Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

View Poll Results: If the other guy does a good job I will
...extend my hand and admit that I was wrong. 7 70.00%
....hide and hope that everybody forgets what I said. 0 0%
...say FU...FU...I Know he's done something wrong, the Bastard....and I am always right 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

If the Other Guy Wins...

and does a good job, what will you do.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #2
fishbones

I won't do any of the above because it's not a "who's right" or "who's wrong" issue for me. I vote based on who I think will be the best choice for me and my family. If Obama wins, I hope he surrounds himself with people who are going to help him make the right choices out of difficult decisions.

I certainly hope there's no backlash or rioting from supporters or detractors. Last thing this country needs is to become more divided at this point in time. In fact, I'd say the same things if McCain (my guy) were to win.

Either way, I'm going home tonight, having dinner with my family and relaxing by watching some tv and painting some plugs.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 11-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #3
Nebe

If Mccain wins and does a good job, I will let RIJIMMY log on to my account and post as Nebe for one week.

big shoes.. big shoes.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:59 PM   #4
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

hehe this ought to be good
Old 11-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
hehe this ought to be good
I'd like to think that people would take the High Road....I know I would

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 11-04-2008, 04:44 PM   #6
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

I am an American citizen first and formost and hope that whoever wins will move this country forward. If its Obama, I will be wary of the concerns I have stated about him but hope he amazes me and does great things for the country. I will celebrate the fact that we have an African American president and be proud of where this country has has came from.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 11-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #7
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
I am an American citizen first and formost and hope that whoever wins will move this country forward. If its Obama, I will be wary of the concerns I have stated about him but hope he amazes me and does great things for the country. I will celebrate the fact that we have an African American president and be proud of where this country has has came from.
I guess we'll have to wait for your interpretation of "forward"

For me it came down to one issue.

Dem control of exec/legislative branches -vs- McCain's sellout campaign (including the Palin issue)

I can't tell you how many would be McCain supporters I've spoken with who said the Palin pick just killed them.

It's interesting how little of my selection is based on party idiology.

Should be a fun night.

-spence
Old 11-04-2008, 06:17 PM   #8
Backbeach Jake

Who ever wins had damn well better do a good job. I don't believe that this country can take any more division and devisiveness. We do need to pull in time together on our oars toward a goal that benefits all, not just the priviledged few. If all Americans don't prosper, then we all fail. E Pluribus Unum.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
Thomas Paine