Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 04:24 AM   #1
keeperreaper
Spot Preserver

Bruins v. Canadiens

B's in 5. What do you think. This should be a very intense series.

Make America Great Again.
keeperreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
This is our reward for the best record in the east

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:50 AM   #3
Bronko

B's in 5. I am getting ramped up. Just got my tickets for the series. Can't wait for tomorrow night.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan
Bronko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:28 AM   #4
fishbones

The B's sent a message last week that they are going to bring it to the Hab's. The Hab's are going to have to stay out of the penalty box and won't be able to have Laraque the goon and Komisarek the cheap shot artist playing their usual style. If they do, the B's will be on the power play. I can't wait for the puck to drop.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #5
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Entertaining it will be, a full sin bin with lots of donnybrooks too, I hope.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 AM   #6
fishbones

I can watch this clip over and over.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 04-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #7
fishbones

Here's another good clip.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #8
Surfcaster2884

Bruins in 5. This is gonna be one hell of a series. Next one i want to see is the B's and rangers.

"That large bass rise in the dim light of the false dawn, and take my steel-lipped swimmer. It will thrash, pull like mad and throw water all over the place before it dives for refuge.
This is why I am a surfcaster." - D.J. Muller
Surfcaster2884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #9
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

I think B's in 5 is a bit too optimistic. Anyone remember last season? I say six if not seven. Goaltending will be the difference. Anyone with an extra ticket should contact me immediately!

"Twitch....Twitch....Twitch....WHAM!"
spinncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #10
InTheHole

I can't wait, my day is dragging by. Bruins in 6.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day ...
show him where to fish and ... you'll be sorry
InTheHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:45 AM   #11
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Good Game 1

Wow, playoff hockey is the best! What a game. Scary thing is they can play better. They need to hold home ice and break the spirit of those Habs.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
MarshCappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #12
fishbones

Big win for them. The Hab's are a talented team and the B's had a lot of pressure on them last night being the #1 seed at home. I think that they'll play even better on Saturday, now that they got this one out of the way.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #13
tynan19
Stuck In Reality

Great game!
tynan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #14
Bassinthebay

That was a great game last night... I had B's in six even before it... Habs looked cooked in the 1st but fought back hard, and domninated the first 9 or so mins on the third... As long as the Bs can stay out of the penalty box, then its our series to loose. Thats what changed the game last night... PP goal by Chara... Lucic had a great physical game, and I think its going to be a REALLY physical game tomorrow...

Especially with that crap the HABS pulled at the end.

LETS GO BRUINS!
Bassinthebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:11 AM   #15
Raider Ronnie

Hopefully a repeat of game 1 tonight for both the Bruins & the Rangers.
Nice to see the Rangers beat the Capitals 7-2 !
The Caps are the team that scares me in the east as they handled the Bruins most of the season !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-18-2009, 10:19 AM   #16
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Yeah nice eye gouging technique by that Hab at the end. He should get his wallet lightened for that move.

"A beach is a place where a man can feel he's the only soul in the world that's real"
Old 04-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #17
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Yeah I heard the B's sent the tapes to league office for review. That was a bush league move.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
Old 04-18-2009, 09:34 PM   #18
MarshCappa
Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!

Game 2 Blowout!

Nice way to head to Montreal up 2! This is turning out to be a mess for the Habs. Basically a practice for the B's. I'm surprised the Cap's are getting they're butts kicked by the Rangers. It would be nice to play the Rangers instead of the Caps but we'll see it aint over yet.

"Sunshine Day Dream"
Old 04-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #19
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

B's are by far the better team

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #20
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

Great high energy game. Hopefully they keep it up in hostile territory.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:41 PM   #21
afterhours
Afterhours Custom Plugs

lucic gone for a game....

www.afterhoursplugs.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Afterh...428173?created

Instagram - afterhourscustom

Official S-B.com Sponsor

GAMEFISH NOW

"A GAMEFISH (WHICH STRIPED BASS SHOULD BE) IS TOO VALUABLE TO BE CAUGHT ONLY ONCE"...LEE WULFF
afterhours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:23 PM   #22
ProfessorM
Uncle Remus

That sucks but as soon as I saw the high crosscheck in the guys kisser I had a feeling.

Old 04-20-2009, 09:05 AM   #23
Surfcastinglife

complete BS suspension on lucic. guy was CLEARLY the aggresor coming right at him, Lucic is 6'4 so his stick is naturally high against the guy...yet the canadien's have guys throwing punches off face offs and hitting guys while they celebrate goals but no suspensions? COMPLETE JOKE. i hope they sweep in montreal so we're rid of this fraud "100th season" celebration.
Surfcastinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #24
Raider Ronnie

The Bruins are making it look easy !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 04-21-2009, 05:10 AM   #25
keeperreaper
Spot Preserver

Break out the brooms its sweep time!

Make America Great Again.
keeperreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 06:16 AM   #26
spinncognito
Is it May yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
The Bruins are making it look easy !
Nothing easy about last nights game. They were outplayed and scrambling for much of the game. The difference- GOALTENDING!

"Twitch....Twitch....Twitch....WHAM!"
spinncognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:53 AM   #27
HookLine&Sinker

wait did they sweep or is there one more game?
HookLine&Sinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:58 AM   #28
HookLine&Sinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Here's another good clip.

that is absolutely great
HookLine&Sinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #29
ThomCat

Over the last 30 something years the Bruins have had some very good teams that had some really tough luck. Teams that should have been able to win it all ran into some of the powerhouse juggernauts in NHL history. Those elite Boston teams had to face steamrollers like Montreal in the 70's, NYIsles in the 80's and then the Oilers of the 90's. I don't believe any team ever could have beaten those Edmonton teams.
This Boston team doesn't rely on one or two scorers or defenders exclusively plus their A$$ kickers come at you in waves and don't back down from anyone. Confidence not cockiness..( well, maybe a little cocky)

Catch'em up,
ThomCat
ThomCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:01 AM   #30
Mr. Sandman

Win in 4 or take it to BOSTON and have a party?

As much as I dislike the Habs, I dislike Canadian fans more. I am confident we will win either tonight or at Boston. I would like the win to occur in Boston just for the Fans but the other side says...close the door now and rest up.

Re. Fans....While watching game 3 in the zoo of that arena I listened and became enraged as 22000 fans BOOOED the entire US National Anthem. (I thought their vocalist was outstanding though...far better then our Rencourt). Show some %$%$%$%$ing respect. While they invented the game, the US made the NHL what it is today and put lots of $$$ in their pockets of Canadian players and support staff. Without the US there is no professional league and the canadians would still be playing on a pond.

While on the ferry the game was on the boats' TV and I was glued to the set. The Canadians scored the first goal and a real Montreal'er and Canadian fan cheered..it was a lone cheer in the group watching the game. I smiled and said ..."you're never going to go 7 games with Boston" and he went into a rant on how great the team is, how great the people are, how great the fans are, how wonderful Canada is blah blah blah..... I interrupted the guy and said...HEY! If it is all so great, then what the hell are you doing here? Go home already. And frankly, as far as the fans and the people are you are the rudest people on the planet as demonstrated by booing during the playing of the US national anthem.

I found this excerpt in a Blog:

The other topic of conversation Tuesday at Montreal's practice was the booing of the American national anthem by Bell Centre fans before Game 3. Most Canadians were disappointed about that behavior."I feel like there's a confusion there with the fans," Gainey said Tuesday. "They feel like booing the anthem is supporting our team in that the anthem represents the Boston team. If they can separate those two things and respect the anthem of the United States of America, they can still participate loudly and in whatever they want to disrupt the Bruins."
---------------------------------------------------------------

One of the hockey mag's:

After the Montreal fans gave their time-honored display of classlessness in booing the Star-Spangled Banner, Michigan-born Tim Thomas feigned surprise. "I thought when Obama got elected (president) they were going to stop doing that?" cracked the Bruins goalie

One other hockey Journal on an Habs - Islander game:
Montreal fans attempted to drown out the singing of the American anthem with boos before the game, a gesture probably not appreciated too much by Montreal defensemen Mike Komisarek (West Islip, N.Y.), Francois Bouillon (New York, N.Y.), Schneider (New York, N.Y.) and forward Chris Higgins (Smithtown, N.Y.).

Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 04-22-2009 at 12:49 PM..
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote