Choose Life "
Old 07-05-2015, 11:37 AM   #12
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post

Who is a viable candidate who is considered middle ground material and who isn't a corrupt corporate puppet, is competent, and is not a closet communist/marxist?

Actually, if one overlooks all the fake shock over his supposed "racist" remarks about Mexicans . . . Trump fits your requirements as well or better than most of the others.

Well . . . maybe not the "viable" part since the fake shock has kinda made him unviable. But he is, overall, as middle ground or more than most. With all his money, he certainly doesn't need to be a "corrupt corporate puppet. And he is certainly not a closet communist/Marxist.

As far as competence goes, he is way more competent in his endeavors than most of the others are in theirs. And if his competence is not in the political arena, I would say that being a competent politician is not such a desirable qualification. The mess we are in has been provided for us by competent politicians.

That's not my endorsement for Trump. Just sayin'.