Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 07-30-2019, 01:03 PM   #61
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post

TDF is one of the most rational middle ground people
here,

Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
what!?....I thought I was?
Old 07-30-2019, 01:04 PM   #62
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
And if he doesn't??
it'll REALLY be fun
Old 07-30-2019, 01:30 PM   #63
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
what!?....I thought I was?
Don't worry, Sox have a 4 game series with the Yank-mees this weekend, calm and rational will not be part of the repertoire for the weekend

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 07-30-2019, 01:45 PM   #64
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
And if he doesn't??
I’ll be as fine as i was during the obama years. i won’t hide for three months like spence did, i won’t make daily posts attacking whoever wins. i complained here about obama, but nothing remotely like this.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:58 PM   #65
scottw

Quote:

i won’t hide for three months like spence did,

at least he found his way back...i missed him
Old 07-30-2019, 03:14 PM   #66
wdmso

Quote:
I’ll be as fine as i was during the obama years. i won’t hide for three months like spence did, i won’t make daily posts attacking whoever wins. i complained here about obama, but nothing remotely like this.
IF the next Potus whom ever it may be acts like our currret potus . I encourage you to complain..

Its better than bending the knee .. as if whats going on now is acceptable
Old 01-19-2021, 11:31 AM   #67
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
You might want to tell these folks that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Why post a picture of your children?
The victim even squeals when someone else gets jabbed

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2021, 11:59 AM   #68
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
You might want to tell these folks that.
Quote:
Why post a picture of your children?
Quote:
My kids are actually clean cut, productive members of society. These must be your relations, I can smell the in-breeding from here
Quote:
he makes a valid point, and you smear his kids?

there’s liberalism for you. liberalism in a nutshell, not even his kids are spared when a liberal is losing an argument.

F*ck you, you sniveling snowflake coward. TDF is one of the most rational middle ground people
here, and you insult his kids. one of whom is an eagle scout, yeah there’s all kinds of dysfunctionality there i’m sure.

F*ck you and the stupid, deranged, hate filled, intolerant liberal horse you rode in on.

TDF kick me off the board if you need to, i could care less.
The original internet tough guy victim

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2021, 01:56 PM   #69
PaulS

Quote:
he makes a valid point, and you smear his kids?

there’s liberalism for you. liberalism in a nutshell, not even his kids are spared when a liberal is losing an argument.

F*ck you, you sniveling snowflake coward. TDF is one of the most rational middle ground people
here, and you insult his kids. one of whom is an eagle scout, yeah there’s all kinds of dysfunctionality there i’m sure.

F*ck you and the stupid, deranged, hate filled, intolerant liberal horse you rode in on.

TDF kick me off the board if you need to, i could care less.
Quote:
Too funny.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:33 PM   #70
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Too funny.
So it's funny to you that Pete smeared TDFs kids, and I stuck up for them. That's funny to you?

Pete, if you think my telling you off makes me a victim, you don't know what a victim is. It takes a small, terrified, special kind of coward to bring someone else's children into a political discussion.

Paul, you know what tells me for certain, I did the right thing there? Pete didn't like what I did, neither did you, but TDF did. All I need to know.

You also said very specifically, that you didn't care what Pete did. Good for you.

I felt great when I did that, and I feel great remembering it. Exposing a bully deranged with hate, sticking up for the kids of one of the most respectable guys here? You think youre making me look bad?

You guys can't get one right by accident.

I totally forgot how thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying it felt to slap him around here. and how revealing it was when you said you didn’t care what he did.

meanwhile TDF has a daughter in school he adores and a son who’s an eagle scout, and God only knows the horror of pete’s home life that causes him to act the way he does here, so the winners and losers here are pretty clear.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-21-2021 at 04:50 PM..
Old 09-21-2021, 04:56 PM   #71
spence

Quote:
So it's funny to you that Pete smeared TDFs kids, and I stuck up for them. That's funny to you?
Like 15 years ago one of the forum's more colorful members who no longer posts talked about boiling my children in oil. I didn't freak out but just asked John to take down the post which he somewhat reluctantly did.

That being said, kids should be left out of politics unless they're adults and willingly part of the story. I'll never forget the time Rush Limbaugh put up a photo of a 12 year old Chelsey Clinton and compared her to a dog. Republicans thought it was funny. Thank god for political correctness cause that shat wouldn't fly today.
Old 09-21-2021, 05:01 PM   #72
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Like 15 years ago one of the forum's more colorful members who no longer posts talked about boiling my children in oil. I didn't freak out but just asked John to take down the post which he somewhat reluctantly did.

That being said, kids should be left out of politics unless they're adults and willingly part of the story. I'll never forget the time Rush Limbaugh put up a photo of a 12 year old Chelsey Clinton and compared her to a dog. Republicans thought it was funny. Thank god for political correctness cause that shat wouldn't fly today.
i’m sorry someone did that to you, and i haven’t listened to 5 total minutes of rush because of stuff just like that.

Spence we don’t agree on anything, but o know you’re a good guy deep down from your posts here especially one i made in someone else thread about loss, you said something really thoughtful when i posted an experience of mine i was trying to help the guy who suffered an enormous loss, i shared a similar story and you were great about it if i remember correctly which i’m certain i do.

i think pete is a very deranged and hate filled sick coward, and i’d say the same exact thing if he brought up your kids or anyone else’s.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-21-2021 at 05:08 PM..
Old 09-21-2021, 05:44 PM   #73
PaulS

Quote:
So it's funny to you that Pete smeared TDFs kids, and I stuck up for them. That's funny to you?You're anger is what is so funny to me. You want to be banned bc you can't help yourself. If you're so miserable and want to be banned, stay away. But you can't control yourself. Pete's comments could have been taken as a joke but Kevin went ballistic w/the inbreeding comment For some reason that didn't bother you.

Pete, if you think my telling you off makes me a victim, you don't know what a victim is. It takes a small, terrified, special kind of coward Why is he a coward? to bring someone else's children into a political discussion. Easily could have been taken as a joke but again, Kevin went ballistic w/the inbreeding comment.

Paul, you know what tells me for certain, I did the right thing there? Pete didn't like what I did, neither did you, but TDF did. All I need to know.Who cares what you think. You're an angry person who agues w/everyone.

You also said very specifically, that you didn't care what Pete did. Good for you.

I felt great when I did that, and I feel great remembering it. Exposing a bully deranged with hate, sticking up for the kids of one of the most respectable guys here? You think youre making me look bad?You make yourself look bad every day here with your constant insults.

You guys can't get one right by accident.

I totally forgot how thoroughly enjoyable and satisfying it felt to slap him around here. I don't think he gets slapped around. I think he is far wittier than you will ever be. You're just an t angry person and don't seem to have a sense of humor. and how revealing it was when you said you didn’t care what he did.

meanwhile TDF has a daughter in school he adores and a son who’s an eagle scout, and God only knows the horror of pete’s home life that causes him to act the way he does here, so the winners and losers here are pretty clear.
I don't think Pete's life is a horror. I just can't imagine you out w/friends (although to me you seem so miserable I really doubt you have good friends). And if you tell me you have lots of friends, good for you. I could care less.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:05 PM   #74
Jim in CT

Quote:
I don't think Pete's life is a horror. I just can't imagine you out w/friends (although to me you seem so miserable I really doubt you have good friends). And if you tell me you have lots of friends, good for you. I could care less.
you’re right, i didn’t say anything when tdf swung back.

Because unlike you, i don’t see a moral equivalence between someone sucker punching you, and you hitting back.

continue your circle jerk with pete. the one banned from starting threads because of his dark behavior.

He’s a coward because he’s an internet bully. most men would say it’s cowardly to bring another’s kids into it. You’re ok with it, at least when he does it, most men would
say it’s cowardly.

Paul if i get banned form the political
forum for standing up to a guy who goes after kevin’s kids, and makes an issue of someone’s wife having cancer or calling out a jerk who still uses the word retard, i’ll find a way to soldier on somehow. i told
kevin at the time i was fine with it if he booted me.

Lots of good friends. Every one of them to good to use the word retard, or defend those who insult someone’s kids or defend someone who brings up the fact that someone else’s wife has cancer ( i mean that’s classy right there). that’s all fine as far as you’re concerned.

Good for you.

Why did he resurrect a two year old thread in which he behaved so pathetically?

You know what set Pete off in this thread? Pete said Trump was a racist hatemonger for criticizing the city of Baltimore. TDF posted many, many examples of powerful democrats trashing the city of Baltimore, Pete had no quarrel with those folks criticizing Baltimore, only when Trump did it. He made Pete look wrong and hypocritical. So Pete, rather than just admitting people other than Trump criticized Baltimore, he went after Kevin’s kids.

He made an idiotic argument and got exposed for it. And his reaction was to lash out at the guy who just posted truth that contradicted his post.

very mature.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-21-2021 at 06:37 PM..
Old 09-21-2021, 06:44 PM   #75
PaulS

Oh yes and the other thing that I thought was funny was your insisting you won't run and hide for 3 months or make posts attacking whoever wins. How long were you hiding?
Old 09-21-2021, 06:50 PM   #76
Jim in CT

Quote:
Oh yes and the other thing that I thought was funny was your insisting you won't run and hide for 3 months or make posts attacking whoever wins. How long were you hiding?
i said i wouldn’t criticize who wins? when did i say that? i criticize whoever wins, regardless of party, when they screw up.

let’s be very very clear. my vacation from this forum had absolutely nothing to do with biden, it had 100% to do with Pete’s deeply offensive actions, and yours. I said that to you very very clearly. calling out someone’s wife is beyond what i would have thought was possible here. and the use of the word retard means you’re an uncaring jerk.

I’m fine with Biden’s win. i didn’t vote for him, but have made a ton of money investing in oil and lithium. any idiot could have seen that coming. paying for catholic school and hastening my retirement. if you’re not buying things that will do well in periods of high inflation, you’re blowing a huge opportunity.

Sense of humor? I’m writing a sitcom pilot with a brother, be happy to send it to you. I have no sense of humor about using someone’s children or ill spouse as a weapon against them, nor about making fun of people unfortunate enough to be born with special needs. you’ll say that means i’m angry. in reality, it’s because i’m a better man than you are.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-21-2021 at 07:13 PM..
Old 09-21-2021, 07:30 PM   #77
PaulS

Quote:
i said i wouldn’t criticize who wins? when did i say that? i criticize whoever wins, regardless of party, when they screw up.

let’s be very very clear. my vacation from this forum had absolutely nothing to do with biden, it had 100% to do with Pete’s deeply offensive actions, and yours. I said that to you very very clearly. calling out someone’s wife is beyond what i would have thought was possible here. and the use of the word retard means you’re an uncaring jerk.

I’m fine with Biden’s win. i didn’t vote for him, but have made a ton of money investing in oil and lithium. any idiot could have seen that coming. paying for catholic school and hastening my retirement. if you’re not buying things that will do well in periods of high inflation, you’re blowing a huge opportunity.

Sense of humor? I’m writing a sitcom pilot with a brother, be happy to send it to you. I have no sense of humor about using someone’s children or ill spouse as a weapon against them, nor about making fun of people unfortunate enough to be born with special needs. you’ll say that means i’m angry. in reality, it’s because i’m a better man than you are.
You're not a better man than anyone who posts here now, you're a #^&#^&#^&#^&. And you prove that every day the way you talk to everybody.
Old 09-21-2021, 07:32 PM   #78
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Poor little man

Lets Go Darwin
Old 09-21-2021, 07:42 PM   #79
Jim in CT

Quote:
You're not a better man than anyone who posts here now, you're a #^&#^&#^&#^&. And you prove that every day the way you talk to everybody.
im deeply flawed, but for damned sure i’m better than anyone who thinks it’s funny to call people a retard or to try to hurt someone by bringing up a wife’s illness. i don’t go there. you and pete do. kudos.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:06 PM   #80
Jim in CT

Quote:
Poor little man
yet i have no trouble admitting when i’m wrong, when my side is wrong, or when the other side is right. i do all that regularly.

You are literally incapable of that. You’re too scared to do it.

So who’s little? And who’s secure?
Old 09-21-2021, 08:13 PM   #81
Pete F.
Canceled

Pretty tribal aren’t you
Luckily the America I live in isn’t as narrow as yours
Old 09-22-2021, 03:39 AM   #82
Jim in CT

Quote:
Pretty tribal aren’t you
Luckily the America I live in isn’t as narrow as yours
interesting take, coming from the guy who got banned from starting new threads, specifically because of your psychotic obsession with attacking people who don’t agree with you.

how many guys post here? and how many have been formally banned from starting new threads? What do those answers mean to you?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 09-22-2021 at 04:16 AM..
Old 09-22-2021, 06:23 AM   #83
Pete F.
Canceled

You’re pretty confused, aren’t you
What a sad little man
Old 09-22-2021, 07:24 AM   #84
Jim in CT

Quote:
You’re pretty confused, aren’t you

I am? So you didn't get banned from starting new threads, putting you in a category either all by yourself, or very close to it? I got that wrong?

Where am I confused, please straighten me out.
Old 09-22-2021, 07:59 AM   #85
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I went Ballistic??? That's an interesting take.

I responded to snarky sarcasm with snarky sarcasm, that's what I do.

Whatever