Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating

Left Nav S-B Home Register FAQ Members List S-B on Facebook Arcade WEAX Tides Buoys Calendar Today's Posts Right Nav

Left Container Right Container

Go Back   Striper Talk Striped Bass Fishing, Surfcasting, Boating » Striper Chat - Discuss stuff other than fishing ~ The Scuppers and Political talk » Political Threads

Political Threads This section is for Political Threads - Enter at your own risk. If you say you don't want to see what someone posts - don't read it :hihi:

Old 10-17-2008, 06:39 AM   #1
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

JOE THE PLUMBER

HAHA!!!

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14652.html
Old 10-17-2008, 07:12 AM   #2
PaulS

You mean Joe the plant. In addition to not being licensed (which may get him or his boss screwed????) he doesn't pay his taxes. Why does he care about the tax plan???? If anything, if he was a good citizen, he would benefit under Obama's tax plan.

I also read that he's not registered to vote and I also read that he's related to one of the McCain's Keating 5 (I wonder if that was true).
Old 10-17-2008, 07:20 AM   #3
Nebe

Old 10-17-2008, 08:24 AM   #4
EarnedStripes44

dagnabbit
Old 10-17-2008, 08:38 AM   #5
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Spin, no facts that came out discount the point being made. Joe clearly said he COULD make 250K a year if he bought the business when talking to Obama.

owing back taxes doesnt mean he doesnt pay them it may mean he cant pay them.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
Old 10-17-2008, 08:42 AM   #6
RIROCKHOUND
Also known as OAK

I know it's the NY Times (which is a rag to anyone who isn't a lefty pinko commie

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/17/us...us&oref=slogin
click the multimedia link....

how about WSJ?
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122418638192241823.html

If the baggage is true; I can't imagine he was a plant.

Regardless, I bet Joe is wishing he had kept his head down....
Jim, it may be that he can't pay them, or it could be that he didn't... all depends on the spin

Last edited by RIROCKHOUND; 10-17-2008 at 08:48 AM..

Bryan

Originally Posted by #^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&
"For once I agree with Spence. UGH. I just hope I don't get the urge to go start buying armani suits to wear in my shop"
Old 10-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #7
PaulS

Joe the plumber is never making $250,000. He hasn't completed his apprenceship and is unlicensed.

He said he's ready to buy a business making 250k-280K. His incremental taxes would be about an additional $900. I would be damm happy to pay that back to the country that gave me the opportunity to make that much $.

Last edited by PaulS; 10-17-2008 at 08:52 AM..
Old 10-17-2008, 08:48 AM   #8
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Spin, no facts that came out discount the point being made. Joe clearly said he COULD make 250K a year if he bought the business when talking to Obama.

Moot!

According to Obama's tax plan as stated, he'd be exempt from the tax increase McCain said he'd have to be burdened with.

I don't think you're going to win this one.

-spence
Old 10-17-2008, 08:55 AM   #9
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Then I guess Joe needs to work harder and longer hours, maybe even get a 2nd job to pay them.......

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
Old 10-17-2008, 10:13 AM   #10
Nebe

Look as a business owner, let me say that if Joe the plumber is going to be clearing 250k after taxes, he is going to have to gross 700 to a million. Then when his accountant says 'joe, you made over 250 k..your going to take a huge hit on your taxes' Joe will say 'the hell I am.. watch this' and will go out and buy a new dodge sprinter and write it off...

There is a saying I love... "a penny wise and a pound foolish".. I will happily vote for a person who wants a tax system like this... it will stimulate the economy in ways people can not fathom..
Old 10-17-2008, 11:14 AM   #11
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

I think that's what alot of people don't understand and are missing here...#1 he's not doing a million a year as a plumber so the guy hasn't a CLUE about owning a business. If he grosses $250k then he only pays tax on his NET PROFIT not on the gross. He's probably making about 50-60k a year or less which is what he'd REALLY pay taxes on.

As a small business owner if he's grossing $1m a year then I'm outta here. I will be in plumbers school tomorrow because in 10 years I'd be making a million a year eeeeeeeeeasy
Old 10-17-2008, 11:18 AM   #12
Nebe

THe thing is this- Obama cant come out and say what you and I are sayinng scott.. If he did, everyone would cry "scammer"... But in reality, thats the way business is done.

The sad thing is that joe wine cooler gets it. Joe coors looks at it all and just sees an arab.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #13
UserRemoved1
Permanently Disconnected

Agreed Nebster. It kinda is a scam too because it should have been said long ago, people don't understand this if they've never owned a business for themselves.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:48 AM   #14
Nebe

of course its a scam.. The GOP's mission is to serve the rich..

At anyrate, getting back to joe the plumber.. what was he paying for a lentgh of 1/2 inch copper pipe in 2001? and what would that same pipe cost now? Then Joe needs to consider his living costs now as opposed to then and what he bills an hour now as opposed to then. Joe the plumber has taken it in the arse these 8 years if you consider how many miles he has to drive and add up fuel usage, the cost of materials, etc....

Who did well these past 8 years?? Oil, defense contractors, money lenders, Huge corperations.... Joe plumber was and never will be a consideration in any policy making by the GOP...trust me.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #15
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

I just read something Humorous...his name's not even Joe.......Its Sam.

Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher.....at least that is what he's registered to vote as.

Old 10-17-2008, 03:13 PM   #16
Nebe

this country needs more Jane the plumbers..
Old 10-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #17
stripersnipr

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
I just read something Humorous...his name's not even Joe.......Its Sam.

Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher.....at least that is what he's registered to vote as.
So he is a registered voter?

The beatings will continue until morale improves
Old 10-18-2008, 05:00 AM   #18
scottw

hahah, yeah..."his name isn't even JOE"...man, talk about pathetic reaching, I've gone by middle name my entire life as well as a few friends because our father's first names were the same as ours, I don't think it's uncommon but I guess by Dad's and media's standards I'm not even Scott...wait till I tell my wife...I'm registered to vote by my given name just like Joe...but this is all rediculuous, he never claimed to make 250,000, he said he'd like to buy a business that makes that much and this is all absurd...he's a guy(a plant if it makes the conspiracy nuts happy), who asked a question of a Marxist, the Marxist, in turn explained that he felt it was his job to spread other peoples money around as he sees fit....these guys are great at pissing away other peoples money but look at their own pathetic charitable contributions and you'll see a different standard when it comes to their own money, they live lavishly off of their campaign contributions and then mock and condescend to anyone that questions them....What Biden?? No Plumbers living in your mulit-million dollar neighborhood??? NO %$%$%$%$!! what's important is the attack by the media and the dems and the dem candidates on a "guy" that they think threatens them....where was this rectal exam with Ayers, Wright, Farrakhan, Pflaeger, Retzko?....they sure were interested in Palin's daughter and her husbands DWI, what about the drug use by Obama admitted in his book at about the same time as Palin's husband's DWI? Have you forgotten the chatter before Bush's election "what if he starts drinking again?" well....what if Obama starts doing crack again??? ohhhh, now that would be racist....and what about the wholesale corruption of our electoral process by Acorn?? Media has no interest.... just beat up a little guy that questioned the messiah, call anyone that disagrees a RACIST...I think mainstream media has properly lost all credability and the trust of the American people to a large extent, at least with those that don't have their Obama blinders on, if that were not the case you'd see Obama miles ahead in the polls and with the exception of the CBS/NYT morons it's a few points....there's absolutely no reason that the republicans should be close to Obama given the economy, the all out cheerleadering of the mainstream media and frankly, the weakness of McCain as a candidate....should not be anywhere close...but they're completely over the top in the media and with this entire Obama messiah campaign and I think, I hope it bites them in the ass... remember, Hillary was the "ONE"
Old 10-18-2008, 05:39 AM   #19
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
Then I guess Joe needs to work harder and longer hours, maybe even get a 2nd job to pay them.......
That would be the patriotic thing to do. That way Obama can give a tax rebate to people that don't even have one job.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:46 AM   #20
buckman

According to Obama, 98% of the small businesses in America make less then 250K ??????????? And you guys believe he knows what he is talking about. I must have owned a huge corporation for 20 years
Old 10-18-2008, 06:15 AM   #21
ReelinRod

ScottW --- Jezz, you reading my mind?

Great post!

I've been a Phila Building Trades Union member for 29 years and even with all the pro-labor promises coming from zerObama I can not simply vote my wallet over my principles. I am not alone on the jobsites.

Let me tell you what real plumbers, sprinklerfitters, glaziers, carpenters, masons, etc, think . . .

I printed up a couple sheets of various small NObama stickers (below) for my hardhat and some of the guys in my crew. In less than 3 hours the whole job had them on their hardhats . . . 6 sheets went that fast and guys were stuffing dollar bills in my pockets to print some out for them personally. I was flabbergasted; encouraged but flabbergasted nonetheless . . . . Many guys seemed relieved that fellow union members held the same negative sentiments about zerObama they did; the atmosphere was absolutely jovial!

A lot of people are offering the public display of the hingehead "YES - OBAMA - I WILL OBEY" but in the privacy of the voting booth they will vote their conscience.

You can’t truly call yourself “peaceful” unless you are capable of great violence.
If you are incapable of violence, you are not peaceful, you are just harmless.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:33 AM   #22
buckman

Here's a hard hitting AP story from this mornings paper. WOW tough stuff

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081018/..._us/bill_ayers
Old 10-18-2008, 07:27 AM   #23
MAC

Plant..... conspiracy.....

How could he be a plant if Obama picked him out of a crowd????

My thoughts are he got raked over the coals. It shows how far MSM will go to assuring an Obama victory in November. Talk about media bias...
Old 10-18-2008, 08:37 AM   #24
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Here's a hard hitting AP story from this mornings paper. WOW tough stuff

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081018/..._us/bill_ayers
You didn't actually read it did you?

-spence
Old 10-18-2008, 08:40 AM   #25
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post
hahah, yeah..."his name isn't even JOE"...man, talk about pathetic reaching, I've gone by middle name my entire life as well as a few friends because our father's first names were the same as ours, I don't think it's uncommon but I guess by Dad's and media's standards I'm not even Scott...wait till I tell my wife...I'm registered to vote by my given name just like Joe...but this is all rediculuous, he never claimed to make 250,000, he said he'd like to buy a business that makes that much and this is all absurd...he's a guy(a plant if it makes the conspiracy nuts happy), who asked a question of a Marxist, the Marxist, in turn explained that he felt it was his job to spread other peoples money around as he sees fit....these guys are great at pissing away other peoples money but look at their own pathetic charitable contributions and you'll see a different standard when it comes to their own money, they live lavishly off of their campaign contributions and then mock and condescend to anyone that questions them....What Biden?? No Plumbers living in your mulit-million dollar neighborhood??? NO %$%$%$%$!! what's important is the attack by the media and the dems and the dem candidates on a "guy" that they think threatens them....where was this rectal exam with Ayers, Wright, Farrakhan, Pflaeger, Retzko?....they sure were interested in Palin's daughter and her husbands DWI, what about the drug use by Obama admitted in his book at about the same time as Palin's husband's DWI? Have you forgotten the chatter before Bush's election "what if he starts drinking again?" well....what if Obama starts doing crack again??? ohhhh, now that would be racist....and what about the wholesale corruption of our electoral process by Acorn?? Media has no interest.... just beat up a little guy that questioned the messiah, call anyone that disagrees a RACIST...I think mainstream media has properly lost all credability and the trust of the American people to a large extent, at least with those that don't have their Obama blinders on, if that were not the case you'd see Obama miles ahead in the polls and with the exception of the CBS/NYT morons it's a few points....there's absolutely no reason that the republicans should be close to Obama given the economy, the all out cheerleadering of the mainstream media and frankly, the weakness of McCain as a candidate....should not be anywhere close...but they're completely over the top in the media and with this entire Obama messiah campaign and I think, I hope it bites them in the ass... remember, Hillary was the "ONE"
Scott, I don't have the time to decompose all of your bull%$%$%$%$, but you appear to be so wound around talking points you're unable to reconcile very simple issues...just like the Bush hating lefties you claim to so despise.

-spence
Old 10-18-2008, 09:34 AM   #26
stripersnipr

This whole episode is a pretty typical example of what happens when you doubt or question the word of the annointed one. Screw him and his moonbat following. Decency will prevail.

The beatings will continue until morale improves
Old 10-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #27
boot man

Here's what I get a kick out of. The guy gets called for lying on camera and then there's wailing and gnashing of teeth about the guy getting too much heat from the press. The lesson: Don't lie (especially when the press is around every corner lloking for soundbites). His 15 seconds of fame came at a cost. Teach your children well.

Signed,
An undecided Independent who lives in a happy place somewhere between Franckenville and Limbaughtown.

Now get back to the stonethrowing.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #28
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Jesus it was a joke, my god......I bet if someone stuffed a lump of coal up your butt they'd have a diamond in 2 weeks...

I just thought it was funny that everybody is making this big deal about Joe the Plumber and his name is Sam....thats all.

I think the Conservatives on this board are going to suffer a Collective Anneurism if they don't learn to Chill Out.

and I know plenty of people that go by their middle names....its no big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw View Post

Old 10-18-2008, 11:11 AM   #29
Nebe

guess what.. Joe aint buying any business now. the credit market is almost frozen solid. That I blame mostly on 8 years of reckless cowboy leadership.... yeeee haaaaaw..

If joe the plumber wants to start making 250 a year, I suggest he start stripping copper pipe from foreclosed and vacant houses.. That is if Joe the plumber lives in providence.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #30
buckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
You didn't actually read it did you?

-spence
Yes I read it smug one. He's a effin hero. Look at the title of the story. The writer whitewashes everything this guy stands for.Not a big deal, you know the flying shrapnel from the bomb. He's such a great guy now. He even has pictures of his lovely past posted for all to see. He's effin proud of the stuff he did. I'm so glad he's feeding off of tax payer money. What a country.

Last edited by buckman; 10-18-2008 at 11:46 AM..