Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating Ľ Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk Ľ Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #61
zimmy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Bethany CT
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo View Post
My we sure are sensitive in here. Lighten up.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Don't try to wash yourself of it by making it a problem of mine. Thanks

My eyes is goin' crazy!
zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:09 AM   #62
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Classy.

.
I almost was going to post something along the same lines.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #63
PaulS
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
PaulS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
You talking about Bill? Are you serious? Juanita Broderick has long claimed he raped her. And he paid off Paula Jones with a fat settlement. But let's ignore that.
I'm talking about the person you mentioned directly above in the post - Kennedy.
PaulS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:19 AM   #64
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
NM
"You mentioned 2 Dem. presidents in your 1st post"

Ted Kennedy killed somebody and used his money to avoid responsibility, and grew in popularity among the left.

Bill Clinton had an affair in the Oval Office, looked the public in the eye, and lied about it. His wife went on national TV and slut-shamed his victims. The 2 of them, as of last week, were enormously popular with liberals.

Trump is despised by many, many influential republicans. That's the difference between my side and your side. It is a glaring difference. I am proud of that difference.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:23 AM   #65
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I'm talking about the person you mentioned directly above in the post - Kennedy.
Ok, let's talk about Kennedy (Ted). Mary Joe agreed to let him drive off a bridge, leave her, go back to a party, and lawyer up?

Talking about Ted Kennedy, not JFK.

Paul, there are perverts on both sides. I'm not saying all Republicans are faithful to their wives. What I'm saying, is that your side is far more tolerant, far more willing to look the other way, when high-profile politicians/entertainers act this way. Yet you claim that my side is waging war on women. It's absolute nonsense.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:25 AM   #66
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
BIDEN-FRANKENSTEIN 2020

HEY JOE...THAT'S NOT YOUR WIFE....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture_24.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	64714  
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 12:41 PM   #67
BigBo
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
 
BigBo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: RockVegas
Posts: 3,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Don't try to wash yourself of it by making it a problem of mine. Thanks

The future ain't what it used to be. --Yogi Berra
BigBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:47 PM   #68
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Well why mention 2 Democrats if you're not going to mention any Republicans?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I mentioned Ted Kennedy and Bill Clinton, because they are two politicians who (1) committed disgusting acts against women, and (2) paid absolutely zero political price within their own party.

You can put Trump in that category, and that would have some validity to it. But the difference is, Trump isn't regarded as a hero by many Republicans. He's a scumbag who was lucky enough to run against somebody as horrible as he is. The Kennedys and the Clintons are worshipped by most of the left. Megyn Kelly was huge on Foxnews, and she was merciless to Trump. Who on the left, who is that popular, was as tough to Ted Kennedy, or Bill Clinton, or Hilary Clinton?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #69
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 3,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, remind me, which political party is accusing the GOP of waging a phony war on women? What's good for the goose...

Democrats have been having their cake and eating it too, for 25 years. If Trump's election showed us anything, it's that the people who live between the coasts, are tired of being told that everything they believe, is based on some form of hate. That kind of idiotic and tiresome thinking is finally enraging those on the receiving end.

If it's "political" to bring up Franken's actions, why isn't it "political" to discuss what Moore did? Please explain?
Of course itís political, why else would Trump blast Franken and say nothing about Moore. From what Iíve read Franken just stepped a bit over the line, while Moore seems to be almost a border line sex offender; but he is from the south where maybe he feels if my pappy could why not me.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:23 PM   #70
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
BIDEN-FRANKENSTEIN 2020

HEY JOE...THAT'S NOT YOUR WIFE....
You're sick and making the problem worse.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:27 PM   #71
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You're sick and making the problem worse.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
if that was a guy Biden probably wouldn't be making love to his hair
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:44 PM   #72
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Oh, so it's only an issue if the victims are still outraged by it? That makes all kinds of sense.

For the sake of argument, let's say Moore and Franken harassed women in the same exact way. Let's also assume that Franken's victim forgives him, Moore's victim does not. You are saying, in this case, Franken is fit to serve in the Senate but Moore is not? Even though they did the same exact thing?
No not at all. But that's nothat happen they are not the same thing

14 years old 8 women same story can you say child molester

Last edited by wdmso; 11-17-2017 at 06:02 PM..
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #73
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
14 years old 8 women same story can you say child molester
To consider theses the same thing is not reality
And neither one of them has been convicted of anything. Iím not sure we should take action against either one. Remember the duke lacrosse case? I do.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:14 PM   #74
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist
iTrader: (1)
 
JohnR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Somewhere between OOB & west of Watch Hill
Posts: 31,733
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBo View Post
John, my post about Barry was in jest.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I know ; ) - Some don't do it in jest - I don't like some of the things she has said in the past

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers


Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.


Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 03:10 AM   #75
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
OOPS!

POLITICS 11/17/2017

Women On Clinton And Sanders Campaigns Allege Sexual Harassment

Lilian Adams and Zoey Jordan Salsbury worked on opposite sides of the Democratic presidential primary. But they had similar problems.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b045cf43705417

geez.....you'd think based on the narrative, the Trump campaign would be riddled with sexual harassment charges...but it's the highly evolved dems????...seems like it's practically part of the culture on the left...so much so that they are happy to be photographed


HEY JOE...THAT'S NOT YOUR WIFE EITHER.....gitchy...gitchty...gooo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	021715-York-Biden-Women-Parnes.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	64715  
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:20 AM   #76
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
And neither one of them has been convicted of anything. Iím not sure we should take action against either one. Remember the duke lacrosse case? I do.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

convicted of anything.......

thats not your standard when it was Obama or Hilliary.. weinstein or spacey

but now with Moore a likely pedophile with 8 accusers you use the hasn't been convicted of anything argument .. curious
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:52 AM   #77
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 3,880
To learn that 15 million of our taxpayer dollars went to pay off sexual harassment claims is so wrong, this aholes should be paying off those claims with their own money.
Got Stripers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:17 AM   #78
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

hasn't been convicted of anything argument .. curious
it's not an argument...it's actually a "fact"...you like those

Moore should go to jail...hopefully he will be convicted...in the case of Franken...the old adage applies..."a picture is worth a thousand words"
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:49 AM   #79
zimmy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Bethany CT
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's not an argument...it's actually a "fact"...you like those

Moore should go to jail...hopefully he will be convicted...in the case of Franken...the old adage applies..."a picture is worth a thousand words"
In a way you are right. Picture shows bad taste, but he isn't touching her. Also provides a witness (photographer). It would exonerate him in that particular instance.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

My eyes is goin' crazy!
zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 10:35 AM   #80
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post

but he isn't touching her.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
he's violating her personal space
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:35 PM   #81
zimmy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Bethany CT
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
he's violating her personal space
It's not assault is the point. Not a crime. Improper, offensive, yes. Sticking his tongue down her throat may qualify, but probably tough to prosecute because she agreed to rehearse a kissing scene and he kissed her. Accusations against Moore, Spacey, H.W.Bush, the acts Trump bragged about in the video, etc. are crimes of physical sexual assault. The acts in the picture of Franken are not. Certainly tasteless.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

My eyes is goin' crazy!
zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #82
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
It's not assault is the point. Not a crime. Improper, offensive, yes. Sticking his tongue down her throat may qualify, but probably tough to prosecute because she agreed to rehearse a kissing scene and he kissed her. Accusations against Moore, Spacey, H.W.Bush, the acts Trump bragged about in the video, etc. are crimes of physical sexual assault. The acts in the picture of Franken are not. Certainly tasteless.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

I have said the same thing ... they dont care he never touched her or that theres a guy in a chair sleeping next to her (they were waiting to fly some place or she had body armor on and could see her breasts or that she accepted his apology or that he wasn't in a position of power
or like Moore or Trump or weinstein or in office


I have noticed the absent of any criticism involving Trump seeing he has said nothing about Moore .. just Whataboutism comments about franken
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 05:11 PM   #83
wdmso
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Somerset MA
Posts: 1,575
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
it's not an argument...it's actually a "fact"...you like those

Moore should go to jail...hopefully he will be convicted...in the case of Franken...the old adage applies..."a picture is worth a thousand words"

this isn't a trial in court this isn't false flag operation

its 9 American women under the age of 17 .... Did you feel the same way about bill Cosby.. it's not an argument...it's actually a "fact"...

or just funny?
wdmso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:11 PM   #84
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
convicted of anything.......

thats not your standard when it was Obama or Hilliary.. weinstein or spacey

but now with Moore a likely pedophile with 8 accusers you use the hasn't been convicted of anything argument .. curious
Jesus God almighty...

With Moore and Franken, it's a he said/she said situation. Not so when you are judging people for what they actually say and do. Am I going too fast for you?
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 08:13 PM   #85
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,528
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
I have said the same thing ... they dont care he never touched her or that theres a guy in a chair sleeping next to her (they were waiting to fly some place or she had body armor on and could see her breasts or that she accepted his apology or that he wasn't in a position of power
or like Moore or Trump or weinstein or in office


I have noticed the absent of any criticism involving Trump seeing he has said nothing about Moore .. just Whataboutism comments about franken
The Franken photo is no evidence of assault or a crime. It's rock solid evidence that he's a juvenile horse's ass. Not fit for the US Senate. He's a great candidate if they re-make the "Porky's" movies. US Senate? Not so much. Moore is also unfit I think.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:05 PM   #86
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post

Sticking his tongue down her throat may qualify, but probably tough to prosecute

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
brilliant!
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:06 PM   #87
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
this isn't a trial in court this isn't false flag operation

its 9 American women under the age of 17 .... Did you feel the same way about bill Cosby.. it's not an argument...it's actually a "fact"...

or just funny?
ummm...what part of "Moore should go to jail" confused you?
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 10:32 PM   #88
zimmy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Bethany CT
Posts: 2,234
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
brilliant!
Nice selective quote. No surprise....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

My eyes is goin' crazy!
zimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:01 PM   #89
scottw
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
scottw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,619
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Nice selective quote. No surprise....

the acts Trump bragged about in the video, etc. are crimes of physical sexual assault. The acts in the picture of Franken are not.

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Franken was standing over an "actual" woman being photographed as he was about to giver her a grab while she was sleeping...

Trump's victim in your example is imaginary, unless he grabbed Billy Bush....Franken's victim is right there in the photo...
scottw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:02 AM   #90
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 16,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
Franken was standing over an "actual" woman being photographed as he was about to giver her a grab while she was sleeping...

Trump's victim in your example is imaginary, unless he grabbed Billy Bush....Franken's victim is right there in the photo...
Your dishonesty is alarming.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com