Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 02-18-2019, 11:37 PM   #1
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
This is your drunken intellectual mode. Only right wing media is obsessed with racial heritage day after day? As for the "inept and failing" crap, it comes off as inebriated verbal slobber.
Are you employing identity politics when you infer or accuse someone of having white privilege?
When you can’t retort, resort to insults
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-18-2019, 11:52 PM   #2
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
When you can’t retort, resort to insults
I did retort. First I described your senseless verbal slobber. Then I asked "Are you employing identity politics when you infer or accuse someone of having white privilege?"

You didn't retort back. You deflected.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:10 AM   #3
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
I did retort. First I described your senseless verbal slobber. Then I asked "Are you employing identity politics when you infer or accuse someone of having white privilege?"

You didn't retort back. You deflected.
You think Trump can do no wrong and are a constant defender, sad. And if anyone hits at Don the Con you attack. Michael Cohen figured it out, just took him a long time. You will also, sooner or later.

But yours was a deflection from my question "Are you arguing for or against identity politics when you claim special status for black unemployment?"

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-19-2019, 09:15 AM   #4
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
All the coverage I saw of the incident was reported with a healthy bit of skepticism from the beginning. Seems like a poorly planned publicity stunt. You didn't know who the guy was and now you do. If it was a hoax he'll likely be a felon soon.
I don't know what coverage you saw, everything I saw was the guy was a victim of a hate crime. No "let's see what facts develop".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Kamela Harris and Corey Booker said it was a modern day lynching. Nancy Pelosi and Alexandra Cortez said it was a "racist, homophopbic" attack.

If that represents a "healthy bit of skepticism" to you, boy I hope I don't live long enough to see you feel that anyone actually rushed to judgment.

I don't doubt that he'll get what's coming to him (though he may enjoy prison). What about the 4 politicians I mentioned? Will they go on the air and apologize for fanning the flames of racial tensions?

^^ He is correct

Quote:
If an attack like that happened what should people say about it?
Should the first reaction be maybe it didn't happen?
Why do they have to apologize for an honest statement about what they believe happened?

Maybe the guy who is so blind to white privilege and sees black and Latino unemployment went down as something special, "even though they are black I got them jobs, look at me, I'm special" should apologize.
The First reaction should be "Such and such claims to be a victim of an attack of..." First reports of often enough wrong that we will wait for more information"

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming:
Old 02-19-2019, 10:29 AM   #5
detbuch

Quote:
You think Trump can do no wrong

This is an absurd, ignorant, display of intellectual inebriation. Drunkeness leads to false and silly absolutes.

and are a constant defender, sad.

Apparently, you have a problem when someone you constantly attack is defended against false accusations. I understand how that can be sad for you when the beast that occupies your besotted brain is defended.

And if anyone hits at Don the Con you attack.

If you could dry out from your phrenic intoxication of hateful obsession with Trump, you would notice that there are many occasions that I don't respond to hits at the Don. Some are funny, most are too obviously stupid to care about, and some are true.

Michael Cohen figured it out, just took him a long time. You will also, sooner or later.

I'm sure that if Mueller was threatening me with certain life imprisonment I'd strongly consider copping a plea.

But yours was a deflection from my question "Are you arguing for or against identity politics when you claim special status for black unemployment?"
You didn't ask me that question. You asked Jim.

Last edited by detbuch; 02-19-2019 at 10:58 AM..
Old 02-19-2019, 11:32 AM   #6
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You didn't ask me that question. You asked Jim.
I didn’t ask you any question but you felt compelled to answer

Lets Go Darwin
Old 02-19-2019, 12:05 PM   #7
detbuch

Quote:
I didn’t ask you any question but you felt compelled to answer
It was a comment, not answer. I do make comments. As do you. Is that OK?