Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Build Stuff: Custom Plug & Lure Building, Rod Building » Plug Building - Got Wood?

Plug Building - Got Wood? Got Plug?

Old 08-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #1
Muskyslayer96

Jig building time.....?

Hey fellas,

It's definitely time for me to start building some jigs to help me maintain consistency in my building process. I'm not well versed in these kinds of project as I am still very new to the building process.
I have looked via the search at a number of the cool jigs other builders have made and they have sparked some good ideas. I'm looking for some help at starting out, for example; can anyone help out with building a jig table for my new standing drill press? My thought is that with a drill press table that I can be sure is always square to the drill bit, I can build jigs for different plugs that can just "pop" in with dowels etc. and everything should be ready to go. Also a jig for cutting lip slots at different angles depending on plug type
I have already built one jig, for routering the slope heads on my plugs....but that is about it.

I know it's a pretty open question, just hoping it will get the topic flowing for the myself and some of the other newer builders. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide. I hope everyone's season is going well.

MS

Muskyslayer96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
iamskippy

Hey MS,

I know that 2 years ago at plugfest Joe had some great Jigs on display and i am trying to find the thread they pictures were posted in. ( so if anyone else can find it please post here).

here is the link to Plugfest 2009 the first few pictures are of a few jigs that people have used.http://www.striped-bass.com/Stripert...-pictures.html
iamskippy is offline   Reply With Quote