Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 03-20-2019, 03:33 PM   #1
wdmso

somehow he must be misinterpreted again I guess ..

Seems I am once again Just trying to make Trump look Bad ...

“I endorsed him at his request and I gave him the kind of funeral he wanted, which as president I had to approve.”

“I don’t care about this,” Trump continued. "I didn’t get a thank you. That’s okay. We sent him on the way. But I wasn’t a fan of John McCain.”

Trump’s attacks have also appeared to unleash trolls targeting the McCain family...

Shocking Trumps speaks and minions leap into action ...
Old 03-20-2019, 04:15 PM   #2
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

“I endorsed him at his request and I gave him the kind of funeral he wanted, which as president I had to approve.”

“I don’t care about this,” Trump continued. "I didn’t get a thank you. That’s okay. We sent him on the way. But I wasn’t a fan of John McCain.”

Trump’s attacks have also appeared to unleash trolls targeting the McCain family...

Shocking Trumps speaks and minions leap into action ...
Other than what he actually said and you quoted, how do you "interpret" what he said.
Old 03-20-2019, 04:40 PM   #3
spence

Why has Trump been repeatedly disparaging a dead war hero all week?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-20-2019, 05:29 PM   #4
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Because he's an Azzhole, we've already agreed on this.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 03-20-2019, 05:50 PM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
Could it be that if asked he answers honestly? Could it be that the war hero was a traitor to his vow to get rid of Obama care? Could it be that McCain was instrumental in promoting the unverified and salacious Steele Dossier which was used to make possible the Mueller investigation which has been a pain in the neck to his administration? Could it be that McCain was part of the never Trump Republicans who even now are making it more difficult for the Trump administration? Could it be that even though McCain is dead, his anti-Trump legacy is still alive and kicking within the anti-Trump campaign? Could it be that the McCain war hero legacy is overshadowed by his vindictive anti-Trump personal agenda? That he left this earthly vale as a small minded, self-serving, bitter and spiteful crank that served his venom rather than his duty and honor simply out of hate for Trump? That the truth is larger than an old myth? And that the anti Trump narrative that he left behind still lives and lingers in the minds of folks like you who use it to keep bashing Trump?

And that Trump is, as TDF says, an azzhole?

Could be all of the above and more. Why do you care? Does it make you want to vomit?
Old 03-20-2019, 05:54 PM   #6
Sea Dangles

The guy did Trump no favors and the petty baby responded predictably.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:01 PM   #7
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

If Trump could he would sneak in and piss on his grave. It’s typical Trump if you speak out against him or aren’t kissing his arse, the insults and bullying begin. He is thin skinned and if you cross him, he just can’t ever let it go. To him kicking a man when he is down is nothing and be because he just can’t let anything go, he is kicking a man and his family after his death. The adjectives to discribe his aborant behavior should make us all proud to have him as our leader and chief, like I said before; to his base the means justify the ends. Pretty said this is the behavior that is now considered acceptable and common place.
Old 03-20-2019, 07:08 PM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Could it be that if asked he answers honestly? Could it be that the war hero was a traitor to his vow to get rid of Obama care? Could it be that McCain was instrumental in promoting the unverified and salacious Steele Dossier which was used to make possible the Mueller investigation which has been a pain in the neck to his administration? Could it be that McCain was part of the never Trump Republicans who even now are making it more difficult for the Trump administration? Could it be that even though McCain is dead, his anti-Trump legacy is still alive and kicking within the anti-Trump campaign? Could it be that the McCain war hero legacy is overshadowed by his vindictive anti-Trump personal agenda? That he left this earthly vale as a small minded, self-serving, bitter and spiteful crank that served his venom rather than his duty and honor simply out of hate for Trump? That the truth is larger than an old myth? And that the anti Trump narrative that he left behind still lives and lingers in the minds of folks like you who use it to keep bashing Trump?

And that Trump is, as TDF says, an azzhole?

Could be all of the above and more. Why do you care? Does it make you want to vomit?
I think it’s all very odd and points to an underlying condition. This isn’t just Trump being a jerk. He has a serious mental issue,
Old 03-20-2019, 08:51 PM   #9
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

like I said before; to his base the means justify the ends.

I give you a day and a half till you say it yet again...
Old 03-20-2019, 08:52 PM   #10
scottw

Quote:
He has a serious mental issue,
back to that one huh? maybe Muller will get him this week
Old 03-21-2019, 12:01 AM   #11
scottw

Quote:

I think it’s all very odd and points to an underlying condition. He has a serious mental issue,

this is what the democrats and media were saying about the war hero when he wanted to be president...among other disparaging things...repeatedly...I guess it was ok then
Old 03-21-2019, 03:30 AM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
this is what the democrats and media were saying about the war hero when he wanted to be president...among other disparaging things...repeatedly...I guess it was ok then
Have you secretly been sharing secrets with Jim...

Now your starting to compare things that are not remotely the same

Saw a similar quote about the rights use of False Equivalence from 2013 tweaked it to 2019 ..

“If Trump supporters did sports reporting, every game would be a tie.”
Old 03-21-2019, 03:43 AM   #13
wdmso

Some comments from the base
Storie GOP Sen. Isakson: Trump’s Attack on McCain Is ‘Deplorable’

comments from the Trump Faithful "still say we could finance a mighty fine wall by putting pay urinals at the McCain grave."

and in scotts view
Storie Donna Brazile Trashed John McCain While He Was Alive; Now She’s His Biggest Fan

because Brazile called an “interesting article” in 2014 was a mean-spirited personal attack, with lines such as: “McCain had so much sunshine blown up his ass that his colon must have looked like Cabo San Lucas.” It referred to the war hero as a “small boy,” (please note while alive and able to respond )

comments from the Trump Faithful " News daytime programming is no different than CNN and McCain was a traitor. People that praise him are not to be trusted."

the true face of todays republican base I mean trump's base the readers of breitbart
Old 03-21-2019, 05:34 AM   #14
Sea Dangles

From WD40, “I don’t hate Trump,I hate his base.”
Old 03-21-2019, 06:00 AM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
back to that one huh? maybe Muller will get him this week
maybe??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mueller.jpeg
Views:	444
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	66093  

Old 03-21-2019, 06:46 AM   #16
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

He is not a great leader, he is a narcissist.

Two Narcissists in Chief in a row, how lucky are we?

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-21-2019, 06:52 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
I think it’s all very odd and points to an underlying condition. Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The condition being, he has the uncanny ability to instantly drive you off the deep end.

And has been said by Dangles and TDF here, and me many times, Trump is a vindictive baby with no filter of what comes out of his mouth. He's unbelievably cocky and brash and boorish.

As Detbuch also said, McCain didn't do any favors for Trump, and to the extent that McCain helped spread the Hilary-funded fabricated dossier, McCain has earned derogatory remarks from Trump (remarks that could be expressed in a more mature, dignified way to be sure).

Let's ask Carter Page, a citizen never charged with anything as far as I know, how his life has been since the DOJ used that garbage dossier to get a FISA warrant to spy on him.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:53 AM   #18
Jim in CT

Quote:
Ohhh, you got that right. Funny how their "principles" changed when their needs changed.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:34 AM   #19
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Ohhh, you got that right. Funny how their "principles" changed when their needs changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
He is not a great leader, he is a narcissist.

Two Narcissists in Chief in a row, how lucky are we?
Wow 2 false equivalency as if in cue must be an amazing skill to see everything as equal
Old 03-21-2019, 07:38 AM   #20
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
From WD40, “I don’t hate Trump,I hate his base.”
Seems Trump and his base are wearing their hate proudly .. or have I missed represented these poor missunderstood people
Old 03-21-2019, 07:49 AM   #21
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Wow 2 false equivalency as if in cue must be an amazing skill to see everything as equal

No. I call balls and strikes, from both parties.

Unlike you, I understand there are good people on the left and right, bad people on the left and right, and good people on the left and right that do bad things.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 03-21-2019, 07:52 AM   #22
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
I give you a day and a half till you say it yet again...
Gee willikers I’m sorry 3-4 mentions bothers you, you must have a low tolerance when it comes to hearing the truth. Not like the mind numbing reputation of witch hunt or no collusion the country has been exposed to.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:40 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:

Can I ask you something? Obviously, you feel like many of the non-democrats here, refuse to acknowledge that Trump isn't a saint, and that all we do is defend him and deflect attention away from the terrible things he says and does.

Here is my question...who here, exactly, acts that way? You're acting like we're all a bunch of Sean Hannity's.

Do you know how to read? Read the responses to your original post. TDF was openly critical of Trump, so was Dangles, so was John, so was I.

I'll go slow here, and try to use small words...

We. All. Agree. With. You. That. He's. Not. A. Good. Guy. No. One. Denies. This. No. One. He. Has. Terrible. Ethics.

You think the world is broken into two groups, those who voted for Hilary, and those who think Trump is a God. That's not close to being true. You constantly accuse me of being a Trump apologist, and I can't stand the guy.

Take off your tin foil hat, put down the Kool Aid, and read what we are saying. Respond to what we are actually saying. You keep saying we refuse to acknowledge Trumps many many flaws. Who are you referring to?
Old 03-21-2019, 09:24 AM   #24
wdmso

Quote:
Can I ask you something? Obviously, you feel like many of the non-democrats here, refuse to acknowledge that Trump isn't a saint, and that all we do is defend him and deflect attention away from the terrible things he says and does.

Here is my question...who here, exactly, acts that way? You're acting like we're all a bunch of Sean Hannity's.

Do you know how to read? Read the responses to your original post. TDF was openly critical of Trump, so was Dangles, so was John, so was I.

I'll go slow here, and try to use small words...

We. All. Agree. With. You. That. He's. Not. A. Good. Guy. No. One. Denies. This. No. One. He. Has. Terrible. Ethics.

You think the world is broken into two groups, those who voted for Hilary, and those who think Trump is a God. That's not close to being true. You constantly accuse me of being a Trump apologist, and I can't stand the guy.

Take off your tin foil hat, put down the Kool Aid, and read what we are saying. Respond to what we are actually saying. You keep saying we refuse to acknowledge Trumps many many flaws. Who are you referring to?
Tin foil hat I find it comical your answer to Trump is summed up with he has terrible ethics ..

That's my biggest issue with Trump supporters it's far bigger than just terrible ethics .

And based on how current Trump supporters framed Obama for his past 8 year . And if he did and said a fraction of what Trump has said and done OMG... talk about hypocritical

For me Trump has diminished the office of the Potus to new lows never witnessed and not because he's a Republican or orange

But by his own hand and of those whom he brought with him to Drain the Swamp but no one seems to care what he put back once drained
Old 03-21-2019, 09:50 AM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Tin foil hat I find it comical your answer to Trump is summed up with he has terrible ethics ..

That's my biggest issue with Trump supporters it's far bigger than just terrible ethics .

And based on how current Trump supporters framed Obama for his past 8 year . And if he did and said a fraction of what Trump has said and done OMG... talk about hypocritical

For me Trump has diminished the office of the Potus to new lows never witnessed and not because he's a Republican or orange

But by his own hand and of those whom he brought with him to Drain the Swamp but no one seems to care what he put back once drained
so your issue, is that i’m not going far enough when i say he has terrible ethics, or that he’s morally bankrupt, or when i say he’s a vindictive baby?

how would you put it, exactly? is he literally hitler in disguise? is he The Blob? Or is he the monster from the movie ‘The Thing?’

our economy is roaring, the constitution still exists, all of our institutions are in tact ( for now...the dems want to abolish the electoral college and change the makeup of the supreme court because they lost in 2016). The country is doing just fine, and will easily survive the admittedly embarrassing behavior if Trump. Our Republic is way too vast to be undone by one guy, thank his.

you crack me up. When i say he’s disgusting, you’re insulted by that, because i’m not going far enough. You can’t impeach him just because you hate him. that’s not an impeachable offense.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:59 AM   #26
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Gee willikers I’m sorry 3-4 mentions bothers you, you must have a low tolerance when it comes to hearing the truth. Not like the mind numbing reputation of witch hunt or no collusion the country has been exposed to.
Just because you say so it must be true? But Trump is the narcissist authoritarian?

You've repeated this means/ends meme but never explained (I asked you twice and you didn't answer) specifically what are his means to what ends. What means did he use to get a tax cut? What means did he use to renegotiate trade policies? What means did he use to get NATO members to pony up their fair share? What means did he use to pick SCOTUS Judges? What means did he use to make a dramatic upward shift of the economy?
Old 03-21-2019, 10:00 AM   #27
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
so your issue, is that i’m not going far enough when i say he has terrible ethics, or that he’s morally bankrupt, or when i say he’s a vindictive baby?

how would you put it, exactly? is he literally hitler in disguise? is he The Blob? Or is he the monster from the movie ‘The Thing?’

our economy is roaring, the constitution still exists, all of our institutions are in tact ( for now...the dems want to abolish the electoral college and change the makeup of the supreme court because they lost in 2016). The country is doing just fine, and will easily survive the admittedly embarrassing behavior if Trump. Our Republic is way too vast to be undone by one guy, thank his.

you crack me up. When i say he’s disgusting, you’re insulted by that, because i’m not going far enough. You can’t impeach him just because you hate him. that’s not an impeachable offense.
They will forgive your sins if you Sky Scream 20 "Not my Presidents" and then devote your life to telling people that they're wrong if they disagree with anything, literally, anything they say that has an inkling of positivity towards Trump in it.

Getting a pic of AOC tattooed on your left butt cheek might help as well.

Last edited by The Dad Fisherman; 03-21-2019 at 10:16 AM..

Old 03-21-2019, 10:10 AM   #28
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Seems Trump and his base are wearing their hate proudly .. or have I missed represented these poor missunderstood people
You are simply the boy who cries wolf every time he sees a sheep. Ring a bell?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 03-21-2019, 10:13 AM   #29
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
They will forgive your sins if you Sky Scream 20 "Not my Presidents" and then devote your life to telling people that they're wrong if they disagree with anything, literally, anything they say that has an inkling of positivity towards Trump in it.

Getting a pic of AOC tattooed on your left butt cheek might help as well.
that’s where we are.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:09 AM   #30
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
You are simply the boy who cries wolf every time he sees a sheep. Ring a bell?
But AOC is the face of the democratic party lol