Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-13-2019, 10:59 AM   #301
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReelinRod View Post
No laws for some, authoritarianism for others.

The leftist way.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/11/...reet-business/
Quite comical to claim as a Trumplican that the rule of law matters and people #^&#^&#^&#^&ting in the street is a sure indicator of the failure of Democrats
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-13-2019, 11:01 AM   #302
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
like a broken record....
All he does is comment on people’s posts with nothing to add.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 11-13-2019, 11:01 AM   #303
wdmso

Quote:
What do you want to see, screengrabs of the call that I mention, quotes from Volker's statement?

This entire "thing" is about Trump's intent, why was the aid held up????

I contend the reason is simply what Trump has always maintained; he wasn't sending millions of dollars to a corrupt government.

Plenty of people have said that was a primary concern of Trump's, plenty of people have acknowledged that corruption was Normal Operating Procedure for all things Ukrainian and Zelenskyy ran on a platform of eradicating it . . . Trump wanted assurances that was happening before he released the $$$$$$.

OTOH, you guys have an ever evolving Rube Goldberg of feelings and interpretations of impressions of second hand water-cooler innuendo and gossip of Trump-hating leftist A-holes.

A-holes who resented to their core that Trump would dare proceed with any foreign policy without their direction, approval and hand-holding, thus the Marxist pogrom of seditious leaks and duplicitous backstabbing of Trump, all towards undermining him with supporters and culminating in this attempted soft coup, disguised as impeachment intended to influence the 2020 election.

May you cry inconsolably when he is reelected and be rendered so emotionally incapacitated that no therapy can help; you deserve nothing less!

A lot of words ..just to say you got no factual infomation to back up everything your spewing..

Ps what kinda of American are you trying to get back to? When was it acceptable?

LOVED Nunes opening statement at the hearings . All conspiracy and but but Obama and Hillary. And the steel dossiers

Key phrases that give guys like you a woodie
Old 11-13-2019, 11:30 AM   #304
PaulS

Quote:
like a broken record....
You haven't added anything in months. That is what happens when you post in the same forum as SD - your brain turns to mush.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:31 AM   #305
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
All he does is comment on people’s posts with nothing to add.
You've bc a parody of yourself!
Old 11-13-2019, 11:31 AM   #306
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
You haven't added anything in months. That is what happens when you post in the same forum as SD - your brain turns to mush.
don't come back till you get some new material
Old 11-13-2019, 11:44 AM   #307
PaulS

Quote:
don't come back till you get some new material
ok
Old 11-13-2019, 11:59 AM   #308
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Tell that to the liberal activist Moseley in Baltimore, or the Duke lacrosse prosecutor. Nah, lawyers are never motivated by politics.
An impeachment is a political proceeding per the Constitution
The criminal trial could come later and would be based on the rule of law

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-13-2019, 12:42 PM   #309
wdmso

Next phase Republicans move into character assasination
Old 11-13-2019, 12:48 PM   #310
Pete F.
Canceled

Sources say this is going so poorly for House Republicans that after a break Nunes is going to bring in Brett Kavanaugh to scream at everyone.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #311
scottw

I hope these continue for a long time...dummycraps look dumber than they did during Kavanaugh...I would not have though that possible...hope they find a rape train witness or something to save this mess for them...will schiff ever learn who the whistleblower is???
Old 11-13-2019, 02:58 PM   #312
PaulS

I did get a laugh when White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said President Trump not watching the impeachment hearings but was working.

2 lies in one sentence is pretty impressive, even for members of this cabinet.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:00 PM   #313
scottw

they need to stop putting schif on camera...America's children will be having nightmares
Old 11-13-2019, 03:07 PM   #314
Pete F.
Canceled

Q: In your decades of military service and diplomatic service representing the U.S. around the world, have you ever seen another example of foreign aid conditioned on the personal or political interests of the President of the United States?

Ambassador Taylor: No ... I have not.
Old 11-13-2019, 03:08 PM   #315
Pete F.
Canceled

"You described in your text message exchanges that engaging in a scheme like this is 'crazy.' Can we also agree that it's just wrong?

TAYLOR: "Yes...holding up of security assistance...for no good policy reason...no good national security reason, is wrong."
Old 11-13-2019, 04:00 PM   #316
Pete F.
Canceled

Welcome to the land of Floridaman aka Bizzaro world, where we see Republicans attempt to make career civil servants & war heroes the bad guys in defense of a life-long liberal, draft-dodging conman, and only Democrats stand up and defend our national security & the rule of law.

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-13-2019, 04:02 PM   #317
ReelinRod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Q: In your decades of military service and diplomatic service representing the U.S. around the world, have you ever seen another example of foreign aid conditioned on the personal or political interests of the President of the United States?

Ambassador Taylor: No ... I have not.
And truthfully still haven't, your question is predicated on a conclusion that has only come being though multiple layers of other people's impressions of how they felt about what they heard other people supposedly said . . .

Quote:
"You described in your text message exchanges that engaging in a scheme like this is 'crazy.' Can we also agree that it's just wrong?

TAYLOR: "Yes...holding up of security assistance...for no good policy reason...no good national security reason, is wrong."
Let me rephrase for the sake of facts and truth, IF it happened it would be wrong . . .

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:39 PM   #318
wdmso

Saw a ton of but but Obama..

To funny they want the whistleblower to be subpoenaed.

Yet anyone with 1st hand knowledge have refused to appear if after being subpoenaed... LOL

Guess Republicans have never heard of Commanders intent, and how it works..
Old 11-13-2019, 05:29 PM   #319
Sea Dangles

🍺🍔
Old 11-13-2019, 06:47 PM   #320
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
And truthfully still haven't, your question is predicated on a conclusion that has only come being though multiple layers of other people's impressions of how they felt about what they heard other people supposedly said . . .

Let me rephrase for the sake of facts and truth, IF it happened it would be wrong . . .
Perhaps there are witnesses who should or could testify with first hand knowledge
Bolton
Mulvaney
Giuliani
Trump
Sounds like Sondland has splaining to do also about his phone call with Trump, though it seems it was on a non secure phone and is now just one more thing Putin has on his Puppet.

Gym Jordans defense strategy (currently) is that asking Zelensky to investigate the Bidens/2016 elections was a “corruption test,” which he “passed” by not doing.
Was this part of The Stable Genius’s plan or did the Nunes/Jordan brain trust put their combined mind to work on that.

Because by claiming this they admit that asking them to investigate was corrupt, and that aid was withheld bc of it.
Not the sharpest tools in the shed

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-13-2019, 08:27 PM   #321
Sea Dangles

Only a very sharp tool can relay that info PeteF.

🤡🍔
Old 11-13-2019, 09:27 PM   #322
ReelinRod

Quote:
Perhaps there are witnesses who should or could testify with first hand knowledge

Bolton
Mulvaney
Giuliani
Trump
Perhaps indeed!
About as much chance as Ciaramella appearing. . .

Quote:
Sounds like Sondland has splaining to do also about his phone call with Trump,
Sure does, it might be nice to finally hear someone, under oath, directly quoting the President instead of third-hand Presidential mind-reading, assigning Trump all manner of motivations and purposes.

Short of that I guess Sondland will keep with the program with his "testimony" and offer what his impression was of what his aide's impression was of what Trump's intentions were on the phone conversation the aide overheard and relayed to Taylor.

Quote:
though it seems it was on a non secure phone and is now just one more thing Putin has on his Puppet.
SMH, what compels you to write such stupid crap? What makes you think the US Ambassador to the European Union wouldn't possess a secure phone and/or the line he was speaking on with the President wasn't secure?

Quote:
Gym Jordans defense strategy (currently) is that asking Zelensky to investigate the Bidens/2016 elections was a “corruption test,” which he “passed” by not doing.
Was this part of The Stable Genius’s plan or did the Nunes/Jordan brain trust put their combined mind to work on that.

Because by claiming this they admit that asking them to investigate was corrupt, and that aid was withheld bc of it.
Not the sharpest tools in the shed
That probably made sense to you and sounded like, really compelling when you wrote it.

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:42 PM   #323
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Perhaps indeed!
About as much chance as Ciaramella appearing. . .

Sure does, it might be nice to finally hear someone, under oath, directly quoting the President instead of third-hand Presidential mind-reading, assigning Trump all manner of motivations and purposes.

Perhaps members of the Floridaman cabinet could testify instead of blatantly obstructing the investigation

Short of that I guess Sondland will keep with the program with his "testimony" and offer what his impression was of what his aide's impression was of what Trump's intentions were on the phone conversation the aide overheard and relayed to Taylor.
That was Sondland not his aide on the phone with Floridaman

SMH, what compels you to write such stupid crap? What makes you think the US Ambassador to the European Union wouldn't possess a secure phone and/or the line he was speaking on with the President wasn't secure?

Perhaps Sondland can answer that
His unsecured phone use concerned other witnesses, but Putin already knows what he told Floridaman to do

That probably made sense to you and sounded like, really compelling when you wrote it.
Much like your Trumplican baloney tastes to you
Keep telling yourself bull#^&#^&#^&#^& is tasty
You could get a position directly behind Floridaman with your nose up his but, but you’ll have to fight Nunes, Jordan and Ratman for position

Lets Go Darwin
Old 11-13-2019, 09:46 PM   #324
Pete F.
Canceled

Just think if Rudy Giuliani, Mick Mulvaney, Rick Perry and others had anything to say that would help Trump in his impeachment battle, Trump would personally drive them to the hearing to testify. The fact that Trump ordered all of them NOT to testify proves he’s afraid of what they’d say.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:11 PM   #325
ReelinRod

After today, I guess that's the best you can hope for.

Old 11-13-2019, 10:31 PM   #326
Pete F.
Canceled

And this was before the Floridaman’s idiots spoke today
Poll: Almost 50 percent of Americans in battleground states support impeaching and removing Trump
Old 11-13-2019, 11:09 PM   #327
ReelinRod

Quote:
Poll: Almost 50 percent of Americans in battleground states support impeaching and removing Trump
I'm surprised it isn't higher given the 90+% negative media coverage of Trump.

It's even worse on social media. Over half of my FB friends are loyal robotic Democrat union members, fellow building trades guys and family has teachers and nurses and the political stuff they share is 110% liberal narrative Occupy Democrats negative.

Quite a few are posting that today was a huge victory for the Democrats; I know they worked today without much if any chance to actually watch. It's clear they are parroting what they are hearing on media or scrolling over in their feeds. I have no question how they would answer your poll question but I know they would be unable to answer the most basic civics or political questions I would ask them.

I'm retired, I watched all but a few minutes.

Old 11-14-2019, 04:09 AM   #328
Pete F.
Canceled

Just a little logic and it becomes obvious why he’s Floridaman

Has any GOP member explained why — if as Jim Jordan says Ukraine is “one of the three most corrupt countries on the planet” — Trump trusted them to investigate two U.S. citizens for...corruption?
Old 11-14-2019, 05:44 AM   #329
Sea Dangles

🤐🍔
Old 11-14-2019, 08:34 AM   #330
wdmso

Seeing the new arguments are direct conversations.

I bring up . Commanders intent.. and I'll dump it down

1st the commander (Trump) instructed his officials. What he wanted from Ukraine direction with the (three amigos) face to face

2nd these people carry out the commander's intent. By instructing people lower in the chain this is what needs to happen

3rd the planned intent of Trump is established

Lastly the plan is excuted

The success or the Failure of the plan or the lack of its completion.

Doesn't change the Truth that it was clearly conveyed as Trumps intent.. from those who Trump told

Yet Republicans spin they need to have direct conversations with Trump To understand his intent..

Is a lame defense unless you a cult member .. or never worked in a factory been in the . Military

Every man on D-day clearly understood Gen Eisenhowers . Intent with out speaking to him directly... funny it worked then,