Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-13-2021, 09:42 PM   #31
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Donald Trump today also became the first president in American history to be impeached within two days of the PGA's canceling its championship at one of his golf courses.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I think he's the first President with a combination of his hair style and small hands.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:12 AM   #32
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I think he's the first President with a combination of his hair style and small hands.
Now that’s funny!
Old 01-14-2021, 07:19 AM   #33
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Trump brand is really taking a hit, if the family is worried, they can be comforted that they will get three square meals in prison. I think the President portrait should really be a family picture and the Trump library will be next to cell block F (for failure).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EC5EEDB4-C158-4141-9882-2B4523395814.jpeg
Views:	348
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	67622  
Old 01-14-2021, 07:58 AM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

First President to lose the House, the Senate, the presidency, get impeached twice and all in two years.

Tired of winning yet?
Old 01-14-2021, 07:58 AM   #35
Pete F.
Canceled

Is this infrastructure week?
Old 01-14-2021, 09:04 AM   #36
Sea Dangles

He will forever live in your heads and I consider that his greatest accomplishment. My hope is he continues to control your every waking hour for eternity and that you prove it by shedding liberal tears and sharing impact statements as is common on this board.
Old 01-14-2021, 09:31 AM   #37
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
He will forever live in your heads and I consider that his greatest accomplishment. My hope is he continues to control your every waking hour for eternity and that you prove it by shedding liberal tears and sharing impact statements as is common on this board.
I can’t speak for others, but I’m enjoying watching “ the best president of my lifetime” and his brand go down in flames. Quite a legacy he has built, impeached twice and it now appears there is a good chance the senate will convict. I look forward to reading occasionally on how his state legal entanglements progress, but otherwise it’s going to be easy to walk away from this administrations sh*t show. I suspect the new administration will live in your head far longer than any thoughts of Trump affect my good nights sleep.

Hey have you sent your hundred dollar donation to John’s charity of choice or are you hoping for the next assault to be more successful?
Old 01-14-2021, 10:01 AM   #38
Nebe

So much winning !
Old 01-14-2021, 11:12 AM   #39
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I can’t speak for others, but I’m enjoying watching “ the best president of my lifetime” and his brand go down in flames. Quite a legacy he has built, impeached twice and it now appears there is a good chance the senate will convict. I look forward to reading occasionally on how his state legal entanglements progress, but otherwise it’s going to be easy to walk away from this administrations sh*t show. I suspect the new administration will live in your head far longer than any thoughts of Trump affect my good nights sleep.

Hey have you sent your hundred dollar donation to John’s charity of choice or are you hoping for the next assault to be more successful?
I will support the next administration because I am an American.
The $100 will be paid if and when Biden becomes president.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-14-2021, 02:22 PM   #40
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I support our elected officials, but when actions, policies and especially rhetoric turn into just a non stop stream of lies, I like all Americans can hope the administration succeeds, while at the same time be critical of them. Trump's influence to stir up the white supremacist crowd even showed it's ugly head on the golf course today. I was out ahead of anyone and couldn't believe what I picked up sitting the #2 tee box, the #3 tee box and on reaching the #2 green it just got worse. Four balls placed on the #2 and #3 tee and they probably hit 30 balls right off the #2 green. Clearly a decent golfer too, based on all nice square shallow divots and probably a wedge based on where I picked them all up just in front the #3 tee. Hard to believe a decent golfer would vandalize a green and unbelievable that crap is creeping into our recreational activities.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2405.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	67631   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2406.jpg
Views:	349
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	67632  
Old 01-14-2021, 03:08 PM   #41
Jim in CT

GS, if you feel that trumps language led directly to the violence, can you explain why obama’s bashing of the police, isn’t the reason why cops were
killed?

When two black men were killed by police during the obama years ( in different states), Obama
said “these are not isolated incidents.”

That same day, just a few hours later, 5 cops were assassinated in Dallas.

I’d like someone to explain to me why the line between trump and the capital
rioters, is more direct than the line between liberals who vilified the police, and the murders of those cops.
Old 01-14-2021, 03:48 PM   #42
Pete F.
Canceled

Ordinarily one cannot be held criminally liable for what one fails to do. But criminal law does recognize liability for one’s omissions when one has a legal duty to act. For example, parents can be prosecuted for failing to protect their children because parents owe a duty of care to their children.

The president has a sworn duty to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, a duty that in this case required him to immediately and unequivocally discourage his most ardent supporters from committing insurrectionary crimes once he realized they were occurring. Trump’s violation of that duty by failing to act makes him an accomplice to those crimes if he intended by that omission to assist or encourage those crimes. A strong case already exists that the president wanted his supporters’ insurrectionary crimes to continue in order to change the result of the election or at the very least obstruct the certification of his defeat. Recent press reports suggest that even stronger evidence might come to light. That intent, coupled with his oath of office, makes him an accomplice to those crimes if his supporters were even slightly encouraged by his inaction.

We do not yet know much about what Trump said or did in the White House while the Capitol riot was ongoing, although some press reports suggest he was lobbying senators by phone to vote his way for the election results and delaying deploying resources to quell the insurrection. Facts already known make clear that he violated these duties of protection, however. His supporters invaded the Capitol shortly after 2 p.m. Trump did not ask his supporters to leave the Capitol until 4:17, more than two hours after they first overwhelmed the Capitol Police. His 4:17 p.m. video message also repeated many of the lies about the election that motivated their crimes in the first place, pouring more gasoline on a fire that he was supposedly asking people to extinguish.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 01-14-2021, 04:31 PM   #43
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
GS, if you feel that trumps language led directly to the violence, can you explain why obama’s bashing of the police, isn’t the reason why cops were
killed?

When two black men were killed by police during the obama years ( in different states), Obama
said “these are not isolated incidents.”

That same day, just a few hours later, 5 cops were assassinated in Dallas.

I’d like someone to explain to me why the line between trump and the capital
rioters, is more direct than the line between liberals who vilified the police, and the murders of those cops.
Jim give me a fu*cking break, this is the DIRECT result of Trump getting his radical white supremacy buds empowered to take action, you keep plodding on in defense, I know better. If this wasn’t a Trump presidency, ending the way it did, with the rhetoric he, his family, his lawyers, the extreme right media have been using since the election, I’d NEVER have seen that.

Hey on a side note I guess he doesn’t want to pay Rudy for his legal fees, classic Trump. I hope the senate convicts and we are done with him and paying his family money!
Old 01-14-2021, 05:23 PM   #44
Sea Dangles

So you vote in a guy whose mentor was a Klansman🤡
Old 01-14-2021, 05:39 PM   #45
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
I support our elected officials, but when actions, policies and especially rhetoric turn into just a non stop stream of lies, I like all Americans can hope the administration succeeds, while at the same time be critical of them. Trump's influence to stir up the white supremacist crowd even showed it's ugly head on the golf course today. I was out ahead of anyone and couldn't believe what I picked up sitting the #2 tee box, the #3 tee box and on reaching the #2 green it just got worse. Four balls placed on the #2 and #3 tee and they probably hit 30 balls right off the #2 green. Clearly a decent golfer too, based on all nice square shallow divots and probably a wedge based on where I picked them all up just in front the #3 tee. Hard to believe a decent golfer would vandalize a green and unbelievable that crap is creeping into our recreational activities.
This is more likely a case of keeping the wrong company or putting yourself in a bad situation. I can tell you that would NEVER happen at Old Sandwich where the majority of members are certainly R. This is clearly a case of another liberal blaming Trump for anything that doesn’t go their way.

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN
Old 01-14-2021, 05:42 PM   #46
scottw

Quote:
This is more likely a case of keeping the wrong company or putting yourself in a bad situation. I can tell you that would NEVER happen at Old Sandwich where the majority of members are certainly R. This is clearly a case of another liberal blaming Trump for anything that doesn’t go their way.

Since Got Traitors was there participating in the golfing I think we should hold him accountable for the graffiti balls
Old 01-14-2021, 06:10 PM   #47
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

You two are funny, I know this is a difficult time for you, you can get your game on over the next four years.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:16 PM   #48
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
OMG certainly that’s a given, when your better half had to shell out $400,000 buy in and then a $40,000 yearly dues, I’m pretty sure there aren’t working class Democrats (or republicans) playing there. Spoke to a guy who won a round there and was told in no uncertain terms, after your round, you can head straight to your vehicle.

Last edited by Got Stripers; 01-15-2021 at 07:13 AM..