Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 05-19-2022, 04:26 PM   #1
Jim in CT

Quinnipiac poll has Bidens approval with Hispanics at 26%

Nothing to see, dems going to sweep the elections in November.

One year ago, his Hispanic approval rating was 55%.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...ating-plummets
Old 05-19-2022, 04:27 PM   #2
wdmso

Now conservatives like Hispanics

You can’t make this stuff up!
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Old 05-19-2022, 04:44 PM   #3
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post

I don't have to make it up. Unlike you, I can respond to actual events and facts. The GOP has been making SLIGHT gains with Hispanics, and the data suggests that Hispanics shifted to the right in the VA governors race. Most recent polls are showing the same thing.

Quinnipiac is a liberal university in one of the most liberal states in the country (CT). Are they making this up?

You keep your head in the sand and your fingers in your ears, and pretend to be shocked at what likely (not certainly)happens in November.

The democrats control the entire federal government, and now on top of everything else, the economy is failing. A recession is likely, JP Morgan says average USA gas prices will be $6 by August.

Again, not all of this is the dems fault, but for sure it's all their problem.
Old 05-19-2022, 05:14 PM   #4
Raider Ronnie

Send a message via AIM to Raider Ronnie
Quote:

Who ever said conservatives don’t like Hispanics ?

LETS GO BRANDON
Old 05-19-2022, 05:38 PM   #5
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
Who ever said conservatives don’t like Hispanics ?
liberals say it constantly. we hate everyone who isnt white.
Old 05-20-2022, 03:24 AM   #6
wdmso

Wow you 2 live in a fantasy world don’t you!

In that world good Hispanics are Cuban the rest are invaders , rapists , drug smugglers, and human traffickers.. and don’t forget they get free baby formula .
Old 05-20-2022, 06:00 AM   #7
Jim in CT

Quote:
Wow you 2 live in a fantasy world don’t you!

In that world good Hispanics are Cuban the rest are invaders , rapists , drug smugglers, and human traffickers.. and don’t forget they get free baby formula .
All i did, was comment on the Quinnipiac poll.

You then said the gop doesn’t like hispanics, you ( not me ) said the only good hispanics are Cuban ( i never came close to saying that), and you then say that i’m the one living in fantasy world.

Do you have anything to say about the poll?

If that poll is within 10 points of
being correct, your party is done. Demographics are the future, and the demographic trend is more hispanics compared to whites

Biden is doing better with whites than he is with hispanics. If i was someone who thinks like you, and thank God I’m not, I’d speculate that democrats are bigoted against hispanics. Like you speculate that republicans are bigoted against blacks.z

Mexicans are also largely catholic, as are hispanics from other places. Maybe the left, as is their pattern, went a zillion miles too far to the whole left, and alienated themselves from Catholic Hispanics, who might not like to be told they’re all hatemongers who despise women

Look at the godawful state 8 years of obama left the democrats. . When he was done,,democrats held fewer elected offices in the US than any time since Civil War reconstruction, and that’s a fact. The DNC learned absolutely nothing from that. Your side literally has zero ability to respond to empirical facts and results. They can never any part of their ideology doesn’t work.

America likes moderate presidents and policies, not radical extremists on either side.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-20-2022 at 06:06 AM..
Old 05-20-2022, 03:50 PM   #8
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
All i did, was comment on the Quinnipiac poll.

You then said the gop doesn’t like hispanics, you ( not me ) said the only good hispanics are Cuban ( i never came close to saying that), and you then say that i’m the one living in fantasy world.

Do you have anything to say about the poll?

If that poll is within 10 points of
being correct, your party is done. Demographics are the future, and the demographic trend is more hispanics compared to whites

Biden is doing better with whites than he is with hispanics. If i was someone who thinks like you, and thank God I’m not, I’d speculate that democrats are bigoted against hispanics. Like you speculate that republicans are bigoted against blacks.z

Mexicans are also largely catholic, as are hispanics from other places. Maybe the left, as is their pattern, went a zillion miles too far to the whole left, and alienated themselves from Catholic Hispanics, who might not like to be told they’re all hatemongers who despise women

Look at the godawful state 8 years of obama left the democrats. . When he was done,,democrats held fewer elected offices in the US than any time since Civil War reconstruction, and that’s a fact. The DNC learned absolutely nothing from that. Your side literally has zero ability to respond to empirical facts and results. They can never any part of their ideology doesn’t work.

America likes moderate presidents and policies, not radical extremists on either side.
Jim not sure why you think every response is about you?

The GOP and it’s supporters vilified Hispanics any chance they get..

And only support the Hispanics whom they think and when it’s convenient.. that’s pretty evident ever election cycle
Old 05-20-2022, 04:38 PM   #9
detbuch

Quote:
This is ignorant, or stupid, or both . . . or one or all of these:

unintelligent · ignorant · dense · brainless · mindless · foolish · dull-witted · dull · slow-witted · witless · slow · dunce-like · simpleminded · empty-headed · vacuous · vapid · halfwitted · idiotic · moronic · imbecilic · imbecile · obtuse · doltish · gullible · naive · silly · scatterbrained · crackbrained · nonsensical · senseless · irresponsible · unthinking · ill-advised · ill-considered · inept · damfool · unwise · injudicious · indiscreet · short-sighted · inane · absurd · ludicrous · ridiculous · laughable · risible · fatuous · asinine · pointless · meaningless · futile · fruitless · mad · insane · lunatic
Old 05-20-2022, 04:42 PM   #10
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

I see this forum continues to be classy.
Old 05-20-2022, 05:25 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:

yet no examples provided.

can’t wait until
november.
Old 05-20-2022, 06:46 PM   #12
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
yet no examples provided.

can’t wait until
november.
If you need examples you truly don’t pay attention
Old 05-20-2022, 06:58 PM   #13
Pete F.
Canceled

It’s wild to me that they're holding CPAC in Hungary, openly celebrating Orban's defeat of democracy, openly planning to do the same in the US ... it's just all out in the open now. And still the media can't seem to convey it clearly to the public.
Old 05-20-2022, 07:41 PM   #14
Jim in CT

Quote:
If you need examples you truly don’t pay attention
then why do polls
show what they show with hispanics?

hispanics who came
here legally, turns out, aren’t huge fans of wide open borders

it’s all coming unglued

Last edited by Jim in CT; 05-20-2022 at 09:09 PM..
Old 05-20-2022, 08:09 PM   #15
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
And still the media can't seem to convey it clearly to the public.
They have the same problem that you have trying to convey clearly. It's hard to be clear when the narrative is misinformation based on half truths, lies, innuendos, and conjecture.
Old 05-21-2022, 05:54 AM   #16
wdmso

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
This is ignorant, or stupid, or both . . . or one or all of these:

unintelligent · ignorant · dense · brainless · mindless · foolish · dull-witted · dull · slow-witted · witless · slow · dunce-like · simpleminded · empty-headed · vacuous · vapid · halfwitted · idiotic · moronic · imbecilic · imbecile · obtuse · doltish · gullible · naive · silly · scatterbrained · crackbrained · nonsensical · senseless · irresponsible · unthinking · ill-advised · ill-considered · inept · damfool · unwise · injudicious · indiscreet · short-sighted · inane · absurd · ludicrous · ridiculous · laughable · risible · fatuous · asinine · pointless · meaningless · futile · fruitless · mad · insane · lunatic

Keep thinking the GOP respects Hispanics
Old 05-21-2022, 05:55 AM   #17
wdmso

Quote:
They have the same problem that you have trying to convey clearly. It's hard to be clear when the narrative is misinformation based on half truths, lies, innuendos, and conjecture.
It's hard to be clear when the narrative is misinformation based on half truths, lies, innuendos, and conjecture

you have just described the GOP.... but you'll never admit it
Old 05-21-2022, 06:06 AM   #18
wdmso

I read this and sums it out very well

Americans believe in certain tenets of the replacement theory, these messages of white victimhood and the idea that “America is not a racist country” aren’t going anywhere; we’re likely to hear these talking points from the GOP in 2022 and beyond.

JD Vance (and the GOP) are trying to give voters a sense of license to have these anxieties, discomforts and sometimes even prejudiced views,” said Justin Gest, a professor of policy and government at George Mason University. “Those are precisely the politics that he’s bristling at, and there are going to be voters who appreciate him giving them the license to believe what they
believe.”

Jd Vance Trump the list of the GOP and fox and conservative media hosts doing this is easily found and so are those who appreciate them for giving them the license to believe what they believe.”

truth and facts need not apply but Fear and the end to white dominance well that sells in GOP circles
Old 05-21-2022, 07:01 AM   #19
Jim in CT

Quote:
I read this and sums it out very well

Americans believe in certain tenets of the replacement theory, these messages of white victimhood and the idea that “America is not a racist country” aren’t going anywhere; we’re likely to hear these talking points from the GOP in 2022 and beyond.

JD Vance (and the GOP) are trying to give voters a sense of license to have these anxieties, discomforts and sometimes even prejudiced views,” said Justin Gest, a professor of policy and government at George Mason University. “Those are precisely the politics that he’s bristling at, and there are going to be voters who appreciate him giving them the license to believe what they
believe.”

Jd Vance Trump the list of the GOP and fox and conservative media hosts doing this is easily found and so are those who appreciate them for giving them the license to believe what they believe.”

truth and facts need not apply but Fear and the end to white dominance well that sells in GOP circles
Joe Biden is on video saying it’s “not a bad thing” that whites are becoming a smaller and smaller piece of the pie. He said this will make america better. There’s video of Biden saying this. So i’m not sure why you’d say it’s delusional that republicans believe in this.

(1) It’s in democrats clear interests for the nation to become less white. (2) Democrats also support open borders and amnesty and voting rights for illegals.

You’re telling me those two things aren’t connected? Of course they are. Democrats want to flood texas with more future democrat voters because if TX ever turns blue,,the gop cannot win a presidential election again.

Both sides obviously support measures that will help them win future elections.

This doesn’t make me a victim. It makes me someone who, unlike you, can see what’s happening right in front of my face.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:03 AM   #20
Jim in CT

Quote:
Keep thinking the GOP respects Hispanics
again, what’s in the GOP agenda that’s anti hispanic?

Yes, you can find individual republicans who say bigoted things, as i can find individual democrats who say bigoted things.

You’re saying “the GOP” doesn’t respect Hispanics. Based on what?

If polling is anywhere near correct, it seems Hispanics may disagree with you about what’s best for them.
Old 05-21-2022, 07:22 AM   #21
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Always a good day to remind folks that Rick Scott invoked the fifth amendment 75 times when being deposed after committing the largest case of Medicare fraud in U.S. history and was fined $1.7 billion for it. Now he has proposed a plan to dismantle Social Security and Medicare.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-21-2022, 08:16 AM   #22
Pete F.
Canceled

Latest NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist National Poll:
"47% of registered voters...say they will support the Democrat on the ballot in this year’s Congressional Midterm Elections. 42% think they will back the Republican."
Old 05-21-2022, 09:07 AM   #23
detbuch

Quote:
Always a good day to remind folks that Rick Scott invoked the fifth amendment 75 times when being deposed after committing the largest case of Medicare fraud in U.S. history and was fined $1.7 billion for it. Now he has proposed a plan to dismantle Social Security and Medicare.
Hope it's a good plan and it passes.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:10 AM   #24
detbuch

Quote:
It's hard to be clear when the narrative is misinformation based on half truths, lies, innuendos, and conjecture

you have just described the GOP.... but you'll never admit it
You've committed a conjecture.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:19 AM   #25
Pete F.
Canceled

Laura Ingraham Blames Build Back Better Agenda for Adding to National Debt – Even Though It Didn’t Pass

Because the cult doesn’t care if it’s right or true. It just has to sound good.
Old 05-21-2022, 09:59 AM   #26
detbuch

Quote:
Laura Ingraham Blames Build Back Better Agenda for Adding to National Debt – Even Though It Didn’t Pass

Because the cult doesn’t care if it’s right or true. It just has to sound good.
She didn't refer to the Build Back Better bill. She labeled the administrations spending "stupid Build Back Better spending." That is, in her opinion, the administrations excessive spending has been Build Back Better type spending or a Build Back Better type agenda.

That may very well be true if you want to make the comparison. And it may very well be a "sound good" innuendo.
Old 05-21-2022, 11:45 AM   #27
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
She didn't refer to the Build Back Better bill. She labeled the administrations spending "stupid Build Back Better spending." That is, in her opinion, the administrations excessive spending has been Build Back Better type spending or a Build Back Better type agenda.

That may very well be true if you want to make the comparison. And it may very well be a "sound good" innuendo.
Another only “didn’t really mean what they said”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Lets Go Darwin
Old 05-21-2022, 01:44 PM   #28
detbuch

Quote:
Another only “didn’t really mean what they said”
She didn't say Build Back Better bill.
Old 05-21-2022, 02:21 PM   #29
wdmso

Ohio Senate candidate J.D. Vance has leveled a bizarre new accusation against Joe Biden, suggesting that the president is trying to “kill” MAGA voters with fentanyl sold by drug traffickers.

Guess this is more hyperbole
Old 05-22-2022, 07:14 AM   #30
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
She didn't say Build Back Better bill.
Pretty simple,

She did say Build Back Better

Either you're on the side of Ingraham/Putin/ Orban, or you're on the side of America. It's not complicated at this point.

Lets Go Darwin