Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » The Scuppers

The Scuppers This is a new forum for the not necessarily fishing related topics...

Old 02-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #1
Dick Durand

Skiing NH

Just returned from skiing a couple of days in NH, where we experienced surprisingly good conditions at Cannon Mt, which is busy making a ton of white stuff for the vacation week. On Thursday we skied at Bretton Woods, hitting some trails that I suspect were open for the first time this season. The ski patrol were on the hills opening trails thoughout the day as fresh snow added a little more cover, offering us an opportunity to hit some relatively deep powder (considering this is NE). Fortunately, we beat the cold snap.
Dick Durand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:19 PM   #2
trevier

My mom works up at Loon mtn for the NEDS program. On vacation week she stays home, it's a total zoo up there she says. Now for NH vacation week it's a ghost town. You could go up an down all day long an never wait in line.
trevier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 04:52 PM   #3
Rockport24
President - S-B Chapter - Kelly Clarkson Fan Club

good to hear, I was up at wildcat last weekend and I heard the conditions kinda sucked! I didn't ski, was on the bunny slope with my daughter!
Rockport24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:47 AM   #4
jredfly
Bait Boy's Dad

Went Skiing at McIntyre small mountain in Manchester NH yesterday. Great place to learn or for novices and cheap $36 for adult, $30 for kids under 17 plus only an hour from Boston. It looks like they haven't had much natural snow in Southern NH but with decent snow making they had coverage. Nice newer lodge, no lines, good rental shop and tubing. I don't have any affiliation with this place I just think it is a good deal for a family on a budget and thought it would be nice to share info. Have fun!

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it - Irish Blessing
jredfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:18 AM   #5
Dick Durand

Weather is still playing havoc with the skiing. Not a cheap sport for a young family. I'm a senior who takes advantage of mid-week lift ticket prices . . . $25 at Bretton Woods, for example.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:09 PM   #6
Hookedagain

Just got back from NH and skied Shawnee peak on Friday, conditions were awful. With the rain earlier in the week it just iced over and they are not making snow for the rest of the year. Skied Attitash Thursday and Saturday. Conditions were better Thursday, Friday night they got 4" of wet snow and after it was skied on it turned to packed ice. Wildcat today, not too bad but still not great.
Hookedagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 05:10 PM   #7
Dick Durand

Just received a post from Burke Mt. indicating that they will be closed on Thursday, but reopening on Friday. This is still February, isn't it?