Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-04-2009, 06:53 PM   #1
Raven

Thumbs up Bush worst president

its on the news....

Last edited by Raven; 01-05-2009 at 11:16 AM..
Old 01-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
Nebe

I told all of you this a long long time ago.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:25 PM   #3
Brian L

According to whom?
Old 01-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
Swimmer
Retired Surfer

Obama's nominees are starting to wilt allready, Richardson drops out.

Swimmer a.k.a. YO YO MA
Serial Mailbox Killer/Seal Fisherman
Old 01-04-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swimmer View Post
Obama's nominees are starting to wilt allready, Richardson drops out.
Starting to wilt?

Considering the circumstances, I think they're probably going to be going beyond zero tolerance for a while. Anything to take focus from the innaguration will be nuked.

I'd note there's no evidence Richardson has done anything wrong. We'll let the investigation decide...

-spence
Old 01-04-2009, 09:35 PM   #6
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian L View Post
According to whom?
Well....ME for one

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #7
Mr. Krinkle
Covered in Sawdust

He's been bad, there is no doubt. However, I think his legacy depends on the future stability of Iraq.

The problems with the economy are too far-reaching to be blamed on one person. I think there are many elected officals and greedy corprate aholes to blame for that.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:42 AM   #8
Raven

Quote:
According to whom?
the guy (democrat) in the picture thinking it...

now he's saying it...

Swimmer Richardson had to bow out because of an investigation
into past business that might screw things up

the story has been yanked off of CNN by somebody

Last edited by Raven; 01-05-2009 at 06:00 AM..
Old 01-05-2009, 06:41 AM   #9
Brian L

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Well....ME for one

LOL! Well okay then, it's settled... ;^)

What a train wreck. The more f****d up everything gets (or is perceived to be getting) the easier it is for Obama to take as long as he wants to to try to fix it. Not sure if that is a good thing, as he's not done anything yet. He'll be selling his second term before he's inaugurated for his first.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:48 AM   #10
Brian L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Krinkle View Post
He's been bad, there is no doubt. However, I think his legacy depends on the future stability of Iraq.

The problems with the economy are too far-reaching to be blamed on one person. I think there are many elected officals and greedy corprate aholes to blame for that.
That's what bugs me about all the Bush bashing. I don't disagree he's been horrible for the economy, but he's had plenty of help. Why aren't the rest implicated as well? Congress has had a lower approval rating than him, yet many of them flew right under the radar on the way to re-election this fall.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:13 AM   #11
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
I told all of you this a long long time ago.

Nebe has Clairvoyant abilities
Old 01-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #12
Nebe

nebestradomus has spoken.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:10 AM   #13
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

The Genius that is George.....

And Brian L....if the statement was the "Worst Group of Politicians Ever" I would have agreed with that too....No shortage of nitwits in Washington the past few years.....both D's and R's

Bushisms over the years

President George W. Bush will leave behind a legacy of Bushisms, the label stamped on the commander in chief's original speaking style. Some of the president's more notable malaprops and mangled statements:

___

• "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." — September 2000, explaining his energy policies at an event in Michigan.

• "Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?" — January 2000, during a campaign event in South Carolina.

• "They misunderestimated the compassion of our country. I think they misunderestimated the will and determination of the commander in chief, too." — Sept. 26, 2001, in Langley, Va. Bush was referring to the terrorists who carried out the Sept. 11 attacks.

• "There's no doubt in my mind, not one doubt in my mind, that we will fail." — Oct. 4, 2001, in Washington. Bush was remarking on a back-to-work plan after the terrorist attacks.

• "It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of human cloning to come out of that chamber." — April 10, 2002, at the White House, as Bush urged Senate passage of a broad ban on cloning.

• "I want to thank the dozens of welfare-to-work stories, the actual examples of people who made the firm and solemn commitment to work hard to embetter themselves." — April 18, 2002, at the White House.

• "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." — Sept. 17, 2002, in Nashville, Tenn.

• "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." — Aug. 5, 2004, at the signing ceremony for a defense spending bill.

• "Too many good docs are getting out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." — Sept. 6, 2004, at a rally in Poplar Bluff, Mo.

• "Our most abundant energy source is coal. We have enough coal to last for 250 years, yet coal also prevents an environmental challenge." — April 20, 2005, in Washington.

• "We look forward to hearing your vision, so we can more better do our job." — Sept. 20, 2005, in Gulfport, Miss.

• "I can't wait to join you in the joy of welcoming neighbors back into neighborhoods, and small businesses up and running, and cutting those ribbons that somebody is creating new jobs." — Sept. 5, 2005, when Bush met with residents of Poplarville, Miss., in the wake of Hurricane Katrina.

• "It was not always a given that the United States and America would have a close relationship. After all, 60 years we were at war 60 years ago we were at war." — June 29, 2006, at the White House, where Bush met with Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi.

• "Make no mistake about it, I understand how tough it is, sir. I talk to families who die." — Dec. 7, 2006, in a joint appearance with British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

• "These are big achievements for this country, and the people of Bulgaria ought to be proud of the achievements that they have achieved." — June 11, 2007, in Sofia, Bulgaria.

• "Mr. Prime Minister, thank you for your introduction. Thank you for being such a fine host for the OPEC summit." — September 2007, in Sydney, Australia, where Bush was attending an APEC summit.

• "Thank you, Your Holiness. Awesome speech." April 16, 2008, at a ceremony welcoming Pope Benedict XVI to the White House.

• "The fact that they purchased the machine meant somebody had to make the machine. And when somebody makes a machine, it means there's jobs at the machine-making place." — May 27, 2008, in Mesa, Ariz.

• "And they have no disregard for human life." — July 15, 2008, at the White House. Bush was referring to enemy fighters in Afghanistan.

• "I remember meeting a mother of a child who was abducted by the North Koreans right here in the Oval Office." — June 26, 2008, during a Rose Garden news briefing.

• "Throughout our history, the words of the Declaration have inspired immigrants from around the world to set sail to our shores. These immigrants have helped transform 13 small colonies into a great and growing nation of more than 300 people." — July 4, 2008 in Virginia.

• "The people in Louisiana must know that all across our country there's a lot of prayer — prayer for those whose lives have been turned upside down. And I'm one of them. It's good to come down here." — Sept. 3, 2008, at an emergency operations center in Baton Rouge, La., after Hurricane Gustav hit the Gulf Coast.

• "This thaw — took a while to thaw, it's going to take a while to unthaw." Oct. 20, 2008, in Alexandria, La., as he discussed the economy and frozen credit markets.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 01-05-2009, 09:47 AM   #14
Mr. Krinkle
Covered in Sawdust

Quote:
That's what bugs me about all the Bush bashing. I don't disagree he's been horrible for the economy, but he's had plenty of help. Why aren't the rest implicated as well? Congress has had a lower approval rating than him, yet many of them flew right under the radar on the way to re-election this fall.
because the percieved power of the President of the US is extremely overrated. I look at the position of the Presidency and equate it to that of the NFL Quarterback. If the team loses, who catches the majority of the blame? They lead so they blamed when things go wrong, which is the case for many leaders, whether in business, sports, or government.

There are many people to blame for the climate of our country, not just the President...eventhough he has been a poor president.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:53 AM   #15
Brian L

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
The Genius that is George.....

And Brian L....if the statement was the "Worst Group of Politicians Ever" I would have agreed with that too....No shortage of nitwits in Washington the past few years.....both D's and R's

Well, that's all I was looking for. W seems to be getting the brunt of the blame and I'm okay with him getting his, but I haven't seen too many "worst congress ever" threads here or anywhere else I go on the web. Seems a little unbalanced to me.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #16
EarnedStripes44

Quote:
Well, that's all I was looking for. W seems to be getting the brunt of the blame and I'm okay with him getting his, but I haven't seen too many "worst congress ever" threads here or anywhere else I go on the web. Seems a little unbalanced to me.
We should have a worse supreme court judges thread too. For Thomas, Scalia, (late) Renqhuist, et al who put Bush in office in 2000. What an untenable position those conservative judges took. This mess didnt begin in Iraq. Bush has had legitimacy issues from the beginning.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #17
PaulS

According to the polls I have seen, his approval rating is the worse of any president at the end of their term. That is the short term. Long term history may judge him differently, but I don't think so. His only hope is for Iraq to become a functioning democracy and for that to spread through out the M.E. Even if that occurs, the M.E. has somewhat faded into the background because how he broke the economy.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:53 AM   #18
Joe

I don't think history is going to be kind to Bush.
History is written by historians, who are of the academic community who are overwhelmingly liberal.
Also, historians glean their information from primary sources - what the books, magazines, and peridocals during a former president's presidency covered at the time.
You can't be anti-education, anti-intellectual, anti-media - and then expect that the people who write history will treat you well.

Old 01-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #19
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

So now after 8 years it's been decided that Bush wasn't really presidential material.

For chrissakes, that guy wasn't even college material.

In terms of the condition he's left the country in - the buck may well stop at the Oval Office, but he had plenty of help in creating the debacle we're looking at today from BOTH sides of the aisle and every branch of government.

I really want to see if Obama is going to sic the Justice Department on this crew regardless of their affiliation. It will be a game of Whack-a-Mole the likes of which has never been seen if he does. I truly wish him Godspeed but the proof is going to be in the pudding - and I voted for him.

I think of all of the monumental tasks he is going to face, the very biggest is going to be creating the paradigm shift that will have to take place first in order for the government to serve the people rather than the other way around.

Last edited by Crafty Angler; 01-05-2009 at 12:37 PM..
Old 02-02-2009, 04:47 PM   #20
Raven

Thumbs up he was balloon material

http://www.delawareonline.com/blogs/...ashington.html
Old 02-02-2009, 05:22 PM   #21
Duke41
got gas?

Lets just put the stupid SOB behind us and Move On!!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #22
buckman

Wait four years. We'll have a new standard for "worst"
Old 02-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #23
eastendlu

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Wait four years. We'll have a new standard for "worst"
So you must agree that Bush has set the Gold standard for worst.

Originally Posted by Flaptail
"Throw plugs like we do that will cause them to suffer humility. Pogies make any fisherman look good when bass are around. Bait is easy."
Old 02-03-2009, 06:41 AM   #24
buckman

No, I still believe Carter was far worse.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:40 AM   #25
Raven

no way

Carter could never fill that shoe

Old 02-03-2009, 08:01 AM   #26
Duke41
got gas?

Carter was worse no doubt
Old 02-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #27
spence

Put simply, Bush did a pathetic job of upholding the US Constitution and made repeated blunders because a radical idiology and violent partisanship caused them to place party first ahead of the American people.

This is far worse in people's eyes than someone who wasn't that effective or who's politics you just didn't agree with. Carter may have been pretty lame but at least I respect him as a President who was honest and worked for all Americans. I'd note that on most lists he doesn't make the bottom 10.

-spence

Last edited by spence; 02-03-2009 at 08:25 AM..
Old 02-03-2009, 08:29 AM   #28
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Put simply, Bush did a pathetic job of upholding the US Constitution and made repeated blunders because a radical idiology and violent partisanship caused them to place party first ahead of the American people.

This is far worse in people's eyes than someone who wasn't that effective or who's politics you just didn't agree with. Carter may have been lame but at least I respect him.

-spence
Interesting take.
And now that Obama and the Dems are about to double the amount spent on discretionary spending and sink the country to boot for a radical idiology and violent parisanship would you say they are putting their party first. Not to mention selling off the true American way of life for future votes.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #29
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Interesting take.
And now that Obama and the Dems are about to double the amount spent on discretionary spending and sink the country to boot for a radical idiology and violent parisanship would you say they are putting their party first. Not to mention selling off the true American way of life for future votes.
A lot of assumptions there...

And I think you're either intentionally or unintentionally misunderstanding the statement on idiology and partisanship.

-spence
Old 02-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #30
buckman

No assumptions. Read the bill. 1/2 the spending will be put off to coincide with the next election. If they add 40 billion to education this year are you nieve enough to think they will cut that next year. The Republicans are all you have to stand in the way of this BS.

It wouldn't be like you to make a statement that could be taken two ways. Would it?