Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-25-2016, 05:21 AM   #1
Jim in CT

DNC builds fence (wall?) around convention site?

Not even a little bit of irony to see here, nope.

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/dnc...nvention-site/

Also, since it's in Philadelphia, and the DNC is honoring the families of those who would murder cops...maybe the mother of Abu Mumia Jamal will give a Thursday night speech. She's a victim, you know.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:44 AM   #2
scottw

they like open borders and gated communities
Old 07-25-2016, 06:38 AM   #3
wdmso

you have no shame posting misleading stuff do you .. I guess you didn't get this story in your in box

http://www.wkyc.com/news/crews-add-f...ity-/272169062
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	694940094001_5038349376001_d19ab872-3ef6-4b4e-aef7-af6791faa9a5.jpg
Views:	506
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	63211  
Old 07-25-2016, 06:41 AM   #4
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
you have no shame posting misleading stuff do you .. I guess you didn't get this story in your in box

no irony since Trump is in favor of walls and fences..."HUUUUUUGE ONES"

probable a good idea considering the violence, property damage and mayhem the dem groups have proven themselves capable of....guess they couldn't afford to make it to both conventions so they picked Philly....

Last edited by scottw; 07-25-2016 at 06:50 AM..
Old 07-25-2016, 06:45 AM   #5
scottw

precious....

"Bernie Sanders Supporters Chant ‘Lock Her Up’ in Philadelphia Protest Against Clinton"

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/0...ainst-clinton/

not a good sign when the people you're hoping to court...want you "locked up"

Last edited by scottw; 07-25-2016 at 06:55 AM..
Old 07-25-2016, 07:03 AM   #6
buckman

We should pad lock them once they are all inside and save the tax payers money . The cost of investigations are killing the economy ...ask Spence
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 07-25-2016, 07:29 AM   #7
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
precious....

"Bernie Sanders Supporters Chant ‘Lock Her Up’ in Philadelphia Protest Against Clinton"

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/0...ainst-clinton/

not a good sign when the people you're hoping to court...want you "locked up"
Javier Ruiz, 20, listed the 2012 Benghazi terrorist attacks, her use of personal email email and her refusal to unconditionally condemn hydraulic fracturing as reasons she should be imprisoned.

I love the last reason .. more than likely the only one she came up with on her own.. Trust me the Democrats base and the GOP base are just different faces on the same coin... there just to stupid to see it
Old 07-25-2016, 07:41 AM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:

Ummm, maybe you don't know what hypocrisy means.

Republicans are openly in favor of walls for security. SO it' snot surprising that they'd have a fence at their convention.

Now follow closely, here is the important part...

Democrats like to attack Republicans for the fact that we want a wall on the border. Democrats say that we should be building bridges, not walls. And they use this notion at attack Trump.

So if Democrats think it's immoral for Trump to build a wall for security, it's very interesting (read: indefensible bullsh*t) that those same Dems want a wall for their own security.

SO the Dems want a wall to protect them in Philadelphia. But American citizens who live near the Mexican border, are not entitled to the same protection.

Can you explain why that is?

Have fun with that.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:48 AM   #9
buckman

Quote:
Javier Ruiz, 20, listed the 2012 Benghazi terrorist attacks, her use of personal email email and her refusal to unconditionally condemn hydraulic fracturing as reasons she should be imprisoned.

I love the last reason .. more than likely the only one she came up with on her own.. Trust me the Democrats base and the GOP base are just different faces on the same coin... there just to stupid to see it
Who ?
Old 07-25-2016, 08:09 AM   #10
scottw

Quote:

I'm not accusing a democrat protester of being intelligent or informed...
Old 07-25-2016, 08:51 AM   #11
Jim in CT

I also understand that a photo id is required to get into the Democratic convention. What do you know about that? Somehow, it' not racist when they require it.

A wall, and a photo id required to get past that wall. Sounds a lot like Pat Buchanan to me.

Many of the liberals here say that Republicans who want to require a photo id to vote, are just looking to suppress the black vote. I guess the DNC doesn't want any poor black people to be at their convention, since getting a photo id is such a burden for them. Right?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...er-convention/

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-25-2016 at 09:09 AM..
Old 07-27-2016, 05:47 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

Republicans are openly in favor of walls for security. SO it' snot surprising that they'd have a fence at their convention.

Democrats like to attack Republicans for the fact that we want a wall on the border. Democrats say that we should be building bridges, not walls. And they use this notion at attack Trump.

So if Democrats think it's immoral for Trump to build a wall for security, it's very interesting (read: indefensible bullsh*t) that those same Dems want a wall for their own security.

SO the Dems want a wall to protect them in Philadelphia. But American citizens who live near the Mexican border, are not entitled to the same protection.

Have fun with that.
wow you can twist stuff around cant you id love to see you post something that wasn't an email giving you your marching orders
Old 07-27-2016, 05:52 PM   #13
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
wow you can twist stuff around cant you id love to see you post something that wasn't an email giving you your marching orders
That's a public sector or union thing.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:23 AM   #14
wdmso

More from Mr presidential

Some joke

Russia, if you're listening,I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing; I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

let see the verbal gymnastics on this one ...
Old 07-28-2016, 04:54 AM   #15
buckman

Quote:
Some joke

Russia, if you're listening,I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing; I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

Yes that's more important than selling Russia 25% of our uranium stock.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:52 AM   #16
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Some joke

What verbal gynastics?
He didn't ask them to hack into anyone's computer and the 30,000 emails he hopes they find. According to Hillary the 30,000 emails were only the personal emails that she deleted. Could there have been information that wasn't personal that she deleted after all? No, she would never lie.
Old 07-28-2016, 06:58 AM   #17
Ian
Idiot

Quote:

Have fun with that.
So beyond the symbolic hypocrisy here, I have to point out two things:

1) How the hell is the convention supposed to protect its attendees? If they DIDN'T put up a fence and god forbid a couple whack jobs from ISIS made there way in there and caused some crap to happen, you'd all be saying, "Where was the fence? Where was the security?" (And don't say "Democrats hate walls, so they'll have to figure it out themselves... why don't they protect themselves with spoons because once they've taken away all the guns and fences, we're all defenseless" because thats just plain BS and we all know it)

2) The cost of 4 miles of fence around the DNC in Philly vs the cost of a 2000 mile fence are quite different... Like 500x different. Add to that the fact that people would be pole vaulting over an 8' fence on that border, and you have a pretty weak argument. An 8' fence surrounding a convention isn't "huge" and isn't a "wall"... Call a spade a spade and choose a different topic to bend to your own will.

At this point in this race, I'm shocked that anyone can still be lambasting Hillary, because if she loses, Trump wins. You think the rest of the world hates us right now? You think things were bad under the diplomatic policies of Obama, where we tried to settle things with conversation and reason? You think our soldiers were unsafe with Obama calling the shots as the commander in chief?

I have news for you, this guy is a full on whack job. You can paint the whole "I don't like either one" but the reality is that one of them is going to win. And if its not Hillary, its Trump. The past 8 years have proven that a President with aspirations for social change in this country is borderline powerless, and can't do much along a hard left agenda. The next 4 years under President Trump would be a lesson in how much HARM a president can do to our domestic and foreign status. I don't really like her either, but good god she's a better choice than a guy who openly praises the leadership abilities of multiple foreign dictators and invites espionage from a hostile foreign country to forward his status in a national election.

Give me a break

The artist formerly known as Scratch59.
Old 07-28-2016, 07:06 AM   #18
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
What verbal gynastics?
He didn't ask them to hack into anyone's computer and the 30,000 emails he hopes they find. According to Hillary the 30,000 emails were only the personal emails that she deleted. Could there have been information that wasn't personal that she deleted after all? No, she would never lie.
Hopefully, they find the 20,000,000 emails that were on the RNC's server that the RNC deleted - right?
Old 07-28-2016, 07:11 AM   #19
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
So beyond the symbolic hypocrisy here, I have to point out two things:

1) How the hell is the convention supposed to protect its attendees? If they DIDN'T put up a fence and god forbid a couple whack jobs from ISIS made there way in there and caused some crap to happen, you'd all be saying, "Where was the fence? Where was the security?" (And don't say "Democrats hate walls, so they'll have to figure it out themselves... why don't they protect themselves with spoons because once they've taken away all the guns and fences, we're all defenseless" because thats just plain BS and we all know it)

2) The cost of 4 miles of fence around the DNC in Philly vs the cost of a 2000 mile fence are quite different... Like 500x different. Add to that the fact that people would be pole vaulting over an 8' fence on that border, and you have a pretty weak argument. An 8' fence surrounding a convention isn't "huge" and isn't a "wall"... Call a spade a spade and choose a different topic to bend to your own will.

At this point in this race, I'm shocked that anyone can still be lambasting Hillary, because if she loses, Trump wins. You think the rest of the world hates us right now? You think things were bad under the diplomatic policies of Obama, where we tried to settle things with conversation and reason? You think our soldiers were unsafe with Obama calling the shots as the commander in chief?

I have news for you, this guy is a full on whack job. You can paint the whole "I don't like either one" but the reality is that one of them is going to win. And if its not Hillary, its Trump. The past 8 years have proven that a President with aspirations for social change in this country is borderline powerless, and can't do much along a hard left agenda. The next 4 years under President Trump would be a lesson in how much HARM a president can do to our domestic and foreign status. I don't really like her either, but good god she's a better choice than a guy who openly praises the leadership abilities of multiple foreign dictators and invites espionage from a hostile foreign country to forward his status in a national election.

Give me a break
Unless some foreign entity has the 30,000 missing emails and they use them to influence her. Then let's not forget The pay to play issue with the Clinton Foundation and Bills speaking fees that should alarm anyone with half a brain.

https://youtu.be/YoTn3cHtXxQ

Last edited by ecduzitgood; 07-28-2016 at 07:16 AM..
Old 07-28-2016, 07:22 AM   #20
PaulS

More hilarious comments by Trump yesterday. Doesn't know the difference bt Tim Kaine and Tom Kean. Jive and Jibe. Kurds vs Quds.

Why doesn't Ivanka take his phone away?
Old 07-28-2016, 07:34 AM   #21
ecduzitgood
time to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
More hilarious comments by Trump yesterday. Doesn't know the difference bt Tim Kaine and Tom Kean. Jive and Jibe. Kurds vs Quds.

Why doesn't Ivanka take his phone away?
Not many people knew either Kaine or Kean until he, let's go with the Democratic term, mispoke.
I noticed you didn't have time to view the video. Take 12 minutes and see what the rest of us know.

Old 07-28-2016, 07:47 AM   #22
ecduzitgood
time to go

Those pesky 30,000 personal emails

https://youtu.be/FejTKEyveAA
Old 07-28-2016, 08:00 AM   #23
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hopefully, they find the 20,000,000 emails that were on the RNC's server that the RNC deleted - right?
Maybe the RNC takes security a little more seriously...I mean the other sides servers are just getting hacked left and right

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-28-2016, 08:15 AM   #24
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Maybe the RNC takes security a little more seriously...I mean the other sides servers are just getting hacked left and right
So it was ok to use private email accts then but not recently? When did the law change? Do we know the RNC's servers were or were not hacked?

Is there a difference?
Old 07-28-2016, 08:16 AM   #25
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecduzitgood View Post
Not many people knew either Kaine or Kean until he, let's go with the Democratic term, mispoke.
I noticed you didn't have time to view the video. Take 12 minutes and see what the rest of us know.

Really, not many people knew either? They were major politicians. Trump just made the comment 1 day ago. So you're saying it is ok for a Presidential Candidate not to know where his rivals running mate comes from?

Last edited by PaulS; 07-28-2016 at 08:26 AM..
Old 07-28-2016, 08:49 AM   #26
Jim in CT

Quote:
So it was ok to use private email accts then but not recently? When did the law change? Do we know the RNC's servers were or were not hacked?

Is there a difference?
Who else lied about what they did? That's one difference.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:09 AM   #27
ecduzitgood
time to go

Keep your head in the sand. The problem today is social media. You and the other Hillary supporters are very good at using social media to whip up your troops and get them to the poles. The problem arises when social media exposes what either side is actually saying or doing. The facts are out there to be found and posted to inform others. For instance when it came to getting the vote out Democrats handled it like this.

https://youtu.be/KQfPvQf8ZL4

Now you can ignore the videos I link and that's okay because you not discrediting the videos only shows how valid and informative they are.
Some Americans are waking up to how corrupt this government is and we are not going to stand idilely by and allow the BS to continue without being challenged.

https://youtu.be/iM0VCGCh3Fg
Old 07-28-2016, 09:22 AM   #28
PaulS

Quote:
Who else lied about what they did? That's one difference.
Are you familiar w/what happened?
Old 07-28-2016, 09:26 AM   #29
PaulS

Keep your head in the sand - that is funny.

You seem unconcerned that Trump doesn't even know the difference bt the Governor of the state next to where he has lived his whole life and his opponent's VP.

Hope he doesn't try to ship guns to the Quds.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:28 AM   #30
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
At this point in this race, I'm shocked that anyone can still be lambasting Hillary, because if she loses, Trump wins.

They are still lambasting Hillary because if she wins not only will Trump lose but the Supreme Court will be packed with Justices who will not honor their sworn oath to protect and defend the Constitution, but will continue the Progressive mission to destroy it.

You think the rest of the world hates us right now? You think things were bad under the diplomatic policies of Obama, where we tried to settle things with conversation and reason? You think our soldiers were unsafe with Obama calling the shots as the commander in chief?

You mean the conversation and reason that created the "reset" with Russia? You mean the conversation and reason that created a sitting duck mission in Benghazi? You mean the conversation and reason that deployed drone strikes? You mean the conversation and reason that supported the violent overthrow of Qadaffi? You mean the conversation and reason that called for and supported the overthrow of Assad? You mean the conversation and reason that touted a so-called conversational and reasonable talking point--The Arab Spring--which exploded into uncontrollable violence? You mean the conversation and reason that dismissed ISIS as the JV? You mean the conversation and reason that led the world from behind while the Middle East burned? You mean the conversation and reason that created red lines which were crossed with impunity? And so forth . . . ?

Soldiers may be safe if they don't have to fight, but are we safe if they don't?

I have news for you, this guy is a full on whack job.

That is not news. It is propaganda which you swallow.

You can paint the whole "I don't like either one" but the reality is that one of them is going to win. And if its not Hillary, its Trump. The past 8 years have proven that a President with aspirations for social change in this country is borderline powerless, and can't do much along a hard left agenda.

Constitutionally speaking, which probably means nothing to you, a President does not, should not, have the unilateral power to force social change on this country. Progressives have, over time, transformed the executive branch as the Central power's figurehead that not only executes, but directs, even dictates, whether and in which way this country changes. And the past 8 years have demonstrated that growth in Presidential power. If the congress won't do it--I will. I have a pen and a phone. Presidents have increasingly, through the various levers of power given to them by Progressive extra-constitutional fabrications such as the regulatory agencies, put us under the thumb of their personal preferences and biases. It has happened so gradually over time that following generations haven't the experience of a different world so accept the growing Central power as how it is supposed to be. Obama has done much to continue the "fundamental transformation" of this country. It is curious that you don't see that. Maybe it has simply not been enough for you. How much power do you want the President to have. Or how much power do you want the Federal government to have, for that matter.

The next 4 years under President Trump would be a lesson in how much HARM a president can do to our domestic and foreign status.
The lesson in how much harm a President can do has grown, and has been demonstrated over the past 100 years of Constitutional deconstruction. The fact that you fear Trump is a result of that deconstruction. It has replaced, to a massive extent, Constitutional government which limits Federal powers in general, and Presidential power in specific, with the Progressive ideal of unlimited central power. That the people now accept this transformation, don't even realize that the transformation has occurred, is a testament to how HARMFUL ignorance is. The Progressives have created the Frankenstein that they now fear. They have been warned, over and over, that the centralized, nearly all-powerful, system (if it can be called a system) of government they have generated to replace the Constitutional order, would eventually be used to harm us in ways that following the Constitution would have prevented. That their own notions would come back to bite them. Along comes Trump. And he has been handed the precedent. They fear what they have created.

Personally, I don't fear Trump as much as Hillary, because he is not irrevocably married to Progressive ideology. I doubt that he is on a mission to thoroughly destroy the remnants of the Constitutional order and to create that unstoppable, unlimited central power which could come back to bite him when he leaves office. Just my opinion, he prefers having enough personal power to influence and "deal" with politicians rather than being utterly dictated to by them.

Besides, if he were to attempt to do something really harmful to this country, he would gladly be impeached by Democrats, and would have the support by most, or enough, Republicans to do so. Hillary, on the other hand, would be the next instrument of the Progressive movement. Her ideology, and her party's, would be the same. Impeaching her would not be possible.

I don't really like her either, but good god she's a better choice than a guy who openly praises the leadership abilities of multiple foreign dictators and invites espionage from a hostile foreign country to forward his status in a national election.

He did not invite espionage from a hostile foreign country. That is spin.

Last edited by detbuch; 07-28-2016 at 09:34 AM..