Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Main Forum » How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks

How To's, F.A.Q.s, Tips, & Tricks How-To's, Tips & Tricks plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) **** Please Do Not Start Discussions or Ask New Questions in Here **** This is for popular Threads To be moved here for easy access & discussion. Post all new questions in main Stripertalk Forum

Old 04-25-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
crashfromamesbury

reverse atom, how do you work them?

i have a couple from my grandfathers collection, not really in collectable shape, and i got a couple more a year back in a trade..

how do you work them? i have light amber and the redish color also..

or are they still collectable?

I heard somewhere that piping plover is indian for "tastes like chicken" ..
crashfromamesbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:40 AM   #2
GonnaCatchABig1
must find the fish

i'd like to know too. have a few kicking around. haven't tossed any of them cause i have no idea where to begin. (i think some one mentioned it a while ago. but it went in one ear and out the other)

There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965
GonnaCatchABig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:14 AM   #3
Backbeach Jake

Sometimes like a pencil, sometimes in short fast spurts, I mix it up.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine
Backbeach Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:01 AM   #4
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake View Post
Sometimes like a pencil, sometimes in short fast spurts, I mix it up.
What BBJ said.

The Reverse is a great plug and the amber is a killer - excellent squid imitator.

If you want to save your grand-dad's plug for sentimental reasons there's a slightly smaller version of the Reverse Atom being put out by An-Co Lures in East Providence and comes in amber, purple, deep red etc.

The little lure company is owned by John Anterni who was with Bob Pond in the 40's and made the first molds for him when Atom went to plastic.

I first met John at the RISAA show when he shared a booth with John Habs and Capt Don Cameron a few years back - John is probably 84 or 85 years young now and still fishes as I understand it. I heard he was at this year's RISAA show but missed him...

If ya ever get the chance to introduce yourself to John Anterni, do it - he has a lot of stories to tell if you listen. He's easy to recognize in South County - he's an 80-something year old who's probably still as nimble as most guys in their 30's.

(JohnR, you can remove this if you feel it's inappropriate - just wanted to let guys know a reverse is still being produced)

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote