Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-02-2020, 03:58 PM   #121
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
They don’t contain personnel records.

But now that you mention it, will Trump allow all the backstage video of The Apprentice to go public? Because there are serious allegations of rape, assault and racism that he faces and victims have said there’s taped evidence.
how do you know what’s in files that he won’t release?

Pete, what does it say about the flimsiness of your beliefs, that you are incapable of responding to such a simple, obvious question?

all you have is trump. i concede he’s a scumbag, a pathetic excuse for a man, a husband, and a father. so was bill clinton, wasn’t he?

trump has nothing to do with democrats saying a year ago that we had to believe all women.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-02-2020, 05:03 PM   #122
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

how do you know what’s in files that he won’t release?

right???
Old 05-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #123
Nebe

Why don’t you guys care about the 20 plus women who have accused trump of sexual harassment ?? Sad.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:23 PM   #124
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Why don’t you guys care about the 20 plus women who have accused trump of sexual harassment ?? Sad.

added credibility to Bidens accuser?

try to stay on topic
Old 05-02-2020, 05:26 PM   #125
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
added credibility to Bidens accuser?

try to stay on topic
he can’t, because the topic doesn’t automatically support liberal=good
Old 05-02-2020, 05:28 PM   #126
Jim in CT

Quote:
(1) who says we don’t. investigate it, and if he did it, lock him up. Fair enough? did i answer your question?

(2) show me the same courtesy and answer this question...if democrats ( including biden himself) said we are to believe all women, why are they changing their tune now? Can
you please answer that? and the answer has nothing whatsoever
to do with trump.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:50 PM   #127
Nebe

I don’t care about any of them.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:36 PM   #128
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don’t care about any of them.
(1). nice dodge.

(2) obviously, you care passionately, in the negative, about Trump. so it was a demonstrably false dodge.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:06 PM   #129
Pete F.
Canceled

Unless there is a federal crime, the FBI does not investigate these kinds of allegations. They were involved with regards to Kavanaugh only because he had a background check (administrative, not criminal). White House limited witnesses who could interviewed and required them to be done in a week.
But keep trying to make nothing into something and ignoring the massive number of accusations against Trump*
When is he going to let them take a dna sample, he’s had many more intrusive swabs done for Corona.
Is it because he’s guilty, why else would he avoid it?
Old 05-02-2020, 07:23 PM   #130
Sea Dangles

Biden tap dancing. The truth matters
Old 05-02-2020, 08:53 PM   #131
Pete F.
Canceled

There is no hypocrisy. Biden has shown respect for his accuser, denied the content and asked for search for the document she said she filed. This exceeds Trump* or Kavanaugh for that matter.
The Trump* and the Kavanaugh hearing/campaign’s tack on the Biden allegation: Focus on hypocrisy, not the case against him.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-02-2020, 08:59 PM   #132
detbuch

Quote:
There is no hypocrisy. Biden has shown respect for his accuser, denied the content and asked for search for the document she said she filed. This exceeds Trump* or Kavanaugh for that matter.
The Trump* and the Kavanaugh hearing/campaign’s tack on the Biden allegation: Focus on hypocrisy, not the case against him.
Your not getting it. It's not about what Biden does or doesn't. It's about the Dems not all saying they believe the woman.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:00 PM   #133
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Your not getting it. It's not about what Biden does or doesn't. It's about the Dems not all saying they believe the woman.
5 pages and he still doesn’t get it.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-02-2020, 09:29 PM   #134
Pete F.
Canceled

The exact words matter. Facts matter. Her inconsistencies matter. Her being the lone accuser matters. Biden's asking for investigation matters.

What Trump did still matters, making it a false equivalence doesn't make it any more of nothing than it is turning out to be.

Now what about Trump's DNA test?

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-02-2020, 09:51 PM   #135
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
But that is not what was said and Trumplicans trying to make it into something it is not is what is happening.

In 2018, when Trump*s Supreme Court pick Brett M. Kavanaugh was being accused of sexual assault, Biden said this: “For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real.”

Hypocrisy is ignoring the vast number of women who have come forward with complaints and lawsuits regarding Trump* and not also asking for those to be investigated.

Can you imagine if Biden called her a liar? Or a dog??

How many issues did Trump and Pecker kill with money and NDAs?

How many settlements does Trump* have with non disclosure agreements signed. Will he be willing to be transparent? No, he hides everything because he a vile weak little man.

Maybe we should focus on the guy already in office. If Biden can’t be president because of 1 sketchy at best allegation, Trump* should resign because of the 23 or so sexual misconduct charges filed against him.

Trump*, arbiter of predation, said he found sexual assault allegations against Joe Biden “convincing” and speculated that the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee may face even more accusations.

In another statement he said “You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.”

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-02-2020, 10:27 PM   #136
Nebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
(1). nice dodge.

(2) obviously, you care passionately, in the negative, about Trump. so it was a demonstrably false dodge.
Nope. I really don’t care.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:54 PM   #137
detbuch

Quote:
Biden said this: “For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real.”
In other words, you've got to start off presuming that she is telling the truth. You said exact words matter. I presume that in your world presuming is not believing--that they're two different words so they must mean different things.

But they do share a certain "essence." And the other Dems did actually use the exact word "believe." And they were presuming and believing that Kavanaugh was guilty before any investigation and seem to still presume/believe he is.

So in "essence" they believed her. And they were vociferous about their belief/presumption.

BTW--a small matter to you no doubt--but, ironically (I presume Biden knew this), that presuming business does actually apply to the accused, by law, not to the accuser. In America we say (or we used to say) that the accused is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty, not that the accuser is presumed, in some essential way, to be right . The Dems certainly are affording Biden the benefit of that. They didn't, in essence, want to give Kavanaugh that benefit.

Last edited by detbuch; 05-02-2020 at 11:06 PM..
Old 05-03-2020, 06:25 AM   #138
Jim in CT

Quote:
There is no hypocrisy. Biden has shown respect for his accuser, .
but “respect the accuser” wasn’t the democrat slogan for Kavanaugh- it was believe the accuser.

Are you under the impression that ‘respect’ and ‘believe’ are synonymous? Because they are not. Not even close.

Biden is opposing the release of documents from the university of deleware. even msnbc asked him about that. you keep ignoring that inconvenient fact.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:29 AM   #139
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
5 pages and he still doesn’t get it.
remember what the ‘D’ in TDS stands for. When you are enslaved by an ideology, you can’t process that which doesn’t support the narrative. not one of them, not one, can admit the obvious, glaring hypocrisy. I’m a republican, and i’m sorry to say that there are all kinds of examples of republican hypocrisy. i don’t like it, but i can’t deny it.

These guys can’t admit it. not one of them.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:30 AM   #140
Jim in CT

Quote:
Nope. I really don’t care.
well the frequency of your anti trump posts, suggests you do. until
you’re on the losing side of an issue.
Old 05-03-2020, 07:32 AM   #141
scottw

....they conveniently forget the drumbeat during the kavanaugh hearings...it was insane levels and ridiculous accusations...just a few weeks ago they were killing trump for causing an "old, white, stupid, male trumplican" to eat fish tank cleaner....but truth is his democrat activist wife is now being investigated for homicide..you pick out just about any major issue the left has lost it's #^&#^&#^&#^& about(and it's hard to keep up with all of them) in recent memory and investigate and you'll find it was in many cases total bs...Nick Sandman-how'd that work out?
the daily rants here are reflective of the lunacy that occupies the heads of the American left
Old 05-03-2020, 09:52 AM   #142
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
....they conveniently forget the drumbeat during the kavanaugh hearings...it was insane levels and ridiculous accusations...just a few weeks ago they were killing trump for causing an "old, white, stupid, male trumplican" to eat fish tank cleaner....but truth is his democrat activist wife is now being investigated for homicide..you pick out just about any major issue the left has lost it's #^&#^&#^&#^& about(and it's hard to keep up with all of them) in recent memory and investigate and you'll find it was in many cases total bs...Nick Sandman-how'd that work out?
the daily rants here are reflective of the lunacy that occupies the heads of the American left
protect the narrative at all costs, even if it means ruining the life of a high school student who did nothing wrong. protect that narrative.
Old 05-04-2020, 08:03 AM   #143
Sea Dangles

Richard Komi does not believe her.
Old 05-04-2020, 09:01 AM   #144
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Richard Komi does not believe her.
Imagine if a republican offered up that brilliant theory.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 05-04-2020, 09:05 AM   #145
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
In other words, you've got to start off presuming that she is telling the truth. You said exact words matter. I presume that in your world presuming is not believing--that they're two different words so they must mean different things.

But they do share a certain "essence." And the other Dems did actually use the exact word "believe." And they were presuming and believing that Kavanaugh was guilty before any investigation and seem to still presume/believe he is.

So in "essence" they believed her. And they were vociferous about their belief/presumption.

BTW--a small matter to you no doubt--but, ironically (I presume Biden knew this), that presuming business does actually apply to the accused, by law, not to the accuser. In America we say (or we used to say) that the accused is presumed to be innocent until proven guilty, not that the accuser is presumed, in some essential way, to be right . The Dems certainly are affording Biden the benefit of that. They didn't, in essence, want to give Kavanaugh that benefit.
Kavanaugh was not investigated and his Yale classmates who could confirm the accusations were not interviewed.

Meanwhile Trump*s DNA sample is not obtainable

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-04-2020, 10:21 AM   #146
PaulS

Damn Dems. won't do what the Repubs. refused to do. Deranged.
Old 05-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #147
detbuch

Quote:
Kavanaugh was not investigated and his Yale classmates who could confirm the accusations were not interviewed.

Meanwhile Trump*s DNA sample is not obtainable
Don't see as many natural red haired people as I used to see.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:04 AM   #148
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Damn Dems. won't do what the Repubs. refused to do. Deranged.
Paul, tell me where this is wrong, please...

In the Kavanaugh mess, democrats believed that on the basis of an accusation, Kavanaugh was guilty and should step down. They are using a very different standard with Biden.

Nothing to do with Trump or Republicans.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:07 AM   #149
Pete F.
Canceled

I'd recommend an ophthalmologist.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-04-2020, 11:09 AM   #150
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Imagine if a republican offered up that brilliant theory.
Watch the local #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&s try to pretend it didn’t happen

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN