Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 11-24-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
zimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
So if Trump came out back in March and said let’s lock #^&#^&#^&#^& down and everybody must wear a mask, the 77 milllion that didn’t vote for him would have just unquestioningly said “That’s a great idea, I’m gonna do it”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Well, with the two week mask differential aside , many places were in lockdown by the end of March. Trump was also on the plus side for approval vs disapproval, all while most of the states heavy on the 77 million were in lockdown. I am guessing if he weren't such a moron about things and had behaved more like you supposed, he would probably be president going forward. Many of the 77 million wouldn't like his 50k other flaws, but his pandemic handling could have been just enough to save him. Oh darn.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:13 PM   #2
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Well, with the two week mask differential aside , many places were in lockdown by the end of March. Trump was also on the plus side for approval vs disapproval, all while most of the states heavy on the 77 million were in lockdown. I am guessing if he weren't such a moron about things and had behaved more like you supposed, he would probably be president going forward. Many of the 77 million wouldn't like his 50k other flaws, but his pandemic handling could have been just enough to save him. Oh darn.
My point isn’t about winning or losing the election, my point is that whatever he said to do, half the country would have done the opposite because.....Trump.

Whether it’s right or wrong, they would just ignore it because of who delivered the message.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-24-2020, 03:18 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:

Whether it’s right or wrong, they would just ignore it because of who delivered the message.
and because the entire media would’ve said that whatever he said, was the dumbest possible thing to say, and racist to boot.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:41 PM   #4
wdmso

Quote:
My point isn’t about winning or losing the election, my point is that whatever he said to do, half the country would have done the opposite because.....Trump.

We’ll never know? he never even tried !

He has put more effort in suggesting mass voter fraud, he convinced millions of that .. over 70 different tweets and press conferences to that affect

He convinced millions COVID was over we were rounding the corner he convinced millions masks didn’t work he convinced millions look I got COVID and recovered so it ain’t so bad he mocked those who chose to wear a mask as did many of his fellow Republicans..and still do

I said it in a different thread, all Trump needed to do was to make an honest attempt or fake it to make it. That he cared Americans would have cut him some slack , on the pandemic

But he couldn’t , he just kept playing to his base and they played to him so focused on each other they convinced each other they couldn’t be beat , and if they lost it would be everyone else’s fault, and stolen
Old 11-24-2020, 03:47 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
We’ll never know? he never even tried !

He has put more effort in suggesting mass voter fraud, he convinced millions of that .. over 70 different tweets and press conferences to that affect

He convinced millions COVID was over we were rounding the corner he convinced millions masks didn’t work he convinced millions look I got COVID and recovered so it ain’t so bad he mocked those who chose to wear a mask as did many of his fellow Republicans..and still do

I said it in a different thread, all Trump needed to do was to make an honest attempt or fake it to make it. That he cared Americans would have cut him some slack , on the pandemic

But he couldn’t , he just kept playing to his base and they played to him so focused on each other they convinced each other they couldn’t be beat , and if they lost it would be everyone else’s fault, and stolen
what did he never try to do?

he restricted travel
from china ( and was attached for it).

he sent hospital ships and ventilators to hot spots. had the feds make makeshift hospitals in NY. liberal governors of NY and CA came out and thanked him, said he was being a good partner.

he partnered with private sector to ramp up testing, manufacturing of testing equipment, and ventilators.

now, his style and tone early on, were in my opinion too casual. but his policies? what did he not do, that you think he should have done? by april most of the nation was locked down, everyone was wearing masks. so what should he have done?
Old 11-24-2020, 04:26 PM   #6
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
what did he never try to do?

he restricted travel
from china ( and was attached for it).

he sent hospital ships and ventilators to hot spots. had the feds make makeshift hospitals in NY. liberal governors of NY and CA came out and thanked him, said he was being a good partner.

he partnered with private sector to ramp up testing, manufacturing of testing equipment, and ventilators.

now, his style and tone early on, were in my opinion too casual. but his policies? what did he not do, that you think he should have done? by april most of the nation was locked down, everyone was wearing masks. so what should he have done?

A ship I wouldn’t call that special ramping up vents True all things expected of any POTUS

so Jim and what has he done since?
Besides try to claim an elections was stolen with massive fraud with zero evidence

I guess you support him in that endeavor as well
Old 11-24-2020, 04:55 PM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
A ship I wouldn’t call that special ramping up vents True all things expected of any POTUS

so Jim and what has he done since?
Besides try to claim an elections was stolen with massive fraud with zero evidence

I guess you support him in that endeavor as well
'A ship I wouldn’t call that special " Ubnless a democratd did it, then it would be special.

I asked you a very specific question, which naturally you dodged.

What should Trump have done, that he didn't do, based on information we had at that time?

'what has he done since?"

Well he implemented operation warp speed to facilitate the production of a vaccine, there's that.

Have you seen how death rates are trending? Here's an NPR published study showing that death rates are about one-third of what they were at the start. But let's ignore that, because God forbid we admit anything that might make him look good!

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...19-death-rates

You say he did a crappy job, but can't point to one single thing you think he should have done. You're criticizing him, and you're admitting that you don't even know why. TDS in all of its glory.

Meanwhile our testing capabilities are way up, death rates are way down, and the vaccine is on track to e available sooner than is typical.

Incredible to me, but not the least bit surprising, that you can't criticize Cuomo, who obviously has blood on his hands here.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:17 PM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
'A ship I wouldn’t call that special " Ubnless a democratd did it, then it would be special.

I asked you a very specific question, which naturally you dodged.

What should Trump have done, that he didn't do, based on information we had at that time?

'what has he done since?"

Well he implemented operation warp speed to facilitate the production of a vaccine, there's that.

Have you seen how death rates are trending? Here's an NPR published study showing that death rates are about one-third of what they were at the start. But let's ignore that, because God forbid we admit anything that might make him look good!

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...19-death-rates

You say he did a crappy job, but can't point to one single thing you think he should have done. You're criticizing him, and you're admitting that you don't even know why. TDS in all of its glory.

Meanwhile our testing capabilities are way up, death rates are way down, and the vaccine is on track to e available sooner than is typical.

Incredible to me, but not the least bit surprising, that you can't criticize Cuomo, who obviously has blood on his hands here.
but can't point to one single thing you think he should have done

warp speed yes he should get credit for funding it yet another example another of seeing praise for Trump doing what’s expected of any POTUS

Funny Cuomo has blood on his hands for making a decision

Yet for you Trump makes no decision no blood on his hands

Trump trying to overturn an election with lies and no existing Fraud and your ok with that

Yes testing is up deaths are down
Yet
Hospital admission are at an all time high deaths are on the increase

And our lame duck Trump as always takes credit for the things that make him look good , like stock market and takes no other responsibility when thing go south and blames everyone else

That’s not what leaders do
Hence that’s why he’s no leader
He’s an opportunist

Yet

In the three weeks since Election Day, President Trump’s most visible presence has been on Twitter. Since Nov. 3, he has posted some 550 tweets — about three-quarters of which attempted to undermine the integrity of the 2020 election results.

While COVID runs rampant what a petty man
Old 11-24-2020, 05:20 PM   #9
zimmy

Quote:

I know your point. I meant to say approval of pandemic handling was initially positive. I don't believe any large part of the population would have given him grief for taking appropriate measures to protect people if he could have done it and acted like a responsible adult at minimum. Bush was hugely popular for his initial handling of 9/11 soon after one of them most contacting l contentious elections in history. Trump isn't historically unpopular because of spite, it is because he is a childish buffoon.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:04 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
I know your point. I meant to say approval of pandemic handling was initially positive. I don't believe any large part of the population would have given him grief for taking appropriate measures to protect people if he could have done it and acted like a responsible adult at minimum. Bush was hugely popular for his initial handling of 9/11 soon after one of them most contacting l contentious elections in history. Trump isn't historically unpopular because of spite, it is because he is a childish buffoon.
part of it is trumps fault. part is a media determined to help
democrats and determined to smear republicans.

They portrayed Bush as an idiot and a racist ( despite the fact that he did more for africa, literally, than any human who has ever lived).

McCain was a senile old racist.

Romney was a heartless plutocrat who objectified women.

how much time did every network except fox, spend cornering any of the following:

tax cuts that did actually help
the poor ( doubled the standard deduction, increased child tax credits)

lowest black unemployment ever

increased funding for black colleges

criminal justice reform

no questionable wars

progress towards peace in the middle east

america energy independent

for gods sake, three years after charlottesville, they’re still
saying he didn’t denounce racists there, when the transcript clearly shows he did

i’m not saying he deserves a love fest like obama got, and which biden is getting and will get. but it would be nice if the media could be fair, fair meaning we accurately cover the pros and the cons.

look at the lefties here. only one of them, exactly one, can say anything good about a conservative or critical of a democrat.

there’s a reason why greedy companies are happy to spend a million bucks on a 30 second tv commercial, because it works.

Biden got a free infomercial, 24 hours a day, for 4 years