Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

     

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container
 

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-13-2021, 09:46 AM   #1
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,719
have to admire the consistency

“Our election was hijacked. There is no question.”

Nancy Pelosi, 05/07/17.

It’s OK when she does it.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 09:58 AM   #2
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,263
Lets go evidence vs evidence
I'll go first

https://www.justice.gov/storage/report.pdf

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...rt_Volume1.pdf

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...rt_Volume2.pdf

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...rt_Volume3.pdf

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/...rt_Volume4.pdf

Waiting......................

We’ll be finished with President Donald Trump on January 20, at the latest. Finding our way to truth and national reconciliation will take a good deal longer.

“Unity” cannot happen until the citizenry understands the truth about Donald Trump. And the people who served under this man have a duty to tell it, again and again.
INDICTMENTS ARE COMING
New season starts January 20, 2021
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:05 AM   #3
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,719
i’m not denying russians tried to meddle. but can you show me evidence that they successfully hijacked the election? where’s the evidence that russia had any meaningful impact?

here’s the difference between us. i can say, because it’s true, that there’s exactly zero evidence that trump lost because of fraud.

Can you say there’s zero evidence that hilary lost only because of russian interference? No you can’t, because that, while also true, wouldn’t serve The Narrative.

Waiting....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:20 AM   #4
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,263
Silly, I didn't vote for Hillary and she lost because she was...........Hillary
Though I'd have to say Comey didn't help

Trump lost because of himself

Now can you say that Biden is the duly elected 46th President of the United States and the election was not stolen or are you going for the Big Lie.

Because now there are lots of people in this country who think Tweety won and we now have armed National Guardsman stationed in the Capitol, fences and barricades everywheres.

I expect one of the news outlets will do a tour of DC at the time of Trump's inauguration and Biden's, and remember the last inauguration speech "We Will Make America Safe Again"

Great Job

We’ll be finished with President Donald Trump on January 20, at the latest. Finding our way to truth and national reconciliation will take a good deal longer.

“Unity” cannot happen until the citizenry understands the truth about Donald Trump. And the people who served under this man have a duty to tell it, again and again.
INDICTMENTS ARE COMING
New season starts January 20, 2021
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:28 AM   #5
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Silly, I didn't vote for Hillary and she lost because she was...........Hillary
Though I'd have to say Comey didn't help

Trump lost because of himself

Now can you say that Biden is the duly elected 46th President of the United States and the election was not stolen or are you going for the Big Lie.

Because now there are lots of people in this country who think Tweety won and we now have armed National Guardsman stationed in the Capitol, fences and barricades everywheres.

I expect one of the news outlets will do a tour of DC at the time of Trump's inauguration and Biden's, and remember the last inauguration speech "We Will Make America Safe Again"

Great Job
so you’re admitting that hilary didn’t lose because of russia, which means you’re admitting that russia didn’t change the outcome of the 2016 election.

Yet while we are critical of trump for blaming his loss on outside influences with no evidence ( which is fair), you won’t hold Pelosi to the same standard for saying the same thing.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:39 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,263
Context is everything


Nancy Pelosi@SpeakerPelosi·
May 16, 2017
Our election was hijacked. There is no question. Congress has a duty to #ProtectOurDemocracy & #FollowTheFacts.

Now, lets look at Tweety's claim of stolen election

Jan 5th 2021 - 5:12:20 PM EST
56k
211k
Show
I hope the Democrats, and even more importantly, the weak and ineffective RINO section of the Republican Party, are looking at the thousands of people pouring into D.C. They won’t stand for a landslide election victory to be stolen. @senatemajldr @JohnCornyn @SenJohnThune
2.Jan 5th 2021 - 5:05:56 PM EST
83k
328k
Show
Washington is being inundated with people who don’t want to see an election victory stolen by emboldened Radical Left Democrats. Our Country has had enough, they won’t take it anymore! We hear you (and love you) from the Oval Office. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
3.Jan 3rd 2021 - 10:22:06 AM EST
32k
0
Show
RT @SidneyPowell1: This “election” was stolen from the voters in a massive fraud that you & others are now complicit in. American elections…
4.Dec 26th 2020 - 8:00:14 AM EST
62k
243k
Show
If a Democrat Presidential Candidate had an Election Rigged & Stolen, with proof of such acts at a level never seen before, the Democrat Senators would consider it an act of war, and fight to the death. Mitch & the Republicans do NOTHING, just want to let it pass. NO FIGHT!
5.Dec 19th 2020 - 9:41:03 AM EST
65k
226k
Show
He didn’t win the Election. He lost all 6 Swing States, by a lot. They then dumped hundreds of thousands of votes in each one, and got caught. Now Republican politicians have to fight so that their great victory is not stolen. Don’t be weak fools! https://t.co/d9Bgu8XPIj
6.Dec 17th 2020 - 6:10:43 PM EST
62k
354k
Show
Democrats would never put up with a Presidential Election stolen by the Republicans!
7.Dec 12th 2020 - 8:19:55 AM EST
38k
171k
Show
Who is a worse governor, @BrianKempGA of Georgia or @dougducey of Arizona??? These are two RINO Republicans who fought against me and the Republican Party harder than any Democrat. They allowed states that I won easily to be stolen. Never forget, vote them out of office!
8.Dec 10th 2020 - 9:33:18 AM EST
22k
113k
Show
....The fact that our Country is being stolen. A coup is taking place in front of our eyes, and the public can’t take this anymore.” A Trump fan at Georgia Rally on @OANN Bad!
9.Dec 6th 2020 - 1:05:19 AM EST
9k
0
Show
RT @OANN: How compromised was the 2020 election? Dominion Voting Systems has had a history of problems. Stolen laptops, “switched” votes, C…
10.Nov 25th 2020 - 12:12:35 AM EST
45k
0
Show
RT @realDonaldTrump: Poll: 79 Percent of Trump Voters Believe ‘Election Was Stolen‘ https://t.co/PmMBmt05AI via @BreitbartNews They are 100…
11.Nov 24th 2020 - 10:54:40 PM EST
13k
0
Show
RT @toddeherman: This is video put it over the top for me. Election was stolen I shared @justin_hart's data showing pattern of 4:00 AM dat…
12.Nov 24th 2020 - 7:33:04 AM EST
45k
184k
Show
Poll: 79 Percent of Trump Voters Believe ‘Election Was Stolen‘ https://t.co/PmMBmt05AI via @BreitbartNews They are 100% correct, but we are fighting hard. Our big lawsuit, which spells out in great detail all of the ballot fraud and more, will soon be filled. RIGGED ELECTION!
13.Nov 14th 2020 - 3:07:56 PM EST
66k
279k
Show
People are not going to stand for having this Election stolen from them by a privately owned Radical Left company, Dominion, and many other reasons! https://t.co/RMOa4jKZwA
14.Nov 12th 2020 - 10:46:13 PM EST
66k
319k
Show
Must see @seanhannity takedown of the horrible, inaccurate and anything but secure Dominion Voting System which is used in States where tens of thousands of votes were stolen from us and given to Biden. Likewise, the Great @LouDobbs has a confirming and powerful piece!
15.Nov 8th 2020 - 9:17:33 AM EST
101k
516k
Show
“We believe these people are thieves. The big city machines are corrupt. This was a stolen election. Best pollster in Britain wrote this morning that this clearly was a stolen election, that it’s impossible to imagine that Biden outran Obama in some of these states.

We’ll be finished with President Donald Trump on January 20, at the latest. Finding our way to truth and national reconciliation will take a good deal longer.

“Unity” cannot happen until the citizenry understands the truth about Donald Trump. And the people who served under this man have a duty to tell it, again and again.
INDICTMENTS ARE COMING
New season starts January 20, 2021
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 10:57 AM   #7
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Context is everything


Nancy Pelosi@SpeakerPelosi·
May 16, 2017
Our election was hijacked. There is no question. Congress has a duty to #ProtectOurDemocracy & #FollowTheFacts.

Now, lets look at Tweety's claim of stolen election

Jan 5th 2021 - 5:12:20 PM EST
56k
211k
Show
I hope the Democrats, and even more importantly, the weak and ineffective RINO section of the Republican Party, are looking at the thousands of people pouring into D.C. They won’t stand for a landslide election victory to be stolen. @senatemajldr @JohnCornyn @SenJohnThune
2.Jan 5th 2021 - 5:05:56 PM EST
83k
328k
Show
Washington is being inundated with people who don’t want to see an election victory stolen by emboldened Radical Left Democrats. Our Country has had enough, they won’t take it anymore! We hear you (and love you) from the Oval Office. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
3.Jan 3rd 2021 - 10:22:06 AM EST
32k
0
Show
RT @SidneyPowell1: This “election” was stolen from the voters in a massive fraud that you & others are now complicit in. American elections…
4.Dec 26th 2020 - 8:00:14 AM EST
62k
243k
Show
If a Democrat Presidential Candidate had an Election Rigged & Stolen, with proof of such acts at a level never seen before, the Democrat Senators would consider it an act of war, and fight to the death. Mitch & the Republicans do NOTHING, just want to let it pass. NO FIGHT!
5.Dec 19th 2020 - 9:41:03 AM EST
65k
226k
Show
He didn’t win the Election. He lost all 6 Swing States, by a lot. They then dumped hundreds of thousands of votes in each one, and got caught. Now Republican politicians have to fight so that their great victory is not stolen. Don’t be weak fools! https://t.co/d9Bgu8XPIj
6.Dec 17th 2020 - 6:10:43 PM EST
62k
354k
Show
Democrats would never put up with a Presidential Election stolen by the Republicans!
7.Dec 12th 2020 - 8:19:55 AM EST
38k
171k
Show
Who is a worse governor, @BrianKempGA of Georgia or @dougducey of Arizona??? These are two RINO Republicans who fought against me and the Republican Party harder than any Democrat. They allowed states that I won easily to be stolen. Never forget, vote them out of office!
8.Dec 10th 2020 - 9:33:18 AM EST
22k
113k
Show
....The fact that our Country is being stolen. A coup is taking place in front of our eyes, and the public can’t take this anymore.” A Trump fan at Georgia Rally on @OANN Bad!
9.Dec 6th 2020 - 1:05:19 AM EST
9k
0
Show
RT @OANN: How compromised was the 2020 election? Dominion Voting Systems has had a history of problems. Stolen laptops, “switched” votes, C…
10.Nov 25th 2020 - 12:12:35 AM EST
45k
0
Show
RT @realDonaldTrump: Poll: 79 Percent of Trump Voters Believe ‘Election Was Stolen‘ https://t.co/PmMBmt05AI via @BreitbartNews They are 100…
11.Nov 24th 2020 - 10:54:40 PM EST
13k
0
Show
RT @toddeherman: This is video put it over the top for me. Election was stolen I shared @justin_hart's data showing pattern of 4:00 AM dat…
12.Nov 24th 2020 - 7:33:04 AM EST
45k
184k
Show
Poll: 79 Percent of Trump Voters Believe ‘Election Was Stolen‘ https://t.co/PmMBmt05AI via @BreitbartNews They are 100% correct, but we are fighting hard. Our big lawsuit, which spells out in great detail all of the ballot fraud and more, will soon be filled. RIGGED ELECTION!
13.Nov 14th 2020 - 3:07:56 PM EST
66k
279k
Show
People are not going to stand for having this Election stolen from them by a privately owned Radical Left company, Dominion, and many other reasons! https://t.co/RMOa4jKZwA
14.Nov 12th 2020 - 10:46:13 PM EST
66k
319k
Show
Must see @seanhannity takedown of the horrible, inaccurate and anything but secure Dominion Voting System which is used in States where tens of thousands of votes were stolen from us and given to Biden. Likewise, the Great @LouDobbs has a confirming and powerful piece!
15.Nov 8th 2020 - 9:17:33 AM EST
101k
516k
Show
“We believe these people are thieves. The big city machines are corrupt. This was a stolen election. Best pollster in Britain wrote this morning that this clearly was a stolen election, that it’s impossible to imagine that Biden outran Obama in some of these states.
correction, context is everything, when it’s your last, desperate line of defense, your last resort to admitting that there’s hypocrisy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:14 AM   #8
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
correction, context is everything, when it’s your last, desperate line of defense, your last resort to admitting that there’s hypocrisy.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Defending our elections from foreign interference is hypocrisy?

You act like Tweety beat Hillary by more than he lost to Biden.

Biden won the popular vote with a record over 81 million,
Won the Electoral college 306-232,
Won with a margin of over 7 million,
Won over 60 court cases challenging the results,
Won all 3 recounts in Georgia & 2 recounts in Wisconsin,
He will swear in on 20th Jan 2021 at noon.

It's insane how during the brief Trump era, the GOP can lose the House, Senate and White House, have the president impeached twice and likely being convicted this time, and there are people who are like "we need more Trump. That's the key to winning"

We’ll be finished with President Donald Trump on January 20, at the latest. Finding our way to truth and national reconciliation will take a good deal longer.

“Unity” cannot happen until the citizenry understands the truth about Donald Trump. And the people who served under this man have a duty to tell it, again and again.
INDICTMENTS ARE COMING
New season starts January 20, 2021
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:59 AM   #9
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,719
Pete, if trump is guilty of inciting this riot, isn’t Al Sharpton multiple
times guilty as well? yet the democrats embrace him and legitimize him.

Seems like, yet again, it’s only problematic when republicans do it.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:21 PM   #10
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,263
K

"You objected to Trump gaining the presidency with corrupt foreign help in 2016. So it's hypocritical of you now to object to him trying to keep the presidency by seditious violence!"

We’ll be finished with President Donald Trump on January 20, at the latest. Finding our way to truth and national reconciliation will take a good deal longer.

“Unity” cannot happen until the citizenry understands the truth about Donald Trump. And the people who served under this man have a duty to tell it, again and again.
INDICTMENTS ARE COMING
New season starts January 20, 2021
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:47 PM   #11
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
K

"You objected to Trump gaining the presidency with corrupt foreign help in 2016. So it's hypocritical of you now to object to him trying to keep the presidency by seditious violence!"
i’ll give you points for consistently being opposed to republicans, regardless of who is doing what.

now, why do democrats hate the fact that trump incited violence, but give Al Sharpton a pass?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:02 PM   #12
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,263
No idea, why would I worry about him?

I'm more worried about the latest Medal of Honor recipient, who's concerned about cancel culture and Tweety, while trying to cancel Liz Cheney.
He's claiming that he is not allowed to speak out, while he's ..................

Claiming that this is all about politics, I'm waiting to see Ali Alexander put under oath. Wonder where he is?
This will go deep into the Trumplican Party

We’ll be finished with President Donald Trump on January 20, at the latest. Finding our way to truth and national reconciliation will take a good deal longer.

“Unity” cannot happen until the citizenry understands the truth about Donald Trump. And the people who served under this man have a duty to tell it, again and again.
INDICTMENTS ARE COMING
New season starts January 20, 2021
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:17 PM   #13
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
No idea, why would I worry about him?

I'm more worried about the latest Medal of Honor recipient, who's concerned about cancel culture and Tweety, while trying to cancel Liz Cheney.
He's claiming that he is not allowed to speak out, while he's ..................

Claiming that this is all about politics, I'm waiting to see Ali Alexander put under oath. Wonder where he is?
This will go deep into the Trumplican Party
maybe because
more people have been murdered at his protests than were murdered at the capital ( that’s a fact), and because he’s obviously very powerful and influential on the democrat side ( also irrefutable fact).

for you to say you dont care what he does ( the deaths he causes, the damage he does) tells us everything. you do t hold
democrats to any standards. of course we already knew that.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 01:53 PM   #14
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,263
That's terrible, you ought to spend more time telling people that.

I'll stick to Tweetless and his heading of a conspiracy to steal the election.
Americans don't concede to terrorists
I've been listening to the Four Horsemen of the Trumpocalypse on livestream.

And another Republican joined the impeachment side.

We’ll be finished with President Donald Trump on January 20, at the latest. Finding our way to truth and national reconciliation will take a good deal longer.

“Unity” cannot happen until the citizenry understands the truth about Donald Trump. And the people who served under this man have a duty to tell it, again and again.
INDICTMENTS ARE COMING
New season starts January 20, 2021
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:00 PM   #15
Jim in CT
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 14,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
That's terrible, you ought to spend more time telling people that.

I'll stick to Tweetless and his heading of a conspiracy to steal the election.
Americans don't concede to terrorists
I've been listening to the Four Horsemen of the Trumpocalypse on livestream.

And another Republican joined the impeachment side.
but pelosi wasn’t pushing a conspiracy when claiming the 2016 election was hijacked.

that just makes all kinds of sense.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:03 PM   #16
Pete F.
Canceled
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: vt
Posts: 9,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
but pelosi wasn’t pushing a conspiracy when claiming the 2016 election was hijacked.

that just makes all kinds of sense.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
She certainly wasn't a member of one, and see the Senate Report for Russian interference

We’ll be finished with President Donald Trump on January 20, at the latest. Finding our way to truth and national reconciliation will take a good deal longer.

“Unity” cannot happen until the citizenry understands the truth about Donald Trump. And the people who served under this man have a duty to tell it, again and again.
INDICTMENTS ARE COMING
New season starts January 20, 2021
Pete F. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 04:16 PM   #17
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits
iTrader: (0)
 
Got Stripers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: I live in a house, but my soul is at sea.
Posts: 6,948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i’m not denying russians tried to meddle. but can you show me evidence that they successfully hijacked the election? where’s the evidence that russia had any meaningful impact?

here’s the difference between us. i can say, because it’s true, that there’s exactly zero evidence that trump lost because of fraud.

Can you say there’s zero evidence that hilary lost only because of russian interference? No you can’t, because that, while also true, wouldn’t serve The Narrative.

Waiting....
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Do you realize how lame that question is? There is no possible way to quantify how many people were influenced by the Russian campaign to put more votes on Trump, but I think it’s fair to say they succeeded just to what extent nobody will ever know. Hey maybe you can get the Gallup people to do a poll.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:00 PM   #18
spence
Registered User
iTrader: (0)
 
spence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: RI
Posts: 20,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Do you realize how lame that question is? There is no possible way to quantify how many people were influenced by the Russian campaign to put more votes on Trump, but I think it’s fair to say they succeeded just to what extent nobody will ever know. Hey maybe you can get the Gallup people to do a poll.
Jim is having difficulty processing recent events, maybe give him a little space.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
spence is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Please use all necessary and proper safety precautions. STAY SAFE Striper Talk Forums
Copyright 1998-20012 Striped-Bass.com