Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 12-14-2010, 05:10 AM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Here we gooooo

THIS ought to be interesting. Let's see what cadillac jack got up his sleeve....I'll put $5 down that it costs me more.

Patrick To Tackle Rising Health Costs - Health News Story - WCVB Boston

WHERE YA BEEN THE LAST 4 YEARS WHILE I BEEN GETTING ASS RAPED
Old 12-14-2010, 05:13 AM   #2
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Johnson asked Patrick why it would take political courage when everybody knows it has to be done.

“Because it's change,” he said. “A lot of very powerful folks have a stake in the way it is right now.”

And that right there will kill the whole thing from the start. Lobbyists for all the hmo's who now have an extra 4-500 million a year bone from the current legislation.

DOG AND PONY SHOW
Old 12-14-2010, 05:17 AM   #3
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

EXACTLY what I said to my wife 2 years ago. There should be ONE payment per year per person. You be my doc for the year you get paid the whole thing. You weasel out somewhere you lose and someone else gets your money instead....

ONLY THEN will you see the real costs of health care drop. Til they come up with some other way to charge $5k for a tylenol or $200 for a 5 minute office visit.

"Specifically, the governor is expected to accelerate the adoption of a move toward global payments, where doctors and health care providers are not paid set amounts for each office visit, scan or test, but rather a lump sum for taking care of all of a patient’s medical needs in a given year."
Old 12-14-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
scottw

[QUOTE=#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&;818232

"Specifically, the governor is expected to accelerate the adoption of a move toward global payments, where doctors and health care providers are not paid set amounts for each office visit, scan or test, but rather a lump sum for taking care of all of a patient’s medical needs in a given year."[/QUOTE]

this is Brilliant!
someone that can't responsibly run a state government is going to tell doctors and heathcare providers how to run their businesses....
Old 12-14-2010, 08:07 AM   #5
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

yea but it's really a good idea don't you think? Doctors will compete for your business. They'll want to keep your business just like a regular business. They won't be able to charge $200 for a 5 minute office visit anymore.

Pay your pcp a set rate then pay hospitals a set rate when you get sick.

Screw the illegal aliens. No pay no play. You came to this country you don't deserve our benefits if your here illegally. Oh a heart attack? here's a plane ticket back to your homeland

oh wait I just woke up. It'll never pass. Too many lobbyists and people that make milions and millions a year.

What a heartless bastard I am
Old 12-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #6
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^& View Post
yea but it's really a good idea don't you think?
excellent idea, we should apply it to all businesses, the government(I say goverment because that is where we will end up with this kind of thinking) will make a "global payment" to various vendors for the citizen and that vendor will provide all of the "needs" of that citizen in their respective specialty for the entire year...

for instance: global payment for groceries...who wouldn't like that? pay once and just go get what you need when you need it, although it sounds a little like EBT...doesn't it?

hey...Global Payments for fishing lures....we could make a single payment at the begining of the season and just come and take what we need throughout the season...you'd probably make out ok...right?

are you aware that there was a proposal in Great Britain
to have all private companies forward the workers wages to the government first ?... and then the government would take their fare share and forward the remains on to the "earner".....this would be the perfect scenario for "Global Payments"...the government could just simply and ever so efficiently make all of these payments for you and give you what it felt you actually need to live on out of the remains...this would take care of all of those making Millions and Millions as well
Old 12-14-2010, 08:54 AM   #7
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

I'm in...I'll make more that way than I probably do now. No taxes cuz they take everything already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
excellent idea, we should apply it to all businesses, the government(I say goverment because that is where we will end up with this kind of thinking) will make a "global payment" to various vendors for the citizen and that vendor will provide all of the "needs" of that citizen in their respective specialty for the entire year...

for instance: global payment for groceries...who wouldn't like that? pay once and just go get what you need when you need it, although it sounds a little like EBT...doesn't it?

hey...Global Payments for fishing lures....we could make a single payment at the begining of the season and just come and take what we need throughout the season...you'd probably make out ok...right?

are you aware that there was a proposal in Great Britain
to have all private companies forward the workers wages to the government first ?... and then the government would take their fare share and forward the remains on to the "earner".....this would be the perfect scenario for "Global Payments"...the government could just simply and ever so efficiently make all of these payments for you and give you what it felt you actually need to live on out of the remains...this would take care of all of those making Millions and Millions as well
Old 12-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #8
scottw

we can no longer trust the individual to do or even know what is best for them..just ask the first lady...

Michelle Obama on Child Nutrition: ‘We Can’t Just Leave It Up To The Parents’

we all need the government to direct our lives, impose fairness in the markets and protect us from eachother.....