Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-20-2008, 10:43 AM   #1
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Riddle me this...

So,
I sit here w/ 10minutes, waiting for data to process and am dwelling on a conversation I had with a colleague.. We don't have an answer for it...

Why do rural, less educated voters tend to favor Obama, when they (Pillary and Obama) are both educated, wealthy lawyers? Both self-made, from less than stellar upbringings (They aren't Kennedy's).

I really don't have a frigging clue why? is it political? racial? something else?

I'm stumped...

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #2
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

At least you see that its less educated people that favor Obama,,,,just joking, serisuls though - Is that true for black and white rural, less educated voters. I'd like to see the racial breakdown.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 05-20-2008, 11:52 AM   #3
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
At least you see that its less educated people that favor Obama,,,,just joking, serisuls though - Is that true for black and white rural, less educated voters. I'd like to see the racial breakdown.
Well, all the talking head jack-asses keep saying that rural, less educated voters support her (see KY, WV etc..) and more educated wealthier urbanites support him.

she is no less of an elitist upper class politician than him. I just don't understand...

Bryan

"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-20-2008, 12:00 PM   #4
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

One word then.....race

Sad as it is.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #5
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

also the Wright stuff

Old 05-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

and his lack of experience

Old 05-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #7
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

and his wife's comments that she is not proud of America

Old 05-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #8
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Well,
I hope it isn't race, I'd like to think we had gotten past that...

I have to say he is taking the higher road.
How many people have forgotten all the skeletons in her/Bill's closet his side could be dragging out.

I've said it before, her being in the white house for 8 years as a first lady not experience! My wife works in cardiac rehab, I can't take a blood pressure or anything else she does...

And as far as his wife's comments, not more out of context than McCain's 100years in Iraq comment.

Bryan

Old 05-20-2008, 12:56 PM   #9
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I agree. Im really uninspired by this year's candidates. I think McCain will win big unless he does or says something really stupid, which is possible.

Old 05-21-2008, 12:41 AM   #10
chunk
a man of few words

I was just watching the news and they said Obama should win Oregon because the affluent people normally go towards Obama, so I have no clue, one day they say one thing the next its the exact opposite.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:56 AM   #11
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Clinton beat Obama across all age groups, income groups and education levels in Kentucky.

Eighty-nine percent of Tuesday's voters in Kentucky were white, according to the exit polls. Among them, Clinton won 72-22 percent. Nine percent of the voters were African-American and they overwhelmingly broke for Obama, 87-7 percent.

The exit polls from Kentucky also suggest a deep division among Democrats. Watch how Clinton's win could affect the race »

Two-thirds of Clinton's supporters there said they would vote Republican or not vote at all rather than for Obama, according to the polls.

Forty-one percent of Clinton supporters said they'd cast their vote for McCain, and 23 percent said they would not vote at all.

Just 33 percent said they would back Obama in the general election, according to the polls.

Those numbers are even worse for Obama than in West Virginia one week ago, where 36 percent of Clinton voters said they would back him in the fall.

RIJIm's conclusion: Many dems would rather vote Repub, than Obama. Thats basically unheard of, especially taking into consideration how awful things are under the Bush admin. Obama does not stand a chance against McCain

Old 05-21-2008, 08:19 AM   #12
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Funny how everyone went straight to the Race card.....what about Gender??

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-21-2008, 08:41 AM   #13
Raven

Obama against McCain seems like it would be a ....no contest.

more important to me is to have president Hillary retire.