Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-19-2022, 03:35 PM   #61
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
No they didn’t.
yes they did. here it is. not ambiguous at all.

800 americans a day are moving to FL. there’s a reason for that. I know how much you can’t bear to say out loud, what the reason is, your central nervous system would implode.

https://padailypost.com/2022/02/07/j...in-the-future/

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 06-19-2022, 06:55 PM   #62
Pete F.
Canceled

Breaking News: Elon Musk has confirmed that he will, in fact, be purchasing Ron DeSantis.
Old 06-19-2022, 06:58 PM   #63
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

800 americans a day are moving to FL. there’s a reason for that. I know how much you can’t bear to say out loud, what the reason is, your central nervous system would implode.

Jim, is this where you’re getting your info from?
Marjorie Taylor Greene just said that Republicans will leave Georgia in a mass exodus if Stacey Abrams wins the governor’s race this year. “They’ll move to Alabama, Tennessee, or Florida.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-19-2022, 07:11 PM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Jim, is this where you’re getting your info from?
Marjorie Taylor Greene just said that Republicans will leave Georgia in a mass exodus if Stacey Abrams wins the governor’s race this year. “They’ll move to Alabama, Tennessee, or Florida.”
Spence denied that JH concluded that lockdowns were useless. i posted a link that summarized the study, and the John’s Hopkins researchers said exactly what i aimed they said.

if you and spence don’t like
what John’s Hopkins concluded, take it up with them. I’m just posting what they said.

I didn’t say people
would flee if abrams won. i said people
are moving to FL in big numbers, because that’s what’s happening. Again, if you don’t like that fact, that’s on you, but it’s a fact.
Old 06-19-2022, 07:28 PM   #65
Pete F.
Canceled

Here’s some facts for you

For years, the Census has published a more accurate poverty rate, taking account of the cost of living. Here are the latest figures:
California15.4%
Mississippi14.5
Florida 14.0
Louisiana13.9
New York13.3
Old 06-19-2022, 07:40 PM   #66
Jim in CT

Quote:
Here’s some facts for you

For years, the Census has published a more accurate poverty rate, taking account of the cost of living. Here are the latest figures:
California15.4%
Mississippi14.5
Florida 14.0
Louisiana13.9
New York13.3
so does that mean that you think California Governor Newsom is worse than Desantis?

800 people a day are disagreeing with you.
Old 06-19-2022, 09:01 PM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

us: left govt, high inflation
uk: right govt, high inflation
germany: centrist govt, high inflation
italy: everyone in govt, high inflation

wild guess it’s not the govt
Old 06-19-2022, 09:05 PM   #68
Pete F.
Canceled

Ted Cruz gets heckled and harassed by a right winger at TX State GOP Convention, who calls him a coward and a globalist, asks him how he can like Trump after he called his wife ugly, then finished with Cancun.

Ted is among those who created this monster.
Chummed the waters.
Whipped the mob into a frenzy.
Told them to “fight like hell!!”
Told them that violence was not only ok, it was EXPECTED if they didn’t want to “lose their freedoms”.

Old 06-20-2022, 06:56 AM   #69
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:

Why I stopped mostly posting here, besides the time sink factor, is that we rehash the same #^&#^&#^&#^& every other week (on both sides).

Jim, this article came out in February. There was a thread on it when you posted it then. It was a non-reviewed paper by a trio of economists. This was not a John Hopkins study, it was a #^&#^&#^&#^&tily done literature review that got crucified by actual public health and epidemiologists. Read some of the reviews of this work and how seriously flawed it was.

From one article reviewing the referenced piece
'For starters, experts commenting for the U.K. Science Media Centre warned about the paper's questionable definition of "lockdown." Samir Bhatt, DPhil, a professor of statistics and public health at Imperial College London, said in that statement that the study's "most inconsistent aspect is the reinterpreting of what a lockdown is."

"The authors define lockdown as 'the imposition of at least one compulsory, non-pharmaceutical intervention [NPI].' This would make a mask-wearing policy a lockdown," Bhatt stated.'

I am not saying lockdowns should have been done, or shouldn't have been done. In the first months of the pandemic there were A LOT of unknowns of this thing. Clearly there were innumerous negative consequences, but hindsight is 2020, and that is not the direction things went later in the pandemic.

back to

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 06-20-2022, 07:52 AM   #70
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
so does that mean that you think California Governor Newsom is worse than Desantis?

800 people a day are disagreeing with you.
You do realize that the 1200 people a day moving to California disagree with you

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-20-2022, 07:57 AM   #71
Jim in CT

Quote:
You do realize that the 1200 people a day moving to California disagree with you
hang on there… you posted murder rates by state as evidence Desantis is a bad governor. CA has higher murder rates. So why isn’t Newsom worse?

and growth rates are much higher in FL than CA…

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...growing-states

Old 06-20-2022, 08:07 AM   #72
wdmso

the far-right Proud Boys crashed a children's drag queen storytelling event and shouted homophobic and transphobic slurs, in what Alameda, Calif.,

Who inspired the idea to attack drag queens

Who’s the leader and who’s the followers?
. Ron or the proud boys
Old 06-20-2022, 08:24 AM   #73
wdmso

the 10 states with the fastest growth rates:

Idaho Is 1st

Florida is 9th on the list

But Fla is a conservatives utopia brought to you By Ron D and anyone moving there is escaping liberalism according to Jim
Old 06-20-2022, 08:35 AM   #74
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
hang on there… you posted murder rates by state as evidence Desantis is a bad governor. CA has higher murder rates. So why isn’t Newsom worse?

and growth rates are much higher in FL than CA…

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...growing-states

Little difference between DeathSantis or Trump

The fact that the GOP is trying to sell DeSantis as “Trump, but smarter” should be a giant red flag.

Ron DeSantis appointed a QAnon conspiracy theorist, who believes there was fraud in the 2020 election & Trump' won. He's Florida's new Secretary of State, a position that oversees elections.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-20-2022, 08:48 AM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
the 10 states with the fastest growth rates:

Idaho Is 1st

Florida is 9th on the list

But Fla is a conservatives utopia brought to you By Ron D and anyone moving there is escaping liberalism according to Jim
well it’s a bit easier for a teeny state to have a high growth rate, right?

how many states with the top ten growth rates, are blue? half?
Old 06-20-2022, 08:49 AM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
the far-right Proud Boys crashed a children's drag queen storytelling event and shouted homophobic and transphobic slurs, in what Alameda, Calif.,

Who inspired the idea to attack drag queens

Who’s the leader and who’s the followers?
. Ron or the proud boys
so it’s “attacking drag queens”, to say they shouldn’t do their thing in front of little
kids?

i don’t think america agrees with you on that.

there’s a reason why bedrooms have doors. How about we stop shoving certain sexualities in everyone’s face, and keep
it private like it’s supposed to be.

I was pro gay marriage before you i bet ( because i was pro gay marriage when Hilary and Obama were adamantly opposed to it, which we all know means you were also opposed to it), just don’t shove it in my face, leave me out of it. Consenting adults can do whatever they want between themselves, just have some modesty about it.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-20-2022 at 10:28 AM..
Old 06-20-2022, 11:41 AM   #77
Pete F.
Canceled

I think it’s time you came out of the closet
Old 06-20-2022, 01:18 PM   #78
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Why I stopped mostly posting here, besides the time sink factor, is that we rehash the same #^&#^&#^&#^& every other week (on both sides).

Jim, this article came out in February. There was a thread on it when you posted it then. It was a non-reviewed paper by a trio of economists. This was not a John Hopkins study, it was a #^&#^&#^&#^&tily done literature review that got crucified by actual public health and epidemiologists. Read some of the reviews of this work and how seriously flawed it was.

From one article reviewing the referenced piece
'For starters, experts commenting for the U.K. Science Media Centre warned about the paper's questionable definition of "lockdown." Samir Bhatt, DPhil, a professor of statistics and public health at Imperial College London, said in that statement that the study's "most inconsistent aspect is the reinterpreting of what a lockdown is."

"The authors define lockdown as 'the imposition of at least one compulsory, non-pharmaceutical intervention [NPI].' This would make a mask-wearing policy a lockdown," Bhatt stated.'

I am not saying lockdowns should have been done, or shouldn't have been done. In the first months of the pandemic there were A LOT of unknowns of this thing. Clearly there were innumerous negative consequences, but hindsight is 2020, and that is not the direction things went later in the pandemic.

back to
It’s just a never ending circle jerk. I post when Jim gets outrageous and I feel the need to poke him. Or if the foil hat conspiracy theory RR needs to be poked fun at, so he can start pounding away with ####&&&$$$((( hahahahaha.
Old 06-20-2022, 01:24 PM   #79
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT;so it’s “attacking drag queens”, to say they shouldn’t do their thing in front of little
kids?

i don’t think america agrees with you on that.

there’s a reason why bedrooms have doors. How about we stop shoving certain sexualities in everyone’s face, and keep
it private like it’s supposed to be.

I was pro gay marriage before you i bet ( because i was pro gay marriage when Hilary and Obama were adamantly opposed to it, which we all know means you were also opposed to it), just don’t shove it in my face, leave me out of it. Consenting adults can do whatever they want between themselves, just have some modesty about it.
[size=1
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device[/size]

Your so deep in denial it’s scary

That you think it’s just people
saying they shouldn’t do their thing in front of little
kids?

And conservatives are protecting children from Groomers at Disney saving transgender 5 year olds from abusive liberal parents

Love how you show your support of gays

just don’t shove it in my face, and stay in the closet
Old 06-20-2022, 02:03 PM   #80
Jim in CT

Quote:
Your so deep in denial it’s scary

That you think it’s just people
saying they shouldn’t do their thing in front of little
kids?

And conservatives are protecting children from Groomers at Disney saving transgender 5 year olds from abusive liberal parents

Love how you show your support of gays

just don’t shove it in my face, and stay in the closet
i don’t think anyone wants me shoving my heterosexuality in their face. and i don’t consider myself a victim because of that. having a speck of
modesty isn’t the same as getting shoved back into the closet. not even close.

where were the charges that hilary and obama were bigots when they opposed gay marriage very recently

it’s ok when they do it.
Old 06-20-2022, 02:19 PM   #81
wdmso

Texas GOP goes full MAGA at 2022 convention

the new party platform would include declaring homosexuality “an abnormal lifestyle choice,

Texas Republicans approved a resolution declaring that President Biden "was not legitimately elected,

The platform also calls for the abolishment of the 1965 Voting Rights Act

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), who has been taking part in bipartisan gun control negotiations, was booed by the crowd

Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-Texas) and members of his staff were physically attacked at the convention, with the assailants saying Crenshaw should be hung and calling him "eyepatch

The Fort Worth chapter of the Log Cabin Republicans, a national Republican LGBTQ organization, was excluded from the event after they were not allowed to set up a booth at the convention

Keep thinking the GOP is the GOP of old
Old 06-20-2022, 02:24 PM   #82
Jim in CT

Quote:
Texas GOP goes full MAGA at 2022 convention

the new party platform would include declaring homosexuality “an abnormal lifestyle choice,

Texas Republicans approved a resolution declaring that President Biden "was not legitimately elected,

The platform also calls for the abolishment of the 1965 Voting Rights Act

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas), who has been taking part in bipartisan gun control negotiations, was booed by the crowd

Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-Texas) and members of his staff were physically attacked at the convention, with the assailants saying Crenshaw should be hung and calling him "eyepatch

The Fort Worth chapter of the Log Cabin Republicans, a national Republican LGBTQ organization, was excluded from the event after they were not allowed to set up a booth at the convention

Keep thinking the GOP is the GOP of old
today’s gop is poised to make historic gains in november.
who said it’s the gop of old?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 06-20-2022 at 02:38 PM..
Old 06-20-2022, 05:16 PM   #83
spence

Jim is really confused about what sexuality really means.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:36 PM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Jim is really confused about what sexuality really means.
I’m pretty sure you don’t know what tolerance really means.

Like wayne, i know for a certain that i was pro gay marriage before you. I know this, because i was pro gay marriage when obama was adamantly opposed to it, and we all know it’ll be a cold day before you ever disagreed with him on anything.

I’ll tolerate that all day long and happily explain why. But i don’t want it shoved in my face every time i turn around, i dont want to see parades celebrating any kind of sexuality, and i really don’t want my little kids seeing it.

There’s a big, big difference between tolerating something and celebrating something. I don’t think anyone’s homosexuality is any more of an accomplishment than my heterosexuality.

What is a cause for celebration, is that we’ve all evolved from the very recent close-minded opinions of people like Hilary and Obama ( and nearly everyone in the GOP obviously).

The fact that one person is attracted to another person, isn’t anything to celebrate or be proud of, it’s something that’s nobody else’s business.
Old 06-20-2022, 08:56 PM   #85
Pete F.
Canceled

Better be careful, you might think your contrarian views would be acceptable

US Senate candidate Eric Greitens says he is going “RINO hunting.” The 2022 Republican Party.
Old 06-20-2022, 10:15 PM   #86
Pete F.
Canceled

In his new post on Truth Social, Gavin Newsom posts a clip that CA had a higher GDP growth than any red state last year, and the Top 3 were all blue states.
Old 06-21-2022, 05:22 AM   #87
Jim in CT

Quote:
In his new post on Truth Social, Gavin Newsom posts a clip that CA had a higher GDP growth than any red state last year, and the Top 3 were all blue states.
so murder rates by state matter to criticize Desantis, but the fact that murder rates are higher in CA, doesnt say anything about Newsom? Will you ever explain why that is? I’m curious.
Old 06-21-2022, 08:05 AM   #88
wdmso

Jim midterms historically flip not sure why you think this some Nostradamus moment
Old 06-21-2022, 09:25 AM   #89
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim midterms historically flip not sure why you think this some Nostradamus moment
because it’s not looking to be an average midterm shift.

you think this is just going to be average?

all the polls, the elections that have happened recently, all points to a massacre.

If the gop gets over 40% of the hispanic vote, the left will get almost wiped out. That’s a very very big if, but piling suggests it’s possible. who knows if polling is accurate.

Old 06-21-2022, 03:32 PM   #90
wdmso

In their platform, the Texas Republicans invoked “God” or the “Creator” 18 times and “sovereignty” or sovereign power 24 times. And the word “democracy”? Only once — in reference to China.

Guess your off to Texas