Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2008, 10:21 AM   #1
Sluggoslinger

Angry Neighbor in Chatham Squatting in our house.

OK, where to begin... My parants have a neighbor in chatham who recently went through a divorce, had a nervous breakdown and started drinking a fair amount. Long story short he stopped paying the mortgage on his house and it got forclosed and sold. He asked my father if he could stay for a night after the close of his house and as a good neighbor my father says sure and the neighbor says he'll be out the next day. My fater is 73 and just a good man that doesn't ever get mad and always wants to help people.

Yesterday my father decides to head down to the cape to check on the house and spend the weekend. When he arrives the place is an absolute mess, there is a kitty litter box in the living room for his cat and he has his little poodle there. The basement is filled with boxes and apparantly he is living in my bedroom in the basement (where all my fishing stuff is). Outside is a dump with boxes and furniture in the lawn.

My father said he walked around the house and got in his car to drive around and regain his calm. He was so distraut he was shaking. He came back and told the neighbor that if everything wasn't out by Thursday then he would have it taken to the dump. It was a hard thing to do since this guy has no place to go but its not our problem.

He called me this morning asking for advice. I'm in california so i can't be of much help but if i was there i'd want to kill the guy for taking advantage of my father. First off i'm worried that this guy has no place to go and no money so he could do well hauking a bunch of our stuff and taking off. Second i know he won't be gone by thursday and this is going to get ugly, no question about it. We are going to have to use force to get him out and that is something my dad just doesn't have in him...

Can we get the police involved? What would you do? A lawyers advice would be great...
Sluggoslinger is offline   Reply With Quote