Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 07-22-2007, 11:03 AM   #1
justplugit
Registered Grandpa

Angry Michael Vick--

If he is found guilty, they should put HIM in a pail of water on the

50yd line on opening day attached to a 24 volt battery and a few electrodes.

" Choose Life "
justplugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:24 AM   #2
MAC

Maybe just put a collar on him with a short chain attached to the ground. He would have to be handcuffed and muzzled of course. Then don't feed the pitbulls for a week. Douse him with male dog urine and then set the pitbulls loose on him. If he beats the 6 or 8 angry pitbulls he gets electrocuted if he loses it won't matter but just to be sure, shock him anyways.
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #3
BigFish
BigFish Bait Co.

Send a message via AIM to BigFish
Trash! Career over....end of story!

Almost time to get our fish on!!!
BigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:30 PM   #4
Team Rock On

Yep, he's done and off to jail. The Feds don't press charges unless they know they will win. I think their "guilty" rate is close to 99%.
Team Rock On is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #5
Skip N

Sick F'ing person he is

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Skip N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:57 PM   #6
EarnedStripes44

With regards to the dogs, it is what is.....utter disgust. But overrated -I don't think so, if he had a good supporting cast (Stallworth, Moss, Holt) he would be the most dangerous player in football.....
EarnedStripes44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:20 PM   #7
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarnedStripes44 View Post
With regards to the dogs, it is what is.....utter disgust. But overrated -I don't think so, if he had a good supporting cast (Stallworth, Moss, Holt) he would be the most dangerous player in football.....

WRONG !!!
"Most dangerous player in football"
Maybe with his running abilities, but he's not Dan Marion with his arm, He's one of the most inaccurate in the league!

LETS GO BRANDON
Raider Ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:22 PM   #8
fishsmith
DDG-51

I had Vick on my fantasy team two of the last three seasons. He sucked.
Anyone who is part of killing a dog because the dog doesn't win a fight ain't civil and should be behind bars or pushing up daisys.
fishsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:45 PM   #9
EarnedStripes44

He had a passing efficiency mark of 180.4 as a freshmen at VT in 2000, he led the NCAA that year in passing efficiency.

That same year, he took the Hokies to the championship, they lost....but at one point they led briefly after overcoming a 21 point deficit.

He was named to his first Pro Bowl after starting all 15 games played, only missing a game to the New York Giants on October 13 due to a sprained shoulder. He completed 231 of 421 passes for 2,936 yards (both career-highs) and 16 touchdowns, while he also tallied 113 carries for 777 yards and eight rushing touchdowns....All at age 22, 6' and 210lbs.

He has the most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game...EVER

Vick also tied for third in team history for the lowest interception percentage in a season at 1.90 and continued a streak of consecutive passes without an interception that began at St. Louis on January 6, 2002 in the season-finale of the 2001 season and extended to the first quarter vs. Baltimore on November 3, 2002.

His streak covered 25 straight quarters and 177 passes without an interception.

On January 1, 2003, Vick led the Atlanta Falcons to an upset victory over the heavily favored Green Bay Packers 27-7 in the NFC playoffs, ending the Packers' undefeated playoff record at Lambeau Field.

During a pre-season game against the Baltimore Ravens on August 16, Vick suffered a fractured right fibula and missed the first 11 games of the regular season. In Week 13, Vick made his season debut in relief of QB Doug Johnson in the third quarter at Houston on November 30, completing 8 of 11 passes for 60 yards and recording 16 rushing yards on three carries. He posted his first start of the season vs. Carolina on December 7 and amassed the third-highest rushing total by a quarterback in NFL history with 141 yards on 14 carries and one score to lead the Falcons to a come-from-behind 20-14 overtime victory

In 2004, Vick was named to his second Pro Bowl after starting all 15 games played and completing 181 of 321 passes for 2,313 yards with 14 touchdowns

In 2005, Vick was named to his third Pro Bowl after starting all 15 games played and completing 214 of 387 passes for 2,412 yards with 15 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Vick’s 2,412 passing yards moved his career totals to 9,031 in 2005, which bumped him into fourth place all-time in Falcons history. His 597 rushing yards on 102 carries (5.9 avg.) with six scores led all NFL quarterbacks and his 5.9 average yards per carry led all NFL rushers with at least 100 carries. Vick also helped three players have career years in RB Warrick Dunn, TE Alge Crumpler, and WR Michael Jenkins.
Old 07-23-2007, 01:48 PM   #10
EarnedStripes44

I could say more, but I don't much need 2....

dog fighting is cruel, but Michael Vick is definitely, nor not overrated. They struggled '06, but the falcons suck. Please name a decent wide receiver who plays for the Falcons.....like I said before, if he had a decent supporting casts, he would be the most dangerous player in football.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:02 PM   #11
fishbones

Quote:
He had a passing efficiency mark of 180.4 as a freshmen at VT in 2000, he led the NCAA that year in passing efficiency.

That same year, he took the Hokies to the championship, they lost....but at one point they led briefly after overcoming a 21 point deficit.

He was named to his first Pro Bowl after starting all 15 games played, only missing a game to the New York Giants on October 13 due to a sprained shoulder. He completed 231 of 421 passes for 2,936 yards (both career-highs) and 16 touchdowns, while he also tallied 113 carries for 777 yards and eight rushing touchdowns....All at age 22, 6' and 210lbs.

He has the most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single game...EVER

Vick also tied for third in team history for the lowest interception percentage in a season at 1.90 and continued a streak of consecutive passes without an interception that began at St. Louis on January 6, 2002 in the season-finale of the 2001 season and extended to the first quarter vs. Baltimore on November 3, 2002.

His streak covered 25 straight quarters and 177 passes without an interception.

On January 1, 2003, Vick led the Atlanta Falcons to an upset victory over the heavily favored Green Bay Packers 27-7 in the NFC playoffs, ending the Packers' undefeated playoff record at Lambeau Field.

During a pre-season game against the Baltimore Ravens on August 16, Vick suffered a fractured right fibula and missed the first 11 games of the regular season. In Week 13, Vick made his season debut in relief of QB Doug Johnson in the third quarter at Houston on November 30, completing 8 of 11 passes for 60 yards and recording 16 rushing yards on three carries. He posted his first start of the season vs. Carolina on December 7 and amassed the third-highest rushing total by a quarterback in NFL history with 141 yards on 14 carries and one score to lead the Falcons to a come-from-behind 20-14 overtime victory

In 2004, Vick was named to his second Pro Bowl after starting all 15 games played and completing 181 of 321 passes for 2,313 yards with 14 touchdowns

In 2005, Vick was named to his third Pro Bowl after starting all 15 games played and completing 214 of 387 passes for 2,412 yards with 15 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Vick’s 2,412 passing yards moved his career totals to 9,031 in 2005, which bumped him into fourth place all-time in Falcons history. His 597 rushing yards on 102 carries (5.9 avg.) with six scores led all NFL quarterbacks and his 5.9 average yards per carry led all NFL rushers with at least 100 carries. Vick also helped three players have career years in RB Warrick Dunn, TE Alge Crumpler, and WR Michael Jenkins.
Your stats on Vick are interesting, but I could counter them with stats about completion percentage, QB rating, sacks, TD to INT ratio, etc... and he would look worse than most QB's in the NFL. The most important stat (besides winning %) for QB's is completion percentage. His is among the worst in the NFL in that category. People love to jump on the Mike Vick bandwaggon because he is exciting and flashy with his play and his hip hop personna. Bottom line is that he is not a good QB. He doesn't give his receivers time to finish routes because he sprints out of the pocket at the first sign of a pass rush. He doesn't allow his O-linemen to set up their blocks because he doesn't stay in the pocket. He reads defenses very poorly and does not check down to 2nd or 3rd receiver options. Anyone who has played football knows about reading defenses and if a QB doesn't read defenses well, he will either have to run or throw the ball away. In Vick's case, he runs because he can. He is a WR playing QB for a team that will never win as long as he is behind center. As far as the dog fight allegations, if they prove to be true, he is a scumbag and they should lock him up for the maximum amount of time. Then he can be sacked from behind by a a 300lb hairy dude named Tiny.
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:03 PM   #12
fishsmith
DDG-51

I don't think I'll be taking Vick this year, but his t-shirts should be going on sale soon.

Fantasy outlook
19. MICHAEL VICK, ATLANTA: 2,474 yards, 20 TDs, 13 INTs, 1,039 yards rushing, 2 TDs. Nothing like a dogfighting indictment to send you plummeting down the rankings. Could be looking at suspension or worse.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:05 PM   #13
fishbones

Quote:
I could say more, but I don't much need 2....

dog fighting is cruel, but Michael Vick is definitely, nor not overrated. They struggled '06, but the falcons suck. Please name a decent wide receiver who plays for the Falcons.....like I said before, if he had a decent supporting casts, he would be the most dangerous player in football.
You yourself said that Jenkins and Crumpler had career years with the stats you pulled from the Mike Vick Media Guide. So, I guess he has had some good receivers while in Atlanta.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #14
EarnedStripes44

Vick is non traditional, and I don't think the west coast passing style of Atlanta's offensive coordinators is suited for him, its no secret that they don't see eye to eye and his attitude doesn't help. Sure, he is no Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, they are traditionally solid quaterbacks with excellent (although predictable) fundamentals. Vick is another breed of quarterback, he is more explosive- period. You clearly have little appreciation for the sheer level of athleticism, and if anything is overrated it is the criticism of his arm. And Finneran, his go to guy, was injured all of 06' and he has made Alge Crumpler a better player without a doubt, but he too is slow. If Vick had Marvin Harrison, or any other deep threat...you already know what it would be. None of the Falcon's receivers have any speed...none of them. By the way, the stats speak for themselves. He is not someone I want around my dogs but he is one hell of an athlete.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:09 PM   #15
EarnedStripes44

QB rating doesn't take into account rushing
Old 07-23-2007, 02:14 PM   #16
EarnedStripes44

and with regards to reading the defense, maybe Brady should have done that last playoffs when he through that interception that cost us the 07 title. Under pressure, Brady always throws up the middle. The Colts defense new this, and the rest is history...
Old 07-23-2007, 02:25 PM   #17
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
and with regards to reading the defense, maybe Brady should have done that last playoffs when he through that interception that cost us the 07 title. Under pressure, Brady always throws up the middle. The Colts defense new this, and the rest is history...

You must be either joking have a man love thing for Vick !
Even I (a Raiders fan) give Tom Brady credit for being one of the smartest quarterbacks in the game, and on a scale of 1-10
Both Manning and Brady are a 9.9 , but Manning has the better arm, and Brady is more mobil than Manning!
Vick is maybe a 2 smart, 8-9 arm for distance, 2-3 arm accuarate, 10.5 mobil

Last edited by Raider Ronnie; 07-23-2007 at 02:42 PM..

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 07-23-2007, 02:45 PM   #18
EarnedStripes44

Last year he started the season ranked 6th in winning percentage among current starting quaterbacks. He had 20 touchdowns last season and threw for 204 of 388. Thats not great, but that damn sure isn't bad. Peerliss Price is an average receiver and he is not known for blinding speed, and he was a total bust for the falcons. He was'nt chopped liver, he was liquid s*** because the Falcons released him for his dismal play. He had something like six touchdowns that whole season, he was better suited for the bench at that point. A fast receiver is better at getting to those overthrown balls. A good receiver gets the ball. Vick gets a lot of bad publicity for whatever reasons. He got harrassed over a water bottle in Miami and the critics sucked it up like pigs at a trough, the press has been waiting to cook Vick for long time. Lets face it, its something else about Vick rubbing your rhubarb. Hopefully the recent allegations will compel you to volunteer at your local human society. As far as the sports spectating, you leave that to me....
Old 07-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #19
t.orlando

[QUOTE=EarnedStripes44;509405] He got harrassed over a water bottle in Miami and the critics sucked it up like pigs at a trough, /QUOTE]
Harrassed??? He shoulda got his butt arrested. Authorities dropped the ball on that one. Vick is one of the best runningbacks in the league, but at best a marginal QB. He was not even the best QB on his team last year.
t.orlando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:04 PM   #20
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
Last year he started the season ranked 6th in winning percentage among current starting quaterbacks. He had 20 touchdowns last season and threw for 204 of 388. Thats not great, but that damn sure isn't bad. Peerliss Price is an average receiver and he is not known for blinding speed, and he was a total bust for the falcons. He was'nt chopped liver, he was liquid s*** because the Falcons released him for his dismal play. He had something like six touchdowns that whole season, he was better suited for the bench at that point. A fast receiver is better at getting to those overthrown balls. A good receiver gets the ball. Vick gets a lot of bad publicity for whatever reasons. He got harrassed over a water bottle in Miami and the critics sucked it up like pigs at a trough, the press has been waiting to cook Vick for long time. Lets face it, its something else about Vick rubbing your rhubarb. Hopefully the recent allegations will compel you to volunteer at your local human society. As far as the sports spectating, you leave that to me....

I've got a feeling this is a racial thing for you !

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 07-23-2007, 03:06 PM   #21
EarnedStripes44

race?, I thought this was about animal cruelty...
Old 07-23-2007, 03:18 PM   #22
fishsmith
DDG-51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike_King View Post
Lemme guess..You're the Michael Vick guy that calls EEI?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #23
fishbones

EarnedStripes44 , you've picked a handful of positive stats from years of Vick's playing days, including college. Come on, college stats do not count in the NFL. His NFL stats are not good as compared to other starting QB's in the league. Yes, he can run for a lot of yards.....but QB's are not supposed to run, they are supposed to be able to throw an accurate pass. And to your point about running yards not being part of the QB rating, you are correct. That is because the QB rating is also called the "Passer Rating", which means that it is about being a good passer, not runner. He is a great athlete and exciting runner. But, as a quarterback, he just stinks. He will never live up to the hype, and he is a punk just like his felon brother. Good luck to Joey Harrington on his new position as starting QB for the Falcons.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:26 PM   #24
EarnedStripes44

I never said that Michael Vick is Peyton Manning and he definitely will never be Kurt Warner, but I think a player is going to come along who is fast like Mike Vick and has the accurracy of Brady. On that day, football will change forever, much in the same fashion as basketball did when Iverson entered the NBA. I think Michael Vick and Allen Iverson's careers parrellel in more ways than one. They are both from tidewater Virginia, they are both products of the street and the press feeds off their bad choices like Mullet feeding on detritus. Just like QB's aren't supposed to run, basketball players aren't supposed to crossover or stutter step, Iverson changed that when he nearly made Mike Jordan fall. Let's face it, the game is evolving. You can say what you want about A.I.'s field goal percentage, but that does not take away from the fact that he is third all time scorer, only behind Wilt Chamberlain and Mike Jordan. Vicks had tough games, but he plays in a tough division, one of the toughest in the league. I give credit when its due. I feel like Mike Vick, for some reason, is very threatening to a lot of people, media included. He has great potential. As far as living up to the hype, that indictment is going to make that terribly difficult. On the other hand, he just turned 27, so he has plenty of time- provided he is acquitted.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #25
Shake N' Bake

I never liked Vick.
Many NFL fans came out to cheer the idiot from Atlanta.
Run! That is ALL he could do. I will give him that.
Falcons thought they were playing baseball and put all thier money into ONE player. One that could run as well as throw.
One player in the NFL does not win games.
That was for all you that think Vick was some kind of NFL hero.

As for the way he treats dogs...I can't say anything that has not already been said by some dam good guys on this forum.
My favorite fishing buddys are my Boxers. I am a Dog person.
I wouldn't pp in Vicks mouth if it was on fire.
I just hope something positive comes from this, like tougher fines and longer jail time.
American Staffordshire Terriers are good dogs owned by idiots like Vick. (This statement does not mean that all owners are idiots. I know many good people that have this wonderful breed of dog.)
Vick and your idiot friends...Time will tell.
Shake N' Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:51 PM   #26
Raider Ronnie

Quote:
race?, I thought this was about animal cruelty...

I was referring to you comments about Vick as a player.

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 07-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #27
kevin d

One of the truest remarks I've heard in this case: "Who'd have thought that Marcus was the smart one of the family?"
kevin d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:51 PM   #28
Raven

i don't think pitt bulls should be allowed in america period

they are here for one reason... fighting other dogs
or keeping the cops or drug thieves out...

any that show the killer attack dog tendancy should
'be killed ...any that are lovable and sweet are an acception
if they are neutered or spayed.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:56 PM   #29
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Gotta laugh at your insinuation of Iverson or someone like a Vick taking their sport to a new dimension. A.I.? Come on. Let's look at Julius Erving, Bobby Orr, Gretzky, and Jordan. Those are players who forced clubs to rethink how to play the game and structure a team. Those sports are played with five active players, goalie not included, in a true running clock game. I can't think of a player who could revolutionize a game such as football, except maybe Jim Brown. And, Iverson???? Give me a break. One dimensional street game. Entertaining, maybe. My kid thinks he's awesome. How many rings does he, or Vick have?

Mention Iverson, I think of his tats, his Mr T starter kit, then his scoring.
Mention Vick, I first think of him flipping off the home crowd on national TV. How to show them what a fine citizen he is.......

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #30
bart
Red Eye Jedi

only thing that A.I. and Mike Vick have in common is that they're both a coupla thugs that will never win a championship...
bart is offline   Reply With Quote