Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 01-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

President Obama struck down a rule Friday that prohibits U.S. money from funding international family-planning clinics that promote abortion or provide counseling or referrals about abortion services.

This is good news, I feel much better that in the recession we are in, my tax dollars are going to go to abortions in other countries. Thats a good use of MY money.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 01-25-2009, 06:30 PM   #2
Nebe

abort the terrorists before they are born... brilliant!
Old 01-25-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
Joe

Yes, if a women's center provided abortion counseling as part of their services, that would no longer preclude them from aid.
He also opened the door for federal funding for stem cell research.
Ya know, that stem cell stuff could grow into quite the industry if through stem cells we found that we could cure paralysis, and organ diseases.
Then you got that Hillary Clinton proclaiming that diplomacy must be the cornerstone of foreign policy.
Up is down, right is wrong, cats sleeping with dogs.

Old 01-25-2009, 10:23 PM   #4
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
This is good news, I feel much better that in the recession we are in, my tax dollars are going to go to abortions in other countries. Thats a good use of MY money.
For starters, the principle purpose of the order is to allow support to groups that provide counseling and birth control to *prevent* the need for abortions.

Second, just because the Executive order has been made, it doesn't immediately provide money to those groups - only lifts the prohibition.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
Joe

The Ann Coulter school...
Wade through a proposal and slice out the most inflamatory item, and then attribute that as the basis of policy.
Cite the most liberal element and claim that he is the representation of policy.
Quote numbers that don't hold up to checking