Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-14-2022, 11:39 AM   #1
wdmso

Ron’s at it again

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has a new cause: using the power of the state to harass parents who see drag performances as family entertainment.

Last week, DeSantis (R) projected distress after video emerged of children attending a “Drag the Kids to Pride” show in Texas. “That is totally inappropriate,” he said. “That is not something children should be exposed to.” He added: “We have child protective statutes on the books,” and “we may have the ability to deal with something like that.”

Wow he had nothing to say about the children gunned down in a Texas but this…

Smells very fascist but Ron supporters call it Merica
Old 06-14-2022, 12:02 PM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled

Guess I need to have a talk with my parents

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-14-2022, 12:15 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has a new cause: using the power of the state to harass parents who see drag performances as family entertainment.

Last week, DeSantis (R) projected distress after video emerged of children attending a “Drag the Kids to Pride” show in Texas. “That is totally inappropriate,” he said. “That is not something children should be exposed to.” He added: “We have child protective statutes on the books,” and “we may have the ability to deal with something like that.”

see, ten minutes ago, when I posted video of Biden saying something stupid, you criticized me for taking him literally. But here, you’re not giving Desantis the same benefit.

It’s ALMOST as if you have one set of standards for democrats, and a different set or republicans

If you want to say there’s no issue with taking 8 year olds to a drag show, you have fun with that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-14-2022, 12:18 PM   #4
Jim in CT

Quote:

Wow he had nothing to say about the children gunned down in a Texas
Wrong.

https://floridaphoenix.com/2022/06/0...ass-shootings/
Old 06-14-2022, 02:18 PM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
see, ten minutes ago, when I posted video of Biden saying something stupid, you criticized me for taking him literally. But here, you’re not giving Desantis the same benefit.

It’s ALMOST as if you have one set of standards for democrats, and a different set or republicans

If you want to say there’s no issue with taking 8 year olds to a drag show, you have fun with that.
Jim the rescuers

How about Ron mind his fkn business

He’s a coward gay transgenders and now drag queens

But violence gun violence on children silence

And of course What Ron said was hyperbole

When he Actually has signed laws for Bigots votes
Old 06-14-2022, 02:21 PM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

"Desantis hasn't commented on the shooting"

"He did"

"Well why doesn't he mind his fkn business"

Old 06-14-2022, 02:35 PM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Wrong.

https://floridaphoenix.com/2022/06/0...ass-shootings/

Did you even read your own article

He rolled them in to one planned campaign speech

Hitting all conservatives talking points

The Buffalo shooter, for example, said ‘you know I’m going places where I don’t have to worry about people, conceal carry, or anything like that,’”

A guy with a gun had shot him?
9mm vs 223 not a fair fight

DeSantis did not remark on the fact that the alleged shooter is a self-proclaimed white supremacist “who traveled more than 200 miles…to commit his attack

Of course he mentioned evil and Mental health and school safety

Then, DeSantis suddenly veered into a discussion on the United States’ withdrawal from the decades long war in Afghanistan last year.

But not a mention of gun safety or age limits background checks

Yet his state In 2018, after a 19-year-old carried out a mass school shooting in Parkland, Florida, the state enacted a law prohibiting minors under age 21 from purchasing firearms.1 The law also prohibits licensed dealers from making or facilitating the sale or transfer of a firearm to a person under 21 years of age.

Florida law penalizes any parent or guardian, or other adult responsible for the welfare of a minor, who knowingly and willfully permits the minor to possess a firearm in violation these provisions.7
Florida penalizes any person who knowingly or willfully sells or transfers a firearm to a minor without the permission of the minor’s parent or guardian

But he won’t sell that example to the voters he’s trying to win over

He is a coward just looking for votes targeting people he knows his core supporters hate and avoiding looking like he’s not. Owning the Libs
Old 06-14-2022, 05:32 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
"Desantis hasn't commented on the shooting"

"He did"

"Well why doesn't he mind his fkn business"

i thought you were kidding when
you typed that. but he really said he should mind his business, after whining that he didn’t say anything.
Old 06-14-2022, 05:57 PM   #9
wdmso

Quote:
i thought you were kidding when
you typed that. but he really said he should mind his business, after whining that he didn’t say anything.
You 2 are. Classic care to provide how a governor aka suggestion to use child services aka government Against parents.whom he disagrees with and suggesting he should mind his fkn business

Then you 2 complain that a private citizen comments on an elected official lack of that official to comment on a national tragedy are the same??

Can’t wait to hear the logic ..
Old 06-14-2022, 06:05 PM   #10
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

And here I thought you were referring to Raider Ronnie, who made a point to say he wasn't going to put his boat in the water due to the cost of gas under the Biden administration, then goes and says in a Weekend Plans thread that he was doing a charter.........So what was it, Ronnie? In the water or up on the hard?

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:08 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
You 2 are. Classic care to provide how a governor aka suggestion to use child services aka government Against parents.whom he disagrees with and suggesting he should mind his fkn business

Then you 2 complain that a private citizen comments on an elected official lack of that official to comment on a national tragedy are the same??

Can’t wait to hear the logic ..
you said he didn’t comment on the shooting, i proved he did. just say you made a mistake and move on for gods sake, would that kill you?

maybe every time the stock market goes down another 10%, we can have another scripted news conference about january 6th. that’s what people want to hear. No one cares what food costs, or what gas costs, or that their 401ks and college savings plans are sinking.

We want to hear more resins why Trump is bad. That’s what matters!

Taking little kids to drag queen shows is a great stand to make. stick with that. that will be very popular outside of CA and NY.

Old 06-14-2022, 06:10 PM   #12
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Ronnie probably saw parts of the hearings and couldn’t believe The Big Lie was THE big lie and decided I need to go to my happy place and launched the boat.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:11 PM   #13
Jim in CT

as of late april, ron’s approval ratings in FL were 59%.

yeah, the left really has him
on the ropes.

https://thecapitolist.com/ahead-of-e...0-percent/amp/

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-14-2022 at 07:29 PM..
Old 06-14-2022, 08:04 PM   #14
Nebe

Quote:

Constant dog whistle footing to pander for the mouth breathers who will vote for him in 2024. He doesn’t care about real issues. He just is pushing all the buttons to stay in the National news.
Old 06-14-2022, 08:04 PM   #15
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
you said he didn’t comment on the shooting, i proved he did. just say you made a mistake and move on for gods sake, would that kill you?

maybe every time the stock market goes down another 10%, we can have another scripted news conference about january 6th. that’s what people want to hear. No one cares what food costs, or what gas costs, or that their 401ks and college savings plans are sinking.

Taking little kids to drag queen shows is a great stand to make. stick with that. that will be very popular outside of CA and NY.

Apparently Flip Wilson terrified DeathSantis as a child, meanwhile his pet Russian agent Christina Pushaw who got caught being an unregistered foreign agent.

Why does Desantis have a foreign agent as his press secretary?

Where did that happen before?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-14-2022, 08:30 PM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Constant dog whistle footing to pander for the mouth breathers who will vote for him in 2024. He doesn’t care about real issues. He just is pushing all the buttons to stay in the National news.
people and businesses are moving to his state in massive numbers. is that not real? i can send my kids to public universities in FL and pay non resident rates, for less money than it costs to send my kids to UCONN and pay in state tuition.

that’s real, is t it? his state has no income tax yet they manage to offer college tuition to people for far less than CT can manage.

That’s real.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-14-2022 at 08:51 PM..
Old 06-14-2022, 08:56 PM   #17
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
And here I thought you were referring to Raider Ronnie, who made a point to say he wasn't going to put his boat in the water due to the cost of gas under the Biden administration, then goes and says in a Weekend Plans thread that he was doing a charter.........So what was it, Ronnie? In the water or up on the hard?

Did I say I did a charter with my boat ???
My boat is in my big shelter at my house.
I’m running an Ave Maria boat on the weekends
What does my boat have to do with this topic ???
I didn’t even reply

I also posted in the weekend tread I was going to the gun range.
I just came back from the range tonight with my younger son.
You want a report on that also ?
100 rounds of 9mm & it felt awesome 👏
With the $ I’m saving on fuel & dockage I’m ready to purchase a pre-ban AR-15.

Last edited by Raider Ronnie; 06-14-2022 at 09:03 PM..

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 06-14-2022, 09:01 PM   #18
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
people and businesses are moving to his state in massive numbers. is that not real? i can send my kids to public universities in FL and pay non resident rates, for less money than it costs to send my kids to UCONN and pay in state tuition.

that’s real, is t it? his state has no income tax yet they manage to offer college tuition to people for far less than CT can manage.

That’s real.
I love being lectured about the dire state of the U.S. economy, and the (undeniable) hit on Americans’ wages from inflation, by Trumplicans who don’t support raising the minimum wage, providing affordable childcare, or guaranteeing universal healthcare.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-14-2022, 09:06 PM   #19
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I love being lectured about the dire state of the U.S. economy, and the (undeniable) hit on Americans’ wages from inflation, by Trumplicans who don’t support raising the minimum wage, providing affordable childcare, or guaranteeing universal healthcare.

How’s that $15 an hr working out for everyone ???
That $15 doesn’t buy 1/3 of what those people were able to buy during Trumps years.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 06-14-2022, 09:11 PM   #20
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
That $15 doesn’t buy 1/3 of what those people were able to buy during Trumps years.
The national debt has rose by almost $7.8 trillion during Trump’s time in office. That’s nearly twice as much as what Americans owe on student loans, car loans, credit cards and every other type of debt other than mortgages, combined, according to data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. It amounts to about $23,500 in new federal debt for every person in the country.

Send him some more money, he needs it

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-14-2022, 09:14 PM   #21
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Just going to preserve this right here. Please, get help.
Old 06-14-2022, 09:32 PM   #22
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post

Also
I haven’t burned gas in years.
Diesel in current & prior boat.

Any more questions or comments Smart Guy ?

Last edited by Raider Ronnie; 06-14-2022 at 09:49 PM..

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 06-15-2022, 07:09 AM   #23
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post

and that’s my point.
Old 06-15-2022, 07:18 AM   #24
wdmso

Quote:

Again Jim once again is suggesting a comment even if the content of the comment lumps in every shooting in America in 20 years

Is a comment

Hea I bet someone saying no comment. meets you love of being technically correct.

Content means nothing
Old 06-15-2022, 07:50 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Again Jim once again is suggesting a comment even if the content of the comment lumps in every shooting in America in 20 years

Is a comment

Hea I bet someone saying no comment. meets you love of being technically correct.

Content means nothing
you said he hasn’t commented on it, he did. I’m sorry you got caught lying.

Desantis approval rate is a hair under 60% in a state that people can’t move to fast enough. Despite having no income tax, FL has managed to find a way to offer a quality of life that’s enough for many americans. That’s called “winning.”.

Has Biden commented on Kavanaugh almost getting assassinated?
Old 06-15-2022, 08:44 AM   #26
PaulS

Quote:

Has Biden commented on Kavanaugh almost getting assassinated?
On man I missed this. Did he use a gun and did the gun misfire? or did he miss? Did a SS agent take a bullet for the Pres?
Old 06-15-2022, 08:55 AM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
On man I missed this. Did he use a gun and did the gun misfire? or did he miss? Did a SS agent take a bullet for the Pres?
any chance you can answer my question? Wayne criticized Desantis for not commenting on an event ( even though he did comment on it, to which wayne replied he should
mind his own bee’s wax).

I asked Biden commented on the Kavanaugh plot, because as of recently he hadn’t.

Your side almost certainly leaked the opinion. Your side published their home addresses. Your sides press secretary said that Biden encourages people to protest at their homes, in blatant violation of federal law. Your sides senate majority leader called kavanaugh out by name, said he’d reap the whirlwind and never know what hit him. And your sides AG refuses to enforce black letter federal law even after the assassination attempt.

And America sees all this.

The ethnic group that Biden has the lowest approval ratings with? Hispanics. IF that’s true, and that’s a big if, the gop can’t lose.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:01 AM   #28
PaulS

Trying to dodge that must have hurt your back.
Old 06-15-2022, 09:02 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Trying to dodge that must have hurt your back.
you’re the one who dodged my question paul.

the answer to all your questions is a resounding no.

but he came closer to killing kavanaugh than anyone did of toppling o government in jail day 6.

in a few months, the speculation is over, we get to see what america has to say about all this. We’ll see who understands what america is feeling, and who has his head in the sand b their fingers in heir ears.

in a TX special election last night, a house seat that had been blue for 10 years went red. The winning republican was a female Hispanic, the first ever mexican born member of congress.

not a good sign for the DNC.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-15-2022 at 09:08 AM..
Old 06-15-2022, 09:18 AM   #30
PaulS

You made a statement that Kavanaugh almost got assassinated and I asked for more details and you go off on a tangent.