Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-06-2013, 02:01 PM   #1
FishermanTim

More of the never-ending welfare fiasco....

So the state doled out an "extra" $25 million in welfare benefits, and then spent untold millions in overtime to the same staff that screwed up in the first place so they could "try" and fix it??? WTF???
We are in so dire a need of welfare reform, that if welfare were a person they would be getting last rites and the unscrupulous relatives would be planning on raiding its house the second it died!!!

We need to eliminate wasteful spending all right, starting with EVERYONE involved with this corrupt, waste-ridden, poverty maintaining system!

Stop rewarding people for becoming sperm dumpsters for another few bucks, make EVERYONE accountable for their benefits and promote the system as a completely TRANSITORY aid and not a life time career or achievement.

Sure, some of these losers "quit" before the sh*t hits the fan, but that's only so they can keep their "well-earned" pensions and they can hook up with some other wasteful position created for funkies in the state house.

I say get rid of them all!!
Old 02-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #2
tysdad115

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishermanTim View Post
Stop rewarding people for becoming sperm dumpsters for another few bucks, make EVERYONE accountable for their benefits and promote the system as a completely TRANSITORY aid and not a life time career or achievement.
Perfect example..The entire family across me are losers, habitual offenders ,drug addicts etc. The oldest daughter 35years old or so ,her son turned 18 graduated high school moves out of their section 8 housing. She gets bounced from state aid, kicked out of the apartment WE were paying for this junkie scum to live in. Great job MA ! Except what do you think she did?? Got knocked up again intentionally, now back in state housing living the large life. Her and her husband are convicted felons and absolute waste products. They are "lifers" on the system and manipulate the hell out of it. So here will be another drug addicted baby born to the "commonwealth" for us all to support it and the useless,unemployed parents.

Does your incessant whining make you feel better? How about you just shut the hell up and suck it up? It's a fishing forum , so please just stop.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #3
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:

!
Offering a $500 reward for a vasectomy would go a long way to cut down
on pregnancy and abortion.

" Choose Life "
Old 02-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
striperman36
Old Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by justplugit View Post
Offering a $500 reward for a vasectomy would go a long way to cut down
on pregnancy and abortion.
you'd have some ACLU limo commando screamin about it in court
Old 02-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Your probably right, but if women have access to birth contol why not men?
I agree the $500 might be questioned but if they are working it could
be a tax break, if not to keep it FAIR give them the $.
I have a feeling there would be lines around the block.

" Choose Life "
Old 02-10-2013, 02:20 PM   #6
tysdad115

Having kids is their perpetual income..there would be no line at all.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-18-2013, 10:04 AM   #7
Jackbass
Land OF Forgotten Toys

Welfare is a difficult subject. No one can truly pin point the level of waste and our pols continue to veto logical(to most) changes to the system. It is unfortunate to say the least. There are people who need the "transitional" assistance and utilize it to better themselves. Others look at as a way to buck the system and live leisurely.

Welfare was never intended to provide people with the same quality of living that working families have. Now the programs provide at no charge almost a better quality of life. Free cell phones free vehicles free dental and orthodontics and naturally free food and pocket money. Why would anyone work? Particularly in MA

The only way to enforce any type of reform increases bureaucracy. Which will cost more to taxpayers. Sad really.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 02-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #8
Tagger
Hydro Orientated Lures

start by drug testing for Welfare .. I drug test for my job and if I fail I'll be asked to leave ,, no job , no money , tough cookies .

Belcher Goonfoock (retired)
(dob 4-21-07)
Old 02-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #9
striperman36
Old Guy

if you start drug testing for welfare, you inconvience the receipts from looking for work.
It's a terrible burden for the impoverished.

I had to take a friggin POLYGRAPH test this week for work. Let me see them do THAT! Along with the usual drug test and now hair samples
Old 02-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #10
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
start by drug testing for Welfare .. I drug test for my job and if I fail I'll be asked to leave ,, no job , no money , tough cookies .
Bingo Eddie, but that would require common sense.
If they can afford drugs they can afford food.

" Choose Life "
Old 03-01-2013, 04:34 PM   #11
FishermanTim

Our current political perverted thinking is that more welfare means more votes. Keep them on the dole and you'll keep them in your back pocket come election time.

Something needs to be done, either to the failed system as it is, or to those that fail to correct it.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #12
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Quote:
So the state doled out an "extra" $25 million in welfare benefits, and then spent untold millions in overtime to the same staff that screwed up in the first place so they could "try" and fix it??? WTF???
We are in so dire a need of welfare reform, that if welfare were a person they would be getting last rites and the unscrupulous relatives would be planning on raiding its house the second it died!!!

We need to eliminate wasteful spending all right, starting with EVERYONE involved with this corrupt, waste-ridden, poverty maintaining system!

Sure, some of these losers "quit" before the sh*t hits the fan, but that's only so they can keep their "well-earned" pensions and they can hook up with some other wasteful position created for funkies in the state house.

I say get rid of them all!!
And bank robbers get five years for a few thousand dollars!

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman