Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-05-2020, 12:34 PM   #241
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
As to your question, what I know for a fact was in his vindictive and obnoxious way, Trump was making fin of a guy who criticized him. He made fun of him in a way that he had made fun of another guy in the past suggesting that his choice of mockery wasn't necessarily related to this guy's condition. If you read Ann Coulters's article, instead of just the sentence that suited your needs, you'd see she was making the same argument I'm making, but she used hateful language to do so. and if you read any other articles you would see that all say Trump's movement are totally different from what he did w/the reporter and with the general. There are even videos online showing the differences. Hateful language that you embraced.I embrace it only to show what a vile low person he his and that the Trumplicans will do anything to support him regardless of how low he goes.

I answered your question. Any chance you can show me the same courtesy? using your logic, can I assume it's OK if I use the n-word while making fun of myself? If not, please explain the difference between that, and your defense of what Obama did.Feel free to make that argument. Most people would disagree.

It must be exhausting to have to get so creative, vague, and evasive, instead of simply answering questions and - god forbid - admitting someone else is right once in awhile.
You're the one who is wrong. You should have just stuck with he says vile things but I like his policies.
Old 05-05-2020, 12:47 PM   #242
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You're the one who is wrong. You should have just stuck with he says vile things but I like his policies.
"Feel free to make that argument. Most people would disagree"

It was your argument. Not mine

Now you're saying it wasn't you, who said that it was OK to use hate speech as long as you are poking fun at yourself. You didn't say that, to defend Obama's making fun of Special Olympians?

"it was a self-deprecating comment "

"As you were told, it was a self deprecating comment - meaning he was attempting to make a joke at his own expense"

Those are your posts, not mine. So using your argument, is it acceptable for me to use the n-word as part of a self-deprecating argument?

You backed yourself into a corner from which there is no escape.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-05-2020 at 01:13 PM..
Old 05-05-2020, 01:18 PM   #243
detbuch

Quote:
It is not believable to me that you believe Trump did not make fun of the reporter by imitating and mocking his movements - whether they were as a result of a physical or some type of mental disability. And for that reason, I think you have no credibility (and TDS).

How low we have fallen that this would even be a subject - but with Trump nothing is too low.
Paul, the reporter was not capable of making those movements. His disability prevented him from even being capable of making those movements. The reporter did not make those movements. It was physically impossible to make those movements that Trump did. There is no video showing the reporter making those movements. The only similarity of Trump's movements to those of the reporter were a mini-second freeze of Trump's moves at that exact point where his hand was in the position that the Reporter's hand is pretty much frozen by his disability. All the gyrations that Trump made were not possible for the reporter to do.

Those "spastic" movements that Trump made were also similarly made by him when talking about Ted Cruze and a military general. He was not imitating the reporter, not making fun or "mocking" him for imitating movements the reporter was not even capable of making.

See these articles: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/did...ld-back-him-up
https://canadafreepress.com/article/...abled-reporter

As you say, we have fallen this low to even making this a subject. We have been led this low by politically and emotionally motivated false representation of what happened. You have been duped by fake news.

Last edited by detbuch; 05-05-2020 at 06:57 PM..
Old 05-05-2020, 01:32 PM   #244
PaulS

Quote:
"Feel free to make that argument. Most people would disagree"

It was your argument. Not mine

Now you're saying it wasn't you, who said that it was OK to use hate speech as long as you are poking fun at yourself. You didn't say that, to defend Obama's making fun of Special Olympians?

"it was a self-deprecating comment "

"As you were told, it was a self deprecating comment - meaning he was attempting to make a joke at his own expense"

Those are your posts, not mine. So using your argument, is it acceptable for me to use the n-word as part of a self-deprecating argument?

You backed yourself into a corner from which there is no escape.
I didn't back myself into any corner bc most people don't view talking about special Olympics and bowling and using the N word and dancing as the same. Next time you are out to eat say you bowl like a special olympian and then say you dance like a N. Do you think you will get the same reaction?
Old 05-05-2020, 01:35 PM   #245
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Paul, the reporter was not capable of making those movements. His disability prevented him from even being capable of making those movements. The reporter did not make those movements. It was physically impossible to make those movements that Trump did. There is no video showing the reporter making those movements. The only similarity of Trump's movements to those of the reporter were a mini-second freeze of Trump's moves at that exact point where his hand was in the position that the Reporter's hand is pretty much frozen by his disability. All the gyrations that Trump made were not possible for the reporter to do.

Those "spastic" movements that Trump made were also similarly made by him when talking about Ted Cruze and a military general. He was not imitating the reporter, not making fun or "mocking" him for imitating movements the reporter was not even capable of making.They weren't the same movements.

See these articles:
https://www.catholics4trump.com/the-...rs-disability/

https://canadafreepress.com/article/...abled-reporter

https://townhall.com/columnists/annc...orter-n2212715

As you say, we have fallen this low to even making this a subject. We have been led this low by politically and emotionally motivated false representation of what happened. You have been duped by fake news.
You have been duped, not me. If you believe that Trump just happened coincidentally made those movements while discussing that reporter, you're so filled with hate that you can't emotionally think straight.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:00 PM   #246
detbuch

Quote:
You have been duped, not me. If you believe that Trump just happened coincidentally made those movements while discussing that reporter, you're so filled with hate that you can't emotionally think straight.
You say that they weren't the "same" movements as those he used in other instances. If you mean exactly the same, of course, it would not be possible to make exactly the same movement years apart, without rehearsal. But they were very similar. Especially with those he made when talking about Ted Cruz.

But if you're going to go the route of they're not the same, then that would apply to showing the reporter making exactly the same movements. Can you do that? Show where the reporter made exactly those same movements. I don't believe his disability would make its possible to even come close to making the same movements Trump made, not to mention exactly the same. Did the reporter make those movements? Why are you assuming that he made those movements that you claim Trump imitated?

Was Trump, "coincidentally" as you put it, mocking Cruz's movements or the General's? Was it a "coincidence" that the movements were all similar to each other? Or was Trump mocking, not physical movements, but a generic physical representation of frustrated inability to explain some contradiction--as in the reporter's attempt to cover for what he had previously reported.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:10 PM   #247
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Will you two Chowdah Heads give it a rest please
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-05-2020, 02:25 PM   #248
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Will you two Chowdah Heads give it a rest please
No #^&#^&#^&#^&. Takes all the fun out of political discussion. We used to have some good on the rails discussion back in the day....
That's why I am

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 05-05-2020, 02:32 PM   #249
Jim in CT

Quote:
I didn't back myself into any corner bc most people don't view talking about special Olympics and bowling and using the N word and dancing as the same. Next time you are out to eat say you bowl like a special olympian and then say you dance like a N. Do you think you will get the same reaction?

"talking about special Olympics "

And in what way did he "talk about" Special Olympics? Did he talk about what a great organization it is? Did he talk about how capable the athletes are? Or did he make fun of the limitations that accompany their disability?

You're right, making fun of blacks and making fun of Special Olympians isn't the same. What Obama did is worse, because skin color isn't a disability.
Old 05-05-2020, 03:34 PM   #250
PaulS

Try that with your friends at dinner and see the reaction.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:31 PM   #251
Nebe

Quote:
Does he have any?

Old 05-05-2020, 04:59 PM   #252
Jim in CT

Quote:
i don’t need to, i don’t use hate speech. since you do, why don’t you go to the special olympics some time and say “retard”, and tell us the reaction you get.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:59 PM   #253
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Does he have any?

good one!
Old 05-05-2020, 05:56 PM   #254
Jim in CT

paul, if i used the n word in public, id expect to get pummeled. if i made fun of special olympian’s for not being athletic, i’d expect to make disabled people cry.

is the former so much worse to you? again, since your side has no problem eliminating special olympian’s from existence at birth, maybe that’s no surprise.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:09 PM   #255
detbuch

Quote:
They weren't the same movements.

So, Paul, you claim that Trump imitated the reporters movements. Serge Kovaleski, the reporter, suffers from a congenital joint condition which severely restricts his ability to move his arms. Do you have some proof, another video perhaps, which shows Kovaleski making the "same movements" you said that Trump imitated. It is very doubtful (probably impossible) that Kovaleski is able to move the way Trump did in the video.

The only similarity between Trump's movements and Kovaleski that is found in searching this controversy is a freeze frame of that exact moment in Trump's wild gestures that his hand is bent at the wrist in front of his chest like Kovaleski's seems to be permanently paralyzed--a wrist bend that Trump often has in parts of his gestures when speaking.

But can't find any videos where kovaleski even moves his arms at all. I don't think it would be possible for him to move his arms the way Trump did. And if he tried, it would probably be too painful, if at all possible, to do so, and would not be worth the attempt for any purpose other than an attempt to ward off some kind of attacker or killer bee trying to sting him.

Trump actually has admitted that he mimicked what he thought would be a flustered reporter trying to get out of a statement he made long ago. That is, he was not mocking or imitating the movements of a disabled person, but rather his version of someone frustratingly trying to explain away a lie he got caught telling. Which is the very similar hand waving way he was filmed doing on other occasions when he mocked others who were trying to do the same type of weak self vindication.

I would hate to think that I am so filled with hate that I can't emotionally think straight, as you claim. But it just seems that the evidence shows that Trump was not imitating Kovaleski's movements, that he was imitating some stock version of frustration. So if you could, please, show some verification that Kovaleski actually moved like that, which so coincidentally resembles what Trump has been filmed doing a few times before, I would appreciate being relieved of the burden of hate you've found in me of which I have not even been aware. And also would like to be shown the truth that will allow me to "emotionally think straight" as you put it.

Though, I must admit, for me, my emotions and my thinking are different things. And when I let my emotions color or direct my thinking, it tends to blot out all rationality and logic--ergo my thinking, then, is not very "straight." All the more reason for me to be shown the truth in this aforementioned mocking situation. No doubt the real truth will meld my thinking and my emotion about it into a very straight "emotional thinking" and enlightened vision of the real reality.

Much appreciation, therefor, if you could show Kovaleski making the moves that Trump imitated.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:31 PM   #256
Pete F.
Canceled

The master of verbosity strikes a blow, cushioned in a plethora of words to disguise the fact that his sword has no edge and is made of naught but false beliefs in a shallow weak man.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:43 PM   #257
Sea Dangles

Thanks for the poetry Bitchslappedboy.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:53 PM   #258
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Thanks for the poetry Bitchslappedboy.
I think it's called doggerel.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:17 AM   #259
Pete F.
Canceled

Ah sweetness, you will learn.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:35 AM   #260
scottw

I think we need an investigation into why skinny paul steals his friends fishing spots.....
Old 05-06-2020, 10:49 AM   #261
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
I think we need an investigation into why skinny paul steals his friends fishing spots.....
I do wear skinny pants. Peter Millar, vince, etc. I think it has to do with my 50 mile bike rides.

I'm a little perplexed at that given I've never fished a spot a 2nd time* that anyone from this site as taken me to so it would be impossible for anyone to say I've stolen a spot. I've been taken out in boats 3x and since I don't have a boat it can't be those spots. I've been out 4-5 x surfcasting with different folks and *the only time I have fished a spot I went to with someone here was 1x driving to the canal I was talking to someone who said I should instead go out in my wetsuit to another spot we fished together previously.

I attribute that comment to him not being that smart so he couldn't think of anything to say but wanted to try to insult me.
Old 05-06-2020, 10:56 AM   #262
scottw

Quote:
I do wear skinny pants. Peter Millar, vince, etc. I think it has to do with my 50 mile bike rides.

I'm a little perplexed at that given I've never fished a spot a 2nd time* that anyone from this site as taken me to so it would be impossible for anyone to say I've stolen a spot. I've been taken out in boats 3x and since I don't have a boat it can't be those spots. I've been out 4-5 x surfcasting with different folks and *the only time I have fished a spot I went to with someone here was 1x driving to the canal I was talking to someone who said I should instead go out in my wetsuit to another spot we fished together previously.

I attribute that comment to him not being that smart so he couldn't think of anything to say but wanted to try to insult me.
you sound defensive...we will need more evidence and perhaps call some witnesses
Old 05-06-2020, 02:46 PM   #263
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
you sound defensive...we will need more evidence and perhaps call some witnesses
I knew he would not own up to it. It would involve showing integrity. Not going to happen.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 05-06-2020, 04:13 PM   #264
PaulS

Quote:
I knew he would not own up to it. It would involve showing integrity. Not going to happen.
Give us some more info scumbag. You got to lose some more weight you fat turd. As soon as you put that 20 back on your lifespan will probably be only another 15 years. You'll just feel your chest tightening up, gasping for air and then falling over. No big loss since you don't earn any $. LOL

Last edited by PaulS; 05-06-2020 at 05:16 PM..
Old 05-06-2020, 05:55 PM   #265
scottw

Quote:

Give us some more info scumbag. You got to lose some more weight you fat turd. As soon as you put that 20 back on your lifespan will probably be only another 15 years. You'll just feel your chest tightening up, gasping for air and then falling over. No big loss since you don't earn any $. I do wear skinny pants.

fixed it
Old 05-06-2020, 06:02 PM   #266
Jim in CT

Quote:
Give us some more info scumbag. You got to lose some more weight you fat turd. As soon as you put that 20 back on your lifespan will probably be only another 15 years. You'll just feel your chest tightening up, gasping for air and then falling over. No big loss since you don't earn any $. LOL
Paul, for god's sake, you denied your own logic in this thread. You claimed your logic, was my logic. Look at this post of yours. Seriously?
Old 05-06-2020, 06:25 PM   #267
PaulS

Quote:
Paul, for god's sake, you denied your own logic in this thread. You claimed your logic, was my logic. Look at this post of yours. Seriously?
Am I supposed to follow that
Old 05-06-2020, 06:32 PM   #268
Jim in CT

Quote:
Am I supposed to follow that
Yes, you were.

On this thread, you said that hate speech is acceptable if used in a self-deprecating way. Then when I used an example, you claimed that was my logic, not yours.

That was before you said it would be no bog deal if someone died.

It's a good thing you're not angry.

You're coming completely un-glued. And i'm not saying that because we usually disagree, I'm not saying it to get you riled up. Read your posts on this thread. You like to go on and on about lecturing me about how you were raised better than me, that I have no class, etc. While those two things may both be true, you wouldn't know it from reading your posts here.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:32 PM   #269
Jim in CT

Quote:
You did it. You broke his brain.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:46 PM   #270
PaulS

Quote:
Yes, you were.

On this thread, you said that hate speech is acceptable if used in a self-deprecating way. Then when I used an example, you claimed that was my logic, not yours.

That was before you said it would be no bog deal if someone died.

It's a good thing you're not angry.

You're coming completely un-glued. And i'm not saying that because we usually disagree, I'm not saying it to get you riled up. Read your posts on this thread. You like to go on and on about lecturing me about how you were raised better than me, that I have no class, etc. While those two things may both be true, you wouldn't know it from reading your posts here.
So I'm supposed to take his vile scummy lies? He hasn't added a single thing since he started posting here. Just as with you I've never insulted him first. And I'm a little concerned with him he has a Rollie Pollie body type with a fat stomach so he has an worst chance of long term survival. His BMI is probably over 30 so he hss a good chance being diabetic. So I'll ask why should I take his insult?