Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 12-27-2018, 09:14 AM   #1
Clammer

E-Bay China

I see e-bay is loaded with stuff from CHINA ..

prices are unreal on many item …. example .die cast car , name brand ..50 free shipping

I see a ton a lures & fishing equipment & REELS .I was wondering if anyone has any first hand knowledge besides it takes for ever to get here . I picked up 3 or 4 2-piece rods all light F/W or one schoolie …...was going to throw reels on the them just because .don,t want to spend much , not sure they will get used . any help will be appreciated

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:09 PM   #2
Jenn

My reply might be irrelevant to your question on fishing equipment but I just got a "botanical" style mycological poster that I ordered a month ago, but was pleasantly surprised at the quality.... honestly when I ordered it I just wanted a certain" look" to frame that was in line with my mushroom foraging passion and never looked at where it was coming from because there are not a ton of options for what I had in mind. It was about nine dollars and I fully expected a print on poster size paper and it came in as a velvety print on fabric! Way more than I expected for 9 bucks! So the morale of the story is I think ordering china items can go either way.....its a crap shoot. I usually shy away from them in general because I assume crappy quality (and prefer made in the us, or at least north america) but in this case I got way more than I expected and my expectations were low to begin with for the price I paid but I was ok with it because I was merely looking for a "style" that I couldnt find elsewhere. It wasnt the type of item that required any level durable material because it was only for looks.

With all that said ...I always wonder how they can make any $ on items like this that I ordered for $9 (free shipping) from the other side of the world? Sort of baffling when you think about it....

Simplify.......
Jenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 07:00 AM   #3
Guppy
User

Mike, reach out to Wayne , pretty sure he buys Chinese gear
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 10:07 PM   #4
Clammer

tx jenn & ray …

one of the problems I have is ……… I don,t know the size , etc & all that stuff to match up to the rods …. dollars isn,t the issue I,ve messed up a lot before ……… I just can,t compare size wise & stuff , I don,t want 3 to 5 reels that don,t line up .especially seeing that I probably won,t use them .

if I did order from China , I,d have to do it soon ..Gale just got something Monday that she ordered in August ….I know they don,t ship until they have a container full ,,,,,,,,,,,,How else can they sell .free shipping for stuff the cost like nothing .

hey wayne call me when ya can ><>

ENJOY WHAT YOU HAVE !!!

MIKE
Clammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:05 AM   #5
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clammer View Post
tx jenn & ray …

one of the problems I have is ……… I don,t know the size , etc & all that stuff to match up to the rods …. dollars isn,t the issue I,ve messed up a lot before ……… I just can,t compare size wise & stuff , I don,t want 3 to 5 reels that don,t line up .especially seeing that I probably won,t use them .

if I did order from China , I,d have to do it soon ..Gale just got something Monday that she ordered in August ….I know they don,t ship until they have a container full ,,,,,,,,,,,,How else can they sell .free shipping for stuff the cost like nothing .

hey wayne call me when ya can ><>

They make thousands of a thing, the seconds here would be firsts there, and a lot of the stuff they make and sell on ebay for free is their seconds or thirds.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
JohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 06:30 AM   #6
piemma
Very Grumpy bay man

Same with a lot of the crap you see on FB. I have never bought anything on FB that didn't take 3 months to get here and wasn't as advertised.

No boat, back in the suds.
piemma is offline   Reply With Quote