Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 03-06-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
RickBomba

Aftahpahty

Ahhhh,
I think we may need to find a new venue next year. The hotel people were PISSED at me for the fire extinguisher antics (that I missed)....We'll see if they charge me the $100 for the cleanup! Hope you weight room kids had fun (I hear you did).
Oh well,
I also find it strangely ironic that the one year I don't get F'd up, I get charged!

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
RickBomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
Rob Rockcrawler

Cost an extra 50 bucks for disturbance and clean up fees. The girl at the desk was really nice, but did say we may not be welcome back next year. This was my first TFCTFN and the venue was great maybe we can sneak in again next year, just use different names on the cc cards. It was a great time. Thanks for everyone who did the work. looking forward to it next year.

Everything is better on the rocks.
Rob Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:38 PM   #3
iamskippy

i went to check out as well and she says' i see u were part of that group of ruffians were u part of the shannangans? i laughed and said unfortunately no my girl became ill and i was in my room when the fire trucks showed up. she said well to bad u didnt get to enjoy the extra $50 charge on your card, but we are reviewing the film and if we place the face u will be credited back. think this was the first i was ever charged and i was sober! oh well was an absolute awesome time lookijg forward to wetting somelines with everyone this coming year!

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
Rob Rockcrawler

She didnt mention anything about a rebate or any videotape to me. I did however enjoy a delicious breakfast of bacon, cinnamon rolls and coffee. She laughed when i asked were to get breakfast, and told me i better get my 50.00 dollars worth.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
redlite

Yowzeers.....finally back on an even keel.
GREAT time last nite........our room looked like Charlie Sheen had been stayin there........Was that him that knocked on our door at like 3 this mornin???????Weirdo.

It was awesome being able to put faces to names and finally gettin to meet some of the folks on here that I have always wanted to meet--Excellent turn out.
Thanks to all that put it together.....gonna go spool up my mono now.......
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
fishbones

Thanks to all who put on a great evening! The food, the company, the slideshow, the awards and raffle were all excellent!

I don't know if I got charged the extra $50 on my card? I called down to the front desk before leaving and they said I didn't need to do anythng to check out.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 03:52 PM   #7
tynan19
Stuck In Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekl View Post
had a great time what the hell happened at the hotel?
Seems like two heads thought it would be fun to squirt each other with a fire extinguisher in a small room filling it with the dust thus setting of the fire alarm. I assume the 50 fee is to cover the false alarm and cleaning of the room.

Go Ugly Early
tynan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 04:38 PM   #8
animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tynan19 View Post
Seems like two heads thought it would be fun to squirt each other with a fire extinguisher in a small room filling it with the dust thus setting of the fire alarm. I assume the 50 fee is to cover the false alarm and cleaning of the room.
Tell your wife my nipple still hurts.Also thanks for grabbing my phone and stuff.
animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:56 PM   #9
fishbones

Quote:
John, did the treadmill get you?
No, I wiped out chasing the Aquatic Donkey in the hotel parking lot.
How fast was the treadmill going for the challenge? There was no way I was getting on that thing in the shape I was in. It's too bad the fire extinguisher went off. There was barely any time for fitness room hijinks.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
Old 03-06-2011, 07:19 PM   #10
JackK
Not Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
No, I wiped out chasing the Aquatic Donkey in the hotel parking lot.
How fast was the treadmill going for the challenge? There was no way I was getting on that thing in the shape I was in. It's too bad the fire extinguisher went off. There was barely any time for fitness room hijinks.
Ouch. I lasted about 3 seconds on the treadmill. Have some gnarly rash from my hand slipping onto it when it was going at lightspeed
JackK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:24 AM   #11
timmah

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBomba View Post
Ahhhh,
I think we may need to find a new venue next year. The hotel people were PISSED at me for the fire extinguisher antics (that I missed)....We'll see if they charge me the $100 for the cleanup! Hope you weight room kids had fun (I hear you did).
Oh well,
I also find it strangely ironic that the one year I don't get F'd up, I get charged!
Rick if they charge you let me know I will kick in for that even though I didn't start it.

John definitely a blast from what I remember.
timmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #12
Fishoholic

That was my first and I had a blast. I was a little bummed that the gym antics ended so abruptly. Nice to finally meet a few of you guys (and girl).. That raffle was awesome.. I finally have a sebile now .. Betcha 5$ I pop it off first cast
Fishoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #13
tynan19
Stuck In Reality

Timmah, I will take half of what you owe say $25 in vinyl lol. I got wacked as well with the 50.

Go Ugly Early
Old 03-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #14
fishbones

Quote:
Timmah, I will take half of what you owe say $25 in vinyl lol. I got wacked as well with the 50.
Did you call the hotel, Casey? They'll remove the charges since if they have video (like they claim to have), they'll clearly see that you didn't do it.

I still haven't checked to see if they charged my card, but there's no way I'm paying for it.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #15
5/0
Eels

I called on Monday,she states that the video is at security for review,if they/we see you in the video the $50 is ours.
Therefore you are guilty by association,thats bullchit!
She wants us to rat out who ever did it

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:57 AM   #16
Rob Rockcrawler

They have no idea who is who anyways, thats why i cant see getting 50 bucks back. I did look around for a camera and didnt see one.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #17
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Rockcrawler View Post
They have no idea who is who anyways, thats why i cant see getting 50 bucks back. I did look around for a camera and didnt see one.
5/0's right. I called last night because nothing was mentioned to me about them adding anything to my bill when I checked out. The woman who answered was the one who checked most of us in on Sat. and said that they were matching up the copies of our licenses to the people in the video. I told her to have the General Manager call me today, so we'll see how that goes. There's no way I'm paying anything to them because I was standing in the room when it happened.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #18
Sea Dangles

Why don't the donkeys who caused this step up and offer to cover the costs here?My 14 year old is accountable for his miscues why would an adult try to duck and let the whole group pay for their "accident"?

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Sea Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #19
Katie
Scuttlebutt

Send a message via AIM to Katie Send a message via MSN to Katie Send a message via Skype™ to Katie
About to call back now. 50 bucks is gonna put my truck back on the road!

Wasajigifying -[ was - a - jig-i-fy-ing] - the concept of not knowing what the hell your saying.

My Photography Page!
Katie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #20
bart
Red Eye Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
Why don't the donkeys who caused this step up and offer to cover the costs here?My 14 year old is accountable for his miscues why would an adult try to duck and let the whole group pay for their "accident"?
i agree
bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #21
tynan19
Stuck In Reality

They have cameras in all the hallways. There was a camera right as you leave the gym on the left. I don't believe there was one inside. My opinion is we were all there a little intoxicated. The hotel had to go through the bullcrap of having their fire system set off disturbing other guests. They also had to be accountable for the cleanup and to the fire department. I didn't set of the fire extinguisher but still feel guilty by association and hopefuly we get to stay there again. John, if you hear from the manager I would like to know what happens. I just feel like if we all call there bitching we won't be allowed back at all.

Go Ugly Early
Old 03-10-2011, 05:46 PM   #22
Rob Rockcrawler

I wasn't happy to pay the 50 bucks but the girl at the checkout counter and i had a good laugh about it. She said it was likely that we would not be allowed back. I was under the assumption that our names would be sort of blacklisted in the computer. I would like to be able to stay there again next year. It seems like the perfect venue for the event.

Old 03-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #23
5/0
Eels

Quote:
They have cameras in all the hallways. There was a camera right as you leave the gym on the left. I don't believe there was one inside. My opinion is we were all there a little intoxicated. The hotel had to go through the bullcrap of having their fire system set off disturbing other guests. They also had to be accountable for the cleanup and to the fire department. I didn't set of the fire extinguisher but still feel guilty by association and hopefuly we get to stay there again. John, if you hear from the manager I would like to know what happens. I just feel like if we all call there bitching we won't be allowed back at all.
I've have always been guilty by associationand honestly I don't see myself or anyone eles who used there CC to reserve a room there welcome back anytime soon

But I must admit it was a good time & lot's o laughs my head was hurtin till Monday

Live bait sharp hooks and timing is all you need
5/0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:15 AM   #24
fishbones

Casey, I spoke to the hotel GM yesterday and she basically said that the charges are for the "disturbance caused by our group" and the fitness room incident. Apparently there was someone outside our rooms snickering at the GM when she came upstairs to quiet things down at 3am. Three people checked out because our group was so loud, too. I can't believe I slept through the loud partying and guitar playing. She said to check back next week after they've had a chance to match the surveillance video to our license photos, but it sounds like we're all stuck with the charges if they saw us on video. And she said we're all on a list and are banned from the hotel until further notice. She was pretty nice about it, though.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 03-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #25
animal

Eff her!!!I'm glad my name wasn't on the books this year.AJ's pissed,Chuck was pissed.I'd be pissed too.
I bet that threatening to call the local chamber of commerce/bbb,might get ya somewhere.Here in Amerika,we don't use corporal punishment.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #26
redlite

She was PISSED. She was trembling and shaking when she was yellin at me out in the hall---I felt like my mom had cuaght me lookin at daddy's dirty mags..............And I was still across the street getting yelled at by the bar tender for walkin in with my own beer in my hand when it all happened...........Next year lets have it in Vegas........Every thing is legal there
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #27
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Lets let it die down and then send a letter of apology on RISSA's letterhead offering to pay even more

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Swimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:48 PM   #28
animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlite View Post
She was PISSED. She was trembling and shaking when she was yellin at me out in the hall---I felt like my mom had cuaght me lookin at daddy's dirty mags..............And I was still across the street getting yelled at by the bar tender for walkin in with my own beer in my hand when it all happened...........Next year lets have it in Vegas........Every thing is legal there
So,we could bring sheep?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:06 PM   #29
PRBuzz
BuzzLuck

Send a message via Skype™ to PRBuzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
Are you guys proud of yourselves?
If this was a jury trial and the choice was between 1st Degree and 2nd Degree uproarious behavior.......you guys would be hung by a rope extending from the yardarm while walking the plank!

No don't even think about a hung jury.....or time off for good behavior....

Given the diversity of the human species, there is no “normal” human genome sequence. We are all mutants.
PRBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #30
iamskippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
Lets let it die down and then send a letter of apology on RISSA's letterhead offering to pay even more
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote