Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-12-2019, 06:33 PM   #271
spence

Good thing the impeachment hearings are based on sworn testimony and not memes
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 11-12-2019, 07:14 PM   #272
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Good thing the impeachment hearings are based on sworn testimony and not memes

Can you really swear to be truthful in your recollection of what your impression was of someone else's impression of what someone else said they heard someone else say?

Trump's done for now!

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:27 PM   #273
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelinRod View Post
Can you really swear to be truthful in your recollection of what your impression was of someone else's impression of what someone else said they heard someone else say?

Trump's done for now!
Sure, especially when there are notes, texts and seriously credible professionals.

Keep spinning, smearing good people and trying to throw sand in everyone’s eyes. It’s not working.
Old 11-12-2019, 07:59 PM   #274
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
What do you want to see, screengrabs of the call that I mention, quotes from Volker's statement?

This entire "thing" is about Trump's intent, why was the aid held up????

I contend the reason is simply what Trump has always maintained; he wasn't sending millions of dollars to a corrupt government.

Plenty of people have said that was a primary concern of Trump's, plenty of people have acknowledged that corruption was Normal Operating Procedure for all things Ukrainian and Zelenskyy ran on a platform of eradicating it . . . Trump wanted assurances that was happening before he released the $$$$$$.

OTOH, you guys have an ever evolving Rube Goldberg of feelings and interpretations of impressions of second hand water-cooler innuendo and gossip of Trump-hating leftist A-holes.

A-holes who resented to their core that Trump would dare proceed with any foreign policy without their direction, approval and hand-holding, thus the Marxist pogrom of seditious leaks and duplicitous backstabbing of Trump, all towards undermining him with supporters and culminating in this attempted soft coup, disguised as impeachment intended to influence the 2020 election.

May you cry inconsolably when he is reelected and be rendered so emotionally incapacitated that no therapy can help; you deserve nothing less!

In true Trumplican fashion modeled after the master with a slightly nuanced twist on “many people say”
Impressive, not

Tomorrow the very noble leader of Turkey will visit, are his thugs coming with him, will they speak of corruption and laundering Iranian funds.
You’re dreaming if you think Trump cares about corruption

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-12-2019, 08:16 PM   #275
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Tomorrow the very noble leader of Turkey will visit, are his thugs coming with him, will they speak of corruption and laundering Iranian funds
Maybe they’ll beat up some protesters again.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:32 PM   #276
Pete F.
Canceled

Perhaps this would shed some light on the “corruption” issue in Ukraine

Long before President Trump ordered a halt to security assistance, the Secretary of Defense—in coordination with Secretary Pompeo—twice certified that Ukraine had made sufficient reforms to decrease corruption and increase accountability, and that the country could ensure accountability for U.S. provided military equipment. Further, after OMB held the assistance to Ukraine in July, the Department of Defense (DOD) conducted an additional analysis and concluded that the assistance was effective and should be resumed. [Amb. Taylor testimony, 10/22/19]. Finally, before the July 2019 hold, the Trump administration had approved sending foreign assistance to Ukraine nearly 50 separate times without ever holding it because of concerns that it would be diverted due to corruption.

Congress Mandated Corruption Certifications: In 2016, Congress began requiring a certification for a portion of the funds from the congressionally-created Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative. [P.L. 114-328, FY2017 NDAA]. To spend more than half of the authorized funds, DOD, in coordination with the State Department, must certify that certain anti-corruption reforms have taken place. The eligible amount has varied based on authorizations, but, for FY2019, $125 million was subject to certification.

The Certifications: DOD’s certifications specifically noted that Ukraine had improved its ability to ensure accountability of U.S.-provided military equipment—raising the question of why Pompeo did not trust an assessment that he had twice approved. To issue the certification, DOD assessed civilian control of the military, oversight of the military, transparency and accountability in defense procurement, and inventory management in the defense industrial sector, among other things. DOD certified both times that substantial actions had been taken sufficient to comply with the law.

On July 13, 2018, DOD certified that Ukraine had taken actions sufficient to release security assistance funds. DOD cited passage of a national security law that supported reforms for civilian control of the military, parliamentary oversight of the defense sector, and transparency in defense budgets. Notably, the assessment stated that Ukraine had improved its ability to ensure accountability for U.S. provided equipment. [DOD CN].
On May 23, 2019, DOD again certified that Ukraine had taken substantial actions to decrease corruption, increase accountability, and sustained improved combat capability enabled by U.S. assistance. DOD recommended providing $125 million in military assistance, including for counter-artillery radars and defensive weapons. According to DOD, the U.S. had helped Ukraine advance reforms, including adopting legislation to reform defense procurement, and strengthened civilian control of the military reform. The certification further noted that Ukraine had improved its ability to ensure accountability for U.S. provided equipment. [DOD CN].

I guess this was due to the incompetent management of the Floridaman administration or did it just not align with their narrative
Old 11-12-2019, 09:53 PM   #277
Sea Dangles

👌🍔
Old 11-12-2019, 10:48 PM   #278
Pete F.
Canceled

Let's say for argument’s sake that Hunter Biden was really part of some corruption. That wouldn’t justify Floridaman withholding aid or having his minions insist on a public announcement aimed not at reducing corruption but at providing ammunition against Floridaman’s likely opponent. Everything about Rudy's theatrics and the need for a public announcement shows this. So does Floridaman’s and his Trumplicans inability to point to any investigations of corruption he has asked for that do not involve Biden.
So the impeachment investigation is about what Floridaman was asking for and why, and that doesn't change even if you think that Hunter Biden was guilty of something. There is no mystery about Joe Biden's actions to get the prosecutor in Ukraine fired, that was an international goal targeted at reducing corruption, and there's no indication (indeed, there is evidence to the contrary) that it was to inhibit investigation into Hunter. So this is a side show.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:23 PM   #279
detbuch

Quote:
Let's say for argument’s sake that Hunter Biden was really part of some corruption. That wouldn’t justify Floridaman withholding aid or having his minions insist on a public announcement aimed not at reducing corruption but at providing ammunition against Floridaman’s likely opponent. Everything about Rudy's theatrics and the need for a public announcement shows this. So does Floridaman’s and his Trumplicans inability to point to any investigations of corruption he has asked for that do not involve Biden.
So the impeachment investigation is about what Floridaman was asking for and why, and that doesn't change even if you think that Hunter Biden was guilty of something. There is no mystery about Joe Biden's actions to get the prosecutor in Ukraine fired, that was an international goal targeted at reducing corruption, and there's no indication (indeed, there is evidence to the contrary) that it was to inhibit investigation into Hunter. So this is a side show.
Borrriiiing . . .
Old 11-12-2019, 11:48 PM   #280
ReelinRod

NY Post cover for the Shiff Show tomorrow . . .

Nails it!

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:51 PM   #281
ReelinRod

Here's the schedule for the Best of Show competition next week; I hope Schiff has plenty of treats!

Nov 19
Jennifer Williams
Kurt Volker
Alexander Vindman
Tim Morrison

Nov20
Gordon Sondland
Laura Cooper
David Hale

Nov 21
Fiona Hill

Old 11-13-2019, 07:21 AM   #282
Pete F.
Canceled

Never seen a prosecutor start a trial if he didn’t think he could convict
Old 11-13-2019, 07:34 AM   #283
Sea Dangles

I feel you may be too invested here PeteF. The stupid is flowing at a rapid pace with little to show for it.
Old 11-13-2019, 07:59 AM   #284
PaulS

Quote:
NY Post cover for the Shiff Show tomorrow . . .

Nails it!

I forgot - so who is guilty of sedition?
Old 11-13-2019, 08:22 AM   #285
ReelinRod

Quote:

And there's the rub.

The Dems know they can't win a conviction as an actual conclusion to impeachment proceedings; they are doing all this for a "conviction" in the ream of public opinion.

Trump haters are with them just because, well "TRUMP!" . . . The objective is soften support among Republican's so they engineer an ending like Nixon, a resignation from shear lack of confidence.

Problem is, this has only demonstrated the duplicitousness of Democrats and the testimony will show just what Trump was up against . . . Not being able to trust anyone in government, the FBI, the Intelligence Community, the diplomatic corps, none could be trusted to execute their duties to actually fulfill the objectives of the new administration. All they could be counted on was to spy, leak, sabotage and undermine . . .

All this will only solidify support for Trump out of shear hate, fire-breathing, bulldoze the bodies hate in those who see what liberals / leftists / progressives / statist authoritarians actually are and recognize that they believe in nothing but scorched-earth. Any talk from your side about cooperation and civility is only to calm us down before you slip the knife in our backs.

Congratulations, you have exposed yourselves as the contemptuous children you really are and let everyone know that you are completely incapable of playing nicely with others and put us on notice that we are in for a real temper tantrum in 2020. That's OK, you should watch yourselves though; bongs, double ended dildos and butt plugs aren't really weapons one can fight real battles with.

Old 11-13-2019, 08:29 AM   #286
Jim in CT

Quote:
Tell that to the liberal activist Moseley in Baltimore, or the Duke lacrosse prosecutor. Nah, lawyers are never motivated by politics.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:37 AM   #287
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I forgot - so who is guilty of sedition?

Why don't you post a definition of "sedition" that you agree with and then we can go through each person's actions.

Off the bat I do rescind my belief that the Vindman might have been an honorable man (giving him the benefit of the doubt out of respect for the uniform). Rep Ratcliffe practically walked Vindman into admitting UCMJ Article 92 and Article 88 violations, and would have if Vindman's attorney didn't recognize where the questioning was headed.

F him and his twin brother (the NSA's ethics lawyer LOL, that Vindman told of his "troubles" with the call).

Old 11-13-2019, 08:43 AM   #288
PaulS

Quote:
Why don't you post a definition of "sedition" that you agree with and then we can go through each person's actions.
Well I'm smart enough to know the people you've tried to slime aren't guilty of sedition.

Off the bat I do rescind my belief that the Vindman might have been an honorable man (giving him the benefit of the doubt out of respect for the uniform). Rep Ratcliffe practically walked Vindman into admitting UCMJ Article 92 and Article 88 violations, and would have if Vindman's attorney didn't recognize where the questioning was headed.

F him and his twin brotherclassy (the NSA's ethics lawyer LOL, that Vindman told of his "troubles" with the call).
nm
Old 11-13-2019, 08:45 AM   #289
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Tell that to the liberal activist Moseley in Baltimore, or the Duke lacrosse prosecutor. Nah, lawyers are never motivated by politics.

As we see across the nation with Soros backed leftists winning DA elections. Those scumbags are quite willing to sacrifice the lives and fortunes of law-abiding citizens to advance the corrupt social-justice agenda.

And when any prosecutor can nail up a scalp that advances their career, the rule of law, officer of the court duty, ethics and honor go right out the window.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:06 AM   #290
Pete F.
Canceled

We are moving to the point where the election will de the authoritarians vs the Democrats.
Many people say that if Floridaman wins he will rename his party
The Trump Party 🥌
Old 11-13-2019, 09:14 AM   #291
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And there's the rub.

The Dems know they can't win a conviction as an actual conclusion to impeachment proceedings; they are doing all this for a "conviction" in the ream of public opinion.

Trump haters are with them just because, well "TRUMP!" . . . The objective is soften support among Republican's so they engineer an ending like Nixon, a resignation from shear lack of confidence.

Problem is, this has only demonstrated the duplicitousness of Democrats and the testimony will show just what Trump was up against . . . Not being able to trust anyone in government, the FBI, the Intelligence Community, the diplomatic corps, none could be trusted to execute their duties to actually fulfill the objectives of the new administration. All they could be counted on was to spy, leak, sabotage and undermine . . .

All this will only solidify support for Trump out of shear hate, fire-breathing, bulldoze the bodies hate in those who see what liberals / leftists / progressives / statist authoritarians actually are and recognize that they believe in nothing but scorched-earth. Any talk from your side about cooperation and civility is only to calm us down before you slip the knife in our backs.

Congratulations, you have exposed yourselves as the contemptuous children you really are and let everyone know that you are completely incapable of playing nicely with others and put us on notice that we are in for a real temper tantrum in 2020. That's OK, you should watch yourselves though; bongs, double ended dildos and butt plugs aren't really weapons one can fight real battles with.

Interesting that a Trumplican claims that others don’t play nicely and then goes on to demonstrate just how to play nicely
Floridaman can move his base from 40% to 41% and Americans outside that say NFW do we identify with his ideology.
🍑🤡

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-13-2019, 09:21 AM   #292
ReelinRod

Quote:
nm

Laughable position.

Do you believe that there is a general risk for an incoming administration in allowing "holdovers" to remain in sensitive positions?

If so, why?
If not, definitely explain why . . .

Do you deny the existence of "The Resistance" in current federal government employees and that they were, and are, motivated to frustrate if not sabotage the Trump administration?

What were your thoughts on the NY Times "I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration" anonymous essay published in Sept, '18? It was very well received by the left, the author was granted instant hero status.

On the Wiki page about the essay it is said,
"The author of the essay writes that they, and many of their colleagues, deliberately fail to follow some directives from the president when they feel the proposal would be bad for the country, "working diligently" to block his "worst inclinations"."
Do you believe it was just fictional political porn for leftists to fantasize about?

There was news recently saying the same source has written a book, coming out in less than a week! I'm sure it will be a flop because really, such a story is ridiculous isn't it?

Old 11-13-2019, 09:31 AM   #293
ReelinRod

Quote:
We are moving to the point where the election will de the authoritarians vs the Democrats.

Correct, on the Democrat side it will be a primary pitting rights eliminating statist authoritarians against the few reasonable Democrats cowering in the corner fearing for their lives.

The general election will simply be a choice between load your enemies in cattle cars communism and not communism yet.

Old 11-13-2019, 09:41 AM   #294
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Correct, on the Democrat side it will be a primary pitting rights eliminating statist authoritarians against the few reasonable Democrats cowering in the corner fearing for their lives.

The general election will simply be a choice between load your enemies in cattle cars communism and not communism yet.
Take another hit on that pipe

Authoritarians have hidden in many ideologies but most have been populists like Floridaman
Believe only me, not your eyes or ears
The media is fake
It is us against.....,,,
Label your enemies

Keep believing

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-13-2019, 09:48 AM   #295
PaulS

Quote:
Laughable position.
Do you mean that it's laughable that I know the people you constantly try to slime aren't guilty of sedition or that you have no class for saying "F" to Vindman and his brother?
Old 11-13-2019, 10:46 AM   #296
ReelinRod

Quote:
Do you mean that it's laughable that I know the people you constantly try to slime aren't guilty of sedition or that you have no class for saying "F" to Vindman and his brother?
Well, I know you will not post a definition of the word sedition nor will you address my questions in the context of the actions of some people that were working within, but in opposition to, the Trump administration.

It's clear you will not consider any discussion on "The Resistance" and its operations within the Trump administration, even when presented with self-admitted screeds attesting to such actions.

Such bald superficiality is not a good character trait.

Thus it's clear you have no intellectual integrity so that's why I understand that the only reason you vouch for the veracity of these people is that they are being employed in this attack on Trump, an attack that you would support for no other reason than it is opposing Bad Orange Man.

That's why no one takes you seriously and we laugh at your sorrowful bleating about Trump.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:49 AM   #297
ReelinRod

Quote:
Authoritarians have hidden in many ideologies
No laws for some, authoritarianism for others.

The leftist way.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/11/...reet-business/

Old 11-13-2019, 10:56 AM   #298
Pete F.
Canceled

Floridaman thinks he's creating a diversion by having Erdogan at the WH for a presser this afternoon.
He’s wrong. Erdogan is the enemy of the U.S. and Floridaman allowed him to slaughter Kurd families.
He's just giving Senators on the fence cover to jump it.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:57 AM   #299
PaulS

Quote:
Thus it's clear you have no intellectual integrity so that's why I understand that the only reason you vouch for the veracity of these people is that they are being employed in this attack on Trump, an attack that you would support for no other reason than it is opposing Bad Orange Man.

That's why no one takes you seriously and we laugh at your sorrowful bleating about Trump.

What a clown. As I said your claiming people are guilty of sedition shows your scumminess and your saying "F" to Vindman and his brother shows your lack of class.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:59 AM   #300
scottw

Quote:
What a clown. As I said your claiming people are guilty of sedition shows your scumminess and your saying "F" to Vindman and his brother shows your lack of class.
like a broken record....