Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Sports Talk - Title Town

Sports Talk - Title Town Sports Talk - Our Home for the 2004/2007 World Champion Red Sox, Super Bowl XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX Champion Patriots! SEVENTEEN TIME NBA Champion Boston Celtics, 2011 winners of Lord Stanley's Cup Boston Bruins!!!

Old 05-03-2006, 09:27 PM   #1
tynan19
Stuck In Reality

Great Sox Game Tonight

Lets see if they can pull it out. Just tied up by Trot.
tynan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:31 PM   #2
tynan19
Stuck In Reality

Except for that bunt attempt.
tynan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:52 AM   #3
RickBomba

Certainly wasn't last night.
Left for Fenway on the 70 bus from in front of my house in Waltham, then to the 57 in Watertown Square to Fenway.
Not bad, considering I was in my Aquaskins, goretex pants, and logger boots...I looked like some kind of retard on the bus, but WTH cares, cause I'm gonna be dry watching the Yankees in the rain.
Anyhow, me and the girlie get there, sit for two hours in the stands, and then the game is called (it never started).
So we catch the 57 to the 70, finally back to Waltham, the out to the new Upper Crust Pizzaria in Lexington for a pie and a couple glasses of wine.
I get home at 10:20, my cell is going crazy (I left it at home), the restaurant's on fire and I've got a fire department, alarm service, the cops, 3 cooks, and two managers trying to call me at the same time.
After some strong debate on not getting a DUI (I had a couple at the game, and the wine at the restaurant), I decide not to drive the 42 miles to work at 120 mph (good call), and find out my two big bosses are already there, they say don't worry, the fire chief says it will be three days until we reopen.
They say go to bed, and come in at 3pm tomorrow.
I decide to make a call to the Director of Facilities Management, who lives in Chelmsford, and he says, no problem, I'll be there with my people and will work overnight with the board of health to get something going.
Well, unbenounced to me, the presidents of my company and my parent company get on the horn with other people, call me at 10 am and say get your butt in here, we rebuilt half of the restaurant in eight hours, and we're gonna open at 11am.
Cost me 20 grand for the job, just got home, but let me tell you...30 crazed contractors and two cases of Red Bull, what a miracle!!!
A whirlwind 24 hours and time for bed!!!
F'In rain, F'In Yankees, F'In fire, F'in Crazy!!!
Later,
Rick

John Redmond Thinks He's Smart By Changing My Avatar
RickBomba is offline   Reply With Quote