Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-27-2020, 08:09 PM   #61
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
your personal observations don’t matter. the totals matter. people are fleeing blue states and moving to NC, SC, TN, GA, FL, TX.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
And Americans are moving to and from every state in the Union ..

again not for the primary reasons you’ve convinced yourself is the reason
Old 12-27-2020, 09:19 PM   #62
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

had anybody, anywhere, ever, claimed that there are states that no one is moving to?

if people aren’t leaving CT, NY and CA because of crime and cost of living, post some data to show us why they’re leaving? or
admit your making it up
as you go.
Old 12-27-2020, 09:52 PM   #63
zimmy

Quote:

Someone tell numblypeg that 6 of the 8 states with the highest population losses by percent in 2019 were red states and 4 of top 8 growth states by percent went for Biden.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...m/amp/38918791

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.
Old 12-27-2020, 11:20 PM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
Someone tell numblypeg that 6 of the 8 states with the highest population losses by percent in 2019 were red states and 4 of top 8 growth states by percent went for Biden.

WV and Alaska are pretty inhospitable.

CT should be a state that everyone is dying to get into. it has everything going for it. everything. except liberalism. same with NY and CA.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...lation-in-2019

Last edited by Jim in CT; 12-27-2020 at 11:33 PM..
Old 12-27-2020, 11:43 PM   #65
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post

states with largest population growth include ID, AZ, UT, NV, TX, SC, FL

what matters isn’t who run the presidential race, what matters is who runs the states - conservatives or liberals.

The most liberal
states in the country are CA, IL, NY, CT, and MA. how are those states doing? healthy, vibrant economies? attracting a lot of upper
middle
class families?

post covid, many
ore people will work from home. they won’t need to live near work. they’re already fleeing NY in big numbers.

don’t worry, nothing to see.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...merica?slide=4
Old 12-28-2020, 03:58 AM   #66
scottw

Quote:
Guess you missed my comment was about people I knew , who moved, not a general statement like Jim or your link but I am not surprised seeing you guys love presenting generalized impressions as cause and the sole reason why people move
wait...the three people you know who moved is not a "generalized statement or impression"? that's pretty funny
Old 12-28-2020, 07:31 AM   #67
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
states with largest population growth include ID, AZ, UT, NV, TX, SC, FL

what matters isn’t who run the presidential race, what matters is who runs the states - conservatives or liberals.

The most liberal
states in the country are CA, IL, NY, CT, and MA. how are those states doing? healthy, vibrant economies? attracting a lot of upper
middle
class families?

post covid, many
ore people will work from home. they won’t need to live near work. they’re already fleeing NY in big numbers.

don’t worry, nothing to see.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...merica?slide=4
Unless you can add the percentage of those moving to those states are retirement motivated for weather, health and low cost retirement homes in a nice golf community, this thread turn is pointless. If I get to a point I just don’t want to experience winter again, golf and possibly fishing will factor in to a move decision, not tax rates or cost of living and certainly not the color the state votes.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:57 AM   #68
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post

golf and possibly fishing will factor in to a move decision, not tax rates or cost of living.
huh?
Old 12-28-2020, 08:44 AM   #69
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
wait...the three people you know who moved is not a "generalized statement or impression"? that's pretty funny
those three people are a representative sample.
Old 12-28-2020, 08:48 AM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Unless you can add the percentage of those moving to those states are retirement motivated for weather, health and low cost retirement homes in a nice golf community, this thread turn is pointless. If I get to a point I just don’t want to experience winter again, golf and possibly fishing will factor in to a move decision, not tax rates or cost of living and certainly not the color the state votes.
obviously some move for weather. but they aren’t all moving to southern california, which also has warm weather. there’s a reason why they move to low-cost ( i.e., conservative) southern states.

just because the point spits in the face of what you cling to, doesn’t make it pointless. the governors of CT, NY, and CA have all said it’s a problem. but you still deny it. you know more than they do. that’s impressive.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:23 AM   #71
wdmso

Quote:
had anybody, anywhere, ever, claimed that there are states that no one is moving to?

if people aren’t leaving CT, NY and CA because of crime and cost of living, post some data to show us why they’re leaving? or
admit your making it up
as you go.
Ive shown you why its called Jobs.. ever been to upstate NY Elmira the place was a Ghost town My grandparents lived there then the fracking boom and people moved back.. and now they are leaving again

people leaving due to crime is comical cost of living ya ok so Jim I am going to leave my 100k job to go make 50k in a southern state ya ok thats what people do all the time .. its Jobs Jobs Jobs why do people move to the Dakotas also Gas-drilling boom brings more crime, carousing to towns in these small communities

Like most of your argument like voter fraud and global warming others 4 of of five dentist recommend Trident ..

and you hang your hat on the 5th dentist to make your case ...

So why do people move to Calif my son is staying out of the Air force its called a Job and a future wife .. yes housing expensive and Gas is also and yes there is even Crime , using your logic he should be in Texas . but hes not
Old 12-28-2020, 09:25 AM   #72
scottw

Quote:
those three people are a representative sample.
Old 12-28-2020, 09:45 AM   #73
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
in my world if we have people we personally know whether 10 years ago or today and the primary reason they moved or stayed is a Job thats not a general statement . its reality .. So how many people do you know left mass or RI Claiming Crime religious reasons or just because of cost of living . as their primary reason for leaving

again I am not suggesting those thing may be a consideration in where to move Just not the primary reasons why people

this is from Allied Movers Top Reasons People Move to New States I would assume they have the data to back it up.

1 New Job: The number one reason people move to new states is for work. Although most people only make an inter-state move when a job is already lined up and secured, this figure also includes people moving in hopes that they’ll find better employment prospects once they arrive. Relocation packages help make this an enticing option, especially when they come with a promotion.

2 School and/or College: Education is another popular reason why people move across state lines. College students moving away for the first time make up the largest demographic in this category, but it also includes students transferring from one university to another as well as families hoping to move their kids to a better school district.

3 Retirement: Not everyone moves to Florida or Arizona for retirement, but a large percentage of the aging population does shift to a new locale to enjoy their golden years. Better climate conditions, lower costs of living, and greater access to healthcare all work together to make some states more ideal for retirement.
Access to
4 Amenities: Every state (and city) has something different to offer. Many families choose to take advantage of these amenities by moving closer. Access to healthcare (especially research hospitals) is one big reason why people move to new states, as are things like good schools, more public parks, and better tax rates.

5 Change of Pace: Of course, not everyone has a solid financial or personal reason for moving to a new state. In many cases, the move has less to do with your needs and more to do with your wants. If you’ve been bitten by the travel bug, moving to a new state provides a great way to experience a new climate and a new culture.

https://www.allied.com/blog/view/all...-to-new-states