Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 12-02-2004, 08:56 AM   #1
fishweewee

Send a message via AIM to fishweewee
Question What has been your most bizarre dream?

Few dreams make a lasting impression in the waking hours.

Last night, I had this really screwed up dream.

I was somewhere, and I sat down to detach my head from my body to straighten something on my head out (must have been a gnat crawling around or a scalp zit or something). Somebody was blowing air down my torso to keep me breathing. I put my head back on and then...

I woke up.

Is this f***ed up or what?
fishweewee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:04 AM   #2
Bronko

I don't remember many of my dreams, but last night was weird. Was in a house and everyone was saying "don't open the doors there are thousands of snakes in there." Of course I immediately opened the door to see. A couple of hundred snakes got out before I could close the door. I had to chase them around the house to contain them all.

My analysis... I Just opened a new Law firm recently, lots of work and complicated issues that need to be resolved. Lots of stress.

Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:08 AM   #3
MakoMike

FWW,
You are suffering with close to terminal fish head disease. The only solution is for you to send me all of your fishing equipment and vow to stay as far from the water as possible!

****MakoMike****

Http://www.Makomania.net

Official S-B Sponsor
MakoMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:39 AM   #4
chris L

you need a drink Ben !
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 10:49 AM   #5
Fishpart
Keep The Change

I found myself fishing off a piece of rock floating in space with............ iluvspots and Interplantary Angler was rummaging through my plug bag

Dude you should send your head out to get checked......

Last edited by Fishpart; 12-03-2004 at 08:11 AM..

“It’s not up to the courts to invent new minorities that get special protections,” Antonin Scalia
Fishpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 11:53 AM   #6
Rappin Mikey
My brother is bald

I had a weird one last night. In my dream it was the night before my wedding. However, the person I was going to be marrying was my fiance's 90 year old Great Aunt Alice. The funny thing is I remeber knowing something was off in the dream but couldn't quite place my finger on it??

seals + plovers =
Rappin Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 12:04 PM   #7
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
Good thing you didn't put a finger on it. eeeewwwwww
About a week or so ago I had a CSI inspired dream. Trying to clean up the crime scene, and hide all the evidence...damn Nyquil...The sniffling, sneezing, wake up on the kitchen floor wondering where the F you are medicine...

Used hard and put away dirty....
reelecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 03:43 PM   #8
rhodyflyguy

being in a gay bar drunk

fishing is not a love, but an obsession
rhodyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:08 PM   #9
chris L

you know what they say about dreams .

it is what you wish would happen in real life
chris L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 05:11 PM   #10
bart
Red Eye Jedi

bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 05:29 PM   #11
S-Journey

My most bizarre dream is reocurring and happens a few times a year for as long as I can remmember.

I'm in the armed services, US I presume not sure though. The dream is always the same and lasts a while, but I'm just going to comment on the end of it. There is a big field with farm houses along the right hand side. I'm walking along the edge of the field looking over at the farm houses with another group of solders. We are looking into the yards of the farm houses for enemy troops I think. All of a sudden a bunch of nazi f'ers come running out screaming and yelling. I can tell they are german by the uniforms, language and that damn grenade! I shoot a few of them and they keep coming out, tons of them in slow motion until one of them throws one of those grenades with the wooden handles on it towards me. It explodes on the ground in front of me and I can feel the heat from the explosion(no *hit) and the shrapnel then I wake up.

I hate that dream, and I get chills whenever I here someone talking german:-)

P.S. I've never been in the armed forces and have no idea why this dream keeps coming up? I didn't even know the germans used grenades like that until I finaly looked it up and sure as %^$# it was german
S-Journey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 05:52 PM   #12
Backbeach Jake

This one woke me up laughing.
I was a State Trooper and of coure the State was short of money and couldn't give me a cruiser. So I got a tricycle. With a blue flashlight but no siren. Had to make the noise myself. Noboby got away 'cos I would cut across lawns and stuff. I woke up laughig my butt off and the wife just gave me THE LOOK.
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:08 PM   #13
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

what a bunch of certifiable WACKOS
UserRemoved1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:10 PM   #14
Fish_n_Dive

Send a message via AIM to Fish_n_Dive
Quote:
I was a State Trooper and of coure the State was short of money and couldn't give me a cruiser. So I got a tricycle. With a blue flashlight but no siren. Had to make the noise myself. Noboby got away 'cos I would cut across lawns and stuff
i think that was on southpark

If I don't have anything to do with the water, It ain't worth doing.
Fish_n_Dive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:34 PM   #15
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Worst dream, falling
Best dream, money under my bed

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:10 PM   #16
mrmacey
Fishing Chauffeur

Send a message via AIM to mrmacey
heres one

I dont know if its a dream or Im awake it happens when your trying to go to sleep you feel like your awake but cant move anything, As hard as you try you cant move! but you feel like your awake and you want the wife or something to move you so you will wake up really wierd feeling. anyone else experience this.
mrmacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:15 PM   #17
fishaholic18
Finally

I just woke up from a nap, I was dreaming of Mr. Macy with some Retired flexible guy in a limo.

F-18®
It IsWhat It Is

¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º >¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((( º>
fishaholic18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:23 PM   #18
mrmacey
Fishing Chauffeur

I had a bad dream

that I was being followed around on SB.com by someone that really wants my flexible position but just cant come to grips!
Old 12-02-2004, 08:44 PM   #19
Rappin Mikey
My brother is bald

Mr. Macey! Your making the hairs on my back stand up. I've been having that dream for as long as I can remember. I use to think I was getting possessed or abducted. However, I think it is just a sleep dissorder. Probably an adult version of the "night terror" typically experienced by children. Whatever it is, it is one of the scariest most helpless feelings a person could ever have. It is almost like demons are trying to suck out your soul. You feel like you are awake, you can actually see yourself sleeping and want to wake up but you can't. (it is very similar to an out of body experience) One feels if they don't wake up at any second they will die. You mustard up all of the strength you have in your body to try and move and scream for help. But it seems like you are stuck in slow motion, and the only thing that comes out of your mouth is a faint squeak. Anyway, sound familiar Macey???

The only thing that makes me feel better is that my brother has a sleep dissorder as well. He is a sleep walker/eater. That can be scary when a person decides to cook while they are still asleep.

Last edited by Rappin Mikey; 12-02-2004 at 08:51 PM..

seals + plovers =
Old 12-03-2004, 01:47 AM   #20
Skip N

"I didn't even know the germans used grenades like that until I finaly looked it up and sure as %^$# it was german"

Potato mashers they are often called scary ass dream though....Damn krauts!

I remeber having a dream once when i was younger and i guess i was fighting in the Civil War or whatnot, I remember being backed up against an old brick building and getting bayoneted in the belly! I guess i shouldnt have wathced all those army movies before bed
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:01 AM   #21
mrmacey
Fishing Chauffeur

so mikey

I am not crazy you described it to a t Mikey ever try and just relax and go through it!! you know LOL, it seems everytime that happens I want to wake myself up because im scared Im vunlerable if someone was to come at me I wouldnt be able to move I dont know if this condition is chemical induced by that I mean aclohol or drug because Ive been clean for 8 years and it still happens all I know is I dont like it and dont know how to fix it.

By the way is it cool to have something in common with you!!
Old 12-03-2004, 07:46 AM   #22
Van
zoom

Plenty of bizarre dreams.

Some of the strnagest involved a tub of jelly, some pretty ladies, a whiffle ball bat, bicycle tires and various farm animals.

I need meds....

~..~..~.. ><((((º>
Things done at the last possible minute are done with the greatest possible information. Procrastination is, therefore, the most efficient means of doing things.
Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:10 AM   #23
Rappin Mikey
My brother is bald

Macey, it definitely isn't chemically induced. One of my buddies, a goody two-shoes who barely even drinks, has the same dream. Do you sometimes hear a weird faint buzzing sound in the backround?

seals + plovers =
Old 12-03-2004, 08:54 AM   #24
reelecstasy
Boston Anglah

Location: Sitting on top of the world with my legs hangin free
Quote:
Originally posted by fishaholic18 I just woke up from a nap, I was dreaming of Mr. Macy with some Retired flexible guy in a limo.
LMAO too funny Dave...

Used hard and put away dirty....
reelecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:01 AM   #25
Jimbo

Hey, I have that can't move dream. Usually I'm convinced there's an intruder in the house and I'm trying to move to get up and protect the family only that seems to make it worse.
I also have a recurring dream about high school and not being able to remember the combination to my locker when I was in 10th grade. The details of the area around the locker are so vivid. One second there's people around the next they're all gone and I'm frantically trying to get my locker open and get to class before the late bell rings. Had the same dream about my locker senior year, but not junior, so I guess maybe I have "unresolved issues" about 10th and 12th.
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 11:58 AM   #26
fishweewee

Lightbulb Re: heres one

Quote:
Originally posted by mrmacey
I dont know if its a dream or Im awake it happens when your trying to go to sleep you feel like your awake but cant move anything, As hard as you try you cant move! but you feel like your awake and you want the wife or something to move you so you will wake up really wierd feeling. anyone else experience this.
Mike - it's sleep paralysis. You're at an elevated level of consciousness but your body thinks your asleep.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:58 PM   #27
Rappin Mikey
My brother is bald

What exactly do you mean "elevated state of consciousness".

seals + plovers =
Old 12-03-2004, 01:03 PM   #28
mrmacey
Fishing Chauffeur

Jimbo

Knows what we are talking about. I cant even get myself to put a smiley with this because it is so serious some guys here probably think we are kidding but Im dead serious on this one I feel for anyone that has experienced this feeling it sucks plain and simple.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:04 PM   #29
fishweewee

Lightbulb

Yeah, it's pretty annoying if not terrifying.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:16 PM   #30
Jimbo

interesting theory about the paralyzing dream. I could swear I'm wide awake when it happens, but everytime thinking back I don't remember staying awake, so it must have been a dream.

How about waking up from mid-dream and trying to get back into it? Anyone ever been able to pick up where you left off?
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote