Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 04-01-2020, 08:03 AM   #1
wdmso

World pollution

Seeing we have many global warming is a hoax or man has no influence
In our government and a few here

How did the world lock down over Covid 19. Result in cleaner air for major cities aka big drops in air pollution

Not suggesting we have a pandemic to fix the planet , but it seems to work in the short term
Old 04-01-2020, 08:31 AM   #2
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

How did the world lock down over Covid 19. Result in cleaner air for major cities aka big drops in air pollution

Not suggesting we have a pandemic to fix the planet , but it seems to work in the short term
Do you think global warming and air pollution are the same thing?

I also wonder if you are surprised that a shutdown in global manufacturing resulted in cleaner air.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-01-2020, 08:42 AM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:

I happen to be someone who believes that things are changing, and that man is having an adverse impact, and that we need non-partisans to study the issue.

However, can I ask you a question? Do you have any idea, where the money comes from that pays the salaries of public unionized employees? Do you think the state just prints it and gives it to you?

You want a nice salary with amazing benefits and presumably the ability to earn lots of lucrative overtime, do you grasp how that is paid for? You need a healthy, robust, vibrant, thriving economy to have any chance of paying for all that.

You want to stifle the entire private sector, yet you want more and more in your public sector job. It's stupefying. Do you think every single person in the private sector is wealthy, that every company in the private sector has the balance sheet of Apple?

It's very simple math. Liberals HATE simple math. You want jillions of dollars to provide free everything, but you don't want to develop the private sector that needs to generate that necessary wealth. A baby sees how devoid of logic it is.
Old 04-01-2020, 11:20 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:

shhhhhh...trump will take credit for saving the planet from global warming
Old 04-01-2020, 11:32 AM   #5
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Do you think global warming and air pollution are the same thing?

I also wonder if you are surprised that a shutdown in global manufacturing resulted in cleaner air.
Clearly you think air pollution has nothing to do with global warming. I am shocked
Old 04-01-2020, 11:33 AM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I happen to be someone who believes that things are changing, and that man is having an adverse impact, and that we need non-partisans to study the issue.

However, can I ask you a question? Do you have any idea, where the money comes from that pays the salaries of public unionized employees? Do you think the state just prints it and gives it to you?

You want a nice salary with amazing benefits and presumably the ability to earn lots of lucrative overtime, do you grasp how that is paid for? You need a healthy, robust, vibrant, thriving economy to have any chance of paying for all that.

You want to stifle the entire private sector, yet you want more and more in your public sector job. It's stupefying. Do you think every single person in the private sector is wealthy, that every company in the private sector has the balance sheet of Apple?

It's very simple math. Liberals HATE simple math. You want jillions of dollars to provide free everything, but you don't want to develop the private sector that needs to generate that necessary wealth. A baby sees how devoid of logic it is.
Wow you went off the rails who ever suggested any of what you wrote besides you over active imagination
Old 04-01-2020, 12:11 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wow you went off the rails who ever suggested any of what you wrote besides you over active imagination
Private sector provides every single cent that funds the public sector. That's my imagination?
Old 04-01-2020, 12:43 PM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Private sector provides every single cent that funds the public sector. That's my imagination?
That has nothing to do with this shut down has cleaned the air
Old 04-01-2020, 01:44 PM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
That has nothing to do with this shut down has cleaned the air
but liberals such as yourself are constantly calling for restraints on the private sector, constantly complaining about the evils of the private sector.

because you believe that you can get your paycheck and benefits regardless of whether the private sector is booming or in a depression, you don’t understand the benefits of a healthy economy or the drawbacks of a struggling economy. have you ever herd a public union say “the economy is struggling, so we need to re negotiate our compensation like everyone else has to do?”.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:55 PM   #10
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Clearly you think air pollution has nothing to do with global warming. I am shocked
Wait !!!!
This just in.......
The ice cap is forming again
Just like that!

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 04-02-2020, 07:27 AM   #11
wdmso

Quote:
Wait !!!!
This just in.......
The ice cap is forming again
Just like that!
While Arctic ice is melting at a record pace, a team of NASA-led researchers say they can explain why Antarctic sea ice has been edging in the opposite direction. That paradox has puzzled scientists for years and given climate-change deniers fodder to dispute global warming.

Guess it's working
Old 04-02-2020, 07:46 AM   #12
Sea Dangles

Yup, all in the last 2 months. Good grief you suffered a brain injury.🤡
Old 04-08-2020, 07:20 AM   #13
wdmso

Coronavirus lockdown sees air pollution plummet across UK

Some cities have seen nitrogen dioxide (NO2) levels fall by up to 60% on the same period last year, analysis shows.

NO2, released from car exhausts, is a serious air pollutant and also indirectly contributes to the warming of the planet.

In 2 weeks
Old 04-08-2020, 08:15 AM   #14
Sea Dangles

Let’s outlaw cars and save ourselves.🤦🏽#^&♂️
Old 04-24-2020, 09:23 AM   #15
wdmso

https://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_a...delhi-vanishes

For our visual members
Old 04-24-2020, 09:26 AM   #16
Sea Dangles

Clean air will do that.
New Green Deal is working
Old 04-24-2020, 05:44 PM   #17
scottw

Quote:
Let’s outlaw cars and save ourselves.🤦🏽#^&♂️
cars and boats
Old 04-24-2020, 07:26 PM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Have you seen anyone here deny, that if the entire economy is shut down, that the air will be cleaner? Have you heard anyone deny, that massive-scale manufacturing pollutes the air, and that shutting that down, will clarify the air? Of course it does. The only question is, is it worth the societal cost? Probably not.
Old 04-25-2020, 05:25 AM   #19
scottw

Quote:

Have you seen anyone here deny, that if the entire economy is shut down, that the air will be cleaner?

your genius is truly remarkable
Old 04-25-2020, 09:03 AM   #20
wdmso

Bill Maher said it best Americans are disturbed with unexpected large scale deaths
Mass shooting air plane crashes in and now covid 19 and will jump into action to reduce such deaths

But with pollution. Which kills millions and global warming endangering future generations... we drag our feet fight technology that will help but may cost a little so the answers no way
Yet we between farmers and the current small buiness bail out of 885 billion

Some of the Green New Deal (GND) looks like a bargain... and the images of clear air can be sustainable with clean energy alternatives

The first electric car in the United States was developed in 1890-91

But lobbyists control congress so emission or gas standards

But the results in just 1 months time ,,, are amazing
Old 04-25-2020, 09:34 AM   #21
Sea Dangles

That dude is funny.
Old 04-25-2020, 10:03 AM   #22
detbuch

Quote:
That dude is funny.
And he's a really good source for information. Wonder if he's ever been fact checked.
Old 04-25-2020, 10:16 AM   #23
detbuch

Did quick search, it seems re Politifact that Maher is around 60% reliable. But that was limited to true and false. Didn't give the "big picture" (i.e. bias, etc.)
Old 04-25-2020, 10:53 AM   #24
Nebe

Maher is the ha it’s of the left. Entertainment based “news”. He’s funny AF though.
Old 04-25-2020, 11:25 AM   #25
wdmso

what i posted was his opinion ... not sure what needs to be fact checked ? the bail out money talk and green new deal was my opinion
Old 04-25-2020, 11:28 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
Bill Maher said it best Americans are disturbed with unexpected large scale deaths
Mass shooting air plane crashes in and now covid 19 and will jump into action to reduce such deaths

But with pollution. Which kills millions and global warming endangering future generations... we drag our feet fight technology that will help but may cost a little so the answers no way
Yet we between farmers and the current small buiness bail out of 885 billion

Some of the Green New Deal (GND) looks like a bargain... and the images of clear air can be sustainable with clean energy alternatives

The first electric car in the United States was developed in 1890-91

But lobbyists control congress so emission or gas standards

But the results in just 1 months time ,,, are amazing
if we all quit working and driving and shut down all factories, are you willing to waive your pension and health insurance? if not, those things must be funded in the private sector, which i’m sorry to say requires a good deal of commerce, which causes pollution. .
Old 04-25-2020, 11:51 AM   #27
detbuch

Quote:
what i posted was his opinion ... not sure what needs to be fact checked ? the bail out money talk and green new deal was my opinion
Oh, so it wasn't in order to back up your opinion . . . just to inform us, as if we cared or needed to know what Maher's opinion is. You are one of those who isn't even interested in discussing an opinion, a video, but would rather depend on some "fact check" to supposedly discredit it. When that is turned around on you, oohhhh, not important, not necesessarily your opinion, just posted it in case we might in some remote way be interested in Maher's opinion which, of course, doesn't reflect at all on your own opinion.

You're a fraud.
Old 04-25-2020, 04:45 PM   #28
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Oh, so it wasn't in order to back up your opinion . . . just to inform us, as if we cared or needed to know what Maher's opinion is. You are one of those who isn't even interested in discussing an opinion, a video, but would rather depend on some "fact check" to supposedly discredit it. When that is turned around on you, oohhhh, not important, not necesessarily your opinion, just posted it in case we might in some remote way be interested in Maher's opinion which, of course, doesn't reflect at all on your own opinion.

You're a fraud.

fraudster funny coming from someone who post video after video, suggesting their content are fact and Truths .. not opinions. Then demanding others disprove their content .. And all your YouTube links are solely to back up your opinions .... that much is certain
Old 04-25-2020, 04:46 PM   #29
wdmso

Quote:
if we all quit working and driving and shut down all factories, are you willing to waive your pension and health insurance? if not, those things must be funded in the private sector, which i’m sorry to say requires a good deal of commerce, which causes pollution. .
There you go again off the rails covering ground that was never suggested
Old 04-25-2020, 07:55 PM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
fraudster funny coming from someone who post video after video,

I'll call that an exaggeration rather than a lie. I think you actually believe that I post video after video. Video after video is a rhetorical construction or locution that suggests an endless procession of videos or an excessive, fairly continuous, number of them. I don't post that many, especially compared to the number of non-video posts I submit. Nor much more or less than you do. Or others, such as Pete F, do. But it is a bit fraudulent that you do want to imply that I do post a whole lot, probably more than is necessary or useful.

suggesting their content are fact and Truths .. not opinions.

Another somewhat fraudulent comment. I don't "suggest" that they are fact or truth or opinion (which any or all of them might be all three of those things at the same time). I post them for discussion (which you usually don't engage in, but rather search for some way to kill the messenger).

Then demanding others disprove their content ..

Again, with the fraud. I don't post them in order to demand that "others" disprove their content. I only ask that after "others" (usually you) try to prove them wrong without even bothering to discuss them, or without even looking at them, but instead they try to disprove them because of who is saying them--kill the messenger without even discussing or looking at the message.

You're free to agree or disagree, but at least have the common courtesy of discussing what you agree or disagree with. Trying to discredit the speaker by relating what others have said about him or her and not about the video, is a way of deceitfully painting it as wrong or worse. It is a form of fraud.

And all your YouTube links are solely to back up your opinions .... that much is certain
I have never distanced myself from the videos I've posted, never have said or implied that they are not a way of expressing my opinion.

You implied that Maher's statement was "his" opinion (ergo not yours) as if it had nothing to do with the rest of your post. You said your opinion was about the green new deal.

Either you began your post merely, I guess we're to assume, in case for some reason we might be interested in that factoid--an off the cuff unconnected opinion of Maher's--which wasn't relevant to the rest of your "real" post, or it really was connected to and informed the context of the rest of your post--which it did. And you obviously intended it to. Fraud.