Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Classifieds Area - NO COMMERCIAL POSTS WHATSOEVER » Classifieds

Classifieds Buy,Sell, or Swap for members only please. NO COMMERCIAL ADVERTISING - thanks... And if you sell something like a boat through here - throw us a couple bucks for the site please :D

Old 03-27-2022, 11:51 AM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

ISO wood slabs

In Search Of Wood Slabs

I am going to build myself a desktop and am in search of some wood slabs to build it with. Will consider most species. Finish dimensions to be 7'8" x 21-27" Approx 21 board feet
Appreciate leads to milled slabs.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 05:19 PM   #2
Hookedagain

There is a guy on the side of the Venus DeMilo in Swansea that does slabs. I think its mostly soft wood but not positive.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 05:06 AM   #3
Higgie

Don’t know if you’re willing to travel but have a friend in wmass with a mill and solar kiln does slabs live edge and lumber for local carpenters I’m sure something closer is available but figured I’d throw it out there
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Higgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 08:29 PM   #4
t_man7

I am getting some great silver maple, red maple, and sugar maple, slabs from a friend I was connected with. I’m excited, going to rip my own for plugs, but will also do some woodwork. If you need some and don’t mind driving to CT, let me know. I can just add it to my order.
- Tommy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81BA9AD6-353D-4E07-963F-B7F452C1F0DE.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	68824  
t_man7 is offline   Reply With Quote