Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 02-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
PlugFest Shaping Up!

Its coming together folks! Its coming this Saturday (See the sticky's at the top of the page for details and location) We got some demos being done by Dave LaPorte (Stiff Tip is Loading Cotton Cordells so bring some along and he will show you how), Rockfish9 (Joe is gonna show us some of his jigs for drilling and cutting plug bodies), Slipknot (Bruce is going to demo thru drilling on a lathe), JFiguiolo is going to be sharpening skews, EastEndLou will be sharpening drill bits and The Greek will be doing a handcarve demo! MikeCC will be there with all of his plug building supplies from M & D's Bait and Tackle/Cape Cod Tackle so we can all load up on hardware! There are going to be some great vintage plug collections displayed along with many of todays custom builders showing and swapping their work with one another! There is also going to be food.......ohhhhh the food.......so do not forget to add something to the potluck feast! Also there will be contests and a couple of raffles so if you want to contribute to the raffles feel free and make sure you buy some tickets for the raffles...always great prizes to be had!!! Did I forget to add anything here guys???

Last edited by BigFish; 02-16-2010 at 03:29 PM..

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
angler229

They're so excited the plugs are trying to jump out of the box.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	They'reExcited.JPG
Views:	203
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	38274  
angler229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #3
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

I etex'd my first plug last night that I built myself. I can't post pics yet. Waiting for the paint scheme copyright to come through.............

Have to start making meatballs.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #4
eastendlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
I etex'd my first plug last night that I built myself. I can't post pics yet. Waiting for the paint scheme copyright to come through.............

Have to start making meatballs.
You finished more than me i have a ton of bodies done my contest plug 80% finished but stuck working so i won't have a shot at finishing anything in time. I need another two weeks I will sharpen drills and bring a jig or two for show and tell. Maybe i will get a chance and help Slip give a thru drilling how to Lu style.

Originally Posted by Flaptail
"Throw plugs like we do that will cause them to suffer humility. Pogies make any fisherman look good when bass are around. Bait is easy."
eastendlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #5
saltydog

I stuck w/ old style this year.did up some Fishing Plug Decoys-->
RED WING BLACK BIRDS for a SWAP.
if you want to swap one let me know, Ill save one for ya
GOOD LUCK GOOD PLUGGIN
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plug Decoys.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	38281  

saltydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastendlu View Post
You finished more than me i have a ton of bodies done my contest plug 80% finished but stuck working so i won't have a shot at finishing anything in time. I need another two weeks I will sharpen drills and bring a jig or two for show and tell. Maybe i will get a chance and help Slip give a thru drilling how to Lu style.

I hear ya on the work part.... we moved the whole machine shop a week ago.. last week I worked over 70 hours( including Sat and Sun) getting everything up and running... guess how much i got done... at least Uncle Sam will benifit from it..I've got my contest plug(s) primed... tonight hopefuly i paint..

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #7
Slips'son

hey! don't forget about me! i'm gonna be giving out name tags and tickets again this year!
Slips'son is offline   Reply With Quote