Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 06-28-2022, 02:33 PM   #181
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
What did I get wrong? you don’t believe what happened on Jan 6th was a hoax or just the part Trump and his administration tried to overturn the election .

Or you claiming you don’t care ?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Literally nothing in that post, that you tagged me in, is correct.....nothing. You just spout bull #^&#^&#^&#^& all the time and blanket apply it to everybody because they don't agree with your idiocy.

You see things that were never written, you hear things that were never said, you have no comprehension of what people are saying, then you post like you're the one who's responding from the intellectual high ground.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 06-28-2022 at 02:42 PM..

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 06-28-2022, 02:53 PM   #182
Jim in CT

Quote:
I've heard OBGYNs tell of unborn babies trying, always unsuccessfully, to fight off the instruments of abortion

OMG how gullible are you? Now we have karate fetus self aware of threats bobbing and weaving in the womb
you’re denying they can feel pain? is that what you’re saying?

your post above is so deranged, so not even close to what i said ( hence TDFs remark about you constantly hearing things that are t said), it’s harder than usual
to decipher your gibberish.

again, the only reason why you routinely wildly distort what i said, is because as dim as you are, even you know you can’t respond to what i actually said.

Let’s be very clear…do you deny that unborn babies can feel pain in the womb?

Old 06-28-2022, 03:00 PM   #183
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
you’re denying they can feel pain? is that what you’re saying?

your post above is so deranged, so not even close to what i said ( hence TDFs remark about you constantly hearing things that are t said), it’s harder than usual
to decipher your gibberish.

again, the only reason why you routinely wildly distort what i said, is because as dim as you are, even you know you can’t respond to what i actually said.

Let’s be very clear…do you deny that unborn babies can feel pain in the womb?

Now it’s about pain ? That’s not what you said do you read your own posts ? what did I miss . Or is this you just moving the goal posts again when called out on your nonsense

Jim how can a fetus have and concept of pain ?
Stop applying your self awareness as if a fetus is self aware it smell of desperation
Old 06-28-2022, 03:07 PM   #184
Jim in CT

Quote:

why do doctors often spank babies just after they’re born? do you know?

I shouldn’t be surprised that you’d be the only person stupid enough to deny that at some point they feel
pain. Doctors differ in when that is, but current estimates are around 15 weeks
Old 06-28-2022, 03:12 PM   #185
Jim in CT

Quote:
Now it’s about pain ? That’s not what you said do you read your own posts ? what did I miss . Or is this you just moving the goal posts again when called out on your nonsense

Stop applying your self awareness as if a fetus is self aware it smell of desperation
I'll answer for you. Doctors spank newborns (or used to), to get them to cry, so they can make sure they are breathing.

Why do you suppose that spanking newborns, makes them cry? Because they feel the pain. So if they can feel pain one second after birth, are you going to tell me you have facts to support the idiotic notion that they can't feel pain one minute before birth? You think amniotic fluid is a painkiller?

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/845410
Old 06-28-2022, 03:31 PM   #186
Jim in CT

Quote:
I've heard OBGYNs tell of unborn babies trying, always unsuccessfully, to fight off the instruments of abortion

OMG how gullible are you? Now we have karate fetus self aware of threats bobbing and weaving in the womb
So you edited this, but will you say why?

Here, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, mentions fetal pain as early as 20-21 weeks.

And when surgery is performed on the unborn, they give anesthesia as early as 14 weeks "to ameliorate pain".

But you know more than they do. Right?

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/ful...43639211059245
Old 06-29-2022, 08:22 AM   #187
Pete F.
Canceled

OBGYN Colleague in Missouri “We are now observing patients with ectopic pregnancy and hemoperitoneum until they have a documented falling hemoglobin or unstable vital signs”

1:50 pregnancies is ectopic

Some of the most quickly sick - fine to severely hypotensive in minutes - ER patients had ectopic pregnancies. There’s no time to hem and haw and worry about legal implications.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:27 AM   #188
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
OBGYN Colleague in Missouri “We are now observing patients with ectopic pregnancy and hemoperitoneum until they have a documented falling hemoglobin or unstable vital signs”

1:50 pregnancies is ectopic

Some of the most quickly sick - fine to severely hypotensive in minutes - ER patients had ectopic pregnancies. There’s no time to hem and haw and worry about legal implications.
what percentage of abortions do you think are done because there’s a true medical emergency for the mom, and what % are done on healthy women who engaged in consensual sex, who just don’t want to give birth?

i have no problem with exceptions for actual medical emergencies, because almost all abortions are done for convenience. the data is pretty clear in that, as you said, Google is free.
Old 06-29-2022, 08:47 AM   #189
Pete F.
Canceled

A major hospital system in Missouri will no longer provide emergency contraceptives to victims of sexual assault for fear of criminal prosecution of it’s providers.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:01 AM   #190
Jim in CT

Quote:
A major hospital system in Missouri will no longer provide emergency contraceptives to victims of sexual assault for fear of criminal prosecution of it’s providers.
NH has no state income tax. CT has a huge income tax. I live with it.

Different states are different, Pete. This is what the people of MO want, or else they'll vote in new legislators who will do what they want.

Not everyone thinks like you. Why do you get to impose your will on them?

In our system of government, when dealing with a state issue, Missouri can do what they want, your state can do what it wants.

This event has really shown how much liberals hate democracy.

Why don't you go down to MO and run for office, or simply accept that just like you, they can vote for the legislature and political landscape they want. I promise you, that they have no desire to be more like CT. And they shouldn't be forced to.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:38 AM   #191
Pete F.
Canceled

Abortion is difficult b/c two positive values - women’s autonomy, protection of life - compete w/ each other.

Each side wants to promote one of those values. But each talks about opponents like they’re only interested in destroying the other.
Old 06-29-2022, 10:57 AM   #192
Pete F.
Canceled

From a doc
SCOTUS was misinformed for so many reasons. One is that there was no IVF in 1973. In 2022, IVF accounts for 4% of births! By overturning Roe they also impacted healthy “wanted” pregnancies. Don’t believe me? Look up “selective reduction” and “amniocentesis”.
You may want to google Lung/Head ratio for Congenital Diaphragmatic hernia or anencephaly with giant omphalocele. Please consider the difficult discussions that I have had with my patients who discovered that their desired pregnancy has one or more of these congenital issues.
Old 06-29-2022, 06:17 PM   #193
Pete F.
Canceled

Several national antiabortion groups and their allies in Republican-led state legislatures are advancing plans to stop people from crossing state lines for abortions. Model legislation is in the works.

Now the small-government, personal freedom Republican conservatives are showing their true colors. Maybe we could institute internal passports or travel permits, like all free nations do.
Old 06-30-2022, 02:36 AM   #194
wdmso

Quote:
So you edited this, but will you say why?

Here, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics, mentions fetal pain as early as 20-21 weeks.

And when surgery is performed on the unborn, they give anesthesia as early as 14 weeks "to ameliorate pain".

But you know more than they do. Right?

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/ful...43639211059245
I copied what you wrote , sorry didn’t edit a thing

Did you read the article

Current neuroscientific evidence indicates the possibility of fetal pain perception

Possibility A thing that may happen or be the case.

And it’s a letter to the editor . Not a peer reviewed study ..

Last edited by wdmso; 06-30-2022 at 02:45 AM..
Old 06-30-2022, 04:24 AM   #195
Jim in CT

Quote:
I copied what you wrote , sorry didn’t edit a thing

Did you read the article

Current neuroscientific evidence indicates the possibility of fetal pain perception

Possibility A thing that may happen or be the case.

And it’s a letter to the editor . Not a peer reviewed study ..

again, why did doctors routinely spank newborns the second after they were born? what was the purpose?

and the hell you didn’t edit that post of yours. you edited your words, after saying it was stupid to suggest fetuses can feel pain. it’s only a question of when they feel pain, current thinking is 15-20 weeks in some circles.

didn’t you say abortion should only be allowed until viability? why? why would you force a woman to surrender her right to bodily autonomy and healthcare decisions? and whenever you define “viability”, please explain to be why the baby is different at that moment, than he is an hour before? how can you have any idea when a specific baby is viable?
Old 06-30-2022, 04:25 AM   #196
Jim in CT

wdmso, since you refused to comment on the topic of this thread, would you comment on the chicago mayor saying at a public event, “F—- clarence thomas”?
Old 06-30-2022, 04:32 AM   #197
Pete F.
Canceled

Hundreds of Jews rallied last night for abortion rights at Michigan’s largest synagogue, Temple Israel. “Stand up for our mothers, stand up for each other,” they sing.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:26 AM   #198
Jim in CT

Quote:
Hundreds of Jews rallied last night for abortion rights at Michigan’s largest synagogue, Temple Israel. “Stand up for our mothers, stand up for each other,” they sing.
that’s called democracy. i’m
fine with that, even though i disagree.

Pete, it’s you, not me, who can’t handle any disagreement.
Old 06-30-2022, 05:27 AM   #199
Jim in CT

Quote:
oh, and nice dodge of the topic of the thread.
Old 06-30-2022, 08:59 AM   #200
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
oh, and nice dodge of the topic of the thread.
Said the guy debating fetus pain tolerance on the thread about the hearings.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:21 AM   #201
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Said the guy debating fetus pain tolerance on the thread about the hearings.
in response to someone else, GS.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:22 AM   #202
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
She’s far more of a realist than you.

Things have changed a lot since 1973. As a practical matter, it's a lot harder now for the government to block access to abortion.

So if states want to stop abortions – and they do – they're going to have to get a lot more invasive, and a lot more draconian, to do it.

The advocates of enforced gestation have at long last succeeded in stripping away Roe's Constitutional protections – only to find themselves in a world where, even after it's been outlawed, abortion care will still be available with a quick google search and a few mouse clicks.

Over half of all abortions are already done with medication that can be sent through the mail.

So, once abortions are made illegal, but most who seek abortion care are able to receive it anyway, are states like Texas and Georgia going to simply say, "oh well, we tried"?

To combat this, states are going to have to greatly expand the reach of their abortion prohibitions and the severity of the resulting punishments.

And they will likely try new ways to detect and investigate miscarriages – because every miscarriage is now a potential illegal act.

And that’s why MAGA states are no longer safe for women. Even women who would personally never have an abortion and oppose it. 1/4 of pregnancies end in miscarriage. Women of child bearing age are at risk of being treated like criminals or accused of a criminal act.

Don’t claim it won’t, because it already has happened.

This radical court will strip the right to privacy from every American eventually.

As far as your claim that the left is coming apart, Americans are coming together to deal with this radical MAGA court.
Jim’s forgotten that I answered him days ago, meanwhile he’s melting down because he found an editorial and watched a video.

Now the extreme MAGA court has made it so the Blackstone River can run colors again and probably hastened the end of the world by removing clean air restrictions.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-30-2022, 09:42 AM   #203
Jim in CT

Quote:
Jim’s forgotten that I answered him days ago, meanwhile he’s melting down because he found an editorial and watched a video.

Now the extreme MAGA court has made it so the Blackstone River can run colors again and probably hastened the end of the world by removing clean air restrictions.
i was talking with wdmso.

what could i possibly have to melt down over? i’ve never been sitting as pretty, politically speaking, as i am right now. The GOP is poised to steamroll in november.

i converted almost all my holdings to cash at a very fortunate time, and the markets are dropping, and this is obviously just the beginning, as consumer spending hasnt meaningfully decreased yet, but it will. When the SP500 gets down to 3500, I’ll start getting back in, and i’ll do great eventually.

i’m poised to benefit nicely ( politically and economically) from current events, i have very little to melt down over.

another scotus decision today that’s a victory for democracy. If the feds want to impose intrusive mandates, those now have to come from congress ( where obviously they should come from), not from unelected beaurocrats. The EPA doesn’t have the right to make huge policy decisions that change our lives. Congress does that

I can see the headlines, “Supreme Court hates the environment! Read all about it!!”.
Old 06-30-2022, 09:45 AM   #204
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I guess this is the reason many states aren't making an exception for rape. Maybe the woman should just "lay back and enjoy it"

A Republican nominee in a closely watched House race in Virginia made bizarre and false comments about rape victims, saying in leaked audio recordings that she wouldn’t be surprised if a woman’s body prevents pregnancies from rape because “it’s not something that’s happening organically,” and that the rapist is doing it “quickly.”
In the second clip, after the unidentified woman said she heard that it is “harder for a woman to get pregnant if she’s been raped,” Ms. Vega replied: “Well maybe, because there’s so much going on in the body, I don’t know. I haven’t, haven’t, you know, seen any studies but if I’m processing what you’re saying it wouldn’t surprise me, because it’s not something that’s happening organically, right? It’s forcing it.”

After the unidentified woman said the body “shuts down,” Ms. Vega replied: “Yeah, yeah, and then the individual, the male, is doing it as quickly, it’s not like, you know, and so I can see why maybe there’s truth to that.”

I guess another reason not to worry about rape and pregnancy - it is not forced:

N.C. (WITN) - U.S. Congressman Greg Murphy is receiving backlash for a tweet he sent and then deleted a few hours later.

The tweet read: “No one forces anyone to have sex” and was sent just days after the overturning of Roe v. Wade removed the federal protection of abortions. (he did walk back the tweet later)
Old 06-30-2022, 10:22 AM   #205
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
i was talking with wdmso.

what could i possibly have to melt down over? i’ve never been sitting as pretty, politically speaking, as i am right now. The GOP is poised to steamroll in november.

i converted almost all my holdings to cash at a very fortunate time, and the markets are dropping, and this is obviously just the beginning, as consumer spending hasnt meaningfully decreased yet, but it will. When the SP500 gets down to 3500, I’ll start getting back in, and i’ll do great eventually.

i’m poised to benefit nicely ( politically and economically) from current events, i have very little to melt down over.

another scotus decision today that’s a victory for democracy. If the feds want to impose intrusive mandates, those now have to come from congress ( where obviously they should come from), not from unelected beaurocrats. The EPA doesn’t have the right to make huge policy decisions that change our lives. Congress does that

I can see the headlines, “Supreme Court hates the environment! Read all about it!!”.
Kagan, dissenting: “The Court appoints itself—instead of Congress or the expert agency—the decision- maker on climate policy. I cannot think of many things more frightening.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 06-30-2022, 10:36 AM   #206
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I guess another reason not to worry about rape and pregnancy - it is not forced:

N.C. (WITN) - U.S. Congressman Greg Murphy is receiving backlash for a tweet he sent and then deleted a few hours later.

The tweet read: “No one forces anyone to have sex” and was sent just days after the overturning of Roe v. Wade removed the federal protection of abortions. (he did walk back the tweet later)
no one denies that rape isn’t consensual. the huge majority of abortions are done on healthy women who had consensual
sex. the data is clear.

you’ve the fanatic extremist on this issue, you think it’s ok to abort into the 9th month and for any reason. St stop going to extremely rare extremes, and spend some time discussing what happens in 90% of abortions.
Old 06-30-2022, 11:39 AM   #207
PaulS

Quote:
you’ve the fanatic extremist on this issue, you think it’s ok to abort into the 9th month and for any reason. St stop going to extremely rare extremes, and spend some time discussing what happens in 90% of abortions.
I don't think I've ever stated any position on abortion into the 9th month.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:05 PM   #208
wdmso

Quote:
wdmso, since you refused to comment on the topic of this thread, would you comment on the chicago mayor saying at a public event, “F—- clarence thomas”?

Free speech wow that was hard

Are SC justices special ?

But the press is the enemy of the people and Republicans cheer!

Which ones is the greatest threat to America calling Thomas a name or calling the press enemy of the people orTrump trying to steal a us election or abortion? I’ll wait
Old 06-30-2022, 12:58 PM   #209
Jim in CT

Quote:
Free speech wow that was hard

Are SC justices special ?

But the press is the enemy of the people and Republicans cheer!

Which ones is the greatest threat to America calling Thomas a name or calling the press enemy of the people orTrump trying to steal a us election or abortion? I’ll wait
“free speech”just what you’d say if marjorie taylor green had said that!

you no longer have the right to criticize anyone for words. you still will, but you shouldn’t. because it’s all free speech.

oh man, you guys deserve what’s coming.
Old 06-30-2022, 01:38 PM   #210
Pete F.
Canceled

Hopefully you’ll be happy

A clearly angry Kagan pulling no punches: "The current Court is textualist only when being so suits it. When that method would frustrate broader goals, special canons like the 'major questions doctrine' magically appear as get out-of-text-free cards"

These opinions will be read by historians--if we are lucky enough to have historians in the future--as the desperate warnings of good people as the country is overrun and destroyed by bad people supported by people who refuse to understand that our lot is theirs, too.