Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » Meet & Greet Forum

Meet & Greet Forum S-B is an online Community dedicated to angling for Striped Bass. Come in, say hello and tell us a little bit about you. Thanks! Team Striped-Bass.com

Old 01-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #31
empirekitchen
snappacatcha

Hey PR , youre very close ... The long red roofed house at bottom left is our immediate neighbor the dark patch heading up the screen are our pines and our house is just above that (out of this picture ) I tried to load that but it wouldnt let me ( to be a little more precise I dont know how) I farted around with it for half an hour and then gave up . Still getting the hang of it ... . Yes A marks the spot for the house . The Structure you are referring to is the "nicholson trench " about 450m deep in some spots , good fishing for Bluenose and Hapuka , but can get a bit unpredictable in the northerly . You dont know its coming until its on top of you . Nearly lost my boat around there (with son on board , so a bit more careful there . At least on the west (our side) coast you can see its coming and run for home . Have you found the bach yet ??? Gave accurate lat and long off google earth , now thats heaven ,,,,, . We have the Smiths Bay fishing competition second w/end in Feb , basically drinking fishing and playing poker till the wee hours only Bach owners and guests .. anyone interested ??
empirekitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #32
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Should be in this view! To be fair, I've included a shot of my house. Shows the solar panels and the boat in the yard. The dark green grassy area is me right at the purple inverted "v".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hans.jpg (101.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg prb.jpg (91.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by PRBuzz; 01-16-2010 at 08:14 PM..

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:54 PM   #33
empirekitchen
snappacatcha

You found me ! The photos a bit old , we built a shed between the house and the pines to put the boats and all the other crap in . Is that an inflatable you have ? Looks like a big boat . We have a 16 footer with a 50 on the back and the 12 footer with a 9.9 . Last year was the first year I went out with the youngest one (in my photoalbum holding a couple of pup groper) we had a blast , great thing when you leave work at 4.30 and youre throwing the line over the side 45 minutes later and actually catch stuff you can eat ! We did really well on the snapper last year and most out of the dinghy . So tell me where is Brockton ?? Is it the one in Plymouth County Massachusetts ?
Old 01-17-2010, 07:11 AM   #34
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by empirekitchen View Post
Is that an inflatable you have ? Looks like a big boat . So tell me where is Brockton ?? Is it the one in Plymouth County Massachusetts ?
My boat is a 21.5Ft Triumph (the plastic boat) with a Suzuki 150HP ( 215 Tournament Edition Center Console Boat : Triumph Boats ). Had it now for 2 seasons.

You have the right Brockton. Nice location for trailering a boat: north to Boston Harbor, east to Cape Cod Bay and Stellwagon Bank (off the tip of Provicetown at the tip of the Cape for blue fin tuna), south to Buzzards Bay and the Islands (Elizabeths and Martha Vineyard), and southwest to Narragansett Bay.

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:13 AM   #35
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

It is not NZ, but here's a pic of me (right) you might recognize the location.

Didn't get the opportunity to do any fishing while visiting, whirlwind business trip.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bw.jpg (81.8 KB, 2 views)

Old 01-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #36
empirekitchen
snappacatcha

Hmm just across the ditch eh , was there a couple of yrs ago too , also not fishing ! We were going to buy a boat similar to yours but went away from it as they are too heavy , will post photo of where we need to launch , and all will be revealed ! They are totally indestructible though . In NZ they are called Mac Boats . Bluefin tuna sounds good , have you been after those yet ? They are caught off our West Coast , generally mid to late winter , when the Hoki boats are fishing . Over the years the bluefin have learnt that the hoki boats provide a bonanza of easy food and as soon as they start trawling its like the dinner bell for the hoki ! Watch this guy , its a hoot , he does mad stuff , marlin off a surfboard , 800 lb bluefin ON A HAND HELD LINE no rod charlie !! Matt is a bit of a celebrity in the US I believe as well . Hes a laugh I can tell you ! The Ultimate Fishing Show - Giant Blue Fin Tuna
Anyway I have to go to work , see you , Hans
Old 01-17-2010, 04:57 PM   #37
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Quote:
Bluefin tuna sounds good , have you been after those yet ?
BFT are here for the taking from May-Nov. Here's a 200lb'er.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bft.jpg (62.2 KB, 2 views)

Old 01-17-2010, 10:43 PM   #38
empirekitchen
snappacatcha

Is this on your boat or were you with someone elses? How far out do you have to go for these ? We normally troll for them or if around the Hoki boats throw a big hunk of Hoki just behind the trawl nets . Not had any luck with liveys on them . Albacore tuna are coming in now . We are going tomorrow , 5 knot variable southerlies , hot as hell at the moment , I hate it when its freezing one day and hot the next . I am after that elusive 30 lb snpper , my best is only 16 but I will get there ! Mate of mine hooked a 32 lb one off the beach in Napier , as well as a 25 and a 23 lb'er ! Hmmm !
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled1.bmp (351.6 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by empirekitchen; 01-17-2010 at 10:50 PM..
Old 01-17-2010, 11:42 PM   #39
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Quote:
Is this on your boat or were you with someone elses? How far out do you have to go for these ?
Yes that BFT was caught using my boat. Tuna grounds are within 1/2 mile or so and extending outwards for the "tip of Cape Cod" (Provincetown) northward to Gloucester and east. Additionally there are rich tuna grounds on the outermost arm of the Cape (not shown). Waters get over 200 ft deep really close to shore. Attached is a view of Stellwagon Bank area all of which is tuna country, note the the undersea topography.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stellwagon.jpg (246.7 KB, 2 views)

Old 01-18-2010, 02:46 AM   #40
empirekitchen
snappacatcha

wow looks really interesting off Racepoint channel too where what looks like the continental shelf comes in really close to that arm of land at the very bottom right . Its spots like that where we get the big grouper (bass) . In fact talking about that , we are having a day off tomorrow to go fishing . Its a hard life but we all need to make sacrifices !!
Old 01-19-2010, 03:59 AM   #41
empirekitchen
snappacatcha

Had an easy day at the office today , as you can see in the photo not too many ripples were made . 40 Tarakihi in an hour and a half , then home . They would have to be the finest eating fish out . Filleted and lightly salt the pan to prevent the fillet sticking . Cant beat it . Max size today was only 33 cm but you cant win them all
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0595.JPG (58.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 01-21-2010, 03:12 AM   #42
empirekitchen
snappacatcha

PRBuzz the best deal to NZ is $1200 nz return
Popular Flights from New York to WellingtonAirfare from New York to Wellington on Qantas from $1199 round trip
When do we pick you up at the airport !! Thats only $860 us !!! You can even bring a bit of duty free , and have change out of $1000!
5 knot southerlies tomorrow , hunting snapper with my new reel . Got a calcutta 101 xt its beautiful . Still keen on some cheaper baitcasters l & r hand for my old boys club . Report back in the fishing dept tomorrow
Old 01-23-2010, 04:21 PM   #43
empirekitchen
snappacatcha

RAVEN are you lurking out there .... I need help . My wife sent the father inlaw some fishing photos of mine , he turned them all into 1 photo , and sent it back to mee as an attachment on his email . I would like to add this on my striper page (like you have the lion) . How do I do this , regards Hans
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NZ Hans.jpg (88.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 02-16-2010, 05:57 AM   #44
empirekitchen
snappacatcha

just came back from the annual fishing competition at the Batches ( cribs ? ) in our bay . The shots are on friday night . Over night the wind turned and we ended up with 30 knot northerlies , not 1 fish was caught , not 1 boat launched , I lost $50 at poker and put on at least 10 pounds from the food and alcohol !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000403.jpg (180.5 KB, 1 views)
Old 02-16-2010, 06:03 AM   #45
empirekitchen
snappacatcha

what it looked like on friday pm , note the large cloud bank from the north . We ended up with 1.5 m waves in the bay saturday morning at 06.00
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1000397.jpg (149.1 KB, 1 views)