Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 06-07-2022, 06:35 AM   #1
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Bruins fire Cassidy

I need to find another team to root for....

“There is some of that. There’s no question, players being afraid to make mistakes,” said Neely on May 19. “Especially younger players. Because you hear about it. I was one of those players. I had to learn and grow. I heard about it too when I made mistakes as a younger player. You can’t worry about not getting back out there. I think that’s one of the things we have to change. When younger players make mistakes, they’re worried they’re not going to play the next game. Well, that game is still going on.”

The latter is the area that most displeased Neely and Sweeney. They heard during exit interviews, in all likelihood, that Cassidy’s hard-line approach was not what players favored."

WHAT? So management is buying into this coddling society? Phuck that! I understand it coming from Sweeney, with his lefty Harvard pedigree... And he should be out the door too after this move, IMO. But did not see this coming from Neely. I figured Neely would be the one pushing back in these exit interviews, demanding accountability on .the ice and off.... These kids are cashing the checks, aren't they? Trent Fredericks, who I really like, was still prone to a bone head move this past season. He would then be a healthy scratch, or benched in our jargon. And next game out you couldn't help but see his positive contribution on the ice, even as a bottom six forward. Has the coddled kid group taken over the room? Did not expect that to happen under Bergeron... Or Marchand.
Might have to roll on to the Rangers or the Leafs, if only for their local connections

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 11:03 AM   #2
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
I didn’t realize the Bruins had a team.
Haven’t watched a game since Tim
Thomas has blackballed.
#^&#^&#^&#^& the Bruins.
Same goes for the Raiders.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 06:37 PM   #3
rphud
GrandBob

Rangers! Pretty surprised Neely was on board, but maybe he is in tune with the new normal. Sounds like Pasta is gone soon as well.
rphud is offline   Reply With Quote