Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-07-2022, 06:52 AM   #1
Jim in CT

so is it my body, my choice, or not?

college student gets two doses of vaccine, had to get hospitalized after the second dose. Her doctor told her not to get the booster. Her college expelled her.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6305736494112#sp=show-clips
Old 05-07-2022, 07:02 AM   #2
wdmso

Just like the women who can’t an abortion in certain states She like them can go to school some where else in another state that doesn’t required a booster .. that was easy
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-07-2022, 08:22 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Just like the women who can’t an abortion in certain states She like them can go to school some where else in another state that doesn’t required a booster .. that was easy
it was easy, because you completely dodged the issue. you didn’t go anywhere near it.

On abortion , liberals say women have bodily autonomy. On vaccines,,liberals say women can be forced to inject chemicals into their body if they want to stay in school.

what’s the principle you stand by, exactly?

my principle is women can choose whatever they want,, as long as that choice does t harm anyone else, and that seems reasonable to me. you think that’s bonkers. fine

No one has any clue what the liberal principles are,,because you flip flop 180 degrees constantly.

Women can choose to kill a baby, but they can’t choose not to get vaccinated if their doctors advise against it. that sounds very totalitarian to me.
Old 05-07-2022, 08:53 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled

Those totalitarian private schools have the right to conduct business as they see fit, unless you’re in a Republican totalitarian state where the government claims they have the right to dictate private business
Old 05-07-2022, 09:05 AM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Those totalitarian private schools have the right to conduct business as they see fit, unless you’re in a Republican totalitarian state where the government claims they have the right to dictate private business
oh, so you say private entities can do what they want. That’s what you believe?

right, right.

Tell that to the christian baker who doesn’t want to be forced to participate in a gay wedding. Tell that to the owners of Hobby Lobby, to chick fil a when cities refuse to let them open stores because of their beliefs, etc…

It begs the question, so i’ll ask again, do you have ANY principles that you apply equally, consistently, in different situations?

No. You don’t. Not a one.

You’d say that LIBERAL private entities can do what they want. Not conservative private entities.

Bitch. Slapped.
Old 05-07-2022, 09:15 AM   #6
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Grew up in right side of the aisle Republican household. But, my mother volunteered countless hours at the Childrens hospital. She was pro abortion rights. She saw the children having children, unable to care for them, both by lacking ability and financially. Caused a huge drain on local resources, ie. public assistance. And I understand the religious view too. So when I having grown up, into my (yikes) mid sixties now with Roe V Wade having been an accepted part of our society, I am torn by the issue becoming a political football. I do not accept that my stand of supporting a woman's right puts me in the Democratic aisle, by default. That is BS. But, if the new republican party (note no capitalization) is going to make this a line in the sand... they will have completely misjudged the outcome when the black, gray, non-white population triples in size due to this change in the laws of our land.

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
Old 05-07-2022, 09:24 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Grew up in right side of the aisle Republican household. But, my mother volunteered countless hours at the Childrens hospital. She was pro abortion rights. She saw the children having children, unable to care for them, both by lacking ability and financially. Caused a huge drain on local resources, ie. public assistance. And I understand the religious view too. So when I having grown up, into my (yikes) mid sixties now with Roe V Wade having been an accepted part of our society, I am torn by the issue becoming a political football. I do not accept that my stand of supporting a woman's right puts me in the Democratic aisle, by default. That is BS. But, if the new republican party (note no capitalization) is going to make this a line in the sand... they will have completely misjudged the outcome when the black, gray, non-white population triples in size due to this change in the laws of our land.
pro life people aren’t afraid of more people if color

it’s the left that uses abortion as a tool to keep their numbers in check. Planned Parenthood was founded my a famous racist named Margaret Sanger who publicly and unashamedly said abortion was important to jeep their numbers manageable.

Raise my taxes to help those kids.

And any baby that gets put up for adoption, will immediately get scooped up by a family desperate to live him/her.

and in any event, who knows if abortions will decrease if Roe is overturned. Many states will continue tonight it as today

You made a very fair and reasonable post. as a conservative, i don’t believe that being pro choice means you have to go to the left.
Old 05-07-2022, 10:11 AM   #8
wdmso

it’s the left that uses abortion as a tool to keep their numbers in check

Yep Jim you haven’t been radicalized…. 😂
Old 05-07-2022, 10:45 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
it’s the left that uses abortion as a tool to keep their numbers in check

Yep Jim you haven’t been radicalized…. 😂
i’m just repeating the words of the woman who (1) founded Planned Parenthood, and (2) is worshipped by the left.

Is it radical to say that blacks are disproportionately getting abortions?

anyway, there’s a growing list of questions you refuse to answer. i wonder why that is…
Old 05-07-2022, 10:48 AM   #10
Jim in CT

Margaret sanger called blacks “human weeds” whose numbers needed to be minimized so that the prettiest flowers could bloom.

Some person for liberals to honor.

read the usa today story…

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/5480192002/
Old 05-07-2022, 02:00 PM   #11
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Margaret sanger called blacks “human weeds” whose numbers needed to be minimized so that the prettiest flowers could bloom.

Some person for liberals to honor.

read the usa today story…

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/5480192002/
How do you manage to get so many things wrong?
Old 05-07-2022, 02:27 PM   #12
wdmso

Shocking more false equivalences

Margaret Sanger is strongly associated with the abortion issue today.[27][28] For much of the organization's history, however, and throughout Sanger's life, abortion was illegal in the U.S., and discussions of the issue were often censored.[29] During this period, Sanger – like other American advocates of birth control – publicly condemned abortion, arguing that it would not be needed if every woman had access to birth control.[29]

She was dead when abortion became legal
Old 05-07-2022, 03:32 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
How do you manage to get so many things wrong?
log on, lob baseless insult, put tail
between legs, scurry off .
Old 05-07-2022, 09:45 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled

Jim repeats every right wing trope, then Detbuch/Molyneux echoes him so they must be right, they’ve heard each other say it

In 1966, Martin Luther King Jr. made clear that he agreed that Sanger’s life’s work was anything but inhumane. In 1966, when King received Planned Parenthood’s Margaret Sanger Award in Human Rights, he praised her contributions to the black community. “There is a striking kinship between our movement and Margaret Sanger’s early efforts,” he said. “…Margaret Sanger had to commit what was then called a crime in order to enrich humanity, and today we honor her courage and vision.”
Old 05-08-2022, 06:44 AM   #15
wdmso

Because it’s funny
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9CF6CE83-C655-4C8C-9043-393672546BA3.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	68884  
Old 05-08-2022, 07:29 AM   #16
Jim in CT

Quote:
Because it’s funny
you think only men are opposed to abortion? you might need to look around more.

and i’m pretty sure the left now says men can get pregnant.

and since you presumably also don’t have a uterus, why aren’t you taking your own advice and staying silent on the issue?

as always, it’s ok when liberal
men chime in. Not acceptable when conservatives do the same thing. Because false equivalence.

Why can you offer your opinions on the subject?
Old 05-08-2022, 08:52 AM   #17
Nebe

Just like the Taliban invokes their beliefs on everyone they can, conservatives here feel their beliefs should rule over all people.

I’d have to imagine that many pro-lifers tune would change if their daughter was knocked up by a rapist with a different skin tone.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:44 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Just like the Taliban invokes their beliefs on everyone they can, conservatives here feel their beliefs should rule over all people.

I’d have to imagine that many pro-lifers tune would change if their daughter was knocked up by a rapist with a different skin tone.
every single criminal law, is a case of others imposing their beliefs on others. it’s not new, Nebe.

of course you go right to the most extreme, and very rare, example. not many places will disallow it in the case of rape.

the data s clear, most abortions are purely elective, performed on healthy women who had consensual
sex
Old 05-08-2022, 10:42 AM   #19
Nebe

Quote:
every single criminal law, is a case of others imposing their beliefs on others. it’s not new, Nebe.

of course you go right to the most extreme, and very rare, example. not many places will disallow it in the case of rape.

the data s clear, most abortions are purely elective, performed on healthy women who had consensual
sex
Doesn’t matter. If it’s illegal, then that rape baby is coming down the pipe. I guess it doesn’t matter once it’s born. That is when the pro-lifers stop caring
Old 05-08-2022, 10:43 AM   #20
Nebe

And yes I am being tongue in cheek here.
Old 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM   #21
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
And yes I am being tongue in cheek here.
i figured! enjoy the day!
Old 05-08-2022, 03:05 PM   #22
spence

Quote:
log on, lob baseless insult, put tail
between legs, scurry off .
First I don't have a tail. Second, there's so much wrong if I responded on my iPad my fingers would cramp up.

Do some homework Jim, you do realize your right-wing hit piece has links to fact check references that contradict her own opinion?
Old 05-08-2022, 03:20 PM   #23
spence

Quote:
college student gets two doses of vaccine, had to get hospitalized after the second dose. Her doctor told her not to get the booster. Her college expelled her.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6305736494112#sp=show-clips
Actually the college denied in writing this is their policy. Might want to stop listening to so much Fox Jim.
Old 05-08-2022, 03:41 PM   #24
Jim in CT

Quote:
Actually the college denied in writing this is their policy. Might want to stop listening to so much Fox Jim.
i listened to her.

happy mother’s day miss.
Old 05-08-2022, 03:52 PM   #25
spence

Quote:
i listened to her.

happy mother’s day miss.
On Tucker?
Old 05-08-2022, 04:04 PM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
On Tucker?
yes i saw it there. then i googled it, and the story had been reported on multiple outlets

hi haven’t heard of any private entities ( schools or businesses) requiring shots? his is news to you

https://thechicagothinker.com/exclus...ll-advised/amp

do women have bodily autonomy, or not?

?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-08-2022 at 04:12 PM..
Old 05-08-2022, 04:38 PM   #27
wdmso

Conservatives hate it when anyone points out this truth: Three of the five reportedly anti-Roe justices were named by a president who lost the popular vote by 2.9 million and were confirmed by senators representing a minority of the nation’s population.
Or that one of the vacancies was created by then-Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s blockade against Merrick Garland’s nomination in the final year of Barack Obama’s presidency. And then came McConnell’s reversal on the issue of letting an election happen before a justice was confirmed. He rushed Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination through in 2020 just days before the voters chose Joe Biden.

Just some facts
Old 05-08-2022, 06:02 PM   #28
Pete F.
Canceled

You can tell that the anti’s really care about babies, just look at what Mississippi Gov. Reeves just said, "We must prove that being pro-life is not just about anti-abortion... we want to continue to focus on ensuring that those expected mothers have the resources that they need."

Mississippi has the highest infant mortality rate in the country.
Old 05-08-2022, 07:00 PM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Conservatives hate it when anyone points out this truth: Three of the five reportedly anti-Roe justices were named by a president who lost the popular vote by 2.9 million and were confirmed by senators representing a minority of the nation’s population.
Or that one of the vacancies was created by then-Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s blockade against Merrick Garland’s nomination in the final year of Barack Obama’s presidency. And then came McConnell’s reversal on the issue of letting an election happen before a justice was confirmed. He rushed Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination through in 2020 just days before the voters chose Joe Biden.

Just some facts
the justices were no
instead by the man who won the 2016 election, and confirmed by a senate elected by the people.

elections have consequences. Obama said that, and everyone loved it. He was right.

the democrats flip flopped on this the same way. Biden first said a democrat senate should block Bush 41 from nominating someone. Then as VP, Biden flip flopped and said a president should be able to make an appointment late in his term.

Biden coined the Biden rule. If it was ok for him, please tell me why it was wrong for McConnell?

the american people gave senate control to the gop. they didn’t do that, because they wanted Scalia replaced with Garland.

Today, Biden is potus and the democrats have the senate, and he’s making all kinds of federal judicial appointments, including to scotus. Now it’s his turn. before, it was trumps turn

You can’t offer one syllable as to why it’s not legally sound to overturn Roe. Not one syllable. Have you read the draft?

This is a gift to your side, it will make the midterms less of a bloodbath.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:39 PM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Here’s 30 syllables

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.